Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited November 2012

One more mild, sunny day before wintery weather hits. Left school shortly after the kids, let the cats out, and went for a long walk. I ran into a friend out with her dog, so ended up walking 75 minutes (up and down hills). Last year at this time she was in the middle of radiation; so you had two happy, thankful walkers out there (three if you count the dog). Came home and did 30 minutes Arms/Abs/ Buns of Steel.

Tomorrow we will go down to South Dakota and celebrate Thanksgiving with some of DH's family. This is the first holiday I haven't hosted in years.....and I am not at all sad about not cooking. In fact, when my SIL told me to bring whatever I wanted, I said, "I want to bring two pies from Perkins." And that is what I am going to do!!!

Badger, I will be thinking of you Friday and praying for an uneventful surgery & quick recovery.

Everybody, I am so thankful for all the motivation, friendship and fun we share together here on this thread. Much love...enjoy your turkey, and then back to working out we go! Kiss

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2012

Thanks, Ruth, and everyone here for the fellowship and support!  I check in Friday at 9:00, surgery should last 60-90 minutes.  Possibly home that afternoon. 

Walked at lunchtime then heard The Voices and went out again after supper. 

Logged 10.3 km = 6.4 miles for the day. Only 5.5 miles to go!  Will do it tomorrow. 

One more day of nice weather here too, 60's Thursday.  Then that cold air comes in from the Dakotas and it drops into the 30's Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving sisters!  You ladies are a blessing and I am thankful for you all!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited November 2012

Great news Ann!

Badger: I can see you singing and sprinting those last 5.5 miles! Have fun with them. Glad you will be able to make 3000 miles before your surgery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers on Friday.

Walked/ran at the park this afternoon. Nice cool weather.

Happy Thanksgiving. So thankful I have all of you in my life.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2012

Good deal, Ruth, with taking two pre-made pies.  I remember a Perkins restaurant in Indiana I wonder if it is the same chain?  Always good for breakfast.

Badger, congratuations on 3000 miles!  That's incredible!  And I'll be wishing you well with your surgery.

I'm traveling and may not get in more than a short walk the next few days but looking forward to getting back into a routine. Unfortunately my new PICC line has made certain hooping moves off limits (no repetitive shoulder motions allowed) for the next month but I will adapt.

I'm grateful for this thread, you lovely and inspiring ladies, and for all the exercise motivation I've gained this year.   Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2012

Well girls, today I had a clean bone scan, clean CT, and great bloodwork. Going to yearly bone scans, and eliminating the CT. Blood work was good. I got NED for Thanksgiving and I am so grateful.

I did 45 Turbo Fire EZ. I love this program. Heidi, it's great, the music is great, the choreography is great.

My hubby and I are doing a 5K turkey trot before we pig out! 

Happy Thanksgiving ladies! So grateful for all of you!

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2012

Misswim, that is wonderful news!!!  Badger, will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way on Friday.

It was a gorgeous day here in Maryland.  Walked 3 miles today followed by weights while DH, DS and DD put Christmas lights up outside.

I am thankful for so many things in my life, including the inspiration I find here.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2012

Well another spin class for me tonight ... what a shocker ehLaughing

Congratulations Misswim what a wonderful Thanksgiving gift to receive.  Ann I love your sentiment "I will adapt" nothing will keep you down.  Lilac too funny, you'll have to let know know where you used to hang out in HB. Badger how appropriate that you'll reach the 3000 mark on Thanksgiving, will be thinking of you on friday and wishing you a speedy recovery.

I am so thankful for BCO and all of the wonderful friends that this board has brought into my life. 

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2012

badger, we've watched those numbers in your signature as they've grown and grown - congratulations on your latest milestone! And best wishes for Friday.

misswim, what awesome news! It's great to know you'll have NED as a very welcome guest at your Thanksgiving.  Smile

Happy Thanksgiving, to all of you!

• Your Mods

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2012

Hi Ladies.....

Still working on my pre-Thanksgiving items.  First of all, roasting a pumpkin (and seeds) for pumpkin custard tomorrow.  Then nearly done with a parsnip soup.  Got tons of exercise today too:

1. Normal weekday weights/crunches
    2. A three mile brisk walk around Green Lake.  THE SUN WAS OUT!
    3. A one mile walk to the upscale grocery store for a couple of items
    4. A walk BACK to the upscale grocery store to return an overpriced item

Still waiting for soup to do for tonight's meal and tomorrow (parsnip with a touch of curry...YUM). 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Intend to do a 35 mile ride prior to tomorrow's feast.

This year, I am feeling beyond grateful.....for being here, for the wonderful friends I have, for my new and terrific life, for being the woman I always wanted to be.

So will feast tomorrow in celebration of all of us.  Then collapse in a major puddle of contentment and gratitude.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. - Claire

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2012

Misswim - Wonderful news!

Badger - Will be thinking of you tomorrow and 3000 is awesome.

Cheryl -   I used to go to a HB blues club and once saw BB King - amazing. 

I'm grateful for the connection with all of you, grateful for BCO support and througly enjoy learning more ways how to stay fit.  I have never heard of 45 Turbo Fire EZ or C25K before posting on this thread and have greater hope now to actually perform a bird pose - for at least 2 seconds.Wink

Happy Thanksgiving!

LB,x

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited November 2012

Eight kilo turkey is in the oven (just barely!), sides are prepared, pumpkin pies are done, table is set.  Looking forward to a feast with my family and friends.  So grateful to be able to celebrate with DH and kids this year.  

Happy Thanksgiving!   Thankful for this site and the wonderful connections here.  

Tomorrow, back to it!  

badger  Thinking of you, hugs and prayers for a quick surgery and recovery.  

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited November 2012

Beautiful 8 mile run this morning.  Now I have my turkey in the oven and am having my coffee w/a delicious piece (or 2) of pumpkin bread a friend brought yesterday.  Wonderful smells permeating my kitchen!

There will be 8 of us all together for dinner - me, hubby, our 3 sons, my sister and our mothers - ages 92 and 93.  Wonderful Italian ladies who enjoy each other's company and will discuss cooking and whose pizzelle recipes are better, etc. etc.  Truly thankful to still have them in our lives.

Misswim, great news.  Badger, hugs & prayers for tomorrow.

Now time for me to get off my butt and start cooking.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Let the feasting begin!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2012

Turkey Trot 5K. Bring on the calories!

Started the race next to a 92 year old, 35 year cancer survivor. Talk about inspiring.

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2012

50 min speed walk with my sister.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2012

I did 27 miles of cycling in the most glorious late fall weather.  Gorgeous scenery, including a newly-refurbished beaver house.  Talk about a family who will be snug and toasty for the winter.

Then took part in a bold daylight robbery.....some sage from a planting in the middle of a traffic island.  Yes, cars were going by.  But the sage is perfect, and really doesn't hurt the plant at all.

On to dinner.  Should be the most fabulous ever.  With so much to be thankful for.....just so many blessings. 

Happy, happy Thanksgiving! - Claire

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2012

i get to add 20 minutes of cardio mix by the firm to the almost hour walk today!

• badger
    edited November 2012

hi all, just a quick note to say I DID IT!

Got up early and went to work for a few hours.  Had just a few things to wrap up.  Drove past the annual Berbee Derby run/walk in Fitchburg (a suburb of Madison).  According to the news, there were 8,000 participants this year!  What a sight!

Came home, walked a bit in the glorious sunshine then napped.  DH brought dinner home and we ate then I went back out to put on the last miles.  Logged 10.5 km = 6.5 miles for the day so I'm officially at 3,001 miles.  Will up the goal to 3,500 after savoring this milestone.

Dipping my virtual toes in the virtual Pacific Ocean, maybe by Huntington Beach?  What are we sipping Cheryl?  I know we're eating cake! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I'll let you know once I'm back home tomorrow.  ((hugs))

• ruthbru
    edited November 2012

Congratulations, Badger! And good luck tomorrow.

Did 30 of pilates, went to S.D. where I ate all day long, home now....tired and full!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited November 2012

Congrats, badger!!! 3001 really has nice ring to it. Like 1001 nights. Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow.

My motivation has been sagging lately so I decided to do a butt lift workout yesterday. Maybe vanity will be the thing to give me a boost.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2012

LOL, Heidi, when my ass disappeared is when I got motivated to go to the gym.

• lilacblue
    edited November 2012

Momine - LOL!Wink

Badger - Sending up recovery vibes for you.

Miswim - I'm inspired.

Did freestyle step and body balance at the gym just at my lunch salad and now to get a whinging dog out.  My recon lefty has been very zingy and on/off achy this week - bit bothersome and doable.

Happy Friday Everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2012

reported as spam

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2012

Woohoooo Badger, we'll go to Dukes which is right on the beach, we'll sit on the patio and drink Champagne with our cake, thinking of you today sending healing (((HUGS))).  Lilac you probably went to The Golden Bear - old times good memories. 

Didn't have one slice of turkey yesterday cause I had prime rib and lambSurprised.

This moring did Body Pump class and then a 1-1/2 hour "Get that pie off your thigh" spin class, as an aside I had a Navy Seal on the bike next to me, he worked so hard there was like a bucket of sweat under his bike BUT after class he said to me "you really kicked my butt, every time I looked at you I had to push harder" I know he was pulling my chain but it sure was nice to be flattered by a very handsome young serviceman!!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2012

I did the 'pie off the thigh' FIRM 500 Calorie Workout.....although I should have replayed it about 5 times to get all the pie I ate off my thighs....yikes, I was very bad!!!

• badger
    edited November 2012

hi ladies, just a quick note to say I'm home and doing OK.  Sleepy from pain meds and belly is sore from him putting the camera into my navel and also he had to move a muscle aside to get the (expletive deleted) cyst out in one piece.  While we won't know for sure until path report comes back, he said it does not look like cancer so that's good news. Also, the results from the CA-125 are in already and negative so more good news.  Thanks for all the healing vibes and prayers!  ((hugs))

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2012

Badger, glad to hear you are home and doing well!!  Take it easy on youself for a couple of days.  Ruthbru and HbCheryl, I should have followed your example and uped the exercise -- pie was my downfall yesterday!!  But, I was out today doing a lot of  Black Friday shopping - does all that walking count as exercise???

• ruthbru
    edited November 2012

Yup, Shop and Sculpt!

Badger, glad you are home and doing OK!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited November 2012

Badger: so glad you're home and resting! Great news about your CA-125 results.

Oh my, I need to do the "Get the Pie Off Your Thigh" class. My family has been having a pie baking contest for years at Thanksgiving. Yesterday I had a taste from 13 different pies! And that was after stuffing myself from the main meal.

Walked only a little today but will catch up tomorrow.

• lilacblue
    edited November 2012

Badger, hope you recover quickly and negative is great news!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited November 2012

Good news, Badger!  Happy to hear!