Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2013

Nicole I think that I may try a swim but I will do it bald. I bet it will feel OK. I go bald at yoga as even my light sleep caps bug me then.

I did a 3.5 hour (including a short lunch stop as it was too cold to stop long) hike in our local mountains today with a group. I found the uphill got my heart going and I moved to the back but was fine on the flat and downhills. I was exhausted after and am taking tomorrow off completely. Chemo coming up Tuesday.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2013

RPM class tonight and my legs are screaming at me, so windy and yukky here it was hard going out to the gym but I always feel so good afterwards.

Ruth take your own advice and gargle, gargle, gargle.  I have an appointment in the morning to get my flu shot after all the news reports I thought I had better go ahead and get one.

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited January 2013

retail walking for 4 hours, purse got a workout too.

xxx

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2013

Hi there,

Late night after splurging on a mocha, skim- no whip. But I'm thinking I may feel it tomorrow after being up so late tonight.

Finished a modified version of brazil butt lift early last week. I have to substitute or skip some upper body moves that involve the pecs. Restarted it on Sunday to see if better nutrition and commitment yield better results. Had lost almost 5 inches but only 3 lbs. I'm encouraged though- just to feel better after doing it helps.

Happy Friday!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2013

I've been sick this week, really sick, no gym or home just bed.  Had to miss my pre-op assessment for diep, stage 2, next Wednesday.  My gp is on it and helping me to get well and I hope I can by next week.

Good to read everyone is on the up and hope to join you soon!

• Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns
    Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2013

Nicole -- (and anyone else with range of motion issues) -- I was having limited ROM -- and a couple trips to a physical therapist has done WONDERS... so you might try that, too. :)

Yesterday I just got a short hike in (about a mile in the meadow across from our house) -- but it apparently was enough to offset the YUMMY (restaurant) bacon cheddar burger I splurged on last night!

No weight gain this morning ... and now back on track!

I doubt I get any walking in today -- the temps here in the mountains are dropping into the single digits -- and much wind with 50 mph gusts... So will have to settle for indoorsy exercise -- floor exercises and the glider. Who knows -- the variation might be just what the muscles need.

I am still wearing my post-surgery corset every day -- and can really notice the loose-ness in the upper portion these days! I need to re-tailor to fit the new more-scuplted me!

Linda

• sonson
    sonson Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2013

I haven't posted in a while because that last round of chemo really did me in with the fatigue and muscle weakness.  Now that I'm 8 weeks PFC and have been going to PT I feel stronger than I did just two weeks ago.  I finally was able to run on my treadmill the other day.  I was able to walk with running mixed in.  I walked 3 miles mixing in 3/4 of a mile of running.  It felt great to be able to move like that again.  I'm not exactly back where I was before the chemo started, but it's a start and I'm greatful to be up and moving.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited January 2013

Nasty weather here, and from watching the news I see that we are not alone. They told us to get home right after the kids left (rain, followed by snow, followed by wind etc.). So I came home, walked on the treadmill and did an hour long 'Hit the Spot' toning DVD with Denise Austin. I brought a bunch of work home as tomorrow doesn't sound very nice either. Stay safe if your weather is bad. Enjoy for all of us if it is good!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2013

hi ladies and welcome mebmarj. 

LilacBlue, hope you feel better soon!

Sonya, welcome back, congrats on being PFC.

Ruth, I saw the blizzard warnings for ND so stay safe & warm, and yes stay home!

Warm(ish) and foggy here today, got out for a walk at lunch & had a wild ride home.

TGIF - have a good weekend everyone.

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited January 2013

perfect weather here 31deg - now off for my power walk and music blasting out any dead negative matter..cant exercise without music.

later gym - was going to do pilates but after reading mebmarj im going to work my butt off.

linday - loosness - sounds nice

ruth - do you do all your exercise at home - ive tried but because no one can see me i cheat and only do little bits whereas at the gym  i do lots more cause i would look like an idiot doing  1 bench press 1 leg extension and moving on to the next machine.

mebmarj - so hard working the butt which i need more than anything -  im going to do lower half today and push my butt up up n up!!

lilac blue - hope you come good soon.

son son - well done you are getting there.

xx

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2013

Weird weather tonight-- it actually hailed a bit.

Hooping outdoors and a brisk walk Wednesday, nothing yesterday, and today a session of hoop dance indoors.  I think I actually got a better workout in the confined space since there's no room for the less strenuous off-body tricks.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2013

Took it easy yesterday as truncal LE is flaring, I think from the snow shoveling 2 days ago.  I've worked hard and carefully to get upper body strength back, but a little shoveling has done me in  Tongue Out  

Today I'm planning on a lower body and ab workout and leaving the arms to rest.  

Hugs and Happy Weeekend  ~

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Yes, I exercise at home. I have a notebook where I mark off my hours, and I am so anal that I can't cheat!

The snowblower, which worked fine earlier on a test run, did not start this morning, so I got in some quality time with DH shoveling snow. Since I was already sweaty, I just continued and did a FIRM DVD Total Sculpt Plus Abs, and 20 minutes on the treadmill. DH and I are going to go have coffee with some of our old buddies at the nursing home. When I come home, I can not come on here and play games, but must actually get some things done around here. BRRRRR...I wish someone would invite me to visit them in Florida.....

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2013

Welcome Mebmarj and good to see you again Sonson.  Did a Body Combat class at my gym this morning and then an old instructor had invited me to her Zumba launch class so drove over to another gym and did that as well and now I don't feel guilty eating the chocolate covered almonds I found in the cupboard last nightSurprised

Hope you are feeling better Lilac, and your LE is calming down Joy.  Ruth I'd invite you to SoCal but it's freezing here although the sun is out, I know how much you love the ocean and yesterday I was driving up the coast from Laguna Beach and the ocean was all choppy and grey not inviting at all, and this morning there was ice, yes ice, on the back window of my car!!!!!

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2013

I went for a great 2.8 mile run today, even though my baseball cap/wig kept falling down my forehead! What was fun is the Nike +run app I downloaded that used GPS to record runs. I signed in and there were all my runs from 2005 thru 2010. What a motivator that turned out to be! It reminded me what I am capable of. Sweet!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2013

windy & cold today so made errands my exercise.  Needed printer ink so hit the big box store first for a walk-about.  Was a busy day, ended up logging 7.64 km = 4.75 mi.  Going to a GB Packers game party tonight. 

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2013

30 minute walk with my husband and daughter.  That is what I can muster two days post AC infusion and I'm glad I did!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2013

Just got out of a hot bath which I needed after a ten mile ski today.  More tomorrow.  Was brisk, but that means wonderful snow.  New boots work great, and I didn't fall getting off the chairlift!!!

I also invested in a Season's Pass which I was planning on getting two weeks ago, but moped around with the flu instead.

I feel FABULOUS, if a bit stiff.  It was crystal clear today, and bright sunshine.

I may wear my thicker long johns tomorrow, as the lightweight silk ones don't quite do it.  Also, I am thinking about my mittens.  Got some frostbite on the long downhill, and took 1k of slogging to warm up.  I can still feel as I type.

But such a treat to have these clear, cold, and bright winter days.  I have to do my favorite trail tomorrow which takes me up another 500' or so.  At that point, you feel you are on top of the world.  With needing the pass and such, I ran out of time today, but hopefully will be equally clear and amazing.

This was a day you dream of if you ski.  i am smiling big time.....and lounging about in my cashmere sweats.

On to dinner in a few......more braised duck leg, but this time with roast potatoes and carrots with ruby chard braised in butter, pine nuts, and raisins.  Not sure yet if I will go red wine or Riesling with this meal.

Life is good. - Claire

• dmag62
    dmag62 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013

This is a great topic! I have not really exercised since my last surgeery. A lot because I have felt like crap, it's cold, and all the side effects but I'm going to have side effects anyway and I don't even know if exercise will make them better or worse! I was on a most days do something for a long time before dx. I think frozen by all of this but I gotta believe that doing something will help. Will post if I do something tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2013

Claire you sure know how to take care of yourself.  Sounds like a great day, and another great dinner.

I seriously wanted to stay inside and mope today but the hubby suggested a walk, after which I did some hooping in the driveway.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Post either way dmag, but I think you will feel better if you move a little....and like you sort of said, if you feel crappy but you have exercised.....at least you can feel virtuous!!!! Innocent (halo)

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2013

Dmag62 ~ I will be looking forward to your post.  It does feel good to move your body and I wish that goodness for you.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2013

Hi there- wow you all have me motivated to keep up! today was the bum bum workout- lots of squats! tomorrow, actually later today, i have high&tight (leg/butt) and sculpt(light weights). I'm convinced its the hot chocolate that has kept me up late tonight. Got to lay off that stuff i guess. Ugh!

Good news- writing down my exercise video workouts, you know which stretch, movement and number of reps. Got onto the computer to make a playlist for some music to do exercise to now. I'm tired of the instructors' voice and still have to chronicle a few more workouts... But I'm very excited to see how this will go!

Have a great Sunday!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited January 2013

Today was a "rest" day, but temps in the 40's now so I went out for a nice walk, about 4 miles, really enjoyed it.  Made friends with the most beautiful Golden Retriever named Spencer.  He was blind so he kept turning his left ear to me as I spoke to him.  What a sweetie he was.  Nice to slow down and smell the roses once in awhile.  If I was running I wouldn't have stopped.

Now home making oatmeal w/pumpkin.

Signed up for a half-marathon in Boston on Memorial Day weekend.

Football today - Go PATS - happy Sunday all.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited January 2013

PS: Claire, my next life I'm coming back as YOU!  Sounds heavenly . . .

• Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns
    Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2013

LuvLuLu -- Love your photo! I love my mountains, but that beach sure looks good!

Les and I went out for another 2 mile cross country hike yesterday -- after an afternoon of house cleaning and building lots of shelves (mostly to house all the jars of elk/antelope and veggies that I canned last fall... which previously had no real home and clogged every closet and storage space...

The end of this month Les's brother and 2 friends are coming for a few days to hunt elk. Our house is tiny... so I am embracing their visit as motivation to do some DEEP cleaning that will make the house look better and be more comfortable for months to come! Yesterday I took everything out of my closet (OMG what I had stufffed in there!) so shelves could be built... now today I will sort through the stuff with a hard heart ... and get rid of at least half!

The hike yesterday was sort of an after-thought -- barely got it in before dark fell.

I am sure glad we did -- the scale today reflects another pound lost (Yay!).

I can really begin to see the difference in the muscle definition in my legs, now that I am 14 weeks post BMX/DIEP and amping up the exercise. 

Put my weight loss goals onto my calendar this morning -- 2 pound loss per week. At this rate I will reach my goal by May 1... a little later than I had hoped, but I think expecting anything more than 2 pounds per week loss would be setting myself up for failure... and probably unhealthy. Exercise (I think) is the key! One step at at time -- literally!

Linda

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2013

5 k yesterday and 5 k today and happy no rain for days!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Arms sore from shoveling plus The FIRM, so just did the treadmill. Went to a movie this afternoon and bought a cute $40 purse for $10! Cool

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2013

News flash Linda!!!  If you have plenty of beer and snacks around, the guys won't even notice the dust.  Plus some place halfway decent to sleep.  Probably stocking up the bathroom and clean towels would be a nice touch.

Hoping they bag a nice tasty elk!!!

I didn't do the upper climb I planned today as was running out of steam, so just the 10 miles I did yesterday.  Plus, not quite as clear or glorious.  My body is talking to me big time, especially the part I sit on.  Even after a long bath.  I do feel though like I have my skiing groove back.  I had to relearn some things as different boots require I change things up.

I need to do some work to get ready for tomorrow....but may take a nap too.  Nice to be home.

But such a thrill to have such wonderful skiing.  Just wonderful.  Much as I love to cycle, skiing is my first love sportswise. - Claire

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2013

Yoga, serious hot practice both yesterday and today. My DH and DS snowboarded this afternoon. Not my thing, but I brought my snow shoes and slogged around in the woods at Mount Snow in the 50 degree weather. My hamstrings are screaming. We are all exhausted but happy!