Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2013

That feeling that your body is strong and whole and alive with breath and life?  That feeling, despite coming later and staying only fleetingly is why I push myself to walk long and hard.  It is totally worth it.  So glad to feel it today.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2013

Two hours of snowshoeing! Perfect day at Callaghan.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited January 2013

After being on 2 different antibiotics that didn't work, the 3rd one was the charm! I'm all better now and finally felt good enough to walk/run at the park today. Speaking of today, it was full sun, bright blue sky and 61 degrees. Delightful!

Ruth: Good luck prepping tonight. Ugh.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2013

20 mins stat bike, 25 mins treadmill, 30 mins weight machines for upper body.  I'm a happy camper. 

Ruth, thinking of you tomorrow. 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2013

Also perfect skiing....way, way above the freezing fog.  Same inversion here as in Vancouver BC.  I think will be ending soon though as was windy on top today whereas perfectly calm yesterday.

I need a major butt sling.....beyond sore. 

Had a cycling club board meeting tonight and won the thorny issue battle over a broken membership process.  Work on my part, but at least progress forward.  Someone else will be fixing the other broken part.  I was in a "no win" situation, and fortunately figured out how to make it all work.  (Plus eliminate all the pain coming my way.

I am behind on work, but should be just fine, if I do an early day.

So off to bed.  Man o man, am I sore.  I don't think skiing misses any muscle groups.  I will see how my friends did tomorrow.  Suspect equally sore.  I do see major muscles popping out on my thighs, and my shoulders are even more sculpted than usual.

Good luck Ruth.  But it will all be over very soon.  The prep is the worst, and I do believe draconian.

Off for an early night. - Claire

• Sneakychiquita
    Sneakychiquita Member Posts: 110
    edited January 2013

Yay, Nicole!  Good to hear.  

I'm in my major chemo fog daze (Days 3 & 4).  By some miracle I was able to drag my body out of bed at 1 pm today to get dressed and walk my daughter to her ballet class.  I think tomorrow will be much of the same, but usually I'm jogging again by Day 5.

Marian - I signed up for the same meditation class.  I was told I'd make it into the May group.  I'm contemplating some hypnosis in the meantime.  Can't wait for that ReTreat at Red Mountain at the end of this cycle!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2013

Hope all goes well for you (((Ruth))).

Good to read everyone is benefiting from some form of exercise and movement and feeling better form these moveable germs. Wink  Cheryl, is the release you are doing in body step the one with lot's of step - push ups?  If it is, that is a killer.

Have a good start to the week,

LB, x

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited January 2013

Fun day, Ruth.  Actually, the worst is over.  There's gotta be a better way.

20 min treadmill intervals - I did a fitness test which you put your age, sex, weight and it stops after 2 miles and tells you your results.  I'm happy to report I scored 100%.  Good way to start a dreary Monday after the Patriots lost and most people have the day off, but I'm off to work.

Followed up the intervals w/shoulders, abs and stretch.

Talking cold, single digits this week and my running partner will be off to sunny FL.  I think I'll come inside and do the elliptical on my running days this week . . . or not.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2013

Ruth I hope by now your procedure is done.  Sounds awful.  I'll get to join the ranks next year.

Well maybe it wasn't so smart to start a 30 day hoop challege right before lumpectomy surgery.  I'm restricted to walking for the time being.  I was really sick and dizzy from the anaestheia or the pain meds or both.  Still haven't had a BM in 3 days, which doesn't help the nausea issue.  Oh well feeling better today so I will try a walk.  I get pathology results tomorrow.  I was warned I may need mastectomy after all.  Somehow some sneaky DCIS may have cropped up over a 4 cm area (which is larger than the original tumor!)  She wasn't sure from the MRI, but if those specks are DCIS, then off goes the breast :-(

Cheryl that's funny that hooping has come to Target.  I will have to check next time I'm there.  If they are the weighted "fitness" hoops I will be horrified.  Heavy hoops = lots of bruises.  I like to think of it as more of a dance form with a side benefit of exercise than a straight-up workout.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited January 2013

Hello, all went fine, the prep isn't awful...just annoying. As I said to the nurse, "I am so tired, hungry and thirsty that I am looking forward to getting knocked out."  I'm not sure if I will do anything later or just stay low for the day. Off to eat and drink things that are nor chicken broth and apple juice!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2013

Glad that the procedure went well, ruth.  I'm due for one myself Tongue Out the prep is the worst part            Ann (hugs) hope for good path results  

Hour of pilates reformer and 20 minutes jump board.   

• patoo
    edited January 2013

Ruth, glad it went okay.  Hope you didn't overdo movement today as you are supposed to let your body get some nutrition back in (you dropped it all in the throne!)

Getting up in a few and will do Leslie DVD. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited January 2013

(((Ann)))

Ruth: Enjoy eating!

Walked/ran at the park today. Felt great!

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2013

20 minutes on eliptical 25 on treadmill...and a nap today with my 3 year old :)

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Took the day off.....napped and snacked....

• patoo
    edited January 2013

Okay, didn't do Leslie.  Decided my floors (3 bedrooms, 2 flights of steps, 1 short hall) needed to have a visit from the vacuum and kitchen floor needed a wash.  Guess I could still do Leslie but probably will just march to the news at 10 instead.  Yep, sounds like a plan.

Night my sculpted sisters.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2013

Still doing the brazil butt lift.  Into wk 3, Have been a little sore and took today off (had to work too). 

Due for high&tight tomorrow and maybe I'll throw in sculpt if I'm really feeling it.

Happy Tuesday!

P.S.  This may be late for some, but anyone planning on prep for a colonsocopy- get some personal wetwipes.  Well worth the few dollars. 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2013

Glad all went well Ruth. This morning did Sh'bam dance class and tonight Spin and in between I did like everyone else I napped, almost missed my spin class cause I was curled up under a blankie on the couch which of course means that at 2am I'll still be awake watching Investigation Discovery my new obsession!!!!! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2013

hi ladies, just a quick post as almost time to hit the shower for work.

Exercise Sun & Mon (I had the day off work) was yoga & meditation.  Too cold to walk outside.  But did lots of Clean & Sculpt including six loads of laundry, up & down stairs.

RE: ratatouille, sorry ladies I don't deliver but there's lots left as DH informed me he doesn't care for eggplant.  After all these years of marriage, I learned something new about him.  So Momine, I took your suggestion and used it for lasagna filling.  He loved it!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2013

Weekend excercise consisited of 30 day shred and Zumba on the Wii.  Yesterday, walked, but did not get on the treadmill for the c25k (now I have missed 2 days).  Just not enjoying the treadmill without the Ipod!!  Planning on walking today, it is -16C with a wind chill of -28 (1 F or -18F).  We will definitely be bundling up - already have a scarf for the head wrapping!!! Surprised 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited January 2013

Badger, that is funny. Glad the lasagne worked out.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited January 2013

Trying to get back to it..... C25K Week 1 Workout 1, 2, 3!  (60 min-3.68 miles)

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2013

Haven't been here in a bit - I mis-managed letrozole fatigue and over did it last week and paid for it.  I went down for the count for 3 days Wed-Friday and couldn't manage any exercise at all.  I got hit with fatigue hard during chemo and couldn't do any exercise after a few tx, so I guess it stands to reason that I'd get the letrozole fatigue s/e extra hard.  Lucky me. Undecided I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to be off that stuff on July 1.  When I told my onc I was thinking of signing up for the half marathon but was worried about the letrozole s/e, she told me that if I went through with it, she'd give me a 4 week letrozole "vacation" the month before the race so I'd be s/e free for the race.  Only you ladies would understand why training for a half-marathon is so worth it just to take a one-month AI vacation!  Cool

5 mile hike Saturday, Sunday was a rest day, 4 mile run yesterday, yoga tape this morning. 

Badger - had some Wisconsin relatives in town this weekend for the Inauguration.  Gee, I could have had them pick up some of the leftover ratatouille/lasagna from you to bring out here!Tongue Out

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited January 2013

Hubby and I went for a 2 hour walk in the woods near our house Saturday.  Light snow on the ground so we could see all sorts of tracks, and pretty warm temps, it was awesome.  But that was about it for weekend exercise.  Did have a football party at my house Sunday, so I guess cleaning beforehand counts?  And lots of laundry.  Also did a little retail therapy, so got some walking in there.  Suffering from an achy back most of the weekend, which usually indicates I need more core work.  Did try to do some classical stretch this morning.  No lunctime walk since it snowed last night, but off to spinning tonight.  Then turning bitterly cold, so I'll probably not walk for the next couple of days :(

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2013

I did the minimum yesterday.  Just weights/crunches and a one mile walk.  Was glued to my office chair catching up.

Still "noticing" all the weekend skiing, and can feel a major difference in my muscle tone.  YAY!!!

My friend Amanda noticed it too.  She described me as being "super fit" and strong right now. 

Back to work.....crunches in a few to energize my BRAIN.  The other reason to keep moving.  My brain goes soft when I don't move enough, and I need my brain in primo shape to maintain my lifestyle. - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2013

Short and slow walk last night.  I had to hold my left arm tightly up to my side like a chicken wing to avoid stabbing pain in the armpit.   Really eager for whatever is going on in there to heal.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Argh, my post just vanished when I clicked submit. Undecided

Hope everyone who does not feel good, feels better.

They must have given me some good drugs yesterday as I don't remember a thing. A nurse called today to check on me & asked if I had any questions on the discharge instructions. I couldn't remember getting discharge instructions, but when I came home from work, there they were sitting on the dining room table! Luckily I didn't go crazy & exercise yesterday 'under the influence', because the instructions said to lie low that day & not lift over 10 pounds for a week. Anyway, I am fine today and walked on the treadmill for 75 minutes.

Still so cold here that we made the ABC National News, as in, "If you are feeling chilly where you live, at least you are not in North Dakota." Gee, I don't think that was a compliment!?!

• Desny
    Desny Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2013

I did a tape with jazz and toning - it was good and then stretched on my own. 

Ruth, so happy that it went well.  Good your done!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Alls well that 'ends' well. Tongue Out

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2013

2.75 miles on the treadmill today. Yoga tomorrow night with maybe a spin on the bike before class.