Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns
    Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2013

Traveling is taking its toll. Last week in Tucson to visit my sister. This week in Denver to accompany my honey (he is presenting at two business meetings). Junk food in car, and away from the dog and those nice long (outdoor) walks. 

Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the treadmill at the hotel gym -- and tried my first weight machines (with virtually NO weight). Today my lymph-node-removed armpit is talking to me big time. No more machines for a while.

Today I switched to elliptical -- 15 minutes at 4.5mph -- and felt SO burned out on being inside...

A little is better than nothing i guess... waiting now for Les to return so we can go out to a movie and dinner... and hopefully some walking.

Last night we went to see "Impossible" -- really gripping... excellent movie, but not for the faint of heart. Oh -- so Yes, I had the movie popcorn, too... and a margarita when we went to a restaurant for dinner. Probably do the same tonight.

Thank goodness we finally go home tomorrow! :)

Linda

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2013

Still not regularly back to posting but trying to do some moving everyday.  Need to bump it up though so get those voices a little louder please.  Cold as it is doesn't help at all - come spring/summer, please come soon.

Night my sculpted friends.  (no, not off to bed, have choir rehearsal)

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2013

Sneakychiquita

Congrats on being done with AC #4!!  You did it!!!  I have found that I have more peace with honoring the energy I have rather than pushing myself farther/harder than is comfortable. A good walk while I'm still in the dark days following AC is comforting and energizing, even if it is not what I would have considered "exercise" pre breast cancer.  I am hoping that you are on the upswing and can find joy in your jogging soon!!  

• Sneakychiquita
    Sneakychiquita Member Posts: 110
    edited January 2013

Thanks, ladies.  Yes, those jogs, despite how slow they may be, are great in comparison to the days I can't leave my bed.  I don't think I was any quicker, but I sure felt better today.  I think I may even have energy to make dinner for my daughter.  Small victories, but victories nonetheless, on the path to recovery.  

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2013

Great job, Sneaky!! 

45 minute home yoga practice with a dear friend tonight. We did a podcast of Baptiste Power Flow. It was great.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2013

Enjoyed yoga last night and did a lot of core work. Tonight I came home and walked on the treadmill at 4.5 mph for 3 miles.

New to the fitness tread and appreciate the welcome...fyi, I am a huge Biggest loser fan...

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited January 2013

Cocoa, don't spend too much time on the Internet. You will drive yourself crazy, and most ot the stuff you read (about anything), is 'worst case senario'....which rarely, rarely happens (with anything).

Sneaky, I'm another 'AC Graduate'. Just do what you can now, it will help you bounce back quicker when you are done. One step at a time (literally somedays). Hang in there!

Linda, you might as well enjoy the popcorn, dinners out & drinks while you can. What are vacations for?!

PATOO, sending loud voices.....GET MOVING!!!! Wink

An hour on the treadmill. Should do a little toning, but now that I've sat down, it probably won't happen.... 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2013

Mary I don't think they'll let Jillian have a one on one I'll bet they give her others from blue/red to train, when you watch this weeks episode they do a 5K in Long Beach and you can see Huntington in the distance left of screen, I'm betting it was filmed last Oct/Nov cause we had a spate of amazingly beautiful days back then.  Welcome Odie, Mary, Joy and I are BL fans so welcome to the group.  Patoo, sending LOUD voices MOVE IT girlSealed but I do understand cause when it's cold it's all about snuggling under blankies.  Linda enjoy your time in Denver cause you'll pick right back up when you get home.  Liv your lunch made my mouth water, one thing I've never given up is beetroot on my hamburger, people look at me like I'm crazy but don't knock it till you've tried it, and I don't think you're a nutter I think you're appreciating life.

Tonight did RPM class, my hamstrings were screaming but I peddled on regardless. 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2013

PATOO - forget about "voices"; I am sending you a swift kick to the posterior.  Can you feel it???

So my counsel to you is GET IT IN GEAR!!!

Unless sub zero, no excuses at all.  This from a Vermont lass.  In Vermont, if you don't go out when it's a bit nippy, you stay indoors for 8 months.  Seattle is similar, but not as cold.  But a chill from dampness.

Off to my blanket and snuggling underneath.

Dreaming of skiing.................................... - Claire

• misswim
    edited January 2013

I can safely tell you Claire that it is sub zero in VT right now.... But looking forward to a snow shoe next week when we have sun and 40 deg temps forecasted. This week my lungs hurt walking from the house to the car, it was so cold!

Did the Insanity fit test this morning. Nearly puked!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited January 2013

Just looked at temps for where I grew up.  Not unusually cold for winter in VT (-10F lows, not -30F).  That said, I would want to be walking etc in the SUN.  Hey wait, I did that with a friend on my birthday about a decade ago.  We went for a ski, and were doing a loop.  But we retraced our steps in the sun.

The year before that, I bagged after my AM ski.  I was doing downhill that day, and the chairlift at Smugglers was just icy, plus it was snowing!  So like getting sandblasted with ice crystals and wind.  I went and had chili and a Magic Hat.  I did not go back out, but headed for a hot bath.

Growing up, chairlifts were warmer because they supplied blankets.  But I had a goatskin face mask.  Made all the difference going down.  I loved skiing at about 10F as great snow and no one else out there.

I sometimes get chilled skiing at Snoqualmie.  This happens because the ski down is in the shade, after a long uphill in the sun.  So start out sweaty (make that dripping wet) for the descent.  However, really really fun, and I warm up at the end.

The temps that I can't stand are 36F and pelting rain.  Just foul. - Claire

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2013

Just got back from the gym, 30 mins on elliptical and 15 min on bike...going to do a bit of gentle yoga

Had a great appt with LE therapist, informative and encouraged working out...happy.

Claire- went to grad school at UMV, supervised highschool snowboarding team...payment in the form of  a season pass to Stowe :) worked at Magic Hat giving tours during a summer...loved living in VT, but man it could get soooo cold! 

Have a great weekend all! 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2013

30 minute treadmill run after work last night, and an hour aerobic DVD workout this morning.  Took a mental health day off today - I'm having a really bad time with winter blahs - hard to get moving and I'm SO fatigued.  It was all I could do to finish the treadmill run yesterday and I'm wiped out after the DVD today.  Not sick - just horrible horrible letrozole fatigue - I am counting down the months till July 1 when I'm off it.  I do so miss getting outside for my dawn runs, but running on icy sidewalks is not smart so I'm kind of stuck on the treadmill for now.  At least I'm able to get out on Sunday days for my long runs in the park.  Just not feeling my normal resilient self lately.  Frown  I need The Voices too!!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2013

After being a slug most of the week, we finally got out for a walk this morning!  Yay!!  AND I just finished 30 minutes with the Wii Fit Plus - forgot how fun that can be!  Giving the running and Shred a rest as I have developed some lower back pain and I have noticed it is going away - so I guess it is excercise related - now to get back doing them!

((Mary)) - Maybe your body just wants a break from the training?  Hope you feel better soon!

Patoo - We are Calling YOUUUUUUUU!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

50 minutes of a spot toning DVD & 30 on the treadmill.

Everyone here is very crabby from it being so dark, cold, and windy all the time. The January BLAHS! Lets each do something fun for ourselves this weekend and report back. Maybe a little 'retail therapy'!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited January 2013

Ruth: Good idea! I need to be on the computer reviewing some material this weekend for most of the weekend. Thinking about inviting a friend to dinner tomorrow night for my break.

Icy here today. "Walked" with Leslie Sansone CD.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2013

hi ladies and HEY PATOO - it feels so good to move, you know you want to!

Mary I took today off for a mental health day too.  Renewed my membership at the community activity center so I have someplace to walk when it's too cold outside.  Walked for an hour today and logged 5.61km = 3.49 mi.  Discovered the DVD section of our wonderful public library and checked out "Julie & Julia".  What a nice movie.  Made me really hungry though.  mmmm butter!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2013

Well i feel like crap, have had light cold all week but today my nasal passages are sealed shut, my eyes are watering, my hair hurts and i'm coughing like i've got a 3 pack a day cigarette habit ... i'm heading to bed!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Poor Cheryl, sounds terrible!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2013

Aaack!  Hope you feel better soon Cheryl.  

Well I'm still limited by the pain in my armpit but I'm trying to do as much as I can.  Hooped indoors the past couple nights, about 20 minutes.  It's a bit dull not being able to hoop on chest/shoulders or use my left arm much.  Added some new music to my ipod to shake things up a bit.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2013

((Cheryl)) - Get better soon!! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2013

((Cheryl)) sometimes bed is the best place to be.  Hope you get to feeling better soon my friend!

• misswim
    edited January 2013

Cocobean- I graduated from UVM and live in So. VT. Small world. 

90 mins of hot Baptiste yogs today. It was wonderful. Did full expression of bird of paradise today- the first time in ages. Felt amazing.

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2013

Glad my 10 year old has swim team practice today. Since I had to take her to the community center anyway I got on the treadmill & walked 1.5 miles. Not too shabby for 2 days after AC #3, Satisfied.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2013

Hi everyone.  Cheryl, hope you are feeling better.  Still just walking.  Most of the week only got up to 5000 steps but had lots of errands today so 3000 more to 10,000 which I will do before I turn in.  Lunch with DS tomorrow and will try and continue the healthy eating.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited January 2013

Got in a nice ski today, but a Board Meeting tomorrow, so just planning a nice walk afterwards. 

Great going, Nicole!  The more walking, the better.

I saw an eagle soaring in the air currents ahead of the incoming storm clouds and realized that this must be similar to how I feel on the downhills.  Felt enveloped by a snug blanket as the fog and snow rolled in.

Wonderful downhill with soft new snow. - Claire

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited January 2013

Nicole, nice work for sure 2 days post A/C #3! 

6 k walk yesterday and 5 k today. 

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2013

40 minute walk today.  

misswim I had to look up Bird of Paradise pose.  Wow, that looks difficult!  Congratulations.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2013

Managed to get a little retail therapy in (great sales on wintery clothes)! 30 minutes treadmill and 30 abs before going to watch our high school basketball teams get creamed. Youch!

• misswim
    edited January 2013

My boys are off to Mount Snow for a day of skiing tomorrow. I am planning on spinning then a hot yoga class. Then a nap!!!!