Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited January 2013

lol ruth..at least they are yummy not wasted carbs.

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2013

55 mins at the gym for some treadmill, elliptical, and bike yesterday and went 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 on the bike today..I'm 4 weeks PFC...still have muscle soreness..seem normal? I wonder why I can go on the elliptical for 30 minutes, but when it comes to going up and down the stairs at my own house I'm exhausted! Oh well...getting better everyday, moving forward.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited February 2013

The FIRM Cardio Dance Party and Hard Core Fushion.

Joy, yes, you go out in weather like that, but you come back in real fast!!!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2013

badger: Ugh. Root canal. Sorry about your pain.

Ruth: That is SO cold! The M & M's will keep your insides warm.

Hello everyone. My dear SIL's brain surgery went well. Thank-you for all your prayers! The doctor feels she got all of the tumor. Now she needs to rest and get her strength back so she can start WBR.

Did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone CD.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited February 2013

wonderland, that is good news! WBR?

5 k walk tonight though I was in my pj's all day until the walk. 

• liv-
    edited February 2013

body sculpt

light weights  top half.

ready for weekend

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2013

Insanity, day 2 workout, with modifications.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2013

Wonderland - great news!  Marianelizabeth - good for you!  Ruth - keep warm!

30 minute treadmill run last night, 30 minutes elliptical this morning.  I'm with you liv - ready for the weekend!

• Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns
    Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2013

Weekend? Whats a weekend?

These days it seems that every day is just another glorious day!

Except that tomorrow is my birthday! I know it sounds nuts, but just like at Christmas -- I can't even think of a single thing I want that I don't already have. Life is awfully good lately!

I walked about 2-3 miles yesterday with my Honey when he came home for lunch (which he seldom can do) and about the same the day before with a girlfriend and her dog.

Slowly whittling off the recent 6-pound-weight-gain of all the recent traveling and company.

Today I drive to Trinidad to get my hair done. (Whoo-hoo -- you-all have no idea what a big deal it can be to 'go to town' when you live 45 miles from the neared tiny burg!) And go to the grocery store for wonderful fresh veggies and lettuce! 

Man -- I can't wait for REAL fresh veggies from our own garden -- last year we had great success on about 50 sq ft -- and this year hope to double that. But it is so incredibly windy here that everything has to be grown inside plastic-covered boxes.

BTW -- all 3 of the guys 'got' thier elk this week -- and graciously shared with us, so we have about 50 pounds of organic elk meat aging away in the garage now. :) Yummy and extremely lean!

Linda

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited February 2013

well I was going to swim today. But I didn't sleep well last night. Spinning class was full. Any ideas fo what I can do to exercise with plantars faccitus (sp?) my feet are killing it fared up bad the past few weeks. Also I have bakers systes or fluid on my knees. I can still exersise them when my feet don't kill but I ahve to be careful or they swell up.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2013

Mmmmmmm.......elk.  I made elk ragu bolognese last summer and it was beyond delish.  I used morels and premium Italian broad fettucine too.

I feel like the biggest slug as have been too busy to exercise much.  I must get out and ski both days this weekend.  Looks like soft conditions which are less fun, but better exercise than powder.

I need to get to Pike Place for better veggies.  Have been eating a lot of frozen, but there are things like Jerusalem artichokes and different kales that would broaden the selection a bit.  I will get another 5 lb bag of carrots too.  Amazing roasted tossed in a bit of butter.  So very sweet....like candy.  They go in along with the potatoes.

Funny story......thought I was dragging back a ton of stuff from the supermarket last night, so weighed the bag.  14 pounds!!!

I shake my head when I read "ideas" for substitutions losing weight.  Fruit is not a substitute for chocolate.  Raw vegetables are not a substitute for chocolate.  Dry crackers are not a substitute for chocolate.  The only thing that is a substitute for chocolate is the best quality you can find.  Much more satisfying and you eat less of it.

Off to my exercise ball and real work for today!  Happy February......wonder if Old Phil will see his shadow tomorrow? - Claire

• liv-
    edited February 2013

oh carrol, i felt every word you wrote, ouch, your poor feet.

swimming would be ok.

xx

• Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns
    Linda-Ranching-in-the-mTns Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2013

Carrol -- and what about core-work on an exercise ball? Or (floor/bench) Pilates?

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2013

claire  Agree about substitutes - just get the real thing and enjoy it!  I love dark chocolate and indulge in a little bit every day.  Is tomorrow Groundhog Day?  

carrol  Uggh - sorry to hear about the PF, it takes soooo long to heal.  Can you try gentle exercise on a mat, without standing?   There are some good stretches for PF, I will look for them and can send them on to you if you like.   

Linda   Happy Birthday!!  

Got out yesterday for an icy trail hike with my dog.  Wore my spikiest hiking shoes, and still slipped and slid on the trail, it was so icy!  At one point on a hill I was hanging from a tree trunk, my legs out from underneath me!   LOL  Today, played it safer and did an hour of pilates mat.  Smile

Hugs and Happy Weekend, everybody!  

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited February 2013

Linda, Happy Birthday and many more to come!Smile  Have fun time tommorow and how nice to get the elk. I too am looking forward to planting my yearly veg garden.  Last year I took a break because of surgery and drought conditions so we can not use a hose and carrying a watering can was out.  My son planted sunflowers in my little raised bed and took care of the watering. That effort put a smile on my face as I gazed out the kitchen window watching them shoot up.

Claire, I have a chocolate ear warm saying, find some now, after reading your post.Wink

Carol, in pilates there is a lot of attention paid to the abdominal muscles, and there are quite a few pilates mat exercises, that you can do while lying on your back.  A quick online search of: pilates mat exercises lying on your back, offers up quite a bit.

Heidihill, you are inspiring and I've checked out Insanity online and w0w.

I got to the gym today and took a freestyle step class at the gym and did 75%, at least that is what a nurse friend in the class told me. Lots of breaks and water.   Afterwards, went and bought a Cabbage Patch doll for DH niece's daughter birthday.  Amazing that they still make those and I think that is why I settled on it - feeling retro.

Have a Super weekend everyone!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited February 2013

Joy you were already onto pilates with Carol while I was typing away!Wink This is how urban I am, when I read:spikiest hiking shoes, for a fleeting moment had an image in my wittle mind of high - heeled hiking boots!Surprised

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2013

Whereas I was thinking Yaktrax!

Just firmed up my meet up for a skiing/cycling buddy for the AM.  Getting out early as early out means great parking, and that I just MIGHT get up under Silver Peak.  So far, it has been too late in the day, or I am been too beat when I hit that part of the trail.

As for walking in the winter......I swear by my hiking boots when the going gets slick.  They work for summer hikes too.

Just tried on my downhill ski pants, and they are a bit roomy.  No surprise, as got them when larger than I am now, but roomy is just fine, and no one will notice in a world of snowboard attire.  So ready for next weekend! - Claire

• wonderland
    edited February 2013

marianelizabeth: WBR is Whole Brain Radiation.

Carrol: Sorry about your pf. That really hurts!

Linda: Enjoy your elk!

Claire: Have fun tomorrow!

Hello to everyone. It's cold today so I "walked" 2 miles with Leslie Sancone's CD.

Stay warm!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited February 2013

Thanks for all the input. I am going to have to motivate myself it's hard enough when I feel good now I need to kick it in gear

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

Happy Birthday, Linda!

Yep. Carrol, we will be sending out THE VOICES to bug you about exercising Wink.

Love the spikey hiking boots image.....sounds risque!

45 minutes on the treadmill & 15 of Pilate's Challenge.

Happy Weekend, All!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2013

hi ladies and Happy Birthday Linda!

Logged 7.01 km = 4.36 miles since here last.

Appt with endodontist Tuesday, wish me luck!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

Luck!

• wonderland
    edited February 2013

Best of Luck, badger!!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited February 2013

Hello everyone...

Badger, wishing you luck as I hate dental appointments.

Ruth, totally with you on the M&M's...

Natsfan, love Sheldon. It is my favorite sitcom.

logged 3.5 miles on the treadmill last night and did some core work. Wishing everyone a great weekend!!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2013

Good luck to you, badger.   Marianelizabeth, I lol'd at your PJ's comment.  I spend many days in my PJ's, then I often exercise in my underwear.  Real clothes are only for going outdoors :-)

Well you all have me craving M&M's now.  Good thing I have mini reese cups.  Yum!

45 minutes hoop dancing yesterday, 31 minutes today.

• liv-
    edited February 2013

beach huge walk..glorious

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited February 2013

Thanks Wonderland for the definition and hope all goes well!

Ann, I even walked one night this week with my son in pj pants~~lol too!

Only exercise I got today was cheering for Canada at the Davis Cup tennis we went to. Canada vs Spain and we won both our singles matches! I wonder if adrenalin from watching awesome tennis burns calories? Tomorrow we go to the doubles match so no exercise then either. But such fun!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2013

Heidi- We can Insanity together! Day, 2 complete. So tough.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited February 2013

Took a bath last night and soaked my tired muscles, felt so much better and slept well after that too. Woke up, did a bunch of errands, exercised this afternoon the high&tight and sculpt again. Watched movies and laughed tonight too, a really good day.

Stay warm ladies, enjoy your weekend.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2013

Linda, happy birthday! Hope you're feasting on the elk.

Wonderland, great news!    Good luck, Badger!   Joy, I thought the same thing as Ruth and LilacBlue - how risque!   Carrol, you can try elastic band exercises for the upper body. Hope the PF gets better soon. Claire, you are absolutely right about there being no substitute for good chocolate.

Misswim, I'm off to Zumba so I may not get around to doing Day 3 until tomorrow. Don't let me hold you back though. Laughing