Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2010

Great news Roseann!  Keep up the great work!

Happy Easter Everybody!  Hope everyone has a great day!   No excercising for me today (unless running around with a camera counts??)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2010

Happy Easter/Resurrection Day everyone!

Church service was awesome, as expected.  Then went to a restaurant with some friends, Indian buffet, and ate myself silly.  Have friends coming over now and we are going to the park to walk so it's all good.

Roseann, congratulations for taking charge and in a healthy way.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2010

I got my walk in, 30 minutes in the woods, toothwort and violets blooming... and a turtle was taking a walk along the path, too.  Cute.  The paths were muddy from all the rain yesterday but it was still a nice walk.

Indian food, YUM!  

Roseann, congrats!  I'm still battling fatigue but I'm going to keep working at increasing my walking time.  Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Well, walked it off.  My friends were a little slower than I'm used to but then one (the oldest at 74) decided she wanted to explore a trail.  Well that led us up and down a steep hill, and like Carol, through some muddy paths, even over a little stream where we had to navigate some stones to get across.  It was a workout and we had fun.  Actually walked about 3.5 miles so it was good.  You think it's not fast or difficult enough - until you stop!  I'm beat.  Bet the 74 yo is still energized and ready to go some more.

Are we having fun yet - you bet we are.

Night Sculpted friends.

• Milana
    Milana Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010

Hi girls,

I regularly have 15 min byke excercise before breakfast and 15 min after dinner.- and 30 min fast walk after lunch. But yesterday and today I just walked fast 45 min. I am going to watch Desperate housefives on my byke tonight for 20 min I hope. I have to lose witght and lower my blood sugar level,

Have a great week!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,541
    edited April 2010
    Awesome jobs everyone!!! Welcome to Milana! My company has come and gone. Happily, my sister-in-law has joined Weight Watchers, lost 14 pounds and WANTED to walk with me yesterday!! We had a great hour long 'walk and talk'. Today there was lots of church/eating/visiting activities, but I did manage to spend a little quality time toning with Richard once everyone left. Smile Let's make this upcoming week a super exercising one!!! Sculpt On!!! Ruth
  • retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited April 2010

Wow, you guys.  Reading your posts has motivated me.  I've been feeling like a slug, and my pants did not fit well for church this morning.  So--since it snowed here, I am down to the basement to my Total Gym machine for some exercising.  Will commit to doing some sort of exercise every day.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2010

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter sunday, everyone looked so summery at church today.  I did a body step class this morning and it was hard.  Worked really hard in my garden yesterday and built a brick planter so even though I work out each day I used muscles in my legs squatting and lifting bricks and of course now my knee hurts as well - can't be that I'm getting old - nooooooo.  We had ourselves another earthquake this afternoon, 200 miles from us but we sure felt it - 45 seconds is a long time when the earth is moving.  Have a great evening.

Cheryl

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    Cheryl, you are shaking things up in California!!! Welcome to retmom, if you exercise every day you will feel so good, look so good and be very proud of yourself (and not at all modest about it Smile!). Night All! Ruth
  • hbcheryl
    edited April 2010
    Yes Ruth we had a good shake and roll and no it wasn't me jumping up and downCool, all the water sloshed out of the pool and our ginger tom cat acted like he was about to have kittens, poor thing is afraid of his own shadow, he is now curled up on the bed with his arch enemy cat that's how scared he is.
  • ruthbru
    edited April 2010

Yikes, I just saw some footage on the news about your quakes! Glad you & the kitties are safe. My cats will be very depressed because their arch-enemy neighbor cat, Tigger, has apparently survived the winter (too much snow in the winter for her to prowl over in the winter), and was lurking outside on the driveway tonight, no doubt planning more evil deeds!!!!!!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2010

Well I really ate to much...did go for a walk with my family today...they were all a little slow so I did go ahead.  We had time to do a lot of visiting so when it comes to walking I wanted it to count.  I plan on really hitting it hard this week.  Our company is still sitting out by the bonfire but I just needed to come in and shower ...check in with you wonderful gals...thanks for all you do for me!

positively,

Balsie~

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Ruth our Samantha was cat #3 then #1 and #2 went over the rainbow bridge and she loved being #1 then we brought home Frank when he was 6 weeks old, he is now 4 years old and every time she passes by him she either hisses or growls or just plain gives him a whack - the thing is he is twice her size he's a very pretty ginger tom but brainless, every now and again he'll have a go back but mostly he just takes it.  Better keep the shoes by the bed tonight in case of any more rattles and rolls.  Night all.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    Big shimmery gold stars to all who squeezed in some exercise amongst all the eating activities!!!!! CoolCheryl, hope the rest of your night was 'shake free'. I don't think most cats enjoy the idea of sharing the throne with newcomers! We've had all sorts of 'fun' with the cats we've adopted & the cat's who've adopted us. Right now we have 2 older cats (cellmates from the Humane Society) & a younger cat who showed up on the doorstep as a kitten. Henry has never liked the kitten & if he's in a good mood will hiss at her if she comes to close. If he's in a bad mood, he'll give her a swat. She outweighs him by several pounds now, but he's still the boss! Have a great day all! Ruth
  • patoo
    edited April 2010

Welcome retrievermom.  Cheryl, glad you and cats are safe. I just got home and was going to stay in because allergies have kicked in again but you all have motivated me so I'm going to change and go out for a walk.

? - are the cats declawed?  If not, they don't swipe and draw blood?  I have an orange tabby, still has his claws.  Think about getting another but afraid they would scratch one another to death. 

Back later.

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Okay, did 2 miles.  Weather is perfect.  Feels good.  Thanks all.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

Good job, patoo! We had today off (didn't use any storm days this winter), so I got lots of errands done this morning, took a lovely hour walk this afternoon & did a 30 minute FIRM sculpt DVD. I also dusted off my RS Food Mover, stuck in a 1400 calorie card & am going to really try to use it & eat right for awhile......because I have been so bad with the food (thank goodness I have been exercising!!!) Great night, all! Ruth

• balsie
    edited April 2010

Did take a nice walk today...so nice to get out and burn off some easter calories! 

have a great rest of the night!

Balsie

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Hi girls, did one hour Body Combat class tonight.  Patoo they are not declawed I wouldn't do that to them, and they are indoor/outdoor cats even though there is swatting and hissing they have never drawn blood on each other but Frank has gotten me a couple of times as he was playing, sounds like you had a lovely Easter with your friends.  We have tuned chilly here it is crazy, today 64 and they say wednesday 84 is it any wonder people get sick.  Balsie I am usually the worst with the Easter candy but I did well this year only had 3 little mini Butterfinger chocolates and got them from the Body Step instructor after class yesterday.  Oh Ruth we'd be the roly poly twins if we hadn't been exercising my friends came over on friday night to play Guesstures and we ate pizza, what can I say - I should be ashamed of myselfSealed

Cheryl

• retrievermom
    edited April 2010

Got back on the Total Gym after work today.  Just able to do the beginner routine now. The elevator is out at work; can I count the number of times I've had to go up and down?  Not out walking yet.  Snowing.

ruthbru:  We got the puppy in ND over New Year's weekend.  Drove from Salt Lake to Bismarck, then to Tolney; then headed back the next day. Montana seemed absolutely balmy after ND. You guys are tough!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

We ARE tough, but it has been really nice out this week anyway. Man, you had a long drive to get your puppy. How did you land up being directed to him/her? Is it a boy or girl? Name? The picture is so cute!!! I think any moving, especially going up and down stairs definitely counts!

• retrievermom
    edited April 2010
    ruth:  We do dog competitions, and got her from a field trialer.  Caledonia (Callie) Rae is her call name.  Wish I had half her energy :)  It was minus 20 when we were out there.  Unbelievable.  My DH grew up in Minn, so he was prepared with plug-in for the truck, etc.
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2010

OK - I'm back after a perfect orgy of baseball this weekend!  We went to the exhibition game Saturday and Opening Day at Nats Park yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and a lot of fun with the President throwing out the first pitch.  Then the game started and we were thoroughly thrashed by the Phillies! Cry  Oh well, our next game is on Wednesday, so hopefully the Nats will redeem themselves. 

We were reasonably good and walked all around the ballpark twice, and even took the stairs from the lower deck to the upper at a run.  But I also indulged in an Opening Day slice of pizza and a couple of beers so there went the good of all the walking around.  Sunday we took down a huge 12 foot high juniper that was battered by all the snow.  It was a lot of work, but thank heavens for the chain saw.  Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. 

And what is it with orange tabby cats?  I have one who really knows how to push the Chihuahua's buttons, and she lets him.  He's like an annoying little brother, doing stuff like deliberately walking by her food bowl when she's eating, just to get a rise out of her.  Or he'll sit 3 feet away from her and just stare at her, until she gets all bent out of shape and barks at him.  She falls for it every time.  After he gets his reaction, he just walks smugly away. 

Elliptical at home is still broken, so I took a 35 minute power walk around the neighborhood this morning. I live in a very hilly neighborhood, so I could really work up a head of steam going up those hills.

Have a great day, everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

Nats, I thought of you when I watched the first pitch on the news. How cool!! Where were you sitting? I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes of abs. If I don't eat one more bite of food today, I will be in my calorie ballpark. Wish me luck! Night All! Ruth

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Okay, only a 75 minute cardio workout in the pool tonight.  But the suit I wore to work today fit me better - wasn't straining at the seams - so must have lost some parts of an inch.

Night all my Sculpted friends.

• balsie
    edited April 2010

Hey hey ladies~

I did a cardio sculpt dvd and walked 3 miles.  I walk around the golf course and i always run into someone to walk with.  It was a fabulous walk .... great workout! 

now I just have to keep it up!

Balsie~

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Hi girls, two classes for me tonight first did Body Step and then Body Jam and now I am exhausted.  Nats sounds like you're in heaven now that BB season has started, funny we both have ginger toms.  Patoo I know what you mean about the clothes I put on a pair of last years capris and they were a bit baggy yeah for us.  Balsie you are doing great, couple of weeks and it will be a habit.  Ruth stay away from the fridge or have a delicious glass of water.  Take care all.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2010

Ruth - our seats are in the 3rd deck right above 3rd base.  Patoo - cool about the bathing suit fitting better. Balsie - sounds like a beautiful walk around the golf course. Cheryl - Melissa didn't last long on Biggest Loser, did she?  I loved during the challenge when very pointedly, no one helped her out. Hope you didn't have anything break during the shake, rattle, and roll in California the other night.

I did 30 minute of step work plus 15 using the weight machines, then this morning I took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  I took a few moments to play with a beagle puppy a neighbor was walking - puppy breath is the best!  Laughing

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2010

I am going in to the gym today haven't been in for two weeks because of bone pain and then a holiday.Will start back but will take it easy.Last week I had bone and cat scans but still waiting for the results.Couldn't resist posting this.

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Oh Nats I was watching last night and almost signed back in to sing "ding dong the witch is dead" and then I thought better of myself thinking I was a horrible person for thinking such a terrible thought BUT "ding dong the witch is dead" I'm sure in real life she is nice but I guess I'm just not a "game player" my friends and I play a lot of board games and my neighbor always comes and gets me to play cards, I don't mind being on the losing team, I don't mind coming in last my attitude is that I've had an enjoyable evening and had a few good laughs (Guesstures is my new favourite game) and I've been with friends.  Welcome back mum - love the picture.

Cheryl