Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• cary1
    cary1 Member Posts: 106
    edited April 2010

Got up too late to walk to work. I have a bad habit of 1 am bedtimes. But I managed to do the 2 plus mile walk home instead. Saw the sunset over the Potomac and was happy to have done a walk three days in a row. But I need more than 3 under my belt to make it a habit.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2010

Good evening ladies, just did a Body Combat class and my arms are on fire, must have really done some good punching tonight.  Patoo I don't know if you have ever used Chloraseptic Allergen Blocker it comes in a small tube and you can get it at WalMart and you put in around the outside of your nose so the allergens can't get in and it works really well.  Retrievermom when you do "poo patrol" do squats as you go down and that really counts then!  Hello Elizabeth I'm glad you're liking the gym keep it up it will become a habit - has anyone heard from Bobcat?  Cary sounds like you have a nice place to walk, have you ever used Books on Tape I read a whole lot that way at work and when I do walk it kind of makes the walk seem faster. Take care all.

Cheryl

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2010

Good Evening Ladies! Patoo, hope your allergies settle down, there was something on the news about allergies being especially bad this year, and I guess you can attest to it being true. Mary Louise, too bad you couldn't get the mammo done, but I guess if it gives you extra 'stress points'.....glad the crabby toning voices are making it to you! When you do doggie clean up, I believe it counts as "Poop, Scoop and Sculpt"!!! Cary, good job; get those 3 more walks in for a habit. Cheryl, I am also wondering about BOBBI and KRIS, so ladies, PLEASE REPORT IN!!! Welcome Elizabeth, I agree with Mum, "Fun it is!" I did my 500 Calorie FIRM DVD & walked over & hung out with my dad for awhile & walked home again. Now if I can only keep myself from eating some of that cheesecake in the freezer.......

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2010

My washer decided to drain to the floor and not spin!!  So I have been wringing and mopping - my hands (and everywhere else) hurt!  Did not actually get to do the toning, but I have not been lazy that is for sure!!!  Good night ladies.... Till tomorrow!!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

"Mop and Mold"...... counts as sculpting!!!

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2010

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Toast to you all! I have two small dogs and a cat. Thank God I have someone that does all that for me....and a automatic kitty litter box is wonderful. Makes it so easy.  My husband is the picker upper. He is so lucky, but I am so blessed. Have a blessed evening.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2010

Mary Louise all housework counts as exercise and mopping counts as double.Kiss 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

Elizabeth, we have lots of people who are owned by pets here; I have 3 very naughty cats, and will have to look into the automatic litter box ???? where did you get it? Moping is double, and wringing is triple points! Night all! Ruth

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2010

ok checking in .... did a 4 mile walk and cardio core!  love it. 

Warmly~

Balsie

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

Hi Balsie, just watching the Twins highlights; might have to take in a game this summer! Now I really have to go to bed!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2010

Washer continued to drain overnight.... more mopping and wringing - I'm exhausted and it is only 7:15 am!!  AND maybe now I will have to beat my laundry on a rock!  Surprised  I am now on the lookout for a washer repairman! 

I'll try and get some toning done today.... I promise (cause I don't think that my butt willl let me get back on a bike right away).  You definitely have to ease into it!!  Heading out for my morning walk right now - talk to you all soon my sculpted friends!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2010

More mopping and wringing - you are getting a workout!  What a mess. 

I did my 30 minute neighborhood walk yesterday and today before work, then did 30 minutes on the elliptical after work last night.  Today I have to go to Baltimore, about an hour away, for my 6 month check up with my surgical onc and my ps - thinking about getting another DIEP Stage2 surgery and I had some hypertropic scarring after my last surgery - we'll see what the ps says.  Then tonight I start my Gentle Yoga class - Femara has done a number on my joints and flexibility, and this class uses a lot of props to help you achieve poses, so I thought it'd be a good way to force myself to do more flexibility exercises.

Haven't seen a game on TV yet of the Twins new ballpark, but from what I hear it sounds lovely.  Could be a bit chilly being outside this time of year!  Although I remember one Opening Day in Baltimore a few years ago where there was a snow delay, so it's not just the far northern climes that can get chilly in April.

Ruth - I like your creative names for our daily "workout" programs, although since I have a Chihuahua I don't get much of a "Poop, Scoop, and Sculpt" workout.   Wink

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    A Chihuahua would be the 'lite" workout Smile!
  • bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2010

Hello all old friends and newcomers.  Ruth - your pic is fabuloso!!!  I bet Richard loves that!  I am sorry I have been away but will continue to be so. New job, more work, need money :o)  But I am still working out in my sleep!  And I try to stand and hold in the core while working plus watching the calories.  Nats - how about that opening game?   Patoo - spring is here!!  Cheryl - how are you? how is Eduardo?   I miss you all so much but will try to check in more often - this is my home board.  Good night all - Kent is serving dinner!! Bless him.

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited April 2010

Brisk walk, farther than I went the other day, then some heeling with pup.  Still fatigued, but I was glad I got out.  Even when it's just a tiny bit, it feels good to have moved some.

• cary1
    edited April 2010

Not so great today. Got up too late to walk to work, then it started raining and was still raining when I left to go home. I did skip the elevator in the morning and climb six flights up to the office, which winded me.

But just that. I am not counting the walking to and from the subway and bus since that's normal.

• balsie
    edited April 2010

Ruth~ the Twins game was awesome....I didn't get to go but watched...had some relatives that went.  I had to work!!! 

walked again today  and cardio sculpt!!

night everyone!

Balsie

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2010

Thanks Cheryl, I will look tomorrow for the Chloraseptic.  I'm desperate for anything that may help.  My sister says 1000 mg of Vit C daily keeps her allergies in check so I just started taking that tonight.  I'm going to be so full of allergy meds they're probably going to cancel out eachother. 

No exercise today - sorry.  Going to bed but I'm watching all of you and I will catch up before long.

Night Sculptresses.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    Hi to Bobbi, glad to see you here Smile. Poor patoo, hope one of your drug combinations will work! Can you sleep feeling so crummy? Cary, your walking counts even if it's what you've normally done! Retrieve, how many chemos do you have to go? (So we can celebrate with you when you are done!). I did 30 minutes of abs, went to a Jazz Band concert & then just walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes, could have walked longer but was starving to death! Good Night to All! Ruth
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2010

Morning ladies I think I will do a step class today but I could be sorry later.

Patoo I take reactine(sinus) when I get bad.

Ruth you go girl! Not sure if rest of us can keep up with you.Wink

• NatsFan
    edited April 2010

Your voices are really good - I had my first yoga class last night.  The rec center is a mile away, so I thought I'd walk there and back.  But then yesterday was a cold and rainy day, and for a half a minute I thought about driving, but then your voices kicked in.  So I walked with an umbrella.  I guess I'm really not a wicked witch, as I did not melt.  

Did my standard 30 minute neighborhood walk this morning. Chilly but no rain. 

Poor Patoo - hang in there.  My dh is normally a very dedicated exerciser, but he's been totally flattened by his allergies this year - he basically has enough energy to drag himself back and forth to work, then is crumpled on the sofa the rest of the time.  Reminds me of me during my chemo days. Tongue out  

For my Biggest Loser buddy Cheryl - couldn't believe Sam lost no weight.  He still looks good though.  I can't wait for the makeover week so they can do something with Daris' and Michael's hair - they both could look so much more handsome.  I guess that's all part of shedding the old them and creating a new version of themselves, inside and out.  

• cary1
    edited April 2010

Better start today. I walked into work my 2 plus miles and I have to say it was a perfect morning for walking. Sunny and cool, about 50 degrees. The fog that had been in the area early was almost gone, but there was a edge to the air from the cold moisture. I am a fan of chill matched with sun. I was a fan of cold weather even before I became a hot-flash factory post chemopause and Tamoxifen. Now I'm really a fan.

On the river I saw two boatloads of rowers, probably from Georgetown U, but I don't know. Now that's exercise! I also saw a 20-something guy roller skating sideways on the bridge! Show off :) Plus various assorted walkers, bikers, runners, but not crowded. Just a glorious glorious morning. Tomorrow will be warmer, alas.

I totally forgot to do the stair climbing thing in my office building when I got to work. I should have described it yesterday as 6 floors, not 6 flights. Each floor is two flights. One day I will count the steps, though given my general lack of equilibrium, that might make me dizzy.

I wish this board had the equivalent "Let's Post Our Daily Food Intake" thread.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    I'd be kicked out a 'Post the Food' Intake' thread most days!!!! Frown
  • NatsFan
    edited April 2010
    Me too!  Frown
  • angelsabove
    angelsabove Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2010

I worked in the garden with my In-Laws this morning. I planted CORN....yippee....now I am washing laundry and talking myself into pilates and teadmill

• cary1
    edited April 2010

Ruthbru and NatsFan, I plead the Fifth, it was just an idea! I know I could use the policing because I know I have so far to go, 40-50 lbs, that it's going to have to be diet and exercise, not just exercise alone. And I can't claim this is chemo or other treatment weight. I was fat before, fat during, and fat after. It is just now I look at the fat like a biological weapon against me instead of something that just annoys me.

• balsie
    edited April 2010

~walked but no cardio tonight~ going to bed early...just plain pooped

: ) Balsie

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    Cary, you should check out the 'E-LAB Project' thread for the diet end of things; it's short for 'Eat like a Bird', it looks kind of fun ( I have never posted there because my diet is more like "E-LAV', eat like a VULTURE Surprised). Between meetings & some errands that I couldn't put off any longer, I didn't get home until 7:30, but it was gorgeous out so threw on the exercise gear & ended up walking for an hour (ran into a friend). Has anyone tried any of the exercise DVDs from 'Dancing With the Stars"? I saw a couple different ones when I was shopping. Good Night All! Ruth
  • retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited April 2010

Lots of neulasta bone pain this morning, but felt loosened up this evening and went out to work one of the dogs.  Mild walking for about 15 minutes. 

Last week's was my last chemo round.  So glad.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010

So you are done!!!!!! That is the most excellent news, congratulations!