Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited February 2013

Another 2 miles on the treadmill, plus some core work and lite yoga.  My leg muscles cramped quite a bit with the yoga - especially my thighs.  I'm wondering if that's a Taxol SE or just the result of having been pretty inactive for the last 6 weeks of AC treatment.  My leg pain seems a bit better today than yesterday and I'm hoping that exercise will help keep it reasonable -- it's no fun!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2013

Adding myself as a lazy ass - back from a week in Florida where I did nothing but eat and shop.   Voices needed here too!  Embarassed

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited February 2013

Thanks Ann, Ccocbean and HBeachCheryl.   Joy good to see you back, Nicole you are doing great and Mary, I'm tracking your running and feeling inspired!

Got to the gym for body step and pilates today.

• Waitingforthenextstep
    Waitingforthenextstep Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2013

Ok guys, did one mile on my treadmill today at 3.0 mph.  Wont be breaking records!  Then went for a walk in the park.  I'm feeling better.  I don't have leg pain, but when I climb stairs  my legs get very heavy feeling.  Anyone getting this? 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited February 2013

Just walk on the flat ground for now & save the stairs for later.

I combined various exercises for 45 minutes of cardio & 45 of toning. It was sunny & calm when I got home from work, so I tried to walk outside....after 20 minutes of slush (where the sun had shined) and ice (where it hadn't), I decided I better head to the indoor exercise plan before I broke my neck.....sigh.....

We are having 'Fun Week' at school. Today was 'Pajama Day', so I had the enjoyment of wearing a robe to work and not even trying to fix my hair. Cool 

Here's the promised basketball report (feel free to skip): my town hosted a college Division II regional basketball tournament this weekend. The top two teams coming out of it have automatic spots for the National Tournaments (Men and Women) in March. It was a pretty big deal, with teams coming in from as far away as Illinois and New Mexico. We had followed our local college teams all year, so were excited to watch them play. Well....the Women (who have a very good record, and play a deliberate, 'wear down the opposition' strategy) ended up winning the whole tournament!!! And the Men, (who are a really young team with a so-so record but play a 'run like crazy', passionate game, played out of their minds good, upset some really high ranked teams (including one with an NBA prospect who had been Division I but couldn't make it academically), and ended up taking second place!! So, both teams will go to Nationals.

• nicole503
    edited February 2013

Waitingforthenextstep ~ Congratulations on your mile today!  You and I are going the same speed!!  It's good to be back on the treadmill, isn't it?  I'm raising the bar to 3.5 on my next trip.  Wishing you ease for your next walk!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2013

Did a great spin class tonight, it was so hard but soooo good but then I undid all the good cause I had ice cream after dinner, ah well and yesterday I did Body Step class in the morning and then had a lovely walk down at the wetlands in the afternoon, the weather was glorious and perfect for walking.

Ruth ESPN will be calling soonWink and congratulations to both teams.  Mary great job, you ran half your half marathon what an accomplishment, woohooooooo!!!!!!  Claire I hope your tummy is feeling better.  Waiting & Nicole if you look around at the gym, not at the runners but at the people just walking, you'll discover that most people have the treadmill set at 3.0 so you girls are both doing amazing, keep up the good work.

Patoo, Misswim, Joy I AM SENDING VERY VERY LOUD VOICES, can you hear me nowSealed

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2013

Adding to THE VOICES calling out to misswim, joy & patoo!

LB, congrats on a successful radio spot.  Good on you for inspiring others!

Mary, congrats on 7-mile run!  We'll have to get you a pair of 7-league boots.

Waiting, my leg pain was more like shin splints.  But I didn't do stairs, either.

Nicole, from time to time, I still get leg cramps when doing yoga. All I can do is get out of whatever pose I'm in, stretch it out, and breathe into the affected area.  Sounds like new age weirdness, but visualizing the breath bringing golden light there seems to help.

Ruth, I bet you still looked mahvellous dahling in your jammies and bed head.

Got in a nice long walk Sunday afternoon, and had a nice short walk at noon yesterday.

When I count my blessings, this group is among them.  Keep moving ladies!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited February 2013

Beautiful run around the pond this morning. 5:00 AM, 8 miles, no better way to start the day and solve all the problems of the world. Gorgeous moon when we started, the sun just starting to come up as we finished.  30 degrees, perfect running weather.

Hot yoga this afternoon to soothe and stretch the tired muscles.

Keep moving, everyone! It's all good.

Lulu

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2013

Ruth - the bb tourney sounds fabulous - congrats to both the women and the men.  Love the idea of PJ day! Waiting - until I read your post I'd forgotten that I had that heavy leg feeling for a while when I re-started exercising after chemo.  It did go away eventually.  Lulu - your run sounds wonderful!

30 minutes weights today.  The training schedule starts getting more intense this week - my Tuesday treadmill runs go from 35 minutes to 45 minutes tonight - yikes.  Good thing I still have a lot of "Eragon" audiobook to go!  Can't wait for it to be a bit lighter for a bit longer so I can start running outside after work. 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2013

Went for a 30 minute trail hike and did a pilates reformer class.  Feeling a bit creaky, but I'm back!   Thank you Voices, I'm listening!  C'mon, misswim and patoo - we can do this!!

Looks like spring is on its way - we even had a glimmer of sunshine today!  No more snow on the ground, but the trail was super mushy.  

Congrats ruth on the BB teams!  LilacBlue  Hope that you have lots of sign-ups for your pilates class.  

• Waitingforthenextstep
    Waitingforthenextstep Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2013

Hey all,

Did a mile and a half today, stayed at 3.0 or higher.  Still feeling tired & fatigued. (one week out from last chemo).  I would like to take a class too, but know I don't have the strength just yet.  I'm determined to keep at it though...

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2013

Yoga class this morning, tuesdays are the tougher class...made some modifications, but it was great...looking forward to thursdays more relaxing class. 

Waiting-way to go, keep going, it gets easier! 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

Had a long meeting and went straight to high school basketball where 'Girls Rule, Boys Drool' was the theme of the night. If our godson weren't playing on the boys team, I would have been home 1 1/2 hours earlier. One more game and the torture will be over. Did 30 minutes of Pilates when I finally got home and called it good. Hawaiian/Western Day, so spent the day in a Mumu (is that how you spell it?).

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2013

Ruth I hope you had long johns on underneath that mumuTongue Out 

Body Combat class tonight replaced Step as the Step instructor was sick, it was a great heartpounding class and then afterwards well.......  my friend who is here from the UK forgot one of his medications so we had to go to the walk in clinic, then to the pharmacy, then to Target and then out to eat - any good I did in class was wiped out by the delicious avocado bacon cheeseburger I hadEmbarassed yes this is me hanging my head in shame!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

You exercised first, so at least should come out even (that is my theory anyway).

Yes, I had tights and a long sleeve shirt under the mumu, so it was definitely a Hawaii/North Dakota hybrid. Today is Decade Day. I am wearing DH's 1974 Letterman's Jacket, and my class ring on a chain around my neck, so I guess I am going steady with myself. Smile

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2013

Ruth - your costume days sound like so much fun!  Cheryl - mmm - bacon avocado cheeseburger - does it get any better??  Coco - good for you for getting out there!  Waiting - just keep plugging away.

45 minute treadmill run last night and 30 minutes aerobic DVD - lots of squats and lunges, so I'm going to feel those later I'm sure!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited February 2013

Yesterday was spa day for me - my first ever time!  Gotta say, it was heavenly, what took me so long??  We started out the day with a water aerobics class, and I must say that was a blast - our Y doesn't have a pool, so I'm going to investigate one that does and see if I can find a class to fit in after work.  The rest of the day was pure decadance with body polish, lunch, massage, and wine tasting. 

Raining like the dickens here, but no snow thankfully - however, it does mean I can't walk at lunch.  Torn between getting a much needed haircut after work or going to the gym.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2013

Cheryl....you've got it backwards.  Part of the reason to exercise is to indulge in things such as avocado bacon cheeseburgers sometimes.  Plus, who wants to wash it down with diet soda?  So the point is to eat ultra delish, and savor every bite.

Still moping, but keeping up.  I think I will be ready to move on today beyond tea, toast, and chicken soup.  Sneezing and blowing my nose now, but tummy is finally OK.  I got everything out work-wise, and am ready for tomorrow's webinar.  I have been doing my weights/crunches plus my walk.  Will do a longer one today as have $20 in coupons to redeem for free food.  So off to World Market to replenish my supply of tea (high octane British tea).

I may be getting my bicycle out for this weekend.  Or finding a less challenging place to ski.

Anyway, need to focus on my trip to Maui which is two weeks away.....now there is a thought that should bring a smile to my face. - Claire

• nicole503
    edited February 2013

Walked up the stairs to my 5th floor office cube! Soooooo psyched to have energy levels returning to "normal". They may go back down again as I get further into the Taxol series, but I'm enjoying having a little zip in my step while I have it! :)

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited February 2013

Thanks Badger..Nicole good to read you have a little zip!

Freestyle step at the gym today for me.

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2013

20 mins of cardio, 30 minutes of strength training :)

Way to go Nicole!

Maui-ooohhhh so jealous Claire! 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2013

Hi all, I've been trying to get some movement in everyday but it's clearly not enough.  Water aerobics at gym on Sunday, treadmill at home Monday.  Went back to gym after work last night and left after 20 mins because the place was swamped with new year's resolution remnants who haven't quit just yet and 20 sumtings getting ready for bikini season.  Frustrated me no end so after 20 mins on the bike and found it almost impossible to get on machines so just came home.  Marched and got in my 5000+ steps.  Tonight just did walking at home.  I'm at 6500 steps so may try and get in another 3500 before bed.  Will be happy when it's lighter in the evenings so I can just do my neighborhood walks after work.

Night my sculpted friends. 

(tried to upload new pic and it's not working, oh well!)

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2013

Ruth: what fun at your school! Going steady with yourself...lol.

Been walking/running or "walking" with Leslie's CD. Trying to stay good!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2013

Cheryl, avocado is health food so it's all good.

Ruth, you crack me up.

Nicole, yay for getting back some zip!

Pat, spa day sounds lovely.

Claire, Maui wowie!  Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Logged 10.35 km = 6.43 miles yesterday & today.  According to my pedometer that's 12,950 steps over two days (average 6,475 a day) so patoo you're keeping up with me - great!  Can you hear me now?  Let's try for 7,500 steps tomorrow.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited February 2013

Hello all.

Went for a nice mile and a half walk today at lunch. Counting down until the new fitness center in my office building opens April 1.

Must say that you ladies are inspiring. I am only working out about 3 days per week now but hope to work up to 6 once the gym opens...

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

This is being a busy week. Tomorrow is 'Glitter Day', so after work I bought myself a diamond tiara, diamond necklace & long dangly diamond earrings ($10.99 at Walmart), did a quick 15 minutes on the treadmill, went to my Book Club, came home and did another slowish half hour (no easy task, as I had consumed 2 glasses of wine, several cups of coffee & a lovely dessert of a double chocolate brownie with ice cream, drizzled in carmel, chocolate and nuts.....).

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2013

After reading everything, I have decided.....February is for decadence.  Better not to fight the urge, but keep moving. Sounds divine Ruth.

I had REAL FOOD tonight, plus wine.  Much happier.

Moved back into my 10lb weights for lifting but still can't do triceps extensions.  Not until my wrists heal a bit more.

Brain tumor patient support organization webinar in the AM.  I am not presenting, but will be there, and doing the slides.  Wish me luck.  Plus, need to debrand some market research reports for a potential report writing gig.  This, after getting slammed this AM by someone I am now happy to have been turned down by.  Some things turn out to be a lucky escape.  NOTHING would have suited this woman.

A major lesson in saying thank you.  Better to err on the side of overdoing these things.

Time to focus on Maui.....or at least when I am past the webinar.

And yes, I did a walk as well.  Off for Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2013

Ruth I have a beautiful sparkly Zandra Rhodes dress that I bought on Carnaby Street in the early 70s that would be perfect for you for tomorrow and I was 40lbs lighter back thenLaughing  Oh Odie a gym in your office building how fabulous.  Pat your spa day sounds wonderful, I am a HUGE spa person any time I have visitors I take them to Glen Ivy which is a local day spa, nothing beats floating in the floaty pool and covering yourself in mud, it's not really mud its red clay sounds gross but it is fantastic.  Claire good to hear your tummy is doing better and sometimes when you're in business for yourself you run up against some real pieces of work count your blessings sounds like you dodged a bullet with that one.

Tonight did Spin class and now I know I have a butt cause I can "feel" it ow ow owTongue Out

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2013

Claire forgot to say, my friend who comes from the UK brings me a years supply of real English tea, "the good stuff" so if you ever run low I have a supplyWink