Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2013

45 minutes of elliptical and bike at the gym, rainy and cloudy here too...can't wait for spring and sun. 

Marian- hope you can get a walk in today and hope the nausea goes away! 

• ck55
    ck55 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2013

Ruth, thank you so much for all the DVD suggestions. I am just starting out so maybe I will start with Richard Simmons. I used to do Jazzercise and loved it so maybe I will look into that as well.

Cyndi

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2013

9 mile run in the park today - it's the longest I've ever run.  I was pitifully slow, but I did it.  Tongue Out  It was 60 degrees and sunny - a perfect day.  Saw lots of dogs with their owners, a hawk, and two beautiful bluebirds!  Now we'll see if I can move tomorrow . . .

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited March 2013

Thanks Odie61! Marian, easy does it and hope today is good for you and Cocobean, you got on it today, good for you. Joy, hope you wrap up the big project soon and Ann, I read you hooping it up for 3 hours no less, wow.  Good for you Mary on 9 miles and Luvlulu, you are getting me geared to train for a 5k this June.  Badger, saw my first open daffodils yesterday.

I did gym ball and handweights for 45 minutes here at home this morning.  Snow is to come tonight.  Spring is happening somwhere, just not here - yet and our clocks don't change until March 31.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited March 2013

Busy day, but got in the hard FIRM 500 Calorie Workout....maybe that was enough exercise to burn off the mini-blizzard I ate at Dairy Queen this afternoon Undecided.....

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited March 2013

Mary, congrats on the 9 miles, that's a long run.  

Part 2 of the hoop dance workshop today-- another three hour session and a walk with the DH afterward.  I'm really wiped out.  I think it will be a 9:30 bedtime for me.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2013

((((Missy)))) how utterly terrifying the past weeks must have been for you, I’m glad you have a treatment plan in place and you’re slowly getting back on the exercise wagon, do what is best for you if you feel like it do it but if you feel crappy take care of yourself but let us know as we are all here for you.

Marian hope you are feeling better today. Wow Mary 9 milesSurprised, you are really doing it, you have every right to be proud of yourself. Ann when you find something you enjoy the time just flies. And Ruth we all know you can live up to WWRDWink

I did go to my gym on Friday night and did Body Pump and CX Works (a core class) it’s usually my off day but seeing as it was the "last night" I went along, gym will reopen on Monday morning as a YMCA, they are trying to keep all the classes but my two favourite spin instructors aren’t coming back, one is taking a break but the other has been poached by another gym, they are buying bikes just to get her, I will follow her as her new gym is right by my office, hmmmm I will have 3 gym membershipsCool. This morning I did a spin class at gym 2, it was good not great but I broke a sweat, I shan't tell you that I spent the afternoon around the kitchen table playing board games and eating, eating, eating - we had cupcakes and cheesecake and chips and dip and tacos OMG no wonder I have to exercise.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2013

Hi Ladies~ Gosh I haven't been on here forever! You are all so inspiring~ I am into my 9th day of "The 30 day shred " Good workout. I just googled it on youtube. There are 3 levels.  Days are going to get longer now and maybe the snow will melt and we can all get outside for a walk.  Enjoy your day.  Balsie

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited March 2013

So, I did a St. Patty's day 5K on Saturday - mostly walking for me with a little jogging thrown in just to look good! But I have not been running since the fall so I didn't want to overdo.  Great day with some old and new friends, and just now I realized that many of them have had breast cancer as most of them met while doing a 3 day walk for BC. I was pooped after the race (or was it the after race margaritas???), came home, took a shower, and watched a bad movie on TV.  So running is something I need to add back in to my fitness routine, C25K here I come.

Went dress shopping yesterday with a friend, and I found a dress!  It's a knee length navy lace dress with 3/4 sleeves, looks great on the body I have now so no need to "try" to lose weight.  Then for the heck of it went shoe shopping, and also found shoes!  Very light gold toned strappy sandals with a low wedge heel.  What a relief - still need to have my daughter OK it in person, she is coming up Easter weekend.  Still need to find the right undergarments, and a great pair of earrings, but that's about it!

Got home late from dress shopping, but did manage to hear Ruth encouraging me to do my arm exercises - even though a small part of me was saying my dress has sleeves so no one will see my flabby arms - then I reminded myself of the rest of the summer!

No walk at lunch today - got to go finalize carpet color selections.  But loving it being light later!

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2013

Taxol bone/joint aches are getting me down. Frown

Forced myself to the gym and glad I did.  After a 30 minute spin on the elliptical
    Endorphins: 1
    Bone and Joint Pain in my legs: 0
    Hoping for a bit of a reprieve before I need a rematch! 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited March 2013

Nicole, I got really bad inflammation with taxotere, which is in the same family. It was quite nasty and went on, on and off, for a while even after the last chemo. Tell your onc. After the first bout, they gave me an extra day of steroids with the next treatments and that helped some. Once chemo was all done, I did about ten days of anti-inflammatories to get it down.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2013

Hour trail hike/run, more of a hike because I took the dog with me and she's not so fast.  My dog lives to go on a walk, and it's hard to resist her sweet face begging to go with me.  I'll go faster another day.  

pat  Great to have found a lovely new outfit!  Mary  woohooo - 9 miles!!  marian  Hope that you're feeling better and can get out for that walk.  LilacBlue  Your weather is heading our way - after being teased for a few days of spring, snow is forecasted on Wednesday.   

• Waitingforthenextstep
    Waitingforthenextstep Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2013

Wow, I envy you girls who are able to run multiple miles.  On Sunday I went for two walks, one about a mile, two about a mile and a half.  I felt absolutely awful when I got home.  My legs, joints, muscles were in pain.  I took 2 ibuprofin and just waited for them to kick in. I realized this morning I can't live like this.  I did 2 miles on my treadmill and felt MUCH better.  No leg pain, feeling energized instead of fatigued. I guess in the end I can't rely on my MO to fix my problems. Have to rely on yourself.

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2013

Waitingforthenextstep ~ I have notable leg pain from Taxol and that is why I choose the Elliptical when I go to the gym.  I think the continuous motion/minimal impact is helpful.  If the treadmill works for you then you are on your way to pain free exercise!!!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Pat, the dress sounds great!

Just do what you can during chemo; it will give you a good base to jump back from once you're done.

FIRM Rock Solid Abs and the treadmill.

Blah, do not like the time change!!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited March 2013

woo hooooo! spin class today got in a good sweat! I love it!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Laughing

• balsie
    edited March 2013

I am not sure what happened to my post~ Did another day of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! also had another session of accupunture.  I wish I would have tried this a long time ago.  I would highly rec this.  Anyone else try accupunture?

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2013

Ridiculously hard 90 minutes of hot yoga. So freaking good.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2013

Spin class, brand new instructor liked him totally disliked his music.

Balsie before my diagnosis I was going for acupuncture because my body just "didn't feel right" I really like it, my BFF is coming from Australia next week and she practices Reiki I'm looking forward to getting some treatments from her.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2013

I am off to Maui in the AM.  Amazingly, I got everything done including laundry.

Need to sleep as an early AM departure.

Meanwhile, trudged with my bicycle to the shop (the wrong way to get exercise with your bicycle BTW) and then did a number of errands on foot.  On to the wine bar, and some fun conversation.  Highlight was being chatted up by a 40-something hunk.  Got some tips on some fun stuff to try in the BC area.  But I am not about to go into avalanche territory in quite the same way.

Will let everyone know over the weekend how this adventure went.  I had to go online to get my boarding pass, and snagged my (cheap, middle) seat.  At least, I don't need to get to the airport at an ungodly hour to get my flight.

Packed a Climalite shirt to protect my skin from the Hawaiian sun.  The least I can do.

Off on my adventure....hoping to snorkel and do some cycling at the least.  Plus stuff like drinks in the sunset.  Wish me luck. - Claire

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited March 2013

OMG, I kept up w/the kids this morning!!  I swear they're trying to kill me.  My long time running partner (6 yrs. younger than me) is super fast. She always sprints ahead but then comes back for me and does my pace.  We have a young, 38 year old with a PERFECT body who runs w/us on occasion.  Well, this morning I kept right up.  Did 8 miles at a 9 minute pace which is FLYING for me!  That ain't gonna happen too often.  I like slow and steady.  It gets the job done.

Claire, have a wonderful trip.  A slice of heaven.  Misswim, glad you're getting back into the swing.  I'll dedicate my yoga practice to you this afternoon!  I plan to leave work early for the 4 PM hot yoga.

Have a great day, all . . .

• balsie
    edited March 2013

~ hbcheryl I think it is interesting to hear all of the things the acupunturist knows about my body. She is working on my energy level, but the big thing is my feet feel 100% better, no more numbness( SE from chemo) I also had Reikii treatments while I was going through chemo and I think I should do that again.  It is exciting getting my energy levels and balance back. 

Claire enjoy your adventure, sounds fun!

Missswim, 90 minutes good for you!

Luvlulu,I admire you~ I have tried running ...and just can't go very fast, I like slow steady....actually I am more of a take a walk person.  Enjoy your hot yoga today!

Enjoy your day all ~ I need to go get ready for my daytime hobby (3rd graders)

~Balsei

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited March 2013

Claire, have fun in Maui! Joy we should both hitch a ride to Maui with Claire..keep warm and speaking of warm, good for you Misswim happy with hot yoga and Luvlulu! Cheryl, how is the new YMCA aka your old gym? Balise - hi and I prefer Bowen therapy, Nicole, keeping steady, Carol spinning away, Pat swishing by in her new navy lace dress, Waitingforthenextstep on the treadmill feeling MUCH better, Ruth smiling and Cocobean how are you..busy with your sweet baby?

The snow closed my gym class as instructors could not get in so home with handweights and gym ball.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited March 2013

ok 20 mins on the elliptical, 20 mins on incumbant bike, 10 mins on wave, 10 mins treadmill so 60 mins cardio kind of slow though, better than nothing. 
  • bedo
    bedo Member Posts: 1,429
    edited March 2013

Still only ginger ale 1-2 times a week.  Drinking lots of seltzer water instead

The last three days I have walked "my daughter's new dog" for 30 minutes each day.  I love it because if I don't she goes psycho! (The dog) So I have to.  DD camping with BF.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Good job, everyone!

Have fun, Claire. Jealous!!!!!

Walked on the treadmill for an hour. According to the weatherman, we are under a 'polar vortex' and not likely to warm up any time soon.....Cry.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2013

Pat, yay for finding a dress - that fits - AND shoes.

Cheryl, Reiki is amazing, wish I understood it better.

Mary, way to go!

Claire, bon voyage!

Missy, glad you're back in the saddle again.

Ruth, thanks for inspiring so many, you ROCK!

Since last post, logged 8,750 steps = 7 km = 4.35 miles walked.

Keep up the good work everyone!

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited March 2013

Am feeling OK but constipation set me back and after it was finally resolved, I have had a ridiculously tired and lazy day. The rains came back and that did not make me any more energized but I am hoping that tomorrow I will start to feel my old self a bit more. The pain is becoming toleralable too with not so much medication which will be goodfor everything.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Marian, eat a serving of prunes every day. Good for constipation issues, colon health, and good for your bones too.