Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited March 2013

5:30 and still at school (just finished a long, but productive meeting....too bad I have all the paperwork from it to look forward to Frown). Book Club at 7:00, so probably won't do anything....maybe 15 minutes of stretching or something if I can squeeze it in somewhere.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited March 2013

worked the retailn thing todayso no gym but I had my ww activelink on and I was only at 87% sooo I jsut went for a walk. It was cold but felt good.

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited March 2013

Bad me, I didn't exercise today. This means I cannot rest all week. I must do something tomorrow, Friday, Sat and Sun!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited March 2013

Cheryl: Get better and have fun with your friend!

Pretty outside so I walked/ran for 30 minutes.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2013

hi ladies and welcome Gai.  Namaste!  I'm also a fan of yoga for mind, body & spirit.

Haven't been here since Sun as Mon & Tues are DH's nights off.  Watched DWTS Mon p.m. and went to our fave Mex restaurant Tues.  Shrimp fajitas & margaritas yum!  Did walk at noon the past two days, inside the Capitol because it's so doggone cold here.  Logged 13,000 steps = 10.4 km = 6.46 miles since last post.

Athena, yes we were fellow gamers, so nice to see you here.  I've slowed down considerably but still play several games incl the 9-letter word game.  That's why I now have over 25,000 posts.

Cheryl, sorry about your young friend but glad you're meeting up with your old friend.

Ruth, happy to hear your friend is NED.

Go Adey Go!  Can you hear my Voice?

Mary, congrats on personal best, may you grow ever faster & stronger.

Take care ladies and happy Spring (??). 

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2013

30 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes on bike....first time in a long time I had engery to go to the gym in the evening Smile trying to adjust my schedule because I will be going back to work in a couple weeks. 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2013

Hi friends.  Voices have been working as I went to gym Sunday, Tuesday and tonight.  Good workouts on treadmill, stat bike and weights but boy my hip and a muscle in inner thigh are not happy. 

Thanks for the motivation.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited March 2013

Way to go Patoo...Keep up the great work!

Ruth, great news that your friend is NED...

Totally agree with everyone on "Where is Spring??" So ready for some sunny warm days.

Did 3.5 miles tonight on the treadmill and arm exercises.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Did not do any exercise, too busy eating, drinking and talking. The Book Club hostess served Hot Butter Rum (in'honor' of the fact that the temperature is still dropping below zero when the sun goes down). Did you know that the recipe for Hot Buttered Rum contains butter, cream, brown and powdered sugar? Neither did I, but that is why it tastes so good. She also served a creme de menthe cake, so I will REALLY have to exercise tomorrow!!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2013

I think that sub zero temps on the first day of spring are a great reason for hot buttered rum!  Reminds me of the time I took someone home to my parents.  Easter was in mid April, and sub zero PLUS snow.  But that wasn't the reason we parted shortly after.  I did learn the guy was a major wimp.  (Not just the weather, but helpful in pointing this out to me.)

Got back from a meeting, and did my usual walk prior to.....so something like three miles in the dog park.  Was thinking of my mother's dog who died last week.  She was such a lovely soul, and when my mother died, she went to my friend in Vermont.  I got to say good bye to her last week the day before she died.  Kathy held the phone to her ear, and I told her that I wanted her to get better.  So glad I had that moment with her.  She had a wonderful life, and was happy until almost the end.  (Think cancer....poor girl.)  Anyway, she ran all over the mountains in Vermont, and just loved life, not to mention food.  So lots to learn from our friends.

I am thinking I will get in one more weekend of skiing.  Right now, I have my x-country skis, my bicycle, and hiking boots in the car.  Fresh snow in the mountains, and lots of the rest of the year to cycle.  Has been so wonderful skiing this year.....think my favorite sport.

Need to haul my butt into the running store and get fitted for shoes.  I promised myself that I would learn this year, and almost through Q1.....need to do better, and will report my results.  Plus running tights....hear good deals on transparant yoga pants these days.  Hmmmmm. - Claire

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2013

Transparent yoga pants - sounds kinky!

Bought myself new shoes for dancing. I figured a minimalist shoe would be ideal. Tried them for Zumba and BodyJam and they were really good. Maybe I will use them for running too but I heard you have to transition slowly. I have to transition to running again anyway so we'll see which transition goes faster. Also had a great time skiing last weekend. Will see if I can get in more snow fun for Easter. My DD is so fast on her snowboard now, there is absolutely no way for me to catch up. I'm really happy to see her reach that milestone. I'm also happy to be able to do all those jumps in BodyJam!

Adey and Patoo, I'm adding my voice!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2013

Haaa  I saw the blimp on the transparant yoga pants.....I love lululemon.  Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.  Man she has energy ~ good for your core

I hear we are getting some sunshine today

Balsie

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited March 2013

HA! I think the reason we all love to work out is because we love to eat.  And I mean REAL food, GOOD food, NOT fat free sugar free, chemically altered garbage! (As the late, great Jack LaLanne used to say, "If man made it, don't eat it.")

And because we work out we can have the occasional hot buttered rum, creme de menthe cake, and whatever delicious recipe Claire is cooking up these days. (Claire, my mouth waters when I read your posts.)

7.2 mile run outside this morning. Temp in the 20's. Nice for running, but I'm ready for warmth.

xoxo

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited March 2013

Nice brisk walk in at lunch yesterday, but that's about it - dinner and movie with friends last night and got to bed way too late - plus poor eating and drinking choices, so really need to walk this lunchtime - snow predicted here this evening, and going to a wine tasting tonight - not a far drive, it's a fundraiser for our local library.  Definitely not springlike here.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited March 2013

Zumba toning!!!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited March 2013

I went to see my PT today. I take the metro and then walk to her house. The pedometer says it is about 3500 steps, then another 3500 steps back to the metro, a good walk with the dogs, a couple of errands and I am up to 12,000 steps so far. There is one more dog walk to do in the evening, so I think that will do for today.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2013

I'm exhausted from all your steps, Momine.  Carroll, Zumba toning, I'll have some of that too!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2013

Ann - you inspired me with your hooping.  There was a lunch time hoop fitness demo today, and after hearing your enthusiasm for hooping, I decided to check it out.  I didn't realize that these classes aren't just hooping, but incorporate a lot of upper and lower body fitness - it was a workout for 45 minutes!  But the best thing is that I've never been able to hula hoop in my entire life, but by the end of the class I was hooping with style!  Cool

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2013

I'm here for some inspiration to get moving - work is occupying most of my awake moments - arrgghh.  Need to get moving.  And it doesn't help that our weather is completely crazy - it was rainy today and we are due for more snow early next week.  What??!!??  

Mary  Awesome that you tried hooping!  

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited March 2013

Hey Mary, congratulations!  Yes it can be quite a workout, and always fun.  I'm off to a class tonight.

• 1Athena1
    edited March 2013

Well, I managed to meet my daily requirement. Did chest, biceps and triceps and 100 abs. I have a pain in the small of my back which I have to locate and work out with stretches (I'm always injuring myself).

Momine, that's a LOT of steps! I do walk to my club and back, which is 20 minutes each way.

Hoops - very impressive - not at that cardio level yet. My approach this time is to start with strength, then build to cardio.

Luvlulu - brrrr. It was in the 30s here.

Ok, folks, tomorrow is another day....of exercise!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

45 minutes of Total Body Makeover with Denise Austin and some treadmill action. I am REALLY sick of the treadmill!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2013

It was SNOWING just outside Seattle today which translates to amazing SKIING this weekend.  So psyched.  Otherwise, the minimum, unless you count the energy I spent staying warm at the Girls Nite Out.  I was thinking ONLY IN SEATTLE would hordes show up to a wine tasting/glassybaby event held in the semi open air.

I was nice and toasty as wore my parka and boots.  Was nice catching up with some people I know, and even more fun meeting new people.  Winery is in an amazing location, and wine is very good but pricy.  Back to my old standby. - Claire

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited March 2013

Athena, yes, it all adds up. After I posted, I ended up walking a fair way to meet dh for dinner, then walked the dog again in the evening. Grand total for yesterday was 15,000 steps and I was actually a bit sore.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2013

50 minute treadmill run - I'm with you Ruth on being tired of the stupid dreadmill!  Ann - I did enjoy the hoops demo and probably will take the class when the next session starts.  It was a different workout and a lot of fun. 

20 minutes Pilates DVD this morning, plus spent about 20 minutes with the foam roller rolling out all those sore spots!  Tomorrow is a rest day, meaning it's Errands N Sculpt day!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited March 2013

Another nice brisk walk yesterday before it snowed.  Claire, I think you are right, I need to schedule another 5K to get me going.  Thought of you last night as we went to a wine tasting fundraiser for the library - was such fun and reconnected with people I haven't seen in years.  And ordered some yummy wines whose names I can't remember!

Have a great weekend everyone.  I'll be doing my taxes Frown

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2013

Claire_in_Seattle Should be an awesome weekend for skiing.  Mountains down here got dumped on over the past few days.  Hope it is the same for you up there.

Did 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 15 minutes yoga stretching.  I'm hoping to blunt the effects of the steroid crash I can feel coming after taxol #3 yesterday.

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday!

• 1Athena1
    edited March 2013

The treadmill can be very boring.

Day three of week three:

--lunges, leg extensions

--military barbell presses and other shoulder exercises

--100 ab crunches of the most brutal kind.

--stretching session

I am constantly getting exercise injuries, so I have learned to live with them. Did a few moves to address those.

This all sounds extremely tedious, but the cancer scare keeps me going. Also, I love my club and enjoy lifting. :-)

Have a good Friday, everyone. Remember not to spoil your hard work by eating poorly (says "Athena" - who wolfed down a pint of ice cream yesterday - pig!)

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2013

Noon walk yesterday & today, then did regular route when got home this afternoon.

Enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air.  Love it when the endorphins kick in!  Cool

4.07 km yest and 7.04 today, how symmetrical, and it sums to 11.11 km = 6.9 mi.

Have a good weekend my sisters.  Eat, drink, be merry & exercise!  Make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8_1HN20_A

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited March 2013

Hello all. Completed another 3.5 miles tonight, did some stretching and arm exercises. Hope to log another few miles tomorrow before I too enjoy errands & sculpt.

Have a great weekend everyone.