Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2013

Half hour trail run, it's a gorgeous day here today.  Intrigued by the Zombie app but haven't tried it yet.  I'm wondering how it will work with the hills that I hike - I think those Zombies might catch me then!  Surprised

LB  Thanks for sharing your physio's opinion - it is a different concept.  Great on the PRP presentation!  

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2013

OK Patoo - I made my appointment with the LE therapist!  Have you made your appointment yet?  Wink  I was lucky - they had an opening for a 90 minute appointment tomorrow at 7:30am so I can get a good session before Sunday. 

Lilac - great news on the PRP presentation to the Soroptimists - get that word out!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Lilacblue thank you for looking at my blog.  Forgive dumbness, but PRP?  

Mary and Momine, you remind me of being in marching band in high school, and how I would have to write Right and Left on the toes of my Keds.

Ran 4 miles this morning, the first 5k was just under 35 minutes. I'm thinking the GPS was off a bit Undecided

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2013

Momine, Mary, and SAB: I also have a hard time telling my left from my right. I'm left handed and think my left is my right. Are ya'll left handed also?

Walked/ran at the park this evening. Beautiful Carolina blue sky, no clouds, no humidity, 68 degrees. 

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 2013

Back to the routine today... Did day 2 week 2 of my Couch25K program. Saw Jillian last night at a local theater and really enjoyed hearing her speak. Much more personable and not as scary in person but I am still certain having her as a trainer would kill me....lol

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2013

Treadmill & FIRM Hard Core Fushion. Tomorrow night I will help chaperone the middle school activity night...I will BE the zombie ap after that!!!

It is actually supposed to break 50 degrees this weekend. The latest first 50 degree in recorded history!

Mary, I dragged out my Sculpted shirt for Sunday. Cool

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

Warm here in Seattle which was the root cause of a major wardrobe malfunction.  That, and the fact I have not invested in real running tights, which have now moved up significantly on my list to something like FIRST PLACE.

Anyway, wanted to go for a run and knew I would roast in my fleece tights.  I have tons of cycling bottoms, but all have padding and I was worried about sores in places I don't want sores.  So what to wear.  Well, some lounging bottoms which looked OK....at least they did in my apartment.

Well, I was into doing my thing until a kind lady pointed out that not nearly as opaque as I thought including describing the undies I was wearing.  OOPS.  A true Lululemon moment (she liked that comment).

The upshot was that I did 5k with EVERYTHING in full view.  Or at least when my back was to the sun.

Better days ahead Innocent - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Oh my!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

50 here today, too, so walked at noon and also after work.  8.82 km = 5.48 mi.

Supposed to get nicer & nicer thru the weekend, maybe 70's on Sunday!  Cool 

SAB, I think PRP is pink ribbon pilates, LB's most excellent exercise group.

Claire, thank goodness you were wearing undies!  Embarassed

Ruth, is Crème Brûlée your next book club dessert or a recipe you want me to cook 4u?  Wink

Tip to tell your L from your R: put your hands up in front of you, with palms facing out, thumbs pointed at one another.  See how your L hand makes an L shape?  That's Left.  I resort to that at times when brain freeze strikes.

Have a good night my sculpted sisters!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

I think if I get myself some zombies, I will name them Crème and Brûlée....French zombies....

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Badger, thank you. Where were you at band camp?!

Claire, at least all the stuff that was showing was probably looking pretty darn good with all the exercise you've been doing! Maybe you can start a trend.

ruthbru-lol

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2013

Claire, if you've got it flaunt it - you go girl!!! Well I'm definitely not a runner but if I had zombies they would be named Chocolate and Cake. Oldie how fun to see Jillian, I know I would be one of those quivering crying wimps but I love her, I hope you got some inspiration from her talk. Heidi at least you know next time you go to the spa pack a swimsuit and tutu in your bag. Badger how is the drive on your own going?

Tonight did spin class with the new instructor another great hour on the bike in a class called 'thousand calorie thursday'

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited April 2013

35 minute walk and a couple hooping sessions.   Also a fair bit of clean-n-sculpt.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited April 2013

Wonderland, no, I am righthanded. Apparently the inability to tell left from right is associated with dyslexia. In fact, I have tons of quirks that are associated with dyslexia, except I don't have dyslexia. If anything I have the opposite. It is a little weird.

• LuvLulu07
    edited April 2013

badger Great tip on telling left and right!  Mary  I'm getting excited for you for your race - my SS shirt is out too!  

My zombies names, if I had them, would be chile chocolate and cafe latte.  

Did an hour of pilates mat, will get in a trail run this afternoon.  Another beautiful day here.  Laughing  Excited to try out a new fish restaurant tonight with DH - there are no real seafood restaurants in Budapest, being a land-locked city.  Fingers crossed that it's good!  

TGIF ~

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

Another hooping class last night - I'm still the most klutzy in the class.  The instructor gently offered to meet with me privately before the next class to help get me up to speed, and I plan to take her up on her offer.  It's a good class, but there's a wide range of abilities - several people in the class have taken hooping with her for several sessions, and there are only a couple of newbies. 

On using the hands to tell left from right - I kept trying to do that during the tap class!  I tried to disguise it like I was doing some kind of extemporaneous arm sweep movement, but since I was doing it on every move, I think I was busted. 

Great 90 minute session with LE therapist this morning - she said she could feel tons of fluid in my belly, back, and side and worked to move a lot of it out.  I felt a lot better after the session.

My zombies would be Chip and Margarita!

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2013

Heading out to my first step aerobics class since before chemo! It is not my favorite class, but it is super conveniently timed so I do it.  The women there will be in for a bit of a surprise when I take off my baseball cap.  Not many bald women in the class....at least none that I recall.

Wishing you all a wonderful launching into the weekened.  :)

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

Nicole - it's sort of fun watching the reactions when taking off the cap.   I was a baseball cap wearer as well.  At baseball games, I'd always have fun listening for the gasps and whispers of people behind me when I removed my cap for the national anthem.  Cool  Congrats on the first class since chemo - take it easy, do what you can, but stop and take a break if you need to.

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2013

HI I have read all your posts. I am so excited to read about your motivation. I am a soon-to-be 7 year survivor on May 26th. I need motivation. I have gained so much weight over the past few years, and I am not doing anything about it but I must. I feel horrible besides I look horrible. I thought I would come here, post on all these threads about weight loss and get the motivation I need. I quit smoking 4 years ago by joining the stopp smoking thread. So I am gonna use the power of my bc sisters to help me....I will be in touch each day starting Monday.. thanks...

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

Hi Candie.....

Welcome, and congrats on 7 years!  Congrats too on quitting smoking which is even more important health-wise than losing weight.

The first thing I would do is address the "looking horrible" piece.  Because this is about hope and a new and better life.  So my first step would be to find some attractive colors to wear even if you can't immediately do anything about the shape part.  And then, good hair color and at least a pretty lip gloss.  This will immediately perk things up.

THEN.....well, it's one step at a time.  Still time to fit in a WALK today.  Enough to get your heart rate up a bit.  If you can do at least 15 minutes, then do it.  This will immediate lift your spirits and get your skin glowing.

Others on this thread will have better advice, but I want you to feel hope and take the first steps.  We are here to cheer you on.

You may also want to invest in comfortable walking shoes, and based on yesterday's experience, I would recommend comfortable and OPAQUE bottoms! - Claire

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Hi Candie.  Congrats on seven years!  Think how great you'll feel at ten years when you trim things a bit.  I love the colors and lipgloss suggestion.  Also the walking advice.  I would just add to hydrate a lot, it will make your skin glow and make you feel a bit full.  Finally, I always suggest "Anticancer, A new way of life" by Servan Schreiber.  Some people might think I get commission, I suggest that book so much.  But I just love his dietary guidelines, and they were a great start for me (55 pounds ago.)  Good luck!

Squeezing in a quick treadmill today...whatever I can do in the next 45 minutes.  Have a great weekend everyone! 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Welcome Candie, great advice already. Adding mine, go out a buy a couple very cute outfits in whatever size you are in at the moment to go with the great haircut, lip gloss etc. (and/or go to a department store and get a makeover)....but don't buy too many things in that size, because once you start to move, so will the scale!Smile

• CassDugan
    CassDugan Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2013

Goals:  walk and/or run at least 1.5 miles daily; 30-45 minutes mix of upper body weights, proprioception, core, and stretching also daily.

The walking is a given, moving between classes during the week and getting my dog out on weekends.  During the week I have the added bonus of carrying a pack with school stuff - keeps me in shape for carrying a pack for hiking!  I've been less than dedicated to my weight routine but this diagnosis is the kick in the pants I needed to recommit to doing it every day.  I want to be in the best shape possible before starting treatment.

Candie - it definitely helps to talk with people about exercising.  A friend and I established an email chain to confirm whether we were meeting a few daily goals we each were having problems sticking with.  Doing that has very much helped me to do the weights every single day.  Sometimes, it's only the thought of reporting that I've skipped that makes me take the time out and actually do it!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Finally nice out! Took a quick walk & now off to 'Fun Night' at the middle school....

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 2013

Welcome Candie...you have been given some wonderful suggestions so I will only add one more. Just keep moving, putting one foot in front of the other.....

Did 20 minutes each on the bike and the Elliptical today as well as arm exercises. We are expecting wonderful weather here this weekend in the 70's so will take advantage of it.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

hi ladies and welcome Candie and Cass. 

Logged 7.06 km = 4.39 mi today, touring my future digs (Cheryl, I'm still carpooling at this point, haven't moved yet) and also walked after work.  A bit windy but sunny and I wanted the fresh air.  Felt great.  Going to be nicer tomorrow and better yet Sunday.

99 miles to goal of 3,500.  Will then set new goal of 4,000 (miles walked since dx).  Cool

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited April 2013

Welcome, Candie!  Congratulations on quitting smoking and joining this thread.  A daily commitment to exercise is a great thing.  

About an hour of hooping, plus parked extra far from my lunch date and blood draw to get in some walking.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Survived my last 'Fun Night' (otherwise known as 'torure'). Along with the usual din and general mayham; some kids brought balloons which they blew up and then let the air out slowly. SCREECH.......SCREECH.........and then eventually stamped on and POPPED.......and POPPED.....

Welcome Cass!

• LuvLulu07
    edited April 2013

welcome candie   Adding to the good advice - check in here often and let us know what you're doing!  When I'm having an off day and don't feel like exercise, I post something here and then feel accountable for doing it.   If you visit here often enough you will hear the Voices, and if you ask they will talk to you!   

ruth  Kudos to you for surviving Middle School Fun Night - I've had a few chaperone experiences with DD's 8th grade class and I'm always exhausted afterwards!  

Busy day - lots of errands and an early dinner party to attend.  I plan to get in a brief trail run and some pilates before heading out to dinner.  

Happy Weekend All ~

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

Picked up my race bib this morning for my half marathon tomorrow morning - looks like I'm really going to do this crazy thing!

If anyone wants to check on my progress, according to Nike, tomorrow you can go to:  http://werundclive.com/  If you plug in my bib number, you should be able to see a little dot representing me. I'm bib #5457.  Warning - I'm painfully slow - I put myself in the 12:00-13:59 minute miles pace corral, so don't expect speed.  I'll be listening for The Voices all the way!