Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Ann if you're in the car wash/wax mood, drive north mine needs to be done and I don't mind sharingWink  Marianelizabeth, I love Rhubarb but I've never cooked it!!  Encoremom yow I'll bet that hurtCry

This morning did Body Combat followed by Boot Camp and this afternoon will log a few miles at the swap meet.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited July 2013

I didn't do any exercise today, but still managed to walk 14,000 steps, so that must count for something. 

We met a really nice dog this evening, by the way, and I played with her, hard, for quite a while. A year ago I would not have been physically able. It felt good to be able and not even feel winded.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

hbcheryl, rhubarb with starwberries adds to the sweetness which is much needed.

Today with a friend we did two parts of our training for a short course triathlon July 28, exactly one day after my diagnosis from last year so 366 days later. We swam 400 meters and biked 11 k. Then I came home, ate lunch and did the 5 k (walking as I can't run) so now know it is possible. With only 3 weeks of training I know I will be slow and with serious transitions, not like today it will be tough but so what! I ordered a sleeveless t-shirt last night to wear for the tri that says FUCK CANCER and not even a little ribbon through the U! 

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Spent the day swimming in the pool and did some limited weed and sculpt.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

Marianelizabeth....congrats on your training bike/swim/walk.  What I think will help is extra energy potions such as GU gel.  I am saying this as someone who did the Seattle-to-Portland just six weeks after finishing radiation.  No, I wasn't at full energy, but the energy stuff really helped.  I found I needed to eat one of everything at Mile 30 each day.  Then I was fine.

I did a 35 mile training ride today, and got a flat towards the end.  Got help fixing it, and learned that the CO2 cartridges aren't as reliable as the small pumps.  So another one for my list. I can tell that my core is stronger from the running.  When I ask it for faster, it usually responds.  This is new for me.  Like "stepping on it".

We have mid-summer veggies, so fresh BEANS tonight, along with some squash I need to eat.  Lots of fresh fruit.  Nectarines and apricots, then noticed fresh figs on sale when I went in for wine.  I bought brats which are easy and delicious.  Made potatoes the other night.

One more ride tomorrow, and then I think three runs next week.  Then the ride.  I am getting excited.  There were tons of people out training today, and it was the most glorious day.  I saw a doe and her fawn with stripes.  They cross the road and then gamboled in the field.  I talked to some cows while I pulled a fly out from underneath my helmet.  I checked out fit guys in spandex.

So a wonderful day. - Claire

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2013

Love the shirt, Marian!

It was a town celebration day, so did lots of fun walking around activities (which, unfortunately for the diet, also involved eating!). Did an old FIRM sculpting tape when I got home.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited July 2013

Not very peppy today but put in my 30 minute quota of hooping.  

Colonoscopy prep tomorrow so clear liquids only. I've already felt deprived all week from not being able to eat whole grains, seeds, or corn.  Tomorrow's menu is mostly jello :-(

I harvested some grapes out of my yard and tried to make grape juice.  It works pretty well to squeeze them in my hands then strain the mess with a mesh strainer.  Tasted way grapier than the stuff they sell.  I'm glad I figured out something to do with the grapes-- I have a bumper crop this year.  I'll bet 50 to 100 bunches.  Fortunately they're not all ripening at once.  Won't have the juice tomorrow since even strained it's not exactly clear.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Ann, well done on the harvest and hope all goes well today.  MarianElizabeth, you are doing fantastic and I wish you all the best on the tri. I've been following your blog since being here on this thread and MBSR sounds great; I'll check it out.  Also, I too have had weekly physio for almost a year - what a difference that made, including nearly weekly sessions with a psychologist and her EMDR technique has worked well for me. 

Took yesterday as my rest day and this morning 5k run, that felt great. 

Hunkering down later to watch the men's finals at Wimbledon and I'm for Andy Murray. I like Andy's fiance who he looked towards (at the end of his match with Jerzy Janowicz) Kim who mouthed "Finish IT" that we all could read a mile away. The hottest ticket in town, with resale websites asking upwards of £70,000 for a pair of tickets on centre court today.

The ladies final yesterday was less interesting yet I was pleased to see two women get their day in the sun with quirky-singleminded Marion Bartol winning.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

LilacBlue, I am watching it right now and pretty interesting so far with Murray winning the first set but so bak and forth. Too bad Andy's mom can't enjoy it a bit more; I never see her smile. But I have to admit I am for Djokovic though if I were in the UK I might have to think  differently. I will have to halt my taped match soon as I going ot ride up to an 0830 yoga class not far away. Think I will take it easy today after yseterday.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2013

Went to a 2 hour Master Baptiste Class- heated- and I am feeling it in every muscle today. I also had a horrible headache afterward so I strayed from my 1/2 marathion training,and am skipping it today too- it's just much, much too hot out. I did a Leslie Sansone tape in front of the a/c.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Pilates Challenge and a nice walk in the trees.

• odie16
    edited July 2013

Aquatic exercises today with lots of vitamin D therapy....

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Worked out with my 3.3 lb weights, which seems to be going fine a week after transitioning up from my 1 lb bean bags. Also walked the dogs with my hubby.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

Congrats Annie!  Those weights will make a major difference.

I think I sprung my butt.  Now trained for the STP as soon as it relaxes.  115 miles for the three days of cycling, 42 of them today.  I am so glad I cycled out from my place today.  Yes, a bit difficult getting past the cruise ship crowd, but beats major traffic any day.

So home, showered, and have washed my evil-scented attire.

I stopped in at Ivar's fish bar for clams and chips on my way back.  Felt I deserved it.  YUM!!! - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

Walked Sat & Sun mornings, while it was still cool.  13.13 km = 8.16 mi for 2 days.

• _Ann_
    edited July 2013

Just an easy walk today before starting colonoscopy prep.   One liter of vile solution down, one to go (at 5 AM).

• lilacblue
    edited July 2013

(((Ann)))

Bodystep and pilates this morning at the gym

The happy Olympic feeling has fleetingly returned to the UK with Andy's win.  Cool

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

Lots of Chores N Sculpt this weekend.  Managed to squeeze in a 3 mile run early Sunday morning in the heat and humidity - walked an additional mile to try to cool off, which didn't work at all.  I did manage to evade 3 zombie mobs!  Staggered home, took off my shoes and jumped into the pool, running clothes and all.  I was too hot to even take the time to change into my bathing suit!  Laughing

Ann - colonoscopy prep - yuk!!!  Hang in there. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

It's been so hot that pool jogging is a very welcome exercise.  Went fishing and clamming Saturday with hubby, no keepers in the fish dept, but a bunch of clams, yummy.  Did some classical stretch this morning.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2013

So blessed to have an active family visiting.  Swam, fished, hiked, biked, yoga, golf, walked, kayaked over the weekend.  Spin this morning.  Spin definitely having an effect on my legs...made it up hills I would never previously considered when biking the trail.  Yay!  

Good luck with colonosopy...prep is the hardest part.

• odie16
    edited July 2013

Hit the gym today to do my circuit of Elliptical, bike and weights..

Good luck Ann on the colonoscopy...Hopefully this too shall pass....teehee...Seriously though, sending hugs and positive juju your way!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Too hot here so we went to Lowe's to walk in the air conditioning. Actually a good place to walk. Not as tempting as mall walking and 30 minutes closer to home.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Walked the daily mile with the DH and our canine kids. We are doing this in early AM or late PM due to the heat these days. Also had my final rad treatment today and feel like I got my life back - WoooHooo!!! Planning to get more active once my radiated skin has healed and my energy level picks back up.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Congratulations, Annie!

Did an hour of toning ....should go out and do a rain dance, as we need some moisture.

Thinking of you, Ann. I just had one in January, so I feel your pain!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Hope all went well Ann. A big Woohooooooooo Annie.

Tonight was new launch night at my gym, where they preview all the new programs so I did a half hour Body Pump class and then my regular Spin class.

• _Ann_
    edited July 2013

Thanks ladies, I survived the colonoscopy and had no abnormalities, so my colon is on a 10 year warranty now.  

It was great to eat real food with fiber and seeds this afternoon (pizza with whole grain crust!  rice-n-beans!  raspberries!).   Tomorrow I get oatmeal for breakfast.  Yum!

Did my hooping and yardwork.  Felt really energetic compared to the past week.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

congrats Annie on final rads tx and Ann on clean colonoscopy (10-year warranty LOL).

I cut up two fresh figs into my steel-cut oats Sunday morning, OMG was that ever good!

Started walking yesterday a.m. but scurried home when light drizzle turned to heavy rain.

Logged 4.45 km = 2.77 miles for Mon.  Up early this morning and headed out soon to walk.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2013

Nice, Annie, glad all went well.  I have one coming up in October. How fun Money Mouth

Ran 8 miles this morning. It was around 67 and foggy so my time was much better than the past few days.

Going to see Sir Paul McCartney tonight at Fenway Park w/my youngest (26 year old) son who appreciates real music (showing my age again).  If you don't hear back from me it means I FINALLY ran off with the band!  xoxo

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Got a sweaty walk in at lunch yesterday.  Then went to gym after work, but had to cut my run short due to knee pain.  Don't want to get bursitis again, so I'm taking it slow.  Did several upper body machines.  Did a little classical stretch this morning, and hoping for another sweaty walk at lunch!

• lilacblue
    edited July 2013

Lucky you Luvlulu!! 

Bodybalance at the gym this am and just in from a warm 5k run. 

Off to push a vacuum and tidy up as a friend from Hawaii who stays a month each summer in London is dropping by tomorrow and I'm driving us to Rye and other local points of interest.