Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Wonderland, I am so sorry for your loss and hope you can find comfort in your memories. Praying for you & your family.

Missed my usual work out today as it is hubby's birthday...Back on track tomorrow.....

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

You girls can have Paul, George was my Beatle, sigh :). Oldie birthday calories don't count so enjoy your DHs day. Claire have a wonderful ride, sounds like you'll have perfect weather. Annie day by day you are getting stronger.
    Ginger to make it worse, I was I laying flat on a table naked from the waist up with a facecloth as my only cover!!!

Tonight did Spin class, wearing flip flops to the gym is very distracting, I went to put on my spin shoes and I'd forgotten my socks.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Cheryl, I too thought it odd how you were told you have an all clear.  You may want to diplomatically let them know their protocol sucks.  We are still on the last release for bodystep and who knows when Kirsty will get around to learning it - to teach it.  There such a laissez faire attitude at my gym about new releases, not at all it like is your's. Undecided

Freestyle step and bodybalance/flow this morning and 5k run this afternoon.

Have a good start to the weekend everyone!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2013

Hello from rainy NC. Got a real workout sprinting through the airport as connections were running late. Did a husky walk last night and another this morning. Going downtown for shopping, dinner and a play are in the plans for the rest of the day.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited July 2013

Trying to earn activity cause ate out last night and another dinner out tomorrow. so did zumba and then stayed for the body sculpting class. Then had a good sweat trying to get the backs of my legs tan to match the front. I think sweating helps.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

hi everyone, geez I can't believe I haven't posted since Tues morning.  Been crazy busy at work, also DH is off work this week and hogging the computer but he deserves PC time.

Have walked every day and logged 17.76 km = 11.03 miles since past post.

Looking forward to seeing some of my Sculpted Sisters next week!  ♥

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Walked the dogs and did vertical jumping and jumping jacks for my bones. Had a DEXA scan today and was glad to learn that although I'm still in the osteopenia range, my bone density has improved since my last scan in 2011, despite the chemo. The Fosamax must be working. Hopefully that and exercise will offset the Arimidex.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2013

A quick half hour on the treadmill will have to do for today. Better than nothing I guess!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited July 2013

AnnieLane, yes I have been hula hooping since last October.  I really needed something fun enough to want to do it every day.  I used to love roller rinks but I think I'd be scared off by roller derby girls too.  Cheryl I'm appalled at how they handled your mammo.  Yay for the all clear though.  Claire, have a great ride.  You've earned it!

Well I'm on vacation (do unemployed people get vacation?) visiting family.  I walked about 2 miles with my SIL, then played basketball.  I didn't bring any hoops but my brother had 2 toy hoops in the garage so I got in some hooping after all.  Very active day!  Plus lots of good food and ice cream.  Tomorrow I'll get to swim in a lake, so plenty of chance to exercise then.

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Ann, I just might have to get a hula hoop or two. My youngest daughter and her family are coming to visit in about two weeks. She was a hooping champ as a girl and I bet it would be fun for her to show off for her kiddos, who are 4 and 5.

Anyway, today I did 3 sets with my 5 lb free weights and 1 with the 3.3 pounders. My right arm is doing fine with this so far. I also did some vertical jumping and jumping jacks and several sets of stairs. Will walk the dogs this evening. My crazy son and husband are out playing tennis in the heat, but I'll stay in the air conditioning until the sun goes down, thank you very much.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2013

A bit lazy today. Walking an unfamiliar downtown in an area we think we might like to move to one day. Broke up the exercise with dinner and margaritas hee hee!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

More dog walking in the rain.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2013

Combat class this morning followed by Boot Camp, our regular Boot Camp instructor was out and we had a sub, she was a bit overwhelmed but I enjoyed the workout, I love those big ropes that you thump on the ground!!!

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Walked the dogs early this morning, then came home and did several sets of stairs, vertical jumps and jumping jacks in air conditioned comfort.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

Just back from an hour-long walk, did same yesterday plus walked around shopping. 

Logged 8.8 km = 5.47 miles since last post.  Happy Bastille Day!  ♥

• lilacblue
    edited July 2013

Badger, Bastille Day is great.Wink

I got out at 9:30am to run 5k and it was a hot run.

Happy Sunday wonderful women.Smile

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

Getting lots in with yoga daily, cycling there and back and more, swam 400 m last two days and walked my 5 k yesterday and plan to do it today too. I am still planning on doing a short course triathlon on the 28th, 366 days after dx.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

More dog walking. Off to walk on the beach tomorrow.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2013

Body Step class this morning and I have to say I did like it a bit better the second time and then went for a delicious Vietnamese lunch, yummmmmmmInnocent

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited July 2013

Yoga when I got up. 1 1/2 hour walk in our state park. On the board walk, the beach, in the water of Lake Michigan, and on the road back to the car. Nice work out. By the way I had a grilled chicken breast, fresh steamed cauliflower, onions and mushroom all on the grill tonight for dinner.

I feel so thin today.:) :0

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited July 2013

artsee: I want to come to your home for dinner! Sounds delicious (and very thin Smile)

Thank-you everyone for your kind words about my dear SIL. I know she is in a better place but the pain of losing her is still great. Ruth: Love the poem! Thank-you.

Just returned from my walk/run at the park. It's 82 degrees and 82% humidity. My hair is soaked! I'm trying to lose those few extra pesty pounds before Thursday and DC. Don't think it's going to happen. Ladies: you'll have to take me as I am! Tongue Out 

The count down is ON!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Got back in the lake and swam. Up to about a quarter mike at this point so halfway to my goal.

Marianelizabeth- what does the short course Tri consist of? Is it the same thing as a sprint triathlon?

Wish I was going to DC to meet some of you inspiring ladies!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

My sister is such a good host that I am gaining two pounds a day....won't even fit into my clothes....sadness. ..

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

Ginger no way I could do a sprint at this point only a few weeks after end of rads etc. and not even sure I can do short course but I like the idea of a challenge after a year of BC. It is 400 m swim, 11 k cycle and 5 k run which I will walk as I can't run~~no ankle flexion due a motorcycle accident decades ago. But I am a fast walker just maybe not after the swim and cycle. But my son who has done 89 Olympic length tris this year so far to raise money for "Right to Play" is my coach and biggest cheerleader. We even went and got me a tri one piece swim suit today and new running shoes. I ordered a t-shirt which says "FUCK CANCER" on it which I plan to wear over my tri suit for the walk part. I think I can do it but only hope I don't go so slow they throw me off the course! There is also a sprint tri and duathlon. I have never entered anything before in my life so. BC brings out interesting things does it not?

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Marianelizabeth-I give you an A for effort and I am sure they will not care how slowly you do it. Best of luck!

I did a sprint Tri 5 years ago when I turned 45. I have never been athletic but wanted to try. It was a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3.1 mike run(I walked most of it) and it felt amazing!

The next year I could not do it because of a shoulder injury. At age 47 I was able to do the swim portion as part of a relay team. The next 2 years I was sidelined by BC and recovery from 4 surgeries.

I just turned 50 and really want to do it again at the end of the summer.

I am 40 pounds heavier but I am going to give it my best effort. I don't care if I am the slowest one there! Time to reclaim my health...

• adagio
    adagio Member Posts: 713
    edited July 2013

marian - good for you doing the triathlon. You sound so fit!! 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

This week it's supposed to be hot with a capital H!  But the gym is air conditioned, so no excuses - got my bag in the car for after work.  Been trying to do the C25K program, but my knee has been giving me grief - I am signed up for two races in the fall, so I may just be walking them.  Maybe a new pair of running shoes are in order, that seemed to help a lot last year when I developed bursitis.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

I am back from Portland, and it really was a personal best.  I did ALL the hills for the first time, and also a faster time.  I ran into a few snags on Day 2 or I would finished an hour sooner.  Getting snagged in traffic on the bridge, and chain problems.  It was quite hot towards the end too.

I want to mention this because you really can train up to BETTER THAN EVER.

Not all that sore this morning.  Not that I want to get on a bicycle seat soon Laughing

I won't know about weight loss for a couple of days.  This because your body retains water from the heat, exertion, and because it's being pumped with electrolyte concoctions.  I can feel that my muscles are tighter.

Anyway, this is 7 of 7 I have completed. - Claire

• lilacblue
    edited July 2013

Good for you Claire and glad you had a super time. Marianelizabeth, love the photo on your blog and Flobi Pinina is cute too!  Pat, you go girl and you deserve new shoes imnsho, Go tri Ginger, you too adagioLaughing

Bodystep and pilates at the gym this morning.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited July 2013

Wow, Claire! Just wow.

Mariane, good to have a goal. Go for it!

Went biking with DH for 35 km up and down beautiful forest trails.

Wish I could be in DC, too!