Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

Claire - fabulous!!  I'm so glad for you - you did the training and work and it's paid off.  Ginger - if you finish, then you've won - that's my motto.  And even if you don't finish, just crossing the start line is a victory.  I saw this on another runner's t-shirt once - "DLF (Dead Last Finish) is greater than DNF (Did Not Finish), which always trumps DNS (Did Not Start)."  

We had a wonderful time at the McCartney concert!  A bit of rain/mist before the concert, but no rain at all during it.  He's amazing - at 71 years old, in heat and humidity, he did a 3 hour concert.  As Lulu said, all ages were there, singing along happily to all the old songs.  His voice is in tremendous shape.  We'd parked at Union Station about 2 miles away and had dinner near there before the concert.  After it was over, we walked back along N. Capitol Street and had to walk through the Capitol grounds to get back to the car.  The Capitol was all lit up and we were right next to it.  It was after midnight at that point so there was no one else there - we had it to ourselves.  Beautiful and majestic.  

Went to the cabin the next morning for a quick weekend of Garden N Sculpt.  Skipping my pre-work exercise this week as I have company coming (Wink) and I need to get the final stuff done.  DC Meet Up Ladies - bring lightweight clothes and comfortable walking shoes - they're predicting temps near 100 Friday! Surprised  I think we're going to be Wilted Sisters instead of Sculpted Sisters by the end of the day.    We'll take pix of us near the monuments and post them here - just look for the wilted hair and and red faces, but all with great smiles!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2013

Mariane I will be cheering for you on the 28th!  

Congrats on your personal best Claire, you earned it. 

Biking yesterday, also on the trails, for 12 miles which is pretty good for me as a beginner.  I find that my focus gives out before my legs (especially since the trails were rutted/sometimes sandy but not particularly steep.)  Today I went to spin and yoga.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Marianne and Claire, you are both inspiring!

I feel like I'm making a comeback. One week from my final radiation treatment and I went back to the gym for the first time since all my BC drama began. I did strength training and did a mile on the treadmill. I did the upper body weight machines on the lowest settings, but I will work up from there, since I'm still being cautious to avoid lymphodema. Did the lower body machines at pretty close to my old levels.

Started the day by walking the dogs of course.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited July 2013

Annie, way to go!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited July 2013

Way to go Claire!

Annie, I bet you're marking the days off your calendar!

Marian: You rock!

Heidi: When I close my eyes I imagine your beautiful forest trails.

Mary: Can't wait to hear about Paul! He was my favorite. 

Push mowed for almost 1 1/2 hours today. Hot. Hot. Hot. Need to get in the garden but will do that when sun is lower.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Marian & Claire, you ladies are inspiring. Congrats on the accomplishments of the tri & ride.

Spent several hours swimming and did some aqua jogging today.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited July 2013

Zumba!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Natsfan- I like your motto! Finishing is the goal.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Spin tonight and Sh'bam this morning. Sh'bam was so much fun, it's the instructors birthday and someone brought her these big pink nerdy glasses, a crown, a sash and beads and she put everything on and taught the class in the outfit.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2013

Hi all-

Wonderland, so very sorry for your loss. Sending you a hug.

Claire-awesome race! You are so inspiring!

Great job Annie! Ann congrats on the clear colon.

I've been doing my 5 day a week training for the half marathon I am doing in OCT in Providence. Doing the runwalk pace. Have lost three lbs so that is a plus.last week I did 5 days of 6:00 am hour of power at the yoga studio!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Did a hot and steamy walk at lunch yesterday, and got to the gym for a C25K workout and some machines for the upper body.  Then went home and jumped in the pool and stayed there a good long while!  Some classical stretch this morning, and dreading my lunchtime walk, it is already hot and steamy and it's only 8:30.

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Walked the dogs early before work. It has mercifully cooled down a bit here. I'll do some sets of stairs and jumping jacks later today, I promise.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Bodybalance at the gym this morning and just in from a hot 5k run.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

Claire, well done! 

Lilacblue, I need to update my photo on BCO too but I know I found it hard last time so have left it for now.

Ginger, I am 64 and was not athletic until the past few years when I got into trekking. So I was in pretty good shape coming into BC a year ago. Heidihill, it is a good goal though not much time for training so just have to hope for the best. Thanks to the rest of you for your encouragement.

Yesterday I did a 3+ hour hike in our local mountains to check out the trails for a hike I am leading on Thursday for the seniors hiking club I belong to. I led the same hike last year a day after I found my lump and was surprised I did not get us lost as I was so distracted. But this year it is exactly a year to the day and it is another step on the way to recovery from this past year from hell.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2013

A perfect beach day!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2013

8 mile run this morning, hot yoga this afternoon.  My sister-in-law called to congratulate me on my 1-year surgery anniversary.  She said, "Last year at this time you were miserable with drains coming from your body, and now you're just getting in from a hot yoga class!"

Amen . . .

• SAB
    edited July 2013

Hips are hurting today, so I slowed to a long walk on the treadmill. Hopefully some ibuprofen and a hot shower will get me ready for the gym tomorrow.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

No chance to exercise today as DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. We had a great day! Back to swimming tomorrow.

• SAB
    edited July 2013

Congrats to you and your DH Ginger!

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2013

Tonight I did a Body Step class.  Congrats to you and your DH Ginger.  Lulu you've come a long way in the past year.  Just to let you know the older I get, the stronger I get, today at work I had to drop a job at a post office I don't go to regularly, I had to weigh the equipment, add my mail then push the equipment up the ramp to the dock, when I reached the scale to my amazement I had pushed 524lbs up that ramp .... I am no wallflowerCool   Am almost packed for my sojourn east, I've charged my camera battery and I'm charging my Nook and if I've forgotten anything well too badTongue Out

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Did another hot and steamy walk at lunch yesterday, and will probably do another one today.  Got home last night and went right in the pool for a little pool jogging and then just floated around til my body temp felt like it had recovered from the hot day.  Tonight is blues on the beach, so a little dancing exercise in my future!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited July 2013

Claire congratulations on your Portland race.

Just got back from a trip to Indiana and Ohio.  I hooped yesterday and can really tell I missed several days of practice.  Also took a walk around a little "lake" that was crowded with runners.  It looked like a running club.  Wow they were all fit.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Ginger, congratulations to you and DH, have fun Cheryl and all meeting up in DC. Lulu, congrats on passing the one year mark and I agree, it is amazing how far you and "we" have come.

Freestyle step this morning at the gym.

• SAB
    edited July 2013

50 minutes on the elliptical and yoga.

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Ginger, congrats to you and your DH!

I went with mine for a long walk with the dogs early this morning. Then went to the gym and did strength training, stretching and some slow jogging on the treadmill.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

I am officially on vacation - yay!  Been a long hard slog but I'm all caught up, feels good.

Walking in the mornings before the beastly heat hits.  14.7 km = 9.13 mi since last post.

I'll be offline until next week so take care everyone.  See some of you really soon!  ♥

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2013

5 for 5 6:00 am hour of power. I can go every day as the time is so convenient! I got up into an arm balance I had not been able to do since MX today. Only for a second, but it was a special moment :)

Took the last two days off from 1/2 marathon-just too hot! Heading over to the track tomorrow night to ramp it back up.

Badger, have a great vacation!

Lulu- Happy surgery anniversary!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited July 2013

Guess who is sitting beside me eating M&Ms and drinking wine: Ruth!!!

Too hot for exercise today.

Monticello and then on to Mary's tomorrow. So excited!

This is Ruth posting now........

Guess who is sitting beside me eating M&ms and drinking wine:Wonderland!!!

Walked on the beach this morning, bought some short shorts at a beach shop....March on Washington tomorrow Cool.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2013

Did Sh'bam class this morning, am at LAX about to board my flight to Washington wooohooooo

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2013

Still sticky, humid today.  My running partner twisted her ankle the other day and is hobbling so we walked 4 miles this morning instead of our usual 8 mile run.

Stressing already thinking about traffic.  Yesterday my usual 20 minute ride to work took over an hour due to a broken traffic light.  I was sitting in my car getting all stressed when I saw my yoga instructor calmly walking her dog at the side of the road. So I thought to myself, ok, time for some "deep, yogic breathing."  Didn't really help! Too many cars on the road!  I'm ready to ditch mine, take the T, and invest in a bike.