Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2013

It was a beautiful morning back on the trails, until DH had his knee go from tweaky to painful.  So, back to the car in 90 minutes and just under 5 miles (I couldn't leave him for the mountain lions! He had the car keys!)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2013

Okay, home about 2 hours but expect it to take another 2 days to recover.  What fun.  Mary's DH was such a sport to put up with us. 

Places mentioned next included California (top on list), Panama, Caribbean (anywhere), Italy and Boston (though who knows where we may end up!)

I am so tired even my fingernails are protesting just typing so turning in early since the real world calls again tomorrow.   So reporting for today, my exercise entailed our trip to the supermarket walking around to buy food for our cookout.  I did move though, 4 hours driving home was moving even though the tires did all the work!

Night my sculpted friends.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Oh, "wild swimming" sounds heavenly and so therapeutic, especially to me down here in San Antonio, where it hot and humid as usual this time of year. But I just walked the dogs after the sun went down, did some jumping jacks inside, and got most of my exercise today from long overdue housework. I'm getting ready for my daughter, son-in-law and 4 & 5 yr old grandchildren to come visit from Iowa and I can't wait!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

hi all and welcome flannelette!  I'm back from DC and thought I'd post a bit.  Flight home, from Chicago to Madison, was delayed 90 mins.  We couldn't take off until the plane inhabiting our gate left, but they couldn't leave because their captain didn't show up.  Are you freaking kidding me?  Flight out, from Chicago to Baltimore, was delayed because our captain didn't show up.  Haven't had this happen in all my years of flying then twice in one trip.  Will let the airline president know about the problem with crew scheduling in Chicago.  We left for Madison after midnight.  But it was worth it because I had so much fun with the DC ladies!  What a special group of friends.  ♥

Logged 29.41 km = 18.27 miles and that puts me over 3,700 miles walked (since BMX).

OK 4 a.m. time to try to get some sleep.  Good night, or perhaps good morning! 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

We could have used some of that wild swimming in DC - it was hot and humid the whole time for the Sculpted Sisters Great DC Adventure.  Even the swimming pool was like bathwater.  But Sculpted Sisters are tough! 

Saturday was museum day.  We mixed and matched museums according to our interests, but everyone hit at least two - Ford's Theatre, the Holocaust Museum, Natural History Museum (Patoo wasn't too thrilled with the Insect Zoo Tongue Out), and the Air and Space Museum.  We even touched a piece of moon rock.  Also at Air and Space, a Tuskegee Airman was doing a book signing for a book he'd written about the Airmen, so we had the opportunity to get a book personally signed by a genuine American hero - what a thrill.  Saturday night we took Nationals Park by storm for a game against the Dodgers.  Without mentioning the score, let's just say that Patoo and Cheryl, who were rooting for the Dodgers, were pleased with the outcome. Wink  And we even got a special scoreboard welcome!

We took it easy Sunday after two full days of touring, relaxing with a cookout.  Everyone headed back home yesterday afternoon except Cheryl - she leaves later today so we're heading to Mount Vernon (George Washington's estate) for one last tourist adventure before I drop her off at the airport.  They were wonderful guests and so much fun.  It was a privilege to host everyone. 

Here are a few pictures from our excellent adventure.

At the FDR Memorial: Me, Badger, Wonderland, Odie16, HBCheryl, Patoo, and Ruthbru:

In my backyard (with Mikey the very vocal Min Pin):

And here's our special scoreboard welcome for the Sculpted Sisters at the Nationals game Saturday night.  Breast Cancer Warriors indeed!

• SAB
    edited July 2013

Wonderful pictures!  What an amazing trip you all had; thank you for sharing.

Off to the treadmill.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Photos looks fun and happy - great that all of you DC enjoyed yourselves.

Power Pilates this morning at the gym.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2013

LUV the pics!  Who's cuter than you gals????

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2013

13 minutes of jogging in the river....going up one minute a day (I'm nearly 66 and have not been active...except for housekeeping & gardening) so taking it slow

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

What a beautiful bunch of healthy, active ladies! Love the pictures!

Today I walked the dogs as usual and went to the gym to do weights and stretching.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Great pics...love the scoreboard welcome!

Swam today; got past the 1/4 mile mark. Working towards 1/2 mile.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2013

Back from holiday - lots to catch up on!  Despite good intentions I'm up a few lbs. from vacation Undecided

Pics of DC ladies are great - looks like it was a fantastic time for all of you.  Love the special scoreboard welcome. 

An hour of booty barre yesterday and feeling it today.  

I'm enjoying the celebration of the royal baby's birth - round the clock news here on the British stations.  

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2013

Hi All! You can see from the pictures how much fun we had in D.C. a super, great adventure! I am at my sister's in NC until tomorrow, when I will head home (to cooler weather!). Yesterday we walked the dog twice, swam in the pool and ate at a great Thai restaurant. Today will be more walking, pooling, and jumping up and down at The Monkeys concert!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Love the pics DC ladies - glad you had such a great time.

Getting my usual walk in at lunch at work, and some pool jogging, but that's about it.  Leaving for vacation Thursday, and my body already feels like it is on vacation!

• NatsFan
    edited July 2013

It was a great DC trip.  You never take the time to visit the attractions in your own city, so I had a wonderful time re-discovering all that DC has to offer.  My new resolution for the winter months is to try to get to DC at least once a month to take in a museum, a memorial, or other attraction.  People come from all over the world to see this stuff and it's right in my own backyard - I am determined to take more advantage of it.

Ginger - that's fabulous swimming.  I did a lot of lap swimming in college, and a quarter mile was quite a workout even back then when I was a skinny 20 year old!  I'm really impressed and admire your goal of a half mile.  Flannel - can you tell all of us in hot weather cities are severely envious of your river running?  What a great way to get some exercise in - I can just imagine the wildlife. 

No exercise for me this morning.  After a long weekend of playing tourist, I think this is going to be my rest day.  Being a tourist is very hard work! Tongue Out

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Joy, The parody magazine Private Eye came out with a full page cover headline exclaiming: WOMAN HAS BABY then at the bottom, INSIDE: Some other stuff
    Also, a news presenter was accused of wearing 'same clothes' to front Royal baby coverage two days in a row. The news woman had gone home to change although wearing the same colour of clothing (creating confusion to a frenzied viewing audience), thereby excusing her crime of fashion faux pas.  It's all getting  OTT and more ratcheting-up to come.Wink

Had body balance at the gym this morning and thinking later when it's cooler and less muggy, a run. 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2013

LB  Count me as one of the frenzied audience as I commented on the woman presenter in the same clothes from the previous day!   It is entirely OTT as only the Brits can do - most enjoyable.  Laughing

• SAB
    edited July 2013

An hour and a half of brisk walking with my walking buddy this morning. My daughter has an early morning commitment to which I have to drive her for the next two weeks, so my regular schedule is thrown off.  

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited July 2013

I miss the DC girls already! What a marvelous time we had!!! Thanks for all the fun and laughter.

Our mowers are still not fixed. So we are borrowing my BIL's while he is out of town. Dh and I took turns. He did most of it so when it was my turn I only pushed mowed for 1 hour. Cheryl: it felt like your Body Combat class except this was Mower Combat! 

On the heat/sweat scale with -10 being North Dakota/Wisconsin, 0 being California's cool nights, and 10 being DC in the summer, I give my exercise today a 6.

Edited to add that I plan to go to the park later to walk/run. Hoping the index will be a 5.5 by then.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

Last visit ever to RO yesterday so slowly working my way forward. Just the exchange to be done in late fall.

I biked to swim my 400 m then did a bit more uphill on the way home. Just walked 5 k with my son~~sweaty coming  back. I changed my Anastrozole to mornings for the first time today to see if it helps with the hot flashes not being at night.

Off biking to yoga in a few minutes. 

Only 5 days until my short course triathlon and my coach (21 year old son) says I should not do too much leading up to it. Fine with me!

New Avatar photo is from a hike week before last. 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2013

Hi all.  According to my pedometer, DC crew did 15,337 steps/5.80 miles Friday ; 12,766 steps/4.83 miles Saturday.  Deb and Mary's pedometer counts were only slightly +/-.

I took both Sunday and Monday off.  Tonight after work I went out and walked about 3 miles but my hip is really screaming.  I guess it's still recovering from DC.

Night my sculpted friends.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Back to work so back to the gym yesterday. 30 minutes on the Elliptical as well as weights. Today I ran a 5k on the treadmill plus weights.

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Took the dogs for a late moonlight walk. Did quite a bit of housework today and I'm counting that as exercise too.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Back home after an absolutely fabulous get together, once again I am going to say that Mary and her DH were amazing hosts, they really made us feel as if their home was our home and if ever their delightful Mikey goes missing I would get in the car and head to North DakotaSurprised I don't think I've laughed as much as I did this past week in a long time and Odie you were missed on saturday, we kept doing head counts and then remembering you weren't with usCry.  Wonderland give that mower a hook, a cross and an upper cut, failing that a good swift back kickCool

Back to the gym tonight and did a Body Step class, now I need to ice my knees.

• adagio
    adagio Member Posts: 713
    edited July 2013

marian - your hair looks like it is coming in nicely - is the colour any different to what it was before chemo? My hair is about half an inch all over now and it is snow white - which is quite a shock for me. Every morning I still wonder who it is in the mirror?

What time and day is your triathlon this coming weekend? I am not quite sure of my weekend plans yet, but if possible, I'd love to come and cheer you on!

Hope you are enjoying this wonderful warm sunny weather - I find it very healing.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2013

Misswim, I think I'm getting my WHEEL back!! Each time I try it I get a little more extension! WOOHOO!!! It's about time!

Gym this morning, did shoulders and biceps.  Tonight I will go for my riding lesson.  Enjoying the summer.

Keep moving, everyone!!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Rained yesterday so no walk at lunch - today at lunch I am doing a walking tour of some historic sites around the area  I work, some WWII sites and a very old church I've only seen from the outside.  Tomorrow I leave for a 5 day vacation - we did the same trip last year, not enough opportunity for exercise and far too much opportunity for overeating and drinking.  But it will be good to relax and sit by the pool and read, go out on the boat, etc.  I mentioned to someone at work I was going on vacation, and they said "didn't you just take a vacation" - referring to wedding week - hah, wedding week was NOT a vacation, hosting the rehearsal dinner and after wedding brunch at my home!  Internet is spotty where we are going, so I will probably have a lot of catching up to do on here when I get back.

• NatsFan
    edited July 2013

adagio - my hair came in soft and white at first as well.  I think the "growing" part of the follicle gets re-activated before the "color" part gets going.  It will probably start getting some color soon.  Luvlulu - hooray on almost getting the wheel back!  Marian - you must be getting excited for this weekend - what a thrill!  Pat - that walking tour sounds wonderful - let us know how it went!  And enjoy your vacation.  You deserve it as hosting a wedding is definitely not a vacation!

Our hot weather seems to be easing a bit - I think tomorrow I might even be able to go for a run without keeling over from the heat and humidity. In the meantime I've been walking Mikey for a couple miles in the morning and the evening.  He keeps searching the house because he can't figure out what happened to all those nice women who were petting him, carrying him around, and sneaking him food! Tongue Out  And all that walking Patoo recorded?  It was all done in near 100 degree heat and high humidity - like hot yoga except we got it for free.  And yes, Odie - you were absolutely missed on Saturday! 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

To the BC ladies.....agree on the fabulous weather.  I have been doing sunset runs the past 2 evenings.  Not sure what long ride this weekend, but may just catch up on work.  I am still soooooooo busy.  By catching up, I mean rides of ~25 miles or so.

Glad you ladies in DC had comfortable walking shoes!!!  I didn't hear about blisters, and you would have had them otherwise.  Glad you had a fab time too.

BC ladies.....I rocked it uber short 3 years ago.  My hair came in the same shade of Feria that it had been prior to diagnosis.  The alternative look was "pelt of deceased rodent" and no way was I going to wear that.

Catch all of you wonderful ladies later.  Just remembered.....it would be fun to do a nice run/swim if warm enough Friday evening.  Just the most wonderful summer weather ever here! - Claire

• SAB
    edited July 2013

Rushing off to make spin class!