Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2013

Lovin' Lincoln

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Ruth's Favorite Nat, Denard Span Kiss (formerly of the Minnesota Twins)!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2013

Great pics ruthbru!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Roald Dahl

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited July 2013

Panda: Welcome! Like Patoo, I also like Leslie Sansone tapes. 

Wow, Ann! You really deserve your Coke float with ice cream!

Ruth: Great pictures. Keep them coming. Nenard looks like he's looking straight at you.

Fast walked/ran the neighborhood this morning before it got too hot. Had a meeting this evening so couldn't go to the park for an evening session.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Great start fab.. At this rate, you'll see results in no time.... Welcome panda.

Hey Cheryl, looks like Ruth found your five lbs. Don't feel bad, I think I gained five lbs by simply rehydrating...

Did a 5k run today at the gym as well as weights. Then found out that hubby is having another two yards of river rock delivered tomorrow....ugh........

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2013

15 minutes of jogging in the river - wild swimming! trying to add one minute each day.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

hi all and welcome pandazankar.  I also like Little Stevie Orbit.  Wink

Annie, Scrub & Sculpt definitely counts, as does Shop & Sculpt!

Ruth, love that pic of us at Nats Park and the accompanying quote.  I'm quite attached to that Milwaukee Brewers baseball cap.  It's not for the Brew Crew, it's for me.  I requisitioned that cap from my DH to wear while walking bald from chemo.  The adjustable velcro closure made it fit my head.  Knew my hair was finally growing back when I had to let it out some.

Walked on break and after work today.  Logged 5.83 km = 3.62 miles for the day.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Carrol I do both Sh'bam and Zumba, Zumba is latin based and Sh'bam is different dance combinations.  Ann forgot to tell you while we were in DC we saw a big box of hoops and we were going to take our picture with them but that part of the store was locked up so we couldn't get in but you were with us in spirit.  Flannelette that is a great goal, a minute here and a minute there and soon it all adds up.  Too funny Odie.  Welcome Panda glad you found us.  Ruth love the ball park picture.

Well I musn't go on vacation as it messes with my brain (no comments from the peanut galleryTongue Out ) tonight I got myself to the gym at 5.40pm for my 6pm spin class, which really started at 5.30pm I was so mad at myself cause I'd just been home sitting on my behind waiting to go and of course no bikes left grrrrr anyways I rode a recumbent bike for 20 minutes and then did a Body Pump class.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

SAB, I had that happen twice this week - we showed up and no cover.  Panda, good to have you with us.

I'm off to freestyle step, the 6th week of a twisty, what I think is a advanced routine - that I throughly enjoy.  Creative, instructor lead classes like this are going by the wayside as my gym is moving to offering Les Mills products - only. 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

Ruth - great pix!!  I'm glad we got to the Lincoln Memorial when we did - some idiot vandalized it with with green paint last night, splashing paint on the leg and base of the statue and all over the floor.  It's closed off until the Park Service can clean it - no timeframe has been given yet.  They say it's got yellow tape all in front blocking it off.  What a disappointment for all of the tourists who won't be able to see it up close.  A very sad and stupid thing to happen.

Pilates DVD this morning, plus some hooping.  I tried doing some waist hooping going counterclockwise (I normally hoop clockwise) - it took some concentration. Ann - I was supposed to show Cheryl how to do hooping, but we got so busy we never got around to it.  So if you see her in SD again, you're in charge! Laughing  Cheryl - it doesn't take a vacation for me to be an airhead - I can do that at any time, vacation or no!

Off to the cabin this weekend.  It should be cooler and lovely - can't wait. 

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Walked the dogs early this morning and worked out with my 5 lb free weights at home. Will be doing lots more housework today, but starting tomorrow it's all fun and games with the grandkids for the next four days - can't wait!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Did a FIRM sculpting DVD & walked up and down hills for an hour with my fast moving neighbor. It is a fall-like 68 degrees here. Very strange summer.

Have fun with the grandkids, Annie!

• GointoCarolina
    GointoCarolina Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013

Thank you all for the warm welcome.This is exactly what I need!I rode the X bike for 25 minutes with John Hiatt..almost did not walk this afternoon,but wanted to be able to post that I had..so did 2 miles with Leslie..

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Good job!

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2013

WILD WATER checking in. 16 minutes of jogging on the spot in my water hole. I swim a bit, too, to make sure my arms get fully extended, and lots of swimming underwater - have no idea what that does except generally move my body and it is so COOL - ie cools my body, love that.

• wonderland
    edited July 2013

Good evening all.

Fast walked/ran this morning before it became too hot. It was a nice sweat!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2013

LULU- That is amazing, amazing, amazing on the WHEEL!!! Woohoo!

I've been chuigging along doing yoga- just joined our Y and their are some great classes!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

hi all, gorgeous evening here so walked for an hour when I got home from work.  Had my nose to the grindstone, cleverly disguised as a computer monitor, for most of the day so walk felt great.  Logged 7.76 km = 4.82 miles for the day. 

Cannot believe some idiot splashed Mr. Lincoln with paint.  WTH  Yell

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2013

Way to go panda.  That's how it works - little voices in your head get you moving.  Think I'll do a Leslie right now.  Love that I can do 2 miles in only 30 mins with her.  When I walk outside on my own I tend to walk slowly so it takes longer to do 2 miles.

Can't believe that about paint on Abe Lincoln.  There are cameras everywhere/every angle these days and people still don't get it.  Technology has improved everything except criminals stupidity!

Night my sculpted friends.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

Just got in from a sunset run and waiting for (special farmers market) potatoes to roast.  Leftover salmon and veggies including the beans I snagged last night while buying the salmon.  YUM!!!

Running was slow, but early evening was glorious.  Still have weights to lift.

Not sure what I am doing tomorrow, but have a group ride planned for Sunday.  Plus lots of work. I have a dream of digging out someday.

I know all about the grindstone....was chained big time earlier today.  But since I like to eat........ - Claire

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Good check in Wild Water!Wink

Just in from a cool air 5k run.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2013

We're in for some record highs here for the next few days - ruth, I am thinking of you with your 68 degrees, enjoy!  Got out for a hike with DH and our dog this morning, before the heat really kicks in.   Will get in another booty barre session this afternoon, it works out fine with a fan blowing towards me for the whole time!  

Hope those culprits are caught that defaced the Lincoln Memorial - idiots! 

Happy Weekend, All ~

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited July 2013

Didn't get any exercise yesterday. Too hot and could not drag DD away from the house. Hope to get some exercise today!

• fab1
    fab1 Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2013

Hi girls

I went for a 40mun walk in the park with a friend. It was lovely. Had my second session of chemo yesterday.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

Sad news here. Our little ancient Chihuahua, Molly, died yesterday. We came home for lunch and it was clear that she'd had something like a stroke or heart attack. We got her comfy and relaxed but we could tell that whatever had happened was serious. I think she probably would have gone on her own at some point but we decided to spare her that. We took her in and held her right to the end. We took her home so Mikey (our other dog) could see her and sniff as much as he needed to. We started doing that years ago and found that it helps the remaining pets understand what has happened and not keep searching for the missing one.

It's sad but not unexpected - Molly was 19, and she had a good long life. But knowing that still doesn't make it easy to accept.

I think we'll take Mikey on a hike today - it's a nice day and he'll enjoy it.

I think having the DC group visit us gave Molly a last little bit of enjoyment. In her younger days she loved visitors. She seemed invigorated after the visit - even breaking into a trot occasionally last week and cleaning her bowl 3 times a day. So thank you for giving her some pleasure during her last days.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Oh Mary, I am so sorry. I'm glad we got to meet her and bring along a little bit of excitement and fun to her house. Give Mikey an extra scratch behind the ears from me....and a doggie treat....sending hugs to all.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2013

Mary  Sorry to hear of your beloved Molly - 19 years, wow!  It's never easy to lose a furry friend.  ((Hugs))  

• wonderland
    edited July 2013

Mary: So sorry to hear the news about Molly. You and your dh gave her a wonderful life. What a nice thing to do for Mikey. Thoughts are with you during this sad time.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Oh Mary I am so sorry to learn of Mollys passing, I know both your hearts are broken, you gave her such a loving and happy home and she did enjoy herself on sunday, give Mikey and big smooch from me and what a loving tradition that he was able to say goodbye ((((HUG))))