Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Joy, you are in my prayers also. Give yourself lots of time and don't apologize for being down. You can't exactly just bounce back from the sudden loss of your husband.

Today, we walked the dogs in the morning and went swimming in the evening.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Hugs to you, Joy.

30 minutes hooping.  Gonna walk to the mailbox later.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2013

Joy- sending hugs your way. Reach out anytime; we are here!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2013

Ruth- on my recent trip to SC, I sweat through bras so fast I had to buy some at Walmart. Did not have great access to laundry there.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

Sh'bam class this morning and just okay Spin class tonight. Ruth I can just imagine you taking two suitcases, one with your clothes and one full of bras ..... You go girl!!!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

OK, I am finally packed: 3 sports bras, 3 regular bras, lots of underwear, two swim dresses, and some random clothes....at least if I buy stuff, I know I can get it home! I am envisioning the trip home to be something of a sequel to National Lampoon's Vacation.....two ladies, a neurotic dog licking the windows (one of the only dogs in the world who does not like car rides), and a backseat full of bras.....my next report will be from sunny Florida! Cool

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2013

((((Joy)))) I understand.  For selfish reasons, I've always gotten so much from your posts, well before and now, more so than ever.  I'll continue to look out for you, we all care deeply - gentle hugs beauty. 

Late yesterday afternoon DH had the first consult of the test results. Still need to identify the deepest tumor via surgical biopsy and that may happen by the end of the week. Off to the oncologist next week who writes up the treatment plan with dates and times we are to be at the hospital for treatment (radio & chemo), including a chemo port and feeding tube put in place - then in the cancer crucible DH goes.  No metastasized cancer found in the scan and very grateful to know that. A long, difficult haul ahead and DH will get though this and on the other side - eventually. Thank you so much for your support, it does make a difference.  LB, x

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited August 2013

Joy, please keep posting. LilacBlue, you and your DH will get through this.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Lilac, at least now you have a plan, can get started, and get it over with. Much love and prayers going out for you both.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Joy - Cheryl said it perfectly.  We're here anytime you're up to checking in. 

Lilac - so glad on the no-mets scan. Now on to treatment. One thing about you having been down this path with your b/c is that you both already know the lingo, you know how to talk to doctors, and you have an idea of what chemo and rads will bring.  It doesn't make it any easier, but at least it's not completely unfamiliar.  I imagine it's very strange for both of you to switch the patient-caretaker roles.  Being a patient is hard as we all know, but I think in some ways being a caretaker is worse - it's such a feeling of helplessness watching a loved one go through something like this.  Hugs to both of you.

Just barely made goal yesterday - 3007 fuelpoints, and that included marching around the house for a half an hour to rack up those last points.  Feeling sluggish for some reason this week.  Today was supposed to be a running day but I just wasn't up to it.  I almost turned the alarm off to sleep for another hour, but rather than blow it off entirely, I dragged my butt out for a 2 mile walk this morning.  It was something.  And I saw 3 bunnies, so that made me smile. 

Ruth - chuckling about your trip.  I have a vision of a dog frantically licking the windows while gaily festooned in colorful bras.  Cool  Have a wonderful time!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

A nice walk at lunch yesterday.  My walking buddy finally rejoined me, and she walks faster than I do when I'm alone, so it was a good workout.  Went to spin class last night, struggling to keep up after being away from it fo 4 months, but did my best, knowing it will come back.  Tried some classical stretch this morning but was too creaky to go very far with it.  Will walk at lunch again today, and then off to the gym tonight for intervals and upper body work.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

LilacBlue, thank goodness for no mets, though I know it is still a tough road.  As Mary pointed out at least there is the small blessing of experience as you go into this, and the knowledge that there is a plan. My very best wishes that the treatment is swift, complete and successful.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Oh, I forgot to list exercise.  Still shaking out the new bike, so I am going for a ride this morning.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Took a long stroll through the Minneapolis airport. Now just hanging out and drinking coffee. Next flight doesn't leave until 2:00, so I will enjoy some reading and people watching.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Lilac, I'm glad to hear your DH has no mets. I sometime wish other forms of cancer got as much attention, support and funding as BC seems to.

My DH & I walked the dogs so early it was almost pleasant outside. I went to the gym on my lunch break and did endurance / weight training and stretching.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

8046 steps/3.04 miles

Hip/knee/body aches so ibuprofen my best friend right now

Night sculpted friends

(Joy/Lilac - cyberHUGS - just reach out and grab one)

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Lilacblue, I hope getting a plan in place will give you & DH some semblence of peace. You will get thru this and we will be here when you just need to vent.

((((Joy))))

Went to the gym today and did several miles on the treadmill plus weights...

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

LB so relieved for you no sign of mets, yes the road ahead will be a difficult one but you are one strong, tough cookie and we're all here to help prop you up when you need us.  Mary hope the blah bug is banished soon.  Ahhh Ruth I remember hangin' in the Minneapolis airport with youSmile  Patoo when is your hip surgery?

This morning did Body Combat class and tonight went to Body Jam it was fun to catch up with one of my old instructors and dance "old school"

(((Joy)))

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

I backed off everything.....quads are still complaining and I need SLEEP.  Meeting went well so a home run.  I don't know how I got it all done yesterday, but I did!

Did my walk, weights and crunches today.  But no run, and only one mile of walking.

Off to bed.

Hugs to Joy and Lilac....thinking of you ladies. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Hi girls, arrived safely in stormy Florida and have been eating and visiting ever since. My seat mates for the flight were a mom, a 3 year old and a1 year old. I entertained the 3 year old the whole trip so the mom could attend to the very unhappy baby. By the end I had pulled out my cell phone and showed her all my pictures of my sisters dog, my nieces dog, my cats, Mikey, Monticello, the giant Eleanor or Roosevelt, we hot ladies with our fans.... the whole DC tour... she particularly liked the Nurses Memorial, where the nice nurse was helping the soldier with a booboo.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

I am typing on my phone, which doesn't work particularly well... too unhandy. I'm going to be mad if it is raining tomorrow!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Hahahaha Ruth, glad the 3 year old enjoyed our trip, I know I did Kiss hope the sun sines for you tomorrow.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Ruth how nice of you to help that flying mom.  LilacBlue, so glad for no mets but it sounds like a rough road for both of you.  We are here for you.

Moving chores today, cleaned out a low cabinet including removing some icky ancient shelf paper.  The layer of shelf paper beneath it was cleaner.  Ah, the joys of old houses.  Did a walk/hike for my exercise.  I am loving the trail down the street from the new place.  The first section is so steep it feels like stair climbing.  I didn't go to the peak tonight, as I'd started late.  Gorgeous moonrise on the way back down.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

Brisk walk at lunch yesterday - love it when my walking buddy joins me, she really pushes me.  To the gym after work for some intervals and upper body machines.  Increased the weight, so really feeling it today.  Blues on the beach tonight - last one, so will have to dance up a storm!

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Ruth that mom lucked out getting you as a seat mate!

Everything bike related on my body is hurting today. A nice gentle run at the gym coming right up.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

I know what you mean SAB.  I often feel like I sprung my butt!  I feel it right now, for instance.  With long rides, I also feel it in my upper arms and pectorals.  Plus my lower abs.  With really long rides, my lower back gets stiff. 

One way to fake out any anastrazole pain......hide it under exercise soreness and general muscle strain!

Note that all the places where I get sore are well-shaped.

Hoping for a run tonight, and planning two "lite" rides for this weekend. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

The harried mom lucked out both ways. On her way out she sat next to a lady who runs a daycare! Bbrought toning rings along, so did a little toning when I got up. Read, drank coffee and visited, took a fabulous walk on the beach. Now it is raining again so we are off to lunch.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Pat - your blues on the beach dancing sounds like a perfect summer evening.  Ann - when we removed the shelf paper in the kitchen at our house, we found the old stuff underneath - a bright orange mushroom pattern, straight out of the 1960's. Surprised It was eye-popping to say the least.   Ruth - the mother may not realize now how lucky she was, but hopefully in later years when her kids are older she will remember and "pay it forward" to another young parent.  Glad you got to share the DC pix - I can just see you describing all the pictures to the little one.

Still prepping for our trip.  The live-in pet sitter came to meet Mikey (our min pin for those who haven't had the pleasure), and can you believe it?  Mikey barked at him the whole time! What a surprise - NOT.  Good thing the pet sitter is an animal person - he works at a vet office and is going to vet school next year, so he's being very patient.  We got a towel with the pet sitter's scent on it and put it on the bed Mikey sleeps on while we're at work - we hope that will get Mikey more used to the pet sitter's scent.  We're trying another meeting after work today to acclimate Mikey to the sitter.

Lots of walking yesterday - 2 miles before work, 2 miles to our Mexican restaurant for dinner, then a 2 mile walk with Mikey after that.  Total fuelpoints: 4104.  Had a work conference call at 6am this morning. I could call in from home, so I put the phone on the magazine holder on the elliptical, hopped on, and called in with the phone on speaker.  It's a pretty quiet elliptical so it didn't interfere, so I ellipticalled for the entire half hour call.  I thought that was pretty efficient multitasking. Cool

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

When do you leave Mary?

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Lilac: As all have mentioned, so glad your dh doesn't have mets. Sorry this has happened to him. We all know how scary it is.

Ruth: You're a good woman to entertain a 3 year old for that long! The mother was indeed very lucky!

Mary: Wow! You really know how to find a fantastic pet sitter! Mikey may be a changed dog when you get back.

Dh has fixed my push mower! Well, for now he has. The gas tank still leaks slightly. BUT, I was push mowed for an hour and 15 minutes today (we took turns - his was longer). It had been 10 days since we last mowed and way too much rain which made mowing exhausting. Frown I needed one of Ruth's extra bras when my time was up! Tongue Out