Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Went to Yoga tonight with a friend...

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

hi ladies, been off the boards for a few days so just catching up.  Have walked every day and logged 12.64 km = 7.85 miles since last post.

((Joy)) Cheryl said it perfectly, we're here for you no matter what.  Post if/when you can.

((LB)) we're here for you too, so sorry your family has to face more chemo & rads.

Ruth, you get an extra gold star for helping that mom & being kind to her child. 

Mary, was the petsitter laughing?  As we know from experience, that makes Mikey bark.

Wonderland, OMG by push mower you mean not a riding mower!  Surprised  All this time I thought you were pushing one of those old-fashioned reel mowers, and I was astounded LOL. 

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread vibrant.  ♥

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs before work and swam at the neighborhood pool after.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

Mary you are so clever getting Mikey ready, i know you'll worry but he is such a good boy. Wonderland darn that pesky rain making that grass grow!!!

This morning did Sh'bam and tonight did Spin. Crazy Spin instructor #1 has been mentoring a girl and tonight she took the lead OMG we now have crazy #3 it was her first ever class and it was like she was born to do it.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Claire, I had a similar thought about exercise hiding the tamoxifen joint pain.  I'm pretty creaky these days and I'd rather blame physical activity than side effects.

Mary I would love to find orange mushroom print-- I just uncovered a multicolored grid design.

Hiked to the drugstore tonight, it's downhill there and uphill back.  I found another trail on the return.  The neighborhood is full of wide sandy trails.  I really like that feature of this area.  Also did lots of vacuuming and still moving furniture around.  Tomorrow will be cleaning out more kitchen cabinets.  

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2013

Thank you (((Everyone))), you do understand. My DH and I like good food and the G tube for feeding is a curve ball that will be very difficult for DH and I'll be in on the homecare for all aspects of treatment.  DH had the surgical biopsy yesterday morning and from what was visually presented, stage II, T2 MO - more will be revealed next week and the week after.   On Tuesday I saw my PS and two more weeks of no high impact (~sigh) and continued shapewear compression - all is recovering well on that front. Late yesterday afternoon, I was able to coax our 14 year old away from the xbox and able to buy - with him with me, all new, larger sized school uniforms for school start date of September 4th.  I'm doing what I can now to get life sorted for what is to come.

Inspiring to read exercise by (((You))) and I think my running will fit in best with all the changes this autumn will bring. ((((Joy)))) you are in my thought's -  All love, LB, x

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Oh Lilac, what a rotten deal. Glad you are on the mend and that your son will be occupied with school while DH will be doing treatments. Have they given you a timeline yet about how long this should take?

Did my 30 minutes of random toning and will soon be off for another walk on the beach.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Lilac, my mom needed a G tube for feeding the last few years of her life and I often helped with it when I was there. It's a bit daunting to learn, but you really do get the hang of it. Not that it'll ever be pleasant for your DH.

Hang in there.

My exercise today was the usual early morning walk with the DH and three dogs and strength training at the gym

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Ruth - we leave the evening of August 31 for an overnight flight, landing in London early early in the morning.  I read that frequent travelers recommend some exercise when you arrive, like go for a quick run or hit the hotel gym, to help adjust to the new time zone.  Nothing heavy-duty, but doing something to get your heart rate up for 30 minutes or so.  That's my tentative plan for now.  Ann - sounds like you've moved to a great place for walking with all the trails and hills.  What fun to explore and find all of them!  Cheryl - not another crazy instructor!!!  But as usual I bet you're the star performer.  Lilac - do make time to take care of yourself, especially exercise and running time.  I used to tell my dh that I needed him to take care of himsellf, saying, "If you don't take care of yourself, then you can't take care of me."

Things are going better with Mikey and the pet sitter - we may have had a breakthrough last evening.  The pet sitter was sitting on the sofa and we all were talking, when Mikey decided to crawl into his lap and lean on his neck, giving him kisses.  He still barked later when the sitter stood up to leave, but at least there's some progress.  I'm going to have to bring back something REALLY nice for the sitter in addition to his fee as he's really going over and above. 

3018 points yesterday - just over goal but at least I didn't have to march around in front of the TV to get there.  2 mile walk this morning.  Only three bunnies!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Lilac, sounds like you are moving forward with purpose.  I'm sorry this is happening to you, and hope that it goes as easy as it can.

Ran for 50/walked for 20 on treadmill.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Lilac: thinking of you and your family.

Badger: I love the fact that you think I can push mow with a mower without an engine! No way could I do that! Our mower is not self propelled but it's still hard for me to push up a hill or heavy grassy areas. It takes over 3 hours to mow the yard with only a push mower. Our riding mower sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. So, mowing is a big PITA to us!

DS is visiting. We woke up this morning and decided to go to the NC zoo today. Our zoo is beautiful and in a rural location. Most of it is in the woods as you walk from habitat to habitat and it felt like we were on a hike with wild animals around us. We didn't know what time it closed and kept wondering why we were the only ones at some of the habitats. Then a park employee drove up to us and said the park was closed! We almost spend the night with the lions! Tongue Out 

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

20 minutes on the spin bike and I had to get off and leave, I've done something to my knee and I'm hoping a couple of days of rest and ice will put me rightFrown, oh and a bowl of ice cream is in my not too distant future.

(((LB))) it's hard but you'll get through this it's the pits, we're here if you need us and if there is anything you guys want from the US just PM me.  Ann the location of your new place sounds fantastic, it's lovely to have trails right outsode your door.  (((Joy))) thinking of you.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Cheryl: Don't forget a nice cup of tea to go along with your ice cream! Hope it's better in the morning.

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Thanks Wonderland, the ice cream was delicious and now it's time for teaWink

• badger
    edited August 2013

Hope your knee feels better soon, Cheryl!  My treat tonight was tiramisu gelato.  Innocent 

Rained most of the day -we needed it- then cleared up and cooled down.  Nice!

Walked after work and logged 6.4 km = 3.98 miles for the day.  ♥ to all

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Tonight dh hauled me out for a bike ride. No time to cook, so the bonus was a nice healthy kale salad for dinner. No treats though :-(

Meeting walking buddy first thing in the am.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

Blues on the beach was divine!  So sorry it was the last one for the season.  And wonderland, I always thought the same way as Badger about you and a push mower!  Had an extremely long day for work yesterday so I am dragging today.  I also ate lots of available food yesterday so my clothes feel a little tight this morning!

Thinking of you Lilac and Joy.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Cheryl - ouch!  Be careful.  A big bowl of ice cream sounds like perfect medicine.

Wonderland - quite a zoo adventure!  I've heard of sleeping with the fishes, but never sleeping with the lions.  To change the words a bit:  A weem-o-weh, a weem-o-weh, hoping the lion sleeps tonight!  Cool

3375 points yesterday.  Pilates DVD this morning plus 10 minutes of hooping.  Off to the cabin for one last weekend before our trip. Should be a nice weekend so we're hoping to do some hiking.  Gotta get ready to be a tourist!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

More random toning and another walk on the fabulous beach.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

90 minutes walking in the park with a buddy.  Lovely day.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Hi all, missed a few days, not sure where I stopped.

today 8/23 - so far only 3151steps/1.19 mi  8/22-6553/2.48 ; 8/21-2012/.76 ; 8/20-8209/3.10; since it's the weekend I should get in a good walk tomorrow at least. 

hbcheryl, I'm kind of backing off, right now, the hip surgery.  I know I need it but the pain is rare and so I just can't get my head around replacing it.  So what if I can't lift the right leg very high, rotate my knee out more than about 5 degrees, put a sock on my foot or tie/buckle a shoe!  Ibuprofen takes care of the pain which usually only happens when I've walked a lot.  I'm just procrastinating because I need to do it while I have decent insurance and not wait until I only have Medicare! (which is not far off)

ruthbru, got the pic of your beach.  I'm jealous - love it!  Nats, give Mikey a growl for me.  Big HI to all, especially the DC crew.  Miss you all.

Night my sculpted friends.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Hello all!

Cheryl, I hope your knee feels better soon. Bet the ice cream helped. Ann, I am envious of all the wonderful trails you have to explore. Wonderland, almost had the zoo to yourselves...haha...Ours is a busy place tonight as the giant Panda just gave birth. Still holding LB & Joy close to heart.....

Aqua jogged for 40 minutes yesterday and did lots of walking today while running errands.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs one mile this morning and another this evening.

• badger
    edited August 2013

Spent all day and most of tonight doing bookwork but took an hour break for a nice evening walk.  Heard some Voices and heeded the call to stretch my legs.  Logged 5.72 km = 3.55 miles.  ♥

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2013

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  I'm functioning, some days it's hard.  cheryl   Your message is so touching, I was crying as I read your words.  Although I've not met any of you (yet) I feel the virtual hugs.  

We are in this BC world together, so easy to get wrapped up with ourselves but let's not forget that bad things happen to others also.

Hiked with friends on Wednesday, it's the only activity that I've had this week.  Just don't have the energy for it.  

LilacBlue  Sending you strength, prayers and love to get through treatment with your DH.  It won't be easy, but you can do it.   

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited August 2013

More (((hugs))) to you, Joy.

I just discovered that I can use the pedometer to measure dance steps. Did at least 10,000 yesterday. May not be that accurate but still a good way to get to a goal. Have also been biking a lot for errands.

• SHEMARIA
    SHEMARIA Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013

Hi Jorf  i know where your coming from    about hot sweats and tamoxifen. I have  been taking it for four years and the sweats seem to be getting worse ,and when you try to exercise it is just terrible.  I wonder if there is anything you can get to help this terrible sweating?   I am also trying to get back to regular exercise but have got rhumatoid arthritis so not easy.   Good to talk pleased to find this site Shemaria.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs a mile this morning, swam some laps and did some water jogging at the neighborhood pool, and then did circuit training at the gym.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

About 35 minutes hooping yesterday and an hour hill hike.  

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Welcome Shemaria!

More toning and my last beach walk (boo hoo). Now we are washing bedding, unplugging thing's, emptying the garbage, and eating all the leftovers. Leave tomorrow morning for the first of three long driving days.

Hugs, especially to Joy and Lilac.