Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited April 2010

Here's my contribution to the baseball nostalgia.  When I was a kid, I lived in Cincinnati for a few years.  If you were on the jr or sr high honor roll, you got pairs of free tickets to Reds games at Crosley Field.  I used to watch the likes of Johnny Bench and Pete Rose, and my sister still swears Rolly Fingers winked at her.  Great memories.

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2010

Mary Louise sorry to hear about your FIL...The good thing is he does not have to suffer anymore. Everyone is doing such a great job. All these DVD's advise are great. I will have to look into them.

Okay so for the weigh in. I lost 8 lbs. 4 in bust Frown 5 1/2 in hips Laughing waist 2inSmile  I was surprised and excited all at the same time. Hired my trainer for 8 more sessions. So worth it! Well tomorrow is my last day for exercise. Then Sunday and Monday off.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2010

Mary Louise I am so sorry for the loss of your FIL I hope that your family finds peace in that his suffering has ended and may memories comfort you in the days ahead.

Cheryl

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2010

Good morning (well, what's left of the morning).  Off to take a walk.  Wishing all a great, moving, weekend.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2010

Mary Louise, a warm hug... and remember that the depth of your pain is a measure of the depth of your love. 

I am in total awe with all everyone does.  I got in a few slow walks this week but had to take it easy.  Yesterday was my last day on restrictions so now I can do whatever my body will let me do!  Hurrah! The less exciting news is that I found out I have hypothyroidism, and that may be part (but probably only a small part) of the reason I'm having trouble losing weight.  I hope to get both the hypothyroidism and the weight under control before long!  

ebann,  WOW!  great work!! I'm impressed!

Ruth, feel better soon!

Time to lace up my walking shoes... have a good weekend, everyone!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2010

Mary Louise sorry for your loss ~ my thoughts are with you.

I went for a long walk yesterday with my two friends and then we made dinner and watched Sex & City dvd's .... fun night!

Now I am going up to the workout room to do my cardio sculpt.....Then off to my sister's 50th B-day party. 

positively, Balsie

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

I have been in San Diego for the last couple of days, my friend who lives in Tennessee has been there on business so I got a mini break and got to hang out. San Diego is such a pretty city and then yesterday afternoon the drive back up the coast was gorgeous.

Did Body Combat class this morning and am about to become the house cleaning fairy. Elizabeth WOW you go girl that is fantastic. My poor Ruth hope you feel better soon. Nature me too with the hypothyroid, wish we had hyper as one of my "gang" has hyper - she eats like a horse and is a size 4 I also agree with the Leslie Sansone DVD it is a terrific low impact workout and like Patoo says, it goes by quickly. Retriever I had to laugh about the kids, that happens in our Body Combat class they come in all full of themselves and leave with their tails between their legs never to be seen again. Balsie sounds like you had a perfect friday night.  Hopefully I'll get out in the garden this afternoon. Take care all and have a great weekend.

Cheryl

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Walked 4 miles.  Getting ready to go food shopping so that should add to my mileage today.

Good going ladies.

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited April 2010

Walked to town and back again--about 5 miles!

It is a totally gorgeous day today!  

Time to wash the floor and then grocery shop.  I'm with you Patoo, adding to my mileage!

Hugs,

Lorrie 

• NatureGrrl
    edited April 2010

Rain, rain, rain here so no walk, but I emptied out a storage area, carried about 40 boxes down to the first floor, and am in the middle of doing laundry (up and down 2 flights of steps), so I hardly feel  like a slacker :)  The boxes will serve as a lymphedema test -- none of them were heavy and I tried to use my right arm more than my left, and I was careful about repetitive movement/strain....  so hopefully I'll be fine! I have chronic pain/discomfort in my left shoulder and I'm not sure if that's lymphedema stage 0 or something else (more stuff to talk with my dr. about) but I do try to take care of it as best I can without just not doing anything.

Feels good to be released to move as I wish, and to not have to worry about my heart! 

Happy dance! :)

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Dancing figure

• rreynolds1
    rreynolds1 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2010

Hi All,

Patoo, what a laugh I had over your post.  Lost 1.4 lbs. today at Weight Watchers.  That's a total of 6 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks.  More important than the lbs. is that I have only missed one day of working out in all that time. Today I did an hour weight/aerobic workout.  I feel great.  Thanks for all your support. 

Roseann

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Great - I'm sure Nature will be happy to share that happy dance with you. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2010
    Love the 'Happy Dance', patoo!!! 8 pounds, Elizabeth! Holy cow, that is great!! And everyone else too. It is inspiring me to give up my cookiefests (or at least cut down on them Tongue out)!!! Today, I slept in, worked on a project for school all morning, went and hung out with my dad for a couple hours in the afternoon, took a nap, worked more on my project until 8:30 pm, was NOT going to exercise.........came here, read all your posts, went down to the basement & did 45 minutes on the treadmill & 15 minutes of various toning 'stuff' while watching the news. So thanks for sending the VOICES! Still kind of tired and blah, so I'm off to bed. Keep up the awesome work! Ruth
  • NatureGrrl
    edited April 2010

patoo, THANK YOU!!  That's perfect! and what a huge smile it gave me!!

Anyone and everyone, feel free to join in!

It's dark here, more rain coming, so I'm going to try to get out before it hits and do a little happy dance with the wildflowers (in the mud!  oh boy!) Smile

~~~~

edited to add:  didn't make it before the rain hit -- another downpour -- looks like there might be some clearing later today.  Meanwhile, maybe it's time I went looking for a DVD to get me through these kind of days!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    Hi ladies, just checking in  quickly. Did an old 60 minute FIRM 'Total Sculpt plus Abs' tape. I am trying to clean the house, so can't linger or will lose my 'enthusiasm' for the project Wink. Later! Ruth
  • Morgan513
    edited April 2010

Ruth--you must be a rock doing all the Firm tapes!  I love them too.

I did a 5k today!  Hurray!  I stunk at it but at least I did it!  I get so motivated by doing races.  I think I am going to find a trainer (if it's not too expensive) and really learn how to run.  I know...put one foot in front of the other really quickly!  But, I thought a trainer or coach could get me past my own self-conscious attitude about it!

Lorrie 

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Hi girls, did a Body Step class this morning and this afternoon went to a garden show and walked/meandered around for a couple of hours. I have to tell you last night I discovered I have muscles in my butt I didn't know were there, this new Body Combat release has really "kicked my butt" ooohhh I'm going to sit on some ice packs tonight.

Lorrie I know that when there are marathons being run groups form to teach you how to run and to do training. Have a great week everyone and let's hope the exercise fairy touches us all with her wand!!

Cheryl

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2010

I'am bad skipped the weekend but am getting my butt into the gym this morning.

• Morgan513
    edited April 2010

Good morning!  I am sitting stiffly in my chair posting that I did kickboxing class this morning.  I am soooo tired.  I am definitely taking tomorrow off to rest my aching bones!!!!!!!!  

I still love that picture Mum!

Lorrie 

• NatureGrrl
    edited April 2010

Lorrie, 5K, woo hoo!!  Good for you!  Some communities have running clubs, I know ours is very welcoming and supportive of even the slowest and beginning-est runners (which I was) -- it was a great way for me to get past being self-conscious of my running status at the time, just another option for you...

I got in a 25 minute walk in my new toners, most of it in the woods but some of it on hard surface... the wildflowers took a beating with all the rain we had this weekend but wild geraniums and phlox were beautiful!

I start on Sythiod tomorrow, hoping it takes the edge off this fatigue!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765
    edited April 2010

I hope you don't mind if I join you.  I've been lurking for a while and love that you all share your exercise.  I'm trying to exercise more as I gain more energy and strength.  I didn't get much exercise in today but, like Lorrie, did a 5k yesterday, it was the susan komen 5K in Lansing Michigan.  I was slow but it felt good to walk that far.  Good luck on the Synthroid Naturegrrl.

Suzette

• patoo
    edited April 2010

Welcome Suz!!  5K, way to go for you and Lorrie.  And proud of all the rest of you who are keeping at it.

Yesterday I signed in and lurked.  Thought I could get away without exercising by just signing back off.  NOT!  Even signed off, the voices came out.  This PC has a mind of it's own so I did get up and do 40 mins on the treadmill to get my day's total up to 3.5 miles.  I'm lazy again tonight as the allergies are still wreaking havoc with me so I'm going to get a bite to eat and then try and make myself workout again tonight. 

Good job my Sculpted sisters.

• Morgan513
    edited April 2010

Welcome aboard Suzette!  Check in often, we are a busy group!

Lorrie 

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited April 2010

Took yesterday off, except for getting the dogs out for about an hour's training.  My legs feel weak.  Also had some muscle soreness from standing in church a long time.  Did some walking today, plus the total gym beginner routine.

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Hello everyone and welcome Suzette.  Great job on the 5ks girls. One hour Body Combat for me tonight, it was hard to get through as my poor old booty was still screaming and my bicep is burning like heck just like the nerves are regenerating again.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2010
    Oh no, I just wrote a LONG post that got deleted somehow Surprised, and now it is late and I need to go to bed. So, welcome to Suzette. Great work all! Had a late meeting so did 45 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes of "Various Toning while Watching the News" moves after I got home. Nightie Night! Ruth
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2010

Hi Ladies - I've been lax in checking in.  I did no formal exercise this weekend, but did do a lot of gardening - all those iris and other plants I dug up from home are now planted up at the cabin.  The cabin is on a mountain with bread-loaf size rocks at the surface, so planting things is an adventure requiring strong shovels and the occasional crowbar.  I have a feeling most of the iris flowers will end up as deer food, but what the heck.  The neighbors in the next property over called to tell us they heard a racket on their front deck one night last week - they looked out and there was a baby bear frolicking on their deck!  SurprisedMama Bear was nearby keeping a watchful eye.  Just another day of the ursine neighbors. 

Yesterday morning I did a 40 minute walk around the neighborhood, then after work I did 30 minutes of step work. I found out that the first 4 songs on Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits CD are exactly 15 minutes and the perfect rythmn for stepping (Rhiannon, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, and Hold Me) so two rounds of that and 30 minutes is done.  (Yes, showing my age, but I still love Fleetwood Mac.) This morning I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the hand bike (I'm having a bit of a LE flare from all the rocky gardening, so I'm wearing compression and trying to gently work out the arm).

Mary Louise - I'm a few days late on this but I'm so sorry about your FIL.  My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.  Nature - hooray on the good cardiac news! Patoo- Love the happy dance! Welcome Suz - where is that in Michigan?  I was born, sort of accidentally (long story), in Battle Creek.  And the rest of you - I'm impressed with all the work you're doing - you make me drag my butt out there knowing all of you are working so hard!

Ruth - Love the story about the Twins game and your dad - I think that goes under the category of "No good deed goes unpunished!"  But I bet once he got home and was over being tired from going to the game, he was really pleased to have gotten to one last game.  Good for all of you for getting him there.  Where is your family in Wisconsin?  My mom grew up in Manitowoc, on the Lake Michigan coast and I spent a lot of time there as a kid - I still get there every few years to see the relatives.

Sorry for the long post - it's taken me a while to catch up! 

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2010

Good morning girls, just wanted to post what my body step teacher posted on facebook last night - "Super excited for BODYSTEP #79 tomorrow...(Layed on a heating pad for most of the day in preparation, Gary worked for me cuz I was a mess)... should be good to go by morning!!! " HUHHHH if she had to have her husband work in their smoothie shop for her while she laid on a heating pad, what is going to happen to me tonightSurprised.  Nats sounds like you had a lovely weekend, bears and deer - you really are in the woods aren't you!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765
    edited April 2010

Thanks for the warm welcomes.  I see my trainer today at 4 pm.  I can only manage a couple of times a month but he usually kicks my butt.  I'll report in later.

Good luck HBCheryl, something doesn't seem quite right about the body step teacher laying on the heating pad all day!

NatsFan, Williamston is a small town east of Lansing.  We're about 5-10 miles from Michigan State University.

Thanks for everyone's inspiration.  I need it to keep the exercise going!