Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited October 2013

Lilac, thinking of you, and Joy too. Congratulations on your son's award!

Zumba this morning.

Cheryl, send me more information on Les Mills in Las Vegas. DH loves to gamble & I could care less....maybe that would be the way we could go to Vegas and both have fun!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited October 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and walked some more this evening without dogs. Also worked out a little with my free weights at home.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2013

Boring Spin class tonight, we had a sub who plays rock music, really, you can't spin to rock mucicFrown

Ruth the dates are all that are up, once they start putting out all the info I'll keep you informed .... Smile

(((LB))) and (((Joy))) thinking of you both.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited October 2013

Out this morning for an hour trail hike with Lucy.  The energy is coming back a little bit at a time, fake it 'til you make it, my new motto.   We've had very cool temps and crystal blue skies - I think we will have an early and cold winter though.  

I'm not keeping up with all of the posts but it's good to hear of everybody's activity.

Thinking of you LB   

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited October 2013

LB, yay for those rays of joy!  Joy, keep faking it!  SAB, I have Argus, too, but I just made the switch to an Android phone and it has another health app built in. DD will get my old phone and the Argus app.  Her phone has conked out from overuse.   Ruth, love the pics. Will post mine so I can get some practice on the new phone.Smile I also want to start walking uphill again to start getting myself in shape for snowshoeing in the mountains.

Walked/ran 2 miles last night, went to Zumba the night before.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Glad you are out walking, Joy! Speaking of early winters, there is a winter storm warning for places west of where I live! And a blizzard warning in SW South Dakota! Cry

I am going in to sub this morning, so will get some workout there.

Heidi, I just started using Facebook (if anybody wants to be my 'friend' just let me know), and you can post pictures right from your phone to your Facebook page & then any picture/cartoon etc. on Facebook, you can pop right over here without going through all the steps by right clicking on the picture, go down to 'properties' at the bottom, copy the whole URL number & past it into the little tree icon right above where you are typing here. (That is why I have been posting so many pictures, I am trying to figure this all out).

Off to fun! Happy Friday!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited October 2013

4 miles this morning and I actually kept my 15.5 pace! I've noticed that I'm feeling stronger. Yay! Hope that it won't take me long to bounce back after my 10/22 surgery. I'm already impatient to recover...lol.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2013

Starting to feel better, slowly but surely. Have actually achieved my goal of more than 3,000 Fuelpoints each day this week, for the first time in two weeks. We have a 5K race scheduled for tomorrow - I'll run what I can and walk when I have to. Temps in the 80's here today!!

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

Mary glad to hear you're doing better. Heidi, hey I'm including you in the LM Las Vegas invite and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos I can only imagine the beautiful Swiss scenery, ummm you know me so some nice shots of the chocolate factory would be appreciated😄. Ruth I saw on GMA this morning the snow in Rapid City, unbelievable seeing as though we are under wind warning, it's hot and the winds whip up the fires, crazy eh!!! Joy no one can imagine how hard it is for you, it's good to get out and breathe the lovely fall fresh air.

I went back to work last night and finished up everything I had on my plate so this morning I went to the gym as they had replaced the Zumba class with a Cardio Dance class, turns out it was Line Dancing it was great fun, and I'm going back later this afternoon there is a girl filming her Body Combat certification video and she needs class participants. Back later.....

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2013

Joy, "fake it til you make it" as long as you need to. Hugs to you as well as Lilacblue and DH.

Hit the gym tonight for incline training on the treadmill plus some weights and toning exercises.

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

Back to the gym and did Body Combat tonight......

• AnnieLane
    edited October 2013

Walked the dogs today.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2013

It's suppose to be hot here today, so I took my walk early this morning. Hoping it will cool by this evening so I can take another mile walk tonight.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

30 minutes of abs last night, 30 each of lower body & upper body this morning. No pictures today as it is dark, gloomy, windy, and rainy (but not snowy, although it is snowing like crazy south and west of here). Bleech!!

For those who have been on this thread for awhile.....I just noticed that one of our former exercise buddies, Ebann, a truly lovely and delightful lady, has passed away.

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

Body Combat class followed by Boot Camp this morning. We are the exact opposite of Ruth it's hot and windy here, a couple of my gym buddies went running on the beach this morning and they said they were sand blasted it is blowing so hard. I also saw about Elizabeth, she was such a lovely woman who absolutely loved her family, I remember the day her granddaughter Aubrey was born she was so excited to become a Grandma it seems she was posting pictures from the delivery room, rest in peace dearest Elizabeth.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2013
    I was also saddened to read of Elizabeth's passing, RIP dear lady. Walked 9.9 km = 6.15 miles since last post. ♥ to all
  • AnnieLane
    edited October 2013

Walked the dogs today and took Zoe, the gimpy, but determined dog who needs extra exercise to keep her from getting stiff (like me) out for some extra mileage after bringing DH and the other two dogs home. Also went to the gym for strength training and stretching.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited October 2013

So sorry to read about Elizabeth.

We have been having really warm weather. Dh and I decided to go to the mountains today and canoe down the New River. It was absolutely gorgeous! The river has very mild rapids and is mostly shallow which is perfect for us. We were doing great during our 10 mile trip until one rapid. We should have gone to the left instead of to the right and next thing we knew we had flipped! Luckily for us the water wasn't cold and also lucky that we had already eaten our sandwiches b/c they would have been ruined.

I'll try to post pictures after I finish letting my camera dry out in a bag of rice!

It was all worth it b/c we had so much fun!!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2013
    Wonderland, sounds like FUN! It rained off & on all day yesterday so I went to the indoor track and walked for 45 mins. Will get out into the chilly morning air and walk my 2.5 mile route in a while.
  • mrtw43
    edited October 2013

Did my walk today around the neighborhood. A little more than a mile

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Had a bunch of things to get done today, so walked on the treadmill right when I got up this morning.

• AnnieLane
    edited October 2013

Had a nice evening walk with the DH and dogs. As usual it is a Three Dog Night here ;)

• mrtw43
    edited October 2013

Went a little too overboard with football munches and 3 beers yesterday. It was worth it, but sadly i Will need multiple walks to work those calories off. Does anyone walk with hand held weights? How long after surgery before you could use them.

• Dulcigirl
    edited October 2013

I don't. I keep them seperate. Actually, since surgery I just use the stretchy bands for some arm resistance. here is something to read and think about before you decide to add weights to your walk:

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/why-walking-with-hand-weights-is-a-no-no-1

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but did go to Body Step class. Mrtw43 don't know if I would use the hand weights, what about ankle ones? I also like the bands as you can loosen them so it's not to much when you start. Annie you are such a god dog Momma taking your gimpy one out for extras, I am going to be house/dog/kid sitting for a friend later this week and they have one really old man who can barely walk but still loves to go so I'm in for some long evening strolls. Have a great week everyone.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2013

I was so sorry to read about Elizabeth. I remember how determined she was to keep exercising as long as she could.

Wonder - I've heard about canoeing and rafting down the New River - it sounds like it's a great as I've heard. mrtw - are you a Terps fan? That was a nasty game - nothing like getting pummeled by the evil archenemy Florida State!

For the newbies - be careful working out with exercise bands if you've had nodes removed and you're just starting out. You can't control the resistance as finely with bands as you can with hand weights, so it's easier to inadvertently put more stress on the arm that you should and possibly trigger lymphedema. Start out slowly with light hand weights - like one pound - and do very few reps. If you don't notice any signs of swelling, a heavy feeling, or other unusual feeling after a couple of weeks, then increase weight and reps slowly. You may want to avoid using resistance bands until you've built up a good bit of strength and can compensate for the irregularity of the tension. For newbies who have had one or more lymph nodes removed and haven't seen the exercise docs from Step Up Speak Out (a website all about lymphedema prevention and care), here's a link to a document on developing a safe exercise program: http://www.stepup-speakout.org/Handout%20doc%20for%20SUSO-040113.pdf

Did a 5K run for Men Against Breast Cancer Saturday morning - it's a group for men who are caring for women they love who have breast cancer - their wives, sisters, mothers, etc. I'm still not 100% after being sick and it was in the 70's and humid at race time, so I did my worst 5K time ever, but I finished. It hit 90 degrees (!) both days this weekend, so we spent the rest of Saturday by the pool swimming and lounging. I'm glad we hadn't closed it for the season yet. Yesterday we spent most of the day at the Renaissance Festival. I've never gone before and it was wonderful - so much fun. The midway-type games were certainly different that your standard county fair games - things like ax throwing, crossbow shooting, bow and arrow shooting, etc. It was Irish weekend, so we saw some wonderful award-wining Irish dancers and some fabulous Celtic musical groups. We did lots of walking around so got in good exercise. Came home around 3 and hit the pool for another couple of hours. Weather is changing now - storms and cooler weather, so I guess our late summer is finally over.

Took a 30 minute walk this morning - a 3-bunny morning. I've exceeded my Fuelpoints goal every day since Wednesday, so it feels good to get back to regular exercise.

• Dulcigirl
    edited October 2013

Chilly 3 mile walk this morning. Should take about 4 more of those today to make up for my weekend.... ;-)

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited October 2013
    Ran a 5k yesterday and booked in at the gym for 3 days of classes this up coming week. Life is a trudge and getting on with it.

Have a great start to the week (((Everyone)))!
  • SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited October 2013

Finally can report a lovely yoga class and a walk.

• AnnieLane
    edited October 2013

Walked the dogs and did weight training. Trying not to stress eat. Does pacing count as exercise? My daughter is in labor in Des Moines, Iowa. I just switched my flight up there from Sat. to Thurs. of this week. If it weren't for my darn job I could go sooner.