Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2013
    Walked around town leaf peeping for 90 minutes this afternoon, what a perfect fall day. Logged 9.16 km = 5.69 miles.
  • claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2013

Did a 30 mile group ride today. Was tired, but was also just fine. Didn't want to do 15-16 mph though. So 70 miles for the weekend. Right now, I have Puttanesca sauce simmering. Made the real deal, and in a swoon from the amazing scent. Not at all the same if someone else makes it. I added in some wild mushrooms from the market that I needed to use up. Great add, and I have fresh ones for anything else that could benefit.

Busy week ahead, and so glad to be recovered from my journey.

Will freeze the leftover sauce....will be divine about February. Trees here are starting to be glorious. I just LOVE this season. - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2013

Good going Dulcigirl, it's nice to hear of a BC event that puts the money toward medical research. Love that cartoon Ruth.

Hiked for an hour tonight. Days are getting shorter. That's how we notice Fall here in So Cal without many colorful leaves.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2013

Was doing fine till Wednesday's yoga class, but started feeling sick again during class. I was shaky and trembling at the end, and knew I was in trouble. Sure enough, I was sick as a dog Thursday and Friday. I'm getting sick of being sick! Went up to the cabin Friday night and slept like a log, and felt a bit better Saturday, so was able to run a 5K run in Gettysburg for the local YWCA BC support group. I was slow, but did manage to run the whole way without walking, and finished 8th out of 14 in my age group - not bad for not feeling 100%. The rain held off just enough for the race, then came down the rest of the weekend. It was perfect weekend to lie around and do nothing but recover, and hopefully I've finally managed to shake off this bug!

The 5K route was right next to the Gettysburg National Military Park - it made me so sad to see the park entrances blockaded off because of the shutdown. Then on the way back to the cabin we passed the entrance to Catoctin National Park (where Camp David is) - again all blockaded off. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

BTW, what happened to all the smiley emoticons here on BCO? I miss them - suddenly they weren't there anymore!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited October 2013

Did an hour of target toning with Denise Austin.

Natsfan, hope you are finally on the mend! The smileys got lost in an 'upgrade' (I can't see what in the world was upgraded this time), and they are still looking for them. I am complaining about their lack on a regular basis at Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2013

Did a Sh'bam class this morning. Heading off to San Diego this afternoon for the Chargers game.

Nats hope you finally get rid of the bug it really has knocked you about, and I hope Camp David was closed he needs to be at his desk working, along with the rest of the bleep bleep bleeps!!!! I feel so bad for everyone who has planned trips only to find everything closed, funny they have enough money to pay themselves, now I'll get off my soapbox (I miss the smilyes too but I know they'll be back once everything technical is worked out)

• NatsFan
    edited October 2013

Actually, I was thinking Obama needs to drag the Dems and Repubs up to Camp David, away from the cameras and microphones and the talk show echo chamber. Maybe if they didn't spend so much time preening in front of the cameras, they might work something out. After all, it worked when Jimmy Carter brought Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin up there for private negotiations. If Egypt and Israel could find common ground while at Camp David, the Dems and Repubs should be able to do the same. I also feel bad for people who planned trips - while we were running next to Gettysburg, we saw lots of RVs going by, leaving the area. There's nothing else around that area except Gettysburg, so there's no other reason for a lot of RVs to be there except to visit the Park. And they were all heading out of town. It's really harming the local businesses all over the US which depend on National Parks tourism. :::desperately missing the yelling emoticon:::

Have fun at the Chargers game! Hate to say it, but dh is rooting for the Colts tonight - if they win, he wins our office football pool this week - a whole $20 is at stake!

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

well the only reason I'm going is Hannahs ex (shhhh who I still stay in contact with) works for them and he sent me tickets, apparently they are really good tickets I don't have a clue.......

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Muscular men running around in tight pants.......that's all you need to know ;)

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

I have to share one thing: I have been going through piles of paperwork today.....way back to my college transcripts.....and came across a note from a student (it was Thanksgiving so they must have had an assignment to write a thank you note to someone): "I am thankful for you as my teacher, because without you how am I suppose to learn about history?" So sweet!

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

Ruth sometimes I just wish we had a "like" button, that is so sweet and thanks for the "heads up" off to San Diego I go now....

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited October 2013

Ruth: What a precious fine! I know you cherish it.

Mary: Maybe you need to return to the doctor??? Wishing you healing.

Cheryl: A big ^$$ hawk out of now where would scare the bleep out of me also! Have fun at the game.

Hello Everyone! Just returned from my walk. I just love the smell of fall!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2013

Did half an hour on the Elliptical tonight plus limited weights.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited October 2013

Walked to the drugstore and worked out with free weights. Walking up and down lots of stairs too in my daughter's 2 story house with a finished attic & basement.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2013

Annie Lane, that is a 4-story house! And I think I get tired of the one staircase I have. Cute note, Ruth. Cheryl I hope you enjoyed the game. I am as ever ignorant of the SD sporting events. Mary I hope you get fully recovered soon. Kudos to you for doing the 5k anyway and coming in 8th in your group.

Hooped to a Bjork CD tonight. I'm still sore and creaky from yesterday's hike.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Did Zumba, Core, and Pilates today. Once I got started, I just couldn't stop! I will walk tomorrow morning & sub in my old classroom in the afternoon, so it will be a really fun day.

• odie16
    edited October 2013

Did a walk/run workout on the treadmill tonight plus some toning and weights.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2013

I am laying low today as achy and tired from the cycling/running. Thinking a minor flu shot reaction too....why do I never remember this??? So a walk plus my normal weekday routine. Work can wait until tomorrow.

I do have a major project coming up on top of my nonprofit work. Learned that from my client. Plus have the next few weeks of nonprofit work squared away.

Looking forward to next weekend which should be splendid so planning one of my favorite long rides.

I LOVE this season....wore my red knit cashmere skirt today. Hoping for new boots soon, but my old ones work fine. I think soup time next week.....love that too.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful evening. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

Ruth you really are turning into me :). Tonight did Body Jam class, now my knees feel locked up, I've also walked the dogs around the neighborhood enjoying all of the Halloween decorations, people around here go all out.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2013

It was such a nice day that I took two walks, combined i probably logged 3 miles.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited October 2013

Worked out with free weights.

• NatsFan
    edited October 2013

I forget who else was a Biggest Loser fan - Cheryl I know you are. What do you think of this year's group so far? Just from the first episode I like this group, and the trainers seem more positive and almost playful at times this year as well. I think Jillian was smart to use up her save right away - now it's gone so the contestants won't have that in the back of their minds each week. I knew Bob was going to pick the Olympic weightlifter - he likes working with professional athletes.

Claire - I hope you feel better. From what I've read, if you have some mild aches/pains after getting the flu shot, that means that it's working and your body is creating antibodies, so you should be good to for the rest of winter. Ruth - she's the Cheryl of North Dakota!

I'm easing back into activity - I want to make sure I finally shake off this bug! Been doing some walking with Mikey - he's been quite pleased with that. It's been nice weather this week, so I also did a quick half hour run yesterday after work. Lunchtime yoga today at work. 3153 Fuelpoints Monday, and 3947 yesterday. Happy Hump Day Everyone!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited October 2013

Got to step class at the gym this morning. Today marks half-way point of DH's tx. Yay ! :^)

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited October 2013

LB, that is a big Milestone! Celebrate!

I want to be the Cheryl of Switzerland but I am usually rushing to get out of the gym. I will have to plan my gym times better.

Did Zumba last night at the gym and will probably do some kettlebells today.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Walked with my Walking Wednesday ladies......then had pumpkin pancakes at Perkins......probably a net gain in the calorie department....

Rebels with a cause!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Add two hours of yard work to my total.

• odie16
    edited October 2013

Mary, 

I am the other Biggest Loser fan and agree it looks like it will be a great group. I like that the trainers had input in picking their teams and agree about the save use. Best not to have as an excuse when things get harder. 

Claire, hope you feel better with some rest. Got mine today so my arm is a touch sore but still better than getting the flu. 

Lilacblue, halfway? Wishing you and your hubby smooth sailing the rest of the way. Hopefully it will all be behind you and just a bad memory soon. Still sending gentle hugs to you and Joy.

Did a shorter workout today as it is my wedding anniversary. 14 years and we still like each other... (insert smiley face with tongue sticking out)       30 minute incline training on the treadmill plus weights. 

Happy Wednesday everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying some of the beautiful Fall weather!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2013

Glad I got out this past weekend because the weather has turned with the leaves.  Highs in the 50's and patchy frost overnight.  Time to get a pumpkin for the front porch and hang up the big hairy black & orange spider.  That's the extent of my Hallowe'en decor.  Walked at lunchtime MT&W.  Moving to new office at the end of the month.  There's a gym and locker room with showers, so like odie will have the luxury of being able to work out at work. 

LB glad to hear DH (and you) halfway through tx, odie happy anniversary, Mary hope you kick that bug soon and give Mikey a pat for me, feel better soon Claire I get my flu shot next week, Ruth always love seeing your smiling face especially with a group of well-exercised women, Joy thinking of you, and hey to Wonderland, Cheryl & patoo.  ♥ to all

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

I am pretty excited, because tomorrow I get to brush my tooth again!!!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited October 2013

Ruth, great pic again. Everyone Looks so happy! (Except the shadow taking the Picture.) I must say just seeing Pictures of People exercising gives me a boost. My all-time favorite is Claire finishing Seattle to Portland.

Odie, happy wedding anniversary! Badger and Odie, what a luxury to have a gym at work.

Did Zumba again as I got too lazy to lift anything. My back is starting to feel it so I have to do something today.