Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

Back from vacation and while it was nice to get away, it's good to be home.  Walked every morning and loved the 70-degree mornings.  The 85-degree afternoons, not so much!  Logged 46.03 km = 28.6 miles walked.

Happy belated birthday Mary and congrats Cheryl on farewell to Letrozole.  Happy New Year to all.  ♥

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Woohooooo WW, welcome home Badger hope you had a nice visit with your Mom. Why don't they ever ask me to be included in the chocolate studies Happy

I'm a York girl as well, my friends are from Harrogate so that's where I always go when I'm in the UK, can't tell you how many hours I've stood on and reunions I've had on York station, how many times I've walked the wall or visited the minster, and they have a couple of the best museums I've been to and of course the very best part .... Betty's.  For the uninitiated Betty's is a tea shop that has incredible cream cakes sighhhhhh.

Yesterday I did a Sh'bam and Cardio dance class yesterday and did Spin class this morning and a 3 miles walk in the park this afternoon with my friend and her baby (then we had tea and cookies together).

As Mary and Ruth have said gaining your friendships has been the gold (definitely not silver) lining out of all this, I am grateful that BCO brought us all together and how wonderful must Dr Weiss feel to know that she has started a service that helps so many women not only in the US but all over the world and because of her how many friendships have been forged.

Wishing you all the very best for 2014.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Love the caption Ruth. So true. Definitely consider you ladies a silver or gold lining and am grateful for the friendship. Wishing  for peace, prosperity, happiness and good health for all of us in 2014. 

Went to the gym today to close out the year on a good note. Completed 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus weights and some toning. 

And way to go Warrior Woman.!!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Just a little light snow shoveling today. Dinner out with friends and then played Catch Phrase until midnight.  Here's to an awesome 2014!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Oh, you Workout Wonders... I love reading this thread, even though I don't participate.

(In fact, I've been banned from exercising until  we find out what's going on with my spine...)

But the motivation and inspiration here is awesome... and as soon as I can, I want to come back and post something - ANYTHING - that I've done that counts as exercise. At least I keep moving - I'm not a couch potato. But hopefully I'll get some answers in the next few weeks.

Happy New Year, Ladies - and thanks for the inspiration!!!!

xoxo

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2014

We got 5" overnight and snowplow just went through so a round of Shovel & Sculpt is in my future.

Happy New Year my Sculpted Sisters!  ♥ to all

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

We're expecting snow tomorrow.  I have a great excuse for not shoveling but it does mean making sure to get other there for the fresh air today.  I'll do a short run and a pack walk with the dogs.  I like Ruth's advice and I am writing a 2014 story with a powerful victory, a new grateful life perspective and renewed appreciation for all of my blessings.  

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

Biked 10 miles. ThumbsUp

Rather than making resolutions I am creating a log book. I took the free pocket calendar from my oncologist's office and am recording the miles I ride this year. I also recorded my weight and measurements on day 1. 

I'm looking forward to seeing my totals next year!  

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    edited January 2014

Happy New Year, Ladies.  I have been working my way back into exercise since finishing chemo end of August and rads end of October and I think I'm finally up to a more daily exercise plan.  I recognize a few of you from the Wednesday Weigh-In!  I've been reading a lot of the primal/paleo books and websites, so my fitness goal this year is to go more primal on my fitness - a little strength training, a few sprints now and again and then just move more overall and have fun doing it. 

Mother Nature has provided me with my exercise today.  I think we had about 7 or 8 inches of snow on the drive so I ran the snowblower for about 30 minutes, shoveled by hand part of the deck for about 10 and walked my dog for 20 minutes.  It's still snowing so I'll probably be doing that routine again.

Dulci I do a log too.  I used to keep track on my wall calendar but when I started tracking my diet, I now put everything in a notebook - how much I weighed, how much I exercised, what I ate and how much water I drank.  I can go back and see how much exercise I've done for the week.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

I sure didn't feel like doing it but once I forced myself on to the treadmill I was able to push myself a lot harder than I thought I had the energy for.  I might have had a little too much bubbly last night. 

Happy New Year everyone. 

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Blessings - bless you for your continuing to play the part of cheerleader in the school play!  It must be extremely frustrating to be so limited and not know the cause(s) of your troubles for sure.  I pray your doctors get to the bottom of things and you can get resolution to your spinal issues soon.

Journaling intake and exercise is an excellent plant.  I lost over 50 pounds with Weight Watchers nearly 10 years ago and the food journaling was a key tool.  I've gained nearly 40 of those pounds back, dammit, and intend to revisit WW to help me with weight loss again.  I've fallen back into the bad habit of eating what I want, when I want, and as much as I want, but with a little more planning and conscious effort I fully intend to be successful with this goal in 2014!

Happy New Year everyone!  May 2014 be a year of love, laughter and contented life for all of us!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Lisa Jayne, without tracking WW points online, I find that my weight inevitably creeps back up. I'm finally back down below goal and want to make sure I weigh in at least once a month as a lifetime member so I can continue to use the E-Tools free. Even though they do give you some advice about healthy eating at meetings, they don't have rules about what you can and can't eat, so I just take the occasional advice with a grain of salt if I don't agree with it. I find that I can eat low carb, or gluten free or mostly vegan or whatever, and any of those eating plans can still work with tracking WW points.

I do like the idea of keeping a little log book for exercise. I've done that in the past and it's great for accountability and a sense of accomplishment. 

TwoHobbies, I've read a little about Paleo ideas about fitness and some of it makes sense to me. I've tried to work on the "Eastern Squat" and some sprinting. Want to do more in 2014. I'm proud to say that I've worn out a good pair of running shoes in the last year and a half (although I mostly wore them out by walking.) 

Sadly, I have to work today,Scared and as usual, that will be a lot of sitting down, but I don't have to start until 3 PM so we'll walk the dogs before then. 

Happy New Year Ladies! You all are such wonderful encouragers!

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Annie, may I ask what kind of dogs you have?

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Marple, we have a Vizsla and a French Brittany, who are both 8 years old. The 3rd is a loveable mutt who I brought home from the shelter two years ago on New Years Eve. She's probably almost 3 yrs old now. She had been horribly abused and was scheduled to be put down because she was so afraid of people she was deemed un-adoptable. I brought her home to foster and we fell in love with her. She weighs about 50 lbs and our vet thinks she has a lot of Australian Shepherd in her and maybe some Rottweiler. She has some strong herding instincts. My experience with her and with health problems with our purebreds has convinced me that any dogs we get in the future will probably be mixed breed rescues.

Back on page 567 of this forum, I posted a photo of our 3 dogs crashed on their beds after a walk. On page 569, there's a pic of our French Brittany.

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Lovely animals Annie.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

Annie....she might be a Kelpie.  Another dog from Australia, but my mother's Kelpie mix (they think) also looked part Rottweiler.  Anyway, Dixie was the most amazing dog, and truly loved my mother.  She never got over my mother's death, but she did have an amazing life with my friend Kathy.

I am dragging this AM from a bit of over-celebration.  I suspect I have a bit of company.

Anyway, wishing everyone here a Happy (and energetic) 2014!  Lots going on with me....a move and much work in the pipeline.  All this is good.

Will do a run later today.  I don't think I want to do a ride, but I do need to get primed for tomorrow.  Plus get a jump on things later today.

But off to the bath first. - Claire

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

AnnieLane - I just PMd you.

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Forgot to add...did my plank! I'm sticking to 60 seconds a few times a day for a while.

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

3 mile run and 2 mile pack walk with my dogs.  This is the first time I was able to take the dogs out since my surgery a month ago.  They were so excited.  My one dog used to run with me everyday and she has been depressed this month.  I love Brittanies btw.  Maybe in another week I will try to run with her again.  Happy

• Marple
    edited January 2014

What a great big step WW.  Nice to find some semblance of normal again.  It takes time.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Sweetandspecial - SillyHeartSillyHeartSillyHeart

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Blessings, exercising in spirit surely counts!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Get the mind in the right place & the body will eventually be forced to follow.

I did an hour of spot toning with Denise Austin today...and shivered a lot, that has got to burn off some calories, right?

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Blessings as you're on restriction you have been elevated to head cheerleader ThumbsUp 

Did a 5 mile beach walk today, it was foggy but still in short sleeves and flip flops, sorry Badger, Ruth and the rest of you in the cold Sad

The float that I worked on took the International trophy in the Rose Parade, I am very proud of my leaf glueing abilityWinking

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Congratulations on the float, Cheryl, that is very cool!

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Bonus exercise: shoveling snow off the ice and skating for a while in a goofy hat. (12 degrees!) 

AKA "Why pay for a gym membership in MI?"

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

So much to catch up on!

Mary: Happy Belated Birthday! We're the same age.

Cheryl: That's cool that you got to help with a float and even cooler that it won an award!

Blessings: Sorry about your restrictions but being a cheerleader will be fun and entertaining. 

Ruth: Hope your eye is looking better. You told me you looked like a convict when you didn't have hair. You needed your red eye then to really play the part!

Badger: Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, even with the hot afternoons.

Joy: Sending good thoughts your way.

To all new ones here: Welcome!

To everyone in the cold and snow: stay warm!

Hello Everybody and Happy New Year! I want to thank each and everyone of you for being a HUGE part of my life. I feel very fortunate to have met some of you wonderful ladies and feel like I know the rest of you, even though we haven't met in person. Thanks for your motivation, laughs, stories, and friendship.

I've been pretty okay with my exercise through the holiday but I'm afraid I may get a cavity with all the sweets I've been eating. I started the new year off with putting up Christmas decorations and then going for a walk/run with dh. No snow here yet - we're suppose to have rain tomorrow. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

Dulcigirl: Love your picture! 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

How about this?