Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

Rode 11 miles and am halfway done with my stairs thingy. Doing both today to pay for last night's Corn Dog Casserole. 

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Good photos Claire and Ruth, perfect! Thanks for the history of Hell Dulci and Heidi, I'm in your corner with fingers and toes crossed

Body balance this afternoon and freestyle step tonight.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Gym closed early today and isn't opening until 7:30am tomorrow so no walk/jog for me in the morning.  My tentative plan is to still get up early and pop a P90X dvd in - there are several that I've never tried and I figure God wants me to give it a whirl!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

Great background on 'Hell', Dulci!

They cancelled school here today, and other things too, including exercise classes at the YMCA (happy about the first, bummed about the second). Back downstairs to the treadmill, Pliates Challenge, and Cardio Dance Party.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Cheryl , hope your foot feels better soon. Heidi, fingers crossed for you. Love the picture Ruth as well as the story of "Hell". Agree with Mary that while it is ridiculously cold here, we have nothing on ND or WI so I will refrain from whining about the weather. Hope hubby makes progress by leaps and bounds Mary.

Went to the gym after work today for 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus weights. 

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

5k snowshoe in deep powder snow today. 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Heidi fingers. toes and eyes crossed for you and also a (((hug)))   Mary I think you may have hit on a grand idea ... I should get a cast put around my belly, when it comes off on six weeks perhaps it would be smaller Shocked all kidding aside I hope his PT goes well, tell Mark that  I've heard that shoveling snow is very good PT Winking Nihahi the pictures didn't post, I don't know what's going on but if I post from my ipad they come in sideways too, strange.  Dulci I've never heard of corn dog casserole but mmmm sounds really good to me. Loved the Hell picture and story, too funny.  Thanks for all the well wishes I ice'd and hot packed my foot and took ibuprofen and this morning it was much better and miraculously when I started dancing in Sh'bam it didn't bother me at al, I was shocked!!!!

So as I say this morning I dd Sh'bam and tonight did a Body Pump class and then I went for a massage ahhhhh I feel floppy........

Everyone vortexing I hope you are all safe and warm

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2014

Great pix Claire, LOL at Hell freezing over, and Ruth new avatar! ThumbsUp

Got my fingers crossed for you, HeidiHill.

Mary, hope your hubby heals fast.

Cheryl, glad your foot is feeling better.

It's so cold here that schools were cx yesterday and again today.  City didn't pick up trash yesterday.  Thankful for people who have to work outside, doing critical jobs like fixing water main breaks.

Sorry to say no exercise yesterday, came home and DH had supper ready.  We ate and I crashed on the couch.  Date night tonight!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

hbcheryl - I'm jealous.......I soooooo miss Body Pump!  I was a faithful 3x a week Body Pumper and then my gym quit doing the class for lack of participation.  That class kept me so nicely toned and as buff as possible at my age!  I haven't found anything to replace it that works with my schedule Sad

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Got to body balance this morning. Too much rain and wind to have a decent run.

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

12 mile bike ride (inside of course)

I need an ice-covered, teeth chattering emoticon.

VERY thankful we have not lost power!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Ruth & Dulci - Love the Hell pic and backstory.  Heidi - 5 sticks to get the needle in - how awful!  That happened to me at my last colonoscopy - after 5 sticks I was in tears, and they also had to call the anesthesiologist to put in the needle.  A few blood draws ago a tech had trouble, so she took a towel and soaked it in warm water, then wrapped around my elbow.  Voila - a few minutes later she was able to hit a vein.  Seeing that, I bought some of those hand warmer packets.  Now, about half an hour before a blood draw, I'll activate the packet and put it on the inside of my elbow, securing it with an ace bandage.  By the time they're ready to do the draw, the veins there have warmed and expanded and are much easier for the tech to hit.  Hoping for great results on the scan.  Cheryl - glad the foot is doing better - take care of it! 

3 degrees here - Mikey is NOT happy about this turn of events at all.  Fortunately he will use papers in times of emergency.  Pilates DVD this morning, and I brought workout clothes to hit the treadmill tonight.  Haven't planked for a week or so and tried this morning - I'd been up to 100 seconds, but barely made 60 today.  Geez, you lose it fast!Devil

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

Did the treadmill.  Uninspiring but happy I did it.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

I was off today and wanted to make the most of it. I went to WW for my monthly weigh-in, then went and bought some new running shoes. DH and I walked the dogs and I jogged for about another mile. Then it was nice to go to the gym without any time constraints. I usually go on my lunch break. I did upper and lower body weight training, spent a leisurely 20 minutes on the elliptical while reading a book on my kindle, then did some stretching in the jacuzzi, where it was much easier to work on my painful right shoulder's range of motion. 

It's still cold for us here, but no complaints. I am ever mindful of my daughter, son-in-law and three little grandchildren in Iowa and my brother and his family in Nebraska. Scared

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

It was sunny and a balmy -2 today. Nothing was cancelled so I happily went off to my YMCA Core and Pilates classes, which felt great (the pilates teacher just got back from spending a couple weeks in Hawaii and brought us all sand dollar necklaces, so sweet of her!).

The rest of the day has been spent undecorating the house....that is depressing, everything looks so BLAH when the decorations and lights are put away..... 

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

45 minutes of yoga and some core stuff today. Surgery tomorrow, so other than some yoga, probably not much else. OR time isn't until 3:25pm, but have to be npo after midnight tonight....I'll have the energy of a slug tomorrow!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Good luck tomorrow, nihaha!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Thanks Ruth.....I know I have a lot of people in my pockets, and I really trust my PS.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Wishing you the best tomorrow Nihahi.

Went to the gym today and walked/ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes plus weights and some toning exercises. Start weight watchers tomorrow with the ladies at work. 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

O.K. Sculpted Sisterhood, here is something fun for your consideration!

IMPORTANT/FUN INFORMATION! PLEASE READ!

What? California Dreaming! A group of us have been talking about and are now planning a California get-together this summer, and we would like to invite YOU to join us.

Who? Anybody who is flexible, likes to have fun, and doesn't mind an extended slumber party!    

When? The first week of June.....this is what we have so far......

May 31 (Saturday)-Ruth & Badger are flying to Cheryl's in Huntington Beach for a few days of fun in the sun. 

June 2 (Monday) there is the opportunity to take a class with Eduardo!!!!

June 3 (Tuesday) we'd like to put together a lunch or dinner with some of the Southern California BCO ladies.....other activities TBA.

June 3 (Tuesday)-Patoo is flying out to join us.

June 4 (Wednesday) We'll rent a car and drive up the beautiful California coast; maybe do lunch in Big Sur, then a little sightseeing in Carmel and stay overnight in Monterey.

June 5 (Thursday)- Drop off the car and meet up with Natsfan in San Francisco. Badger's mom has graciously offered to let us use her time share at the Wyndham Hotel for our accommodations June 5-8.

June 5-7 (Thursday-Saturday) enjoy the sights and sounds of San Francisco (Alcatraz, a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, cable cars etc. etc. and maybe meet up with some of the Northern California BCO ladies).

June 8 (Sunday)- Ruth, Badger, Patoo, Cheryl fly home. Natsfan's DH will be joining her (and anyone else who might be interested) for some more SF fun & a Nationals-Giants baseball game Monday night (hotel arrangements would need to be made if you decided to extend your stay, Natsfan has a good recommendation for a hotel that is cheap and near the ballpark).

Check your schedules. If you are interested in all, or any part of the trip, let us know. We will PM you & get you on the 'wish we all could be California girls' e-mail list.Happy

• hbcheryl
    edited January 2014

Yes please come join us, we are a fun bunch Happy Best wishes for tomorrow Nihahi.  S&S Beachbody sells an at home version of Body Pump it's called Les Mills Pump but it's danged expensive because not only do you get the DVDs but you get the bar and all the weights too, and my Sh'bam instructor Jericho is a featured prominently in them, oh and today I am really feeling my legs - all those squats and lunges!!! Mary you'll build back up but isn't it amazing how quickly you 'lose' it. Ruth I put away all my decorations on Sunday and yes it's depressingly boring now in the living room, I think I should redecorate in red it was so festive with garland and poinsettias everywhere.

Tonight did Body Step class, I don't know about everyone else's gym but mine is crowded and lots of new people in class tonight it was great.

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Helppppp! I just came across a thread titled: Beware: Athletes who choose reconstruction may regret it. The discussion is focused on the inability to return to previous levels of athletic ability after reconstruction using tissue expanders because of the changes to the pectoral muscles. As a runner and moderate weight lifter this really frightened me. If there is anyone here who has had the same surgery and has resumed their physical activity without impairment please post. I need the reassurance. I am hoping the complications are more the exception than the rule.  Dulcigirl - Come through for me again!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Nihahi - good luck - check in when you can to let us know how you are - we'll all be thinking of you.

Yes, come to California for sun, fun, and Sculpted Sisters!  As Cheryl and Ruth say, we are a fun bunch - it's always great to meet other Sculpted Sisters in real life!

I also took down the decorations inside this weekend, but the lamppost is still wrapped with garland and lights - I am NOT going out there in sub-freezing weather to take down those decorations! 

30 minutes running on the dreadmill last night, and 30 minutes elliptical this morning. 

• Marple
    edited January 2014

(((Nihahi)))

Ladies, your get together sounds like it will be a blast.  What a grand idea.

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Nansfan, calling it the dreadmill, LOVE IT.

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Warrior,

I do not do a lot of upper body. And each of us has a different experience. So this is just me! It took me a good long while after my first exchange. I hated the way the pec muscles felt when doing moves like closing the back hatch on our mini SUV. For a variety of reasons I had a revision to smaller implants. (You can read my drama on the pic forum if you are super bored and need something to put you to sleep...) They have made me feel more comfortable physically and emotionally. I feel now (3 months out) that I am back to being me. My arms are not as strong as they used to be, yet, but I feel capable of doing everything I did before. I do not know how rockclimbers, etc. might be affected. Because of shoulder/hand issues I have not done pushups, etc in years anyway. I am just starting to use some resistence bands for arm work. There are some motions that still feel a bit odd because of the muscle squeezing the implant, but it does not hurt. 

I hope that helps a bit! 

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Yes, thanks Dulci.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

Love the Hell stories. Twohobbies, LOL on trying to remember the things you'll do. Good luck tomorrow, nihahi! Thanks for the tip, Mary, and to all for the finger workouts!

They found a benign vascular tumor on my kidney and I will need to have it surgically fixed it seems. The tumor board will get to deliberate on it this week, so will know more next week. Now my at risk arm is swelling. but my doctor says it should "wash away" in a few days.  It meaning the contrast agent, I guess. I'm really glad I remembered to tell them not to stick me in that arm or it could be worse.

It was a sub for Zumba last night and it was not the same. But I still broke a sweat.

I'll have to look into that California meet-up. Sounds like so much fun! Plus I have a cousin I can visit in Napa Valley.

• hbcheryl
    edited January 2014

Yeah Heidi sorry you have to have the surgery but 'benign' is the the loveliest word you can hear at a doctors appointment. Yes please look into coming I'll come to LAX to pick you up and I'll even get you to a Jam class Winking

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Btw, Hell was mentioned on our evening news last night!!  It was a cute segment.