Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

(((Heidi)))

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

photo from showshoe of a couple days ago. 

30 minutes of yoga this morning.....heading in soon to hospital....so thirsty I can hear my ears ringing!!!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, wishing you all the best, Heidi, hope the arm goes down sooner and pleased the tumor is benign.  Hell made the front page of one of the newspapers here! Oh yes Cheryl, lots of newbies and by March for many it will have worn off.  Sounds like a great time planned for the up coming gathering.

Busy gym morning - 3 classes, freestyle step, legs, bums & tum and body balance. 

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Treadmill done.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Heidi, glad your report had the 'benign' word included, and I hope your poor, beat up arm feels better soon. Come on the trip (although those of us going to Cheryl's will have to be careful, or she'll wear us out before we ever get to SF).

Nihahi, hope you are doing well.

Warrior, I can't answer your questions, but hopefully some more ladies with that experience will chime in.

My Wednesday ladies met at the 'civic center' and walked indoors (18 below and icy outside). Here we are, not surprisingly, by the concession stand.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

I have to add this picture because of the sign.......doesn't sound very hospitable to me!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

Did my basement stairs routine 40 times. 

Pausing the planks til I get the shoulder resolved. :-(

More shoveling tomorrow when our "heat wave" arrives!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Warrior - what Dulci said.  The pecs do feel really strange when you use them, especially at first.  Not painful, just weird.  I've pretty much gotten used to that by now.  It still feels different but that's just my new normal now.

Heidi - great news that the tumor is benign - yay!!  Is it major surgery to remove it or can it be done laproscopally (sp?)??  Hope your fat arm resolves soon!

Ruth - great photos! 

Whoever's in charge of the California Dreaming trip, I'm interested.  Keep me in the loop, k?

Nihahi - good luck girl. I hope everything goes well for you!

Dulci - that stair routine is a great idea and sounds like it's really working for you.  Maybe I'll work up a 'basement stairs challenge' for myself similar to the plank challenge.

Love to all

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Lisa Jayne, I sent you a PM.

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Sweet&Special - I can live with weird.  I've been weird my entire life.  :)

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

As much as I would love to join you all in CA, my oldest granddaughter is graduating from high school on May 31 and I wouldn't miss that for the world. Wish I could be in two places at once!

For those who haven't heard this story, a few weeks after my lumpectomy, my granddaughter was diagnosed with a rare phyllodes breast tumor. It wasn't malignant, but those tumors grow so fast they can take over the whole breast and break through the skin in a very short time. They are extremely rare in anyone under 40 and she was 16 at the time. So there I was going through chemo, trying to tell my 16 year old granddaughter what a lumpectomy would be like. And then she had to have three of them before she got clear margins! She is such a champ. She handled the whole thing with such grace, strength and maturity. Two months after her last surgery she went on a mission trip to Kenya. Now she is a National Merit Scholar! 

You can probably tell that I'm just a little bit proud of her Winking

Oh, yes, exercise -today I went to the gym and did the elliptical trainer while reading on my Kindle. I've found that works very well to cut the boredom. It was too rainy and cold to walk the dogs.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Went to Zumba tonight.

Congratulations on your granddaughter's good health AND good grades, Annie! You SHOULD be proud! Could you sneak over for the San Francisco part of the trip at the end of the week?

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

Love all the pictures! Even Hell!

nihaha: hope you are doing well.

Heidi: Sorry you have to have surgery but so excited for you that it's benign!

Good Evening All! I walked in the house yesterday and included repeated stair climbing like Dulci. Today was much warmer (the vortex is moving on) so I walked/ran outside. Nice and chilly but nothing like all the snow pictures! Hoping we get at least one or two good snows this year.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

AnnieLane: Your granddaughter sounds like such a wonderful, mature young woman. Congratulations on her accomplishments!

• AnnieLane
    edited January 2014

Ruth, I only wish I had more vacation time and more flexibility to schedule it when I want. With both of my daughters and their families, including all six of my grandchildren, out of town, I will be using it all to visit them. Sometimes, retirement seems so far away. Sad

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Don't laugh Ruth but I was rock in' that look todayShocked Wow LB a trifecta, you rock! Annie you should be proud of your granddaughter. 

This morning did Sh'bam and tonight Body Combat class. Made an appointment today to get a cortisone shot don't know if it has anything to do with it but I just bought new insoles and they gave me a different kind than the ones I had before and I'm wondering if these have aggravated my neuroma, they were almost $100 so I'm going to take them back and hope they don't give me a hard time.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2014

Hey, the California meet up sounds really fun.  Maybe I can catch the So Cal part of the adventure.

Mary, keep at it with the hoop moves.  I remember my frustration over learning to lift the hoop from waist to overhead as shown on that DVD.  It just seemed impossible until I finally got it.  Patience and persistence is the key.  It is really fun to get new moves.

Good hike today, approx five miles with hills.  Felt good to be back outdoors on a long walk.

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Hahaha Ruth, the minute on a treadmill, too funny.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Annie - your DGD sounds like a champ - what an accomplished young lady.  Cheryl - so sorry the foot is being such a bother.

Ann - it helps to hear that you also had trouble with some hoop moves in the beginning.  I may not have a lot of talent or grace, but at least I am persistent, so you've given me hope.  

Hope more of you consider joining the California Dreamin' adventure.  California may never be the same after this!  Winking

Did an extremely wicked core/balance ball workout DVD this morning - I'm gonna feel that one later, I can tell.   

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

11 miles on the bike while looking out my window at huge snow drifts. 

California sounds so great! I sure hope you will post some pictures. 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

Thanks for the offer, Cheryl! Unfortunately summer vacation doesn't start until mid-July for us. Didn't notice the dates when Ruth posted them, only Eduardo's class beckoned.Happy

Congrats to DGD, Annie!

Took a rest day yesterday but will go for a cardio kickboxing class now as I don't seem to have the big D after 2 days of metformin. Just a little queasy. Also trying to sign up for a salsa course to start next week. Hope I can get in even without a partner.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Hi Ladies....thanks for the good wishes....walked from the bed to the sofa..x2...tomorrow will be better....

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

nihahi, tomorrow will be x4. sweet, don't know yet what the surgery will involve, something with coils is all I got.

didn't make it to the gym because stomach is a bit too queasy.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, take good care, Heidi, mid-July for us too and Annie Lane - your granddaughter is amazing.

Body Balance this morning.

• Sunshower
    Sunshower Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014

hello ladies! I'm new to this thread...exercise was never my forte but reducing my chances of a recurrence and helping with side effects are a strong motivator. I rejoined my gym after over a year of not going.  I did 30 min on the treadmill for a little over 2 miles. I was just cooling down before the on site nursery paged me overhead because my toddler was having a melt down. So...I feel accomplished and am gonna shoot for another day at the gym tomorrow...you all are very inspiring!!!

• AnnieLane
    edited January 2014

Welcome, Sunshower! Exercise was never my forte either and that's one reason this thread is so helpful to me! Last summer when I was visiting my daughter & family, much of my exercise consisted of running and playing with my little grandchildren. I could always get them interested in dancing or running - just generally moving while playing and having fun. Never underestimate the power of preschoolers to keep you active, even if it isn't uninterrupted cardio!

Today, DH & I walked the dogs for about a mile and then I did walk/run intervals for about 2 more.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Nothing to report. I've been a slug......sigh

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

Got out for a run in the chilly rain....