Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited December 2010

Well, Veggy, now I really understand your screen name.

Leah

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited December 2010

Good one Leah.That's one I didn't think of.

I thought the VEGG was just my initials. I put the Y on it because I liked it. 

You made me smile.

Thanks

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited December 2010

thanks NM, I like that one two, I'll order 1 of each so my daughter can choose hers.  YKYARCPW  when coffee cups advertizing your favorite veggy make you happy.  I live in a duplex above ny daughter and my 2 grandchildren and we are all chocoholics, Klondike bars are a favorite this month.  I caught my grandson, he's 12, raiding the freezer at 10:30 the other morning.  Karen

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited December 2010

What does putting a chocolate bar in the freezer do? I've heard a lot of people do that...

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2010

It makes it cold Laughing.

We used to put MilkyWay bars in the freezer, and when they froze it was like they were ice cream bars, only better.

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2010

i put them there so that i cant eat them too fast...

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited December 2010

it's also a good hiding place, no one expect chocolate in the freezer.  So stash your emergency chocolate in the freezer.

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    edited December 2010

YKYACPW  you get super paranoid cause a snot nosed little 5 year old behind you in line at the Walmart sneezes and doesn't cover their damned mouth!!!!!

AARRRGGHHH ! this happened today while I was out shopping!! 

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited December 2010

I don't buy chocolate any more as I just eat the whole thing. DH does and doles out little strips. I somehow manage to keep out of it as he knows exactly what is there. If I "stole" some I'd have to eat the whole bar and then some, to leave a new one replaced to look like the old one. Too complicated :) So I just eat what he gives me.

• littletower
    littletower Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2010

YKYACPW-all you want for christmas is to get into a new clinical trial:)

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2010

YKYACPW when you hand a copy of the latest study you signed up for to your onc and he responds (with a smile) "You're a trial junky!"  And you respond back (with a smile) "Aw, Dr. Kim, it was just one trial and two studies!  And the last one is just a blood draw and a donation of one of my biopsy tissues!" 

But you know in your heart that he is right!  I am a trial junky!   

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited December 2010

YKYACPW you go to the onc office for your every 4 month lupron shot and when the nurse opens the door to the waiting room with the syringe in her hand you burst into tears and try to run out of the office.

Happened to me today.  New nurse.  Saw the note on my chart to make sure I don't see any needles due to extreem needle phobia but didn't pay attention becuase "nobody with cancer is that scared of needles."  

Note to self:  make sure to find out what nurse the lupron approintment is with, make sure it's not the new one again.  

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2010

YKACPW you assume you are having a gigundicous, monster, mother-of-all- hot flash thanks to Arimidex, and then you realize you have accidentally turned on your car seat warmer in July.

• hdangelbaby
    edited December 2010

weesa, that's funny! that sounds like something I would totally do!! even before chemobrain!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited December 2010

I've actually done that too......

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2010

Thanks to both of you for posting. It's nice to know I'm not the only klutz in the barn...

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2010

Now I know why I don't have a car with heated seats.  It would just be way too confusing.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2010

YKYACP when even 'auld acquaintances' don't recognize you with new post-chemo hair.

It's happened more than once: people who've known me for years, but with long hair, walked right past me with that half-smile reserved for strangers.  It's like a whole new level of anonymity! 

Wishing everyone a healthy and Happy New Year!!  {{hugs}}

• hdangelbaby
    edited December 2010

YKYACPW,  you need to get the "ok" from your oncologist to eat at a small buffet for new years! and you only get the go ahead cause your counts were up!!! wooo hooo! i get crab legs tonight!!!

happy new years !

• skobili
    skobili Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011

I can definitely relate to the mascara story!!!

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited January 2011

when you decide to try out your ATV while out in the desert camping and get excited that your wig didn't blow off.  Then..... the Ranger catches you riding without a helmet and goes to write you a ticket.  Then...  you mention it's your first time riding since having chemo and promise to wear a helmet.  He feels terrible and doesn't write you a ticket! 

THE CANCER CARD SAVED ME $100!!!  :)  Funny thing is that I always wear a helmet but didn't know how it would fit with the wig.  LOL!!!  And I was only riding around camp.  :)

• kittycat
    edited January 2011

when you find your "hair" in the pantry because you told your hubby to put it where the pets won't get to it!  He didn't want to go all the way upstairs and put it in my closet!  LOL! 

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited January 2011

Very funny!!! :)

• lauri
    lauri Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2011

YKYACP when you get into your first serious kissing session with the first after-cancer guy and ...the breast-enhancer drops out of your bra ...and you just don't care.  (He had been warned that I'd had a mast .. but I didn't think to tell him that it might fall off!)

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited January 2011

Lauri, OMG...too funny.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2011

Kitty & lauri - thanks for making me laugh today!!

• kittycat
    edited January 2011

When you buy a small round brush and it's still not small enough for your hair!  Really???

Lauri - that is super funny!!! 

• kittycat
    edited January 2011

You longingly stare at your husband's.....

Eyelashes! LOL!

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited January 2011

Laurie and Kitty - Way too funny!!!!  Thanks.

• njbhwgirl
    njbhwgirl Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2011

gingerbrew:  omg I so feel like you. Glad you said what you said on these boards. I too am sick to death of meaningless walks, awareness and all fun campaigns. I believe it is fruitless. I find it unbelievable that after 40 plus years there is still no cure in sight. I have watched my aunts, mom sisters and friends and now me become part of this disease and I am angry. Yes very angry that there is nothing that can be done about a woman losing her hair or her breasts.

Okay that is my rant for the morning