Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited February 2011

Happy Valentines day everyone.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2011

YKYACP when you are outside and start to wonder if there are bugs in your hair because your scalp feels weird.   Then you realize you finally have enough hair to blow in the breeze and you are actually feeling your hair move. 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited February 2011

YKYACPW you get more phone calls from automated appointment reminder systems than you do live people. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited February 2011

YKYACPW you meet someone you haven't seen for 14 years and blame your haircut on having cancer. I let my DH cut my hair last week....it's shorter than his! I got a hug and an "Oh, I'm so sorry." So now she thinks I just finished chemo or something....sigh. And she's got an interview where I work (that's where I saw her). Ah heck.....

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

Way to go Barbe!  You'll have some 'splainin' to do if she gets hired.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2011

Well, now, let's see....

Having cancer can, to a certain degree, make us somewhat fatalistic. And then we realize that letting someone we love (like Barbe's dh) cut our hair so they feel good about doing it is a positive thing, more important than going to the hairdresser. So. Barbe, the haircut is not frm chemo but it is a result of cancer.

Just direct her to this thread so she can learn about it.

Leah

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited February 2011

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm enjoying the laughs............. glad to see this thread is still going.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited February 2011

Ykyacpw, you come home from shopping, put everything away and then check BCO before you check your email.  LMBO.

• kathleen1966
    kathleen1966 Member Posts: 68
    edited February 2011

Just remembered this one...from my eight year old son....Why would you want boobs anyway Mom, boobs are GROSS....

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998
    edited February 2011

This thread is hysterical! So needed the laugh today!!!

When the color PINK has over run your home closet and jewelry box!

keep going ladies!

:)

• MissBianca
    MissBianca Member Posts: 1,291
    edited February 2011

...when you get your beauty tips from the anti-aging thread, stick your tongue out to exercise your jawline (hope nobody walks in on you), slather up with coconut oil, and feel like a tropical smelling reptilian.

• jenn3
    edited February 2011

when you've realized that thanks to chemo induced menopause your entire body feels like a prune...........

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited February 2011

.. when the skin care salesman at the mall chases you down the hall yelling "Your skin looks awful. I can help" while you are on chemo and have no hair. D'oh.

• StillKicking
    StillKicking Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2011

when you are late for work because you can't find your breast

• MissBianca
    MissBianca Member Posts: 1,291
    edited February 2011

LOL! My keys, check. My purse, check. My phone, check. My breast....now where did I put it? You have a great sense of humor, StillKicking!

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

I am sure this has been posted before, but here goes...today I went to Target for food and paper products...I only have enough energy to do one shopping trip a week, so off I go. (I've graduated from the aisle of food at Walgreens)  I get to the register, and I"m thinking, there's no food in this basket!  Apparently I forgot to go to the frozen foods, dairy aisle and refrigerated stuff.  I got my paper cups, cremora and some nuts.  Bacon and eggs for dinner AGAIN!  I am just astounded I did this!  Well...it could be the 15 imitrex I've had in the last week, groan!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    edited February 2011

YKYACPW   you get all excited to pay .66 cents for a prescription cause your deductible is met. like really. makes your day! lol!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    edited February 2011

oh yeah, i forgot to add, "met in February"

damn chemo brain! lol

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited February 2011

when you consider going 'topless' on your cruise - and it's not what everyone thinks

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2011
    LOL  even funnier when you find your breast in your handbag.Smile
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    edited February 2011

...when you find more humor in this thread than listening to your "real life" girlfriends.  and then, all of a sudden, you realize that THESE girlfriends are the ones you hold most dear to your heart at this stage in your life.

thank you

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited February 2011

DITTO.....

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited February 2011

double ditto

• jenn3
    edited February 2011

I know I've said this before, but YKYACPW.........you take off your bra and realize that not one, but both boobs have turned sideways.   I walked around all day with sideways boobs.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited February 2011

YKYACPW you understand what a sidewase boob is, and can chuckle at the thought. 

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited February 2011

YKYACPW......you went through chemopause, started back up after it was over. Then started on a trial drug and got thrown right back into it a few months later. Not that I'm really complaining. Definately don't mind NOT having a period, but the rest is kinda crappy, Hot flashes and all.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106
    edited February 2011

You know your a cancer patient .... when you open your closet door .. and decide which of the 20 plus   --hats will match your outfit.  Need to keep your bald head covered .. and warm during the winter months.. as your WBC counts -- have been up and down due to chemo.

Vicki Sam

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited February 2011

Ykyacp when a certain brand of athletic footwear makes you think of spam on BCO, not footwear.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited February 2011

Just do it?

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2011

ykyacp when, one day, you are pumping gas into your car, and you get tired of standing there so you kinda lean against the side of the car and sling your arm up on top of the car, and presto! your prosthesis slides down your stomach and exits just over your waistband and plops into a very gasoline-y puddle at your feet.That sucker never smelled right again, and it was no doubt the beginning of reconstruction plans.