Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited February 2011

Ruth - I have mastectomy bras but feel lik they are choking me to death so I put my prosthesis inside my regular bra  - it has been known to move around!

• MissBianca
    MissBianca Member Posts: 1,291
    edited February 2011

Could velcro work? Or would the adhesive not stick to the prosthesis? I was thinking the other velcro side could go on the bra. (I put velcro on the side of drapes to stick to the wall for a drafty window and it worked). Just a thought.

YKYACP when you go to look for something, and if you can't find it fast enough, you forgot what you were looking for.

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited February 2011

When you spend $95 plus tip to get your hair done, but still wear your wig.

I like the color pink, even if it reminds me of having bc. My sales team all wore pink in support of me for one of our meetings. Of course my first thought when I walked into the room was "oh no, did I not read my email where someone said to wear pink... darn chemo brain!" LOL!

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631
    edited February 2011

OMG - LOLing like crazy!

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited February 2011

Sharon50, I'm glad it is still working, I went to see Conan this afternoon as I dreamed for hours on end that his water was slimy and needed changing and noone would do it.  It wasn't, but I asked if I could change it anyway.  When he heard me at the door he started hollering, hi Darla come in, how are you ha ha ha ha.  When I got near the cage he asked me, what up? Then he told me I was such a good boy after I changed his water.  Some parrots simply mimic but I have seen these use words I didn't know they knew and use them appropriately.  Maybe I won't have dreams about him tonight.  I have to take my gd for her us tomorrow, she has to have two per week as she is high risk preg.  I will be so glad when she has this baby. I am worn out just from taking her to the doc. LOL

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited March 2011

I have masectomy bras and the damn boobs move around regardless..........more so in one brand than another.  I guess they need to give us something to laugh about.

• mawhinney
    mawhinney Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2011

you were once a modest person you willingly flash anyone that wants a look!

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2011

kittycat - haven't seen you around lately, glad you posted!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2011

YKYACPW; you are standing in the foyer of a hotel and realise you have 'los't your phone so DH rings it before starting to search for it and to the amusement of those around your left boob rings. The looks on faces are great as you retrieve it. You had forgotten you put it there when you went for a walk and it has slipped right behind your foob. ( It is a handy place to put it).

YKYACPW; two hours later you go to have a shower and have forgotten about the phone and get undressed. Phone crashes to the floor in pieces!!!

Did get it back together but its a bit battered.

• mscal02
    mscal02 Member Posts: 167
    edited March 2011

I was going through a metal detector and I beeped at my bra area. She asked if I had on something underneath my shirt? I immediately pulled up my shirt without thinking, and the person doing the scan yelled oh no ! I don't want to see here! Then she asked me to step behind this partition so that she could check. After so many tests,and surgery, there is no shame in my game .Ha! Ha ! HA !

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2011

Ditto...I flash everybody now

• Faith316
    Faith316 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2011

The ringing boob.  Hysterical!

• KittyDog
    KittyDog Member Posts: 656
    edited March 2011

love the ringing boob.  Thanks for the laugh so sorry you later dropped.  I stick my compression glove there.  hehehehe

• Smile_On
    Smile_On Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2011

When you are trying on clothes in the dressing room, have a hot flash, remove your wig and set it on the bench, then go to open the door to show off the outfit to your friend and realize oops better grab the wig again.  Worst thing was it was a young "teenage" dressing room so I'm sure I would have had some strange looks from the girls trying on prom dresses.

• Esti
    Esti Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2011

You wake up and find that you've left your eyebrows on your pillow.

You become attached to certain hats in a Wilson the Volleyball sort of way, they're always there when you need them.  You worry about them when they're in the wash.

• kittycat
    edited March 2011

dawney - I was on vacation for a week.  :)

When you have a chance to go to Disneyworld, but it's the same week as your hysterectomy.  You suddenly realize that Mickey Mouse sounds like more fun than getting more organs removed.  Okay... so the hystectomy will most likely be postponed for another few weeks!  Gotta live life!!! 

• kittycat
    edited March 2011

I love the eyebrows on the pillow!  LOL!!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited March 2011

YKYACPW the "first" time you get up to have a night pee it's ony 10:34!!

• Elizabeth1959
    Elizabeth1959 Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2011

Barbie

so true! Or even when you think, what a great noc I only had to get up twice to go pee.

Elizabeth

• river_rat
    river_rat Member Posts: 317
    edited March 2011

Barbe1958, RFLMAO, too true!

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited March 2011

YKYACP when you have no idea how to explain your herceptin to the average person and end up telling most people "yes, I'm done" because it's easier!!!

• leisaparis
    edited March 2011

It was easier for me just to tell them...still doing chemo. Otherwise they thought I ought to be back to "Normal". They don't realize, I'll NEVER be normal again.

• Ca1Ripken
    edited March 2011

Leisaparis... I don't know what normal is anymore, and I don't think most people understand that!!  They say things like, oh great, you are all done!  And, I just smile, nod and think to myself "I sure hope so!"

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited March 2011

When people say to me "so your all better now..." I answer "thats what THEY say..."

I was told "NED" in August 10 (No scans to confirm) and was dx'd with Thyroid cancer in Oct 10 so we really never know for sure...

• leisaparis
    edited March 2011

I'll never be normal again. They have never told me I'm NED. With IBC, I don't think I'll ever be free again IMHO. That's why I joined the trial for HER2+ patients. Any new drug that comes out, that I qualify for, I'll try. I hear so many stories @ the trials & tribulations of IBC patients that I only rely on my own feeling. I personally feel that since I'll never be free from this disease and that one day it will kill me ( hopefully 10 - 20 years from now ) that anything they come up with that might prolong my life, I'll do. I'm not afraid of dying, but I'm NOT ready to go yet. My son hasn't found his life partner or had any children yet. I would like to live long enough to see that. My daughter has 2 children. So she's good. Just waiting on my son to be happy. After that if it's time for me to go, then I'm ready. As long as my children are happy, I can live & die with that. Just my thoughts & feelings.

• KittyDog
    KittyDog Member Posts: 656
    edited March 2011

Normal...what's that.  Today I went to get dress, Put my shirt on to realize that feels funny to realize opps I forgot to put my bra on.  OMG what's wrong with me I still have one big boob.  Then I put my panties on to realize they felt funny and they were inside out.  I don't think my brain will ever be normal again.  I had a good laugh at least.

• Ca1Ripken
    edited March 2011
    Yes...  just want my kids to be older too... I want my 4 year old to be old enough so that losing his mom doesn't screw up his outlook on life!
  • deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2011
    ykyacpw~you are approaching your 4 yr cancerversary and think that normal is right around the corner when one of you TM's comes back ABNORMAL, Yell
  • lilylady
    lilylady Member Posts: 478
    edited March 2011

YKYACPW all the young hot guys in the room want to squeeze your breasts-but realize they are med students 30 years younger than you!

I am a newbie and just happened on this tonight. I had to get up and change my pants-laughed til I peed. Certainly 1 of the best topics ever-needs to be written in a book and given out with every cancer diagnosis.

• leisaparis
    edited March 2011

this thread lets me laugh...the bitchin thread lets me vent.....best of both worlds