OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

kingir66, that is just how I feel some days!! THANKS! I may post it by my desk also!

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

I am going to have to join a 12 step program to get through this detox.  Am a failure augh!!!!!!!! 

14 days ago, started it.  No cheating for 28 days, none, and all people on her 'recipes' get cheat days, not me.

Soooooooooo

NO meat, poultry, seafood, grains, mushrooms, dairy, fruit, sugar of any kind except stevia herb, NO potaotes, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, corn, peas, coffee, tea, NO oils, butter, salt, pepper.... and i forget what else. 

Day 1 - there were brownies in cupboard to be made so HAD to deal with those, that box couldn't sit in there all month talking to me.  Ate the best brownies.

Day 2  Ate more brownies.

Day 3 the last little brownie, but I did perfectly on all else.

Days 4 - 12, did fine.

Day 13, had a Memorial Day dinner with all the fixins, except skipped sugar stuff and fruit.

Day 14, reruns of Memorial Day dinner only this time had the sugar stuff.  Also that morning had onion rings (breading peeled off) but there was oil. 

Today, had a traditional breakfast out.  Wasn't even that good to me, Hubby liked it okay.

Now am eating my black beans cooked in seaweed with raw onions.  Made a pot of unforbidden soup w spinach.  Trying again.

But darn Fuzzy, ice cream w drizzle!  Hubby used to bring me ice cream too, sounds good right now.  Now he brings green drinks and seaweed stuff.

Point is, like asparagus, everyone around me has bought into the 'cure' but I am not buying it all the way.  Except I will not be forgiven if I don't try this stuff for two more weeks.  Question is, am I to continue eating this stuff everafter?  I don't think so!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Yhuew.......D-ESSA,  Do what you think you have to do girl.I'm going to get another vodlka.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

D-Essa - for 6 months I ate:

for meat:  lamb only

no tomatoes, no mushrooms/fungi, no milk products, no eggs, no legumes (no peas, beans, soy, peanuts, etc.), no garlic or onions, no citrus, no grains (including corn), no coffee or tea (tea was hard for me, coffee not as much), no alcohol, no apples or pears, no potatoes.

After 6 months my DH rebelled and said enough was enough.  I didn't want to quit, as I never felt better in my whole life!  Lost 30 lbs (which I subsequently gained 20 back after going back to my old habits).  But it did get difficult at times - going out to dinner was just downright weird

The brownies sounded good....

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I'm wondering what you ate. My PS told me that I need to lose weight and start walking. I thunk about it and decied to limit my alcohol, carbs, desserts, and portion sizes. Giving up chocolate, fried foods and soda is easy. I rarely have them. I drink coffee about three times a week. I have to get my butt moving ugh!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

ducky, that is the best way to take off the pounds AND KEEP THEM OFF.  Mom was obese, much of the time morbidly so.  She was also a yoyo dieter and tried every diet that came along.  She would even get down almost to goal weight but she always fell off the diet and balooned right back up. 

I was over 10 lbs at birth and struggled with overweight all my life.  In my early 50's I hit 220 g0oin up just as DH hit 220 coming down.I decided I had to seriously loose and refused to be like Mom.  I did it your way, reached goal weight and had no trouble keeping it there.  Since I had slowly changed my life style there was no diet to fall off.  The weight loss was slow but permanent. 

Good luck.  I know you can do it.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Veggy, That should work. I lost 30lbs after being diagnosed with too high fasting blood sugar. When I was tempted by something, I would ask myself if it would be worth an insulin shot later on. Occasionally it was, but more often not. Making myself walk is another matter, especially here in rain city. Still working on that one.

• sas-schatzi

Wren what about building walking, mall walking is nice if you have access. I lost 23 lbs with my BC, then 30 lbs with DH's , it's stayed off , but I watch it like a hawk. Could easily need to lose another 20-30. If it wasn't for my Aromasin pouch, I'd look the picture of health. Actually feel better too. Now if I wasn't crazy, it'd all be good Brawgkkkkkkkkk.

• gardengumby

veggy - I ate a LOT of vegetables and some fruit.  Lucky for me I love them.  :)  I keep telling myself I need to go back to that way of eating, but so far have talked myself out of it fairly consistently - it's not an easy way to eat, that's for sure.  There are some things I never started up with again (like wheat, as the first time I ate it, I had a terrible asthma attack - that was how I discovered my allergy).  My biggest difficulty now would probably be giving up legumes - at the time I did it (about 5 years ago) my two issues were meat and grain, but I never really went back to eating as much of either of them as I had before.  But, I love beans and peas, they add so much variety.

I've been having a hard time with exercise as I injured my knee.  I'm looking forward to walking again.  Wren, you may want to consider investing in a treadmill.  My hubby bought one for me when I was trying to get into better shape pre-DIEP - I sincerely LOVE having it.  My morning ritual has been a mile or two walk prior to going to work.  I feel so much better when I can get moving in the morning.

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

OMG!!! That relaxation technique made me cry!!!! Only because I'm such a frigging disaster right now and it really is AWESOME! I have to post that on my fridge....

It might be just me....but if I even think about dieting, I screw it up immediately and instantly gain weight....

• kingjr66
    kingjr66 Member Posts: 406

It's not just you fuzzy, I can't stick to a diet even if my life depended on it.  I have absolutely no willpower. 

• gardengumby
    I used to have will power - it's one of the things I gave up post cancer Laughing
  • cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53
    I have very little to no will power, I have never had great will power skills......... I really like to enjoy things to the fullest much more than trying to avoid them! Wink
  • veggy

• veggy

• cat61
    Oh man, to funny Veggy to funny ...... lol..... thanks for the laugh Laughing
  • sas-schatzi

Veggy----I have been doing the scale thing wrong all these years --OH THANK YOU !!!!!

• kingjr66

• sas-schatzi

AND THEN WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THOSE THAT MONITOR US---CLUCK'EM

• thefuzzylemon

Scales must have been created by men....break from finding the Cure Guy and get ahold of that Guy.... LOL

• cat61
    I haven't weighed myself since I was 20, I was anorexic and the scale was and is my sworn enemy ........ I go by the way my clothes fit and the size of the clothes ....... which when you think about it is a scale !!!!! lol yeah messed up Undecided
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Friend sent this to me. Have had lots of stupid recently. Especially oh you look so well you can't possibly have had cancer! 

• veggy

I hate when people tell me I look good. The cancer is in my breast not my face. What are we supposed to look like? Zombies?

Make the Stupid People Shut UP!!

• kingjr66

• cat61
    Lol, I cant tell you how many times Ive heard that, You look so good ! I agree what are we supposed to look like ? Deformed, a different colour maybe bumpy , what ? Tongue out
  • sas-schatzi

Hope no one has signed off Nancy's Mom had a "sudden death event"was revieved by bystanders .It Happened at UcLA MED office buildiing. In ICU now __Has had surgery already Nancy asking for prayers. Posting now 10:39

SAS
  • thefuzzylemon

Nancy....and endless stream of prayers for You and Mama. I hope your ok....call me anytime if you'd like to talk....ok?

I just had to giggle....everytime someone says stupid shit like "you look great"... I think "PLOOP"...my key word in the relaxation technique....Hahaaa! Ploop...head back in the water....

PLOOP!!!! PLOOP!!!! HAHASAA...

oh dear...better stop that I suppose.....PLOOP!

• gardengumby

Nancy - thinking of you and your Mom.

• cat61

Nancy, thinking and praying for your Mom . You're in my thoughts and prayers to.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Nancy, Keeping you in good thoughts. Hope your Mom has a quick recovery. (((HUGS))) to both of you.