OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Rest up veggy - glad you're OK.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Veggy - Adding my best wishes for your recovery, too.  Get your rest.  Gentle hugs coming your way.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I am sooooo tired of sleeping. I watch tv and I fall asleep. I sit down and I fall asleep. All I want to do it fall asleep. I know y body needs it but this is too much. Its time for more pills again and thenI  guess I'll go back to sleep.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Veggy - Anesthesia itself is an assault on your body, much less the surgery "insult".  Your body is telling you just what it needs.  Eat, drink, pee, poop, sleep, pain meds.  The basics.  'Course I've left many things out and I'm not minimizing anything you're going thru but Nursing 101 comes back to me.  Eat what sounds good - protein is good for healing but eat what you want.  Stay away from gassy things - sodas, beans,I think cruciferous (?sp) vegies - broccoli.  Watch out for constipation. It's very sneaky and got me when I know better! Last thing you need.  Drink what sounds good - water, light juices.   Caffeine is a mild diuretic so not the best thing but I can't do without my coffee/hot tea in the am.  For just getting home on the 29th sounds like you are doing marvelous.  Sounds like you are not one of those without power.   Sleep is very restorative.  The sleepiness will get better.  You go girl. 

Wishing you Turkey Hill ice cream - if that sounds good.  No luck finding it yet even though Albertons is listed as a source.  I think Blue Bell has the market in TX.

• veggy

I just woke up in time to take my pills. I'll try to stay up for a little while. I'm not really hungry for anything.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Veggy, Luvmygoats gave you excellent advice-------didn't miss anything. Watch your drains and drain sites. If you feel a need to call do so. Even if it's in the middle of the night --there is someone always on-call. Follow the call to sleep.AHHHHHHHHHHsosleepyso sleepyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• gardengumby

Sleep - the cure for what ails you right now. 

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

Veggy you need the sleep to heal, that is when your body works on healing, not when you are up doing and the energy goes to that.  Sleep without guilt or hesitation, you will be better much quicker.  

This week the stupid diploma goes to teh onc at  my oncs office that I do not like even a llittle bit.  I needed antibiotics for the possible infection I was getting - had a punch biopsy in LE arm for cancer node and within 24 hours, arm hot, 1.5 temp and climbing, sore and swollen, red hole in my LE spot.  But he did not see signs of infection and told me to come to ER if there was infection during weekend.  Ass.  

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    Diane,  That's just about unforgiveable.....but not really surprising. 
    HONK if you dislike your ONC!  
  • veggy

I'm waiting for the surgeon to call with the pathology report. I'm too tired to worry.

• cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53
    Veggy, sounds like your getting awesome advice , sleep is what you need but you don't need to know that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you pathology report, gentle hugs to you.
  • kingjr66
    kingjr66 Member Posts: 406

My onc keeps pushing me towards femara or arimidex.  I don't want to take it. I've done my homework, I've discussed it with her, end of story.  she told me to think about it some more and see her in 3 months.   

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

King....I'm proud of you. Decisions are tough sometimes....

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

King, supporting you in your decision.  You have to do what is right for you or you will resent those people who push you into treatment that you are not comfortable with.   You can always change your mind, something I have forgotten to do in the heat of the decision-needed-now and you-are-on-course-already-so-don't-change-horses-in-the-middle moments, and I DO regret and resent.

• veggy

I've had it. Plain and simple... I've had it. Its been one week of pain, one week of not sleeping soundly, one week of not eating, one wee of these stupid drains poking me and coming open in the middle of the night. Its been a week of why me's. I've isolated myself. Yell at me all you want, I don't care.

I haven't looked at myself yet in front of a mirror. I have the go ahead to take a shower and don't want to. I don't want to see or especially feel where the breasts were. The thought of it grosses me out. I don't want anyone else to see it either.

Pathology came in. It was behind the nipple at the 12, 3 and 6 o'clock positions. There was 3 lumps. The biggest was 2 1/2 inches.  I'll need chemo, again. I'm so sick to my stomach now and soon I'll be sick to my stomach for another 4 months.

I know i had to do this. It was the only decision. It saved my life blah, blah, blah. I guess I need time to mourn and have a humongous pity party.

The good news... the right breast was fine.

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373

Veggy VENT AWAY all you want, need!!!!! As I'm sure you know it's all a process you go through & is very normal! If you don't want to be normal about it that's ok too! ; )

• lostinmo
    lostinmo Member Posts: 332

Veggie

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Veggy, vent all you need, it is natural and necessary.  We all need pity parties when we experience the fears and apprehensions of such major life changes.  Love you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53

Veggy, vent and vent again...... your words touched me ........... your words are my words......... vent and be normal , don't hold it in it'll eat you up. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. 

• thefuzzylemon

(((((Veggy)))))

• veggy

(((((Fuzzy)))))

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

((((Veggy))))

Your words express what so many of us have felt - you go right on and vent and rant and let us know how you feel.  How you feel is how you feel, and nothing can change that except time.  You have to process this.  It took me nearly 6 months before I was able to touch my scars or even really look at them.  I have worked through a lot, and have come to a bit of acceptance, but it takes time!

• veggy

I took my first shower today. I should have had my husband cover the mirror or taken it down. I cried uncontrollably during the whole shower and afterward.

i really want a paintball gun and shoot cars passing by my house! I need to vent somehow.

• thefuzzylemon

I'll get the paintballs and the guns...you get the bitchin' head to toe gear....meet me in Indiana....LOL

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

(((Veggy)))
    I'm in for the paintball firin' squad...
    Oh the pain - physical and emotional....nothing normal about what the ladies here go through.  I am angry too.  Wish we could get together and fire away -- everyone at once -- to show the world what the heck is really going on.
    I wish you healing days, less pain, more rest, and hope.
    Joan

• veggy

I'll have to get a bullet proof vest. Anyone else need one?

• thefuzzylemon

Do....they.....customize those vests???? I'd like mine to be a little creative!!! What cha got Veggy?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Fuzzy do they customize-yes there is a whole subculture that will travel many states to go to a place--there's one in Georgia. They take it realllllll serious and spend a whole weekend . Of, course there is lots of carousing at night.

I'm in. What's our teams name?

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

i wanna paintball fight too - Indiana Dunes?

kinda gorgeous isn't it - 

and HONK IF I DO NOT LIKE MY ONC OMG A  BIG ONE FOR THAT

• gardengumby

Veggy - vent away!  I like the paint ball idea thing.  I was feeling more like throwing rocks - BIG ROCKS!!  I couldn't look at myself in the mirror for over a year.  I remember a doctor asking me something about a scar and I said I didn't know, she'd have to ask my husband as I never looked. 

I'm reconstructed (almost done now) and will look, but I'm not really the me I knew anymore.  Sometimes I still just start crying for no apparent reason - but most days now I'm fine and don't think about it much.