OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

This was in our local paper today - in a section called Sideswipe. I am pleased they realised how stupid it is!!!!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Alyson- What??? Whoever named that should be shot.

• kingjr66
    kingjr66 Member Posts: 406

OMG....next there will be a "suck" for a cure, as in pink lollipops maybe.

or these

• Annicemd
    Annicemd Member Posts: 292

The author of that news paper article is suffering from the most severe and life threatening form of stupid!!!! God help them.

((Hugs))

• veggy

Here's something stupid and fun I did today...

I was making a chalk outline of my oldest son in the driveway when a car going by stopped and backed up. The guy rolled down the window and asked if everything was okay. I said "yep, we're just having fun." He said that we scared him for a second and drove away. I laughed! I'm still laughing.
    There are chalk outlines of all four of us on our driveway. I wish I could find the batteries for my camera and take some pictures.
  • Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

Nancy, thinking of you and your mom.

Am so grateful I checked in today - got several LOLs! Many many thanks!!! Alyson, have especially enjoyed your several posts.

I completely agree with the "you look great!" comments - and they do come from well-meaning and loving friends - and I still feel like crap since chemo #1 on Oct. 6, 2010. How do I respond? Usually I just say "thanks" and move on anymore - would love to say something more negative, but I guess I don't want to be "a complainer" that no one wants to be around, so I continue to keep smile on face, "fake it til I make it" and bring my meltdowns and ventilation here. Thanks for being here - I will be here for you as well. fuzzylemon, I like your response as well!

Veggy, LOVE the chalk outlines - what fun!! kingir66, love the pics - am truly sick of the pink crappola. Am thinking of getting back to the camaflouge attitude soon.

Hugs to you all from beautiful gorgeous Vermont!

• Alyson

One of my replies has been and still is when people ask how I am and I don't feel great is, 'Do you want the conventional answer or would you like the truth!'. You get some really funny responses as people don't know what to say.

• Alyson

Friend from BCO just posted this on facebook. Thought it could fit over here!!

• cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53
    Veggy, that is hilarious . I love  that idea. I would loved to have seen his face Laughing
  • Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

OMG the lick for a cure is too good, deserve a Leno moment.  These troopers need to think first before naming causes.

I didn't make it through the 28 days detox to lose  cancer cells, I didn't do it to diet, I don't diet, I have always gained too much after any attempt so learned the hard way.  Got to 16 days or so in detox and was not perfect in beginning but was nealry so in end, also went anorexic at end, not wanting to eat at all.

Took a 36 hour pause before posting this because of the following comment I wanted to make then doubted to say it out loud.... what would anyone think, say, feel.  But it is my experience, the truth so I say it.

Somewhere in there I did something right for me, the masses in right side disappeaared about seven days ago, but I have been exceedingly exhausted before and after.  Healing is exhausting.  If it is healing, who knows iff they 'it' just moved elsewhere.  I dont know why the masses are gone or how long they will be gone, I am keeping a journal this time to remember what I have done each day.  Could have been something I did weeks ago or recently.

Tonight I have kale, turnip greens and  curly endive to cook.  Looking for recipes online.

Made strawberry shortcake but one has to have Cool Whip forr it to be premium dessert.

My latest stupid encounter was w me-self and a pack of coyotes.    I thought opening the garage door would scare them off and I could take Danny boy out to do business in the night.  All opening the door does its make them be quiet and watch you.  I should have listened to see if they were out there first, which they were.  As soon as we got into the yard they started howling again and Danny Boy was ready to go back inside and hold it until morning.  They were not as close as  some nights but it is disconcerting to have the green eyes glinting in the dark and howling from 80% around you in the dark.  Cancer brain is not good for thinking, foggy stuff goes on.  I will make sure they are not out there first next time.

• Alyson

Now I can follow this one:

Cure it with dessert. Of course isn't chocolate the cure for everything and drawing stick figures on the concrete really helps as well.

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

Over 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate is VERY GOOD for you.......antioxidents and the like.

So it must definitely be part of the cure.That's what I tell myself every evening.........

• cat61
    I think ice cream is a good  cure to, it helps me all the time ! Wink
  • veggy

cheesecake!!!!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Oh geez - how 'bout cheesecake with chocolate gelatto on the side??? 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

or cheesecake with fresh strawberries and a fresh strawberry glaze on top?

• gardengumby

cheesecake and ANYTHING - that's my motto!!  :)  how 'bout cheesecake with fresh mango???  (mango with anything is my other motto...) 

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

last night, blueberry pancakes with homemade butter and syrup and fresh sliced strawberries.  Last fling before the next detox which is started today.  mine barely resembled these, but so good.

• veggy

You have me soooo hungry.

• cat61

Yuuuuummmmmmmyyyyyyy !!!!!!!

• Alyson

How about chocolate cheesecake?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Alyson that is pure beauty I was in the hospital most of last week and when I got there they found my electrlytes were all screwed up and thw Dr. said this is Critical and I said please don't use that word--I only use the word critical when it comes to desserts. He just looked at me strangely.

• cat61

OMG     wow if only I could eat screen !!!!!!!

• kingjr66

you had to go and mention cheesecake......how about Reeses peanut butter cup with brownie cake bottom......OMG

how about this slice......sure is pretty......

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373

My nose is getting awfully sore. My tummy & tastebuds aren't satisfied yet either. My eyes on the other hand are Sighhhhh! Now if I could only smell it my nose wouldn't feel so bad! ; )

• cat61
    Yuuuuummmmyyyy   Laughing
  • gardengumby

Man oh man - what nummy lookin' stuff!!!  That really pretty multi-colored slice of cheesecake - is every color a different flavor? 

• kingjr66

gardengumby - I certainly hope so.......yum

• kingjr66

how about some rainbow food.......

some good stuff

and more yummy stuff

oh man, ice cream again.....I can't control myself

someone find me a cure for this........

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Somehow buleberries and red onions?  Not sure about that.