OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

I saw this really awful demonstration of "crafts you can do with a t-shirt" on TV recently - apparently, you cut the top of the t-shirt off across the shoulders and neckline, then cut long strips in the remaining tube to within a couple inches of the other side, then fringe it all out and wear it around your neck like some sort of tribal regalia, you can even tie little glittery things onto the ends of the fringe, etc.

I think if your'e going to that much trouble, just cut them all into strips and make a braided rug for the mudroom, or use large knitting needles or crochet hook to make a shawl and donate it to the homeless.

Cut them up and donate them to an artist or art school for rags - they always need more rags!

Donate them to a veterinarian for soft toweling.

Wash them in strong bleach a few times - probably have to dye with something else as it will probably always be a slight shade of pink.

Give them back to the ones who gave them to you. I did not get a single pink t-shirt during or after treatment because I made it known from the beginning to all my providers what I thought of those stupid pink things. One NP made the comment early on that "We'll get you into a pink shirt very soon, you are doing so well with your treatments" and I let her have a piece of my mind. Needless to say, no pink t-shirt, but I DID get a little pillow (blue paisley pattern) to use after my BMX for my arm and seat belt comfort.

What makes me sad is that I actually have a really nice pink summer shirt and a pale pink cotton sweater that I used to love, and now can hardly bring myself to wear them.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I've been thinking about all this that people are given... I just realized I have gotten something!!  A pink pen from the radiology department when I had my mammos that didn't show my lump done... my first one after cancer diagnosis .. It has their name and phone # on it... They torcher you and then hand you a pink pen!!! Don't we deserve more than that!

• SimplyAudrey
    SimplyAudrey Member Posts: 92

I'll still wear pink....... just nothing advertising armies or girlfights.

Interesting....the ribbon for lung cancer is clear.  Think what clothing line we could create with that!LaughingEmbarassed

• SimplyAudrey

Now this is just WRONG

www.junkpile.demon.co.uk

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

So is this

and this

and this

This is horrible

and this

• SillyMama
    SillyMama Member Posts: 49

Oh my gosh! I'm going through major life changes, so I came back to do some "volunteering" and happened onto this thread. I have laughed and laughed. Puts DH to sleep but wakes up the dogs. I'm actually dutifully reading the WHOLE thing - I've gone from page 1 to 120, but I couldn't wait any longer to jump on board.

Thinking of Pinktober - While making a clothing purchase, the cashier asked me, "Do you want to add a donation for breast cancer research?" I laughed and said, "No, thanks, they let me donate my tumor tissue."

• SimplyAudrey

Not sure this is wrong or the result of asparagus:

Is that elephant smoking a giant asparagus?

• veggy

Sillymama - This is a good thread to stumble upon. Another one is Pinktober Revolution.

Gentle hugs

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

WAAAAHAHAAAAHAHAAAA!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Welcome to the new gals....oh damn ya all are on fire!! Those poor animals.....donating tumors!!!!! WAAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

I choked on my puff!!!

• SillyMama

Yippee. I spent HOURs reading the first 120 pages, and I feel like I know some of you already... so I thought I was ready to at least join the clucking asparaugus club...

I read the Pinktober revolution, but I didn't feel like I could participate in a helpful way there right now. I need the humor thread more for myself. Nice to make your acquaintance(s), anyway!

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

Sillymama, this is definitely the place to be for laughs! I also follow the Pinktober thread, but there may be a little more militance there, but I think mostly in good fun. Some days I feel my old '60s-'70s spirit creeping up on me, so puffing the asparagus is good, and so is finding something to protest - keeps me feelin' young!

I have a horrible time trying to get things posted here using my iPad, so will have to wait to get back to the old PC.

Audrey and Veggy, ROTFLMAO!!! Trying to be quiet and inconspicuous... not with this stuff! :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I wrote the PINKTOBER REVOLUTION--it can be anything you want it to be as long as it's against the commercialization of BC and misuse of funds

• SimplyAudrey

OOPS.....wrong awareness....

Bubble Suit of Armor. I got a bunch of packages with mirrors in them and I was thinking about buying a suit of armor when I decided to make one out of bubble wrap.  This continued until discovering that I was able to float with great ease in this suit..

• SimplyAudrey

Although this isn't too bad!  But I digress....puff, pass.......

• sas-schatzi

s-a I would bet allot of guys wouldn't pass on that one---i'll take the male equivalent of her---not the guy at the top. BRawgkkkk

Silly mawelcome-ya'll--- jump up on the roost here and set awhile. passing the asparagus-long puff er pass

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Welcome to the hen house.

We might have to look for some asparagus!!!

or

Wild or cultivated, take your pick. Long   puff, had better pass.

• thefuzzylemon

Oh dear...somebody musta laced my Asparagus tonight....cause that last picture of asparagus kinda reminded me of...well...something else entirely.

Naughty naughty Fuzzy. I slapped my own hands....

• sas-schatzi

oh fuzzy naughty naughty just think what going to happen everytime you puff  my mypuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuff puffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffppuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpufpuffpuff

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

Am supposed to be sleeping, but you guys are silly, makes me want to mead the beginning pages once again.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I think I'm that Pepper colored clucker!! Puff. puff. puff - passing it on!!!! thank you once again for making me smile  - last night was a killer!

• SillyMama

Wow, I've read this thread up to page 135 now.

It looks like it now has the effect of relaxing me- I ended up sleeping with my Kindle - when I'd wake up, I'd pick up on the thread, and then I would doze off again. I'd better go plug that device back in and get its battery back up for tonight!

As a new clucker, I know I'm probably supposed to be smoking the asparagus to get back to sleep, but I probably shouldn't do that in bed, anyway...

• sas-schatzi

Hellooooooomother mother clucker Silly Mama, you have read and seen all, I'm the ombudsman, Haven't had much to do in along time infact, I forget what I defined for myself. Oh well push comes to shove, I will look it up or make it up which ever is easier, Truly not much into rules as you have seen. . Puff and Pass

• SimplyAudrey
  • SimplyAudrey

OK....so they're ducks.  Beggars can't be choosers!

• SimplyAudrey
    funny pictures of cats with captions
  • proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

white cat looks like my late Sasha but he would never ever have been so calm next to a chicken!

• thefuzzylemon

Psssh.... as much smoke as we all smoke....ducks/chickens....its all good!!!!

• veggy
  • veggy
  • veggy