OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Veggy, follow my voice.. God's huge rocking chair is right up by me in the opposite side of the basement.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Veggy there is a little light by the door, just follow it and we will help you come upstairs again. We are all here for you. Others have been lost in the basement and have managed to get back to the front.

Big hugs

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Have been missing you, Veggy. We are all here. Hugs and prayers to you...

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I have been stuck in the basement once before. I think there is a monster blocking my way up. There's a crack in the floor and some light is coming through. It looks like, wait, maybe the monster looks a little like the waiter from the restaurant. I can't be sure.

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

Veggy...your new avatar is pretty scary.....or is it something I've been puffing??

Looks like maybe the monster got you.......please don't tell me he's the cure guy.....

• veggy

That must be my reflexion in a dusty mirror in the basement. Sorry to scar you.

• veggy

This is where my avatar came from. Just queue it to the end.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pkzwLvVFRSE&desktop_uri=/watch?v=pkzwLvVFRSE

• Alyson

More light needed.

• Alyson

Or this?

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

aaahhhhh, there Alyson, that's the stuff.

Veggy, I never ever go in the basement alone, I know the way can be blocked.  Now the light is upon you again.

My DD said I need to move where I can use hemp oil.  I do believe it could work for some.  But for now.  puff.

Up too late, research, had emails for work, then stopped in bco for 1/2 hr or so reading.  have to sleep before my eyeballs bleed.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Veggy, coming sweetie, we've been in the basement before and found our way out. Alyson gave us an inviting light to follow :). One step at a time and then we will make a break for the stairs. First one up grab the other. Alyson and Sam and Essa and marywh, then shut and barricade that damnable basement door. Wish Hermoine was here to put a spell on it, so, it couldn't be found again

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Not to make light of your situation vegie, cuz you know we all love you! I think that what you need right now is a DAYLIGHT basement! Then you can just walk right out the front door into the beautiful sunshine (well it's raining here right now, but we'll pretend it's sunny!) We'll walk together and look at all the crocuses, daffodils, bluebells and tulips that are starting to bloom. And maybe along the way we'll come across a chicken or two smoking asparagus and eating mushrooms (the happy kind).

Hugs to you.

• Europa
    Europa Member Posts: 39

Hello all and Veggy,  I am joining you dear Veggy in the basement.  I have been having a hard time and in a dark place for awhile now.  I can so relate to you Veggy as our dx to stage lv are so close together in time.  I dont post very often as I have a difficult time putting words on to paper so to speak, but I read here often as well as fuzzy romp room and hermits and STFU.  They bring me a spark of joy.  I love the comraderie that you all have, and if you will let me I  would like to share. 

Hugs to all!!!

Euro

• gmafoley

Sunset sun

• gmafoley

You know - If any of you come to Oregon - you can sit on my porch swing and retreat here. We are set up for company anytime you all want to show up!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

You guys....!  I gotta say, this thread is such fun to read!  I was laughing this morning, and woke my DH up, not that I WANTED him to wake up just yet, but it was worth it, just reading your shenanigans!   

My stupid girl-friend once said to me..... "Well if you are taking Tamoxifen, won't you grow a beard?"  After I thought STFU, I realized she was dumb enough to think Tamoxifen was "Testosterone"  ......  AND she was serious!   Not only did I NOT grow a beard, I lost the little "hairs" in my inner-ear, so I am officially "deaf" AND old.... Ha, ha!  

So is it because I am "older" that I don't have to shave my legs OR under-arms anymore?  AND my hair thinned out?   Guess there IS something to say about "growing up?"   And I didn't even have chemo.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Veggy - Pox on that waiter.  Punch him in the stomach and get out of the basement into the light.  Remember that Twilight Zone.  Scared the s**t out of me but sure made my think.  Love you.  Come towards the lovely warm light.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Welcome Europa, this is a good place to come hang out, you can be yourself and no one will ever give you a hard time.💗

Veggie: 🌺

• marywh

o.k heres one for you... today was my usual monthly oncs. appt. Well, he comes bursting in and says,"Well arent you just a freak of nature!!!" I said excuse me? He said " Your chemo is working phenmonally well". I said Well thats wonderful, but you are the 2nd dr. thats called me that. The first one was my bs who called it a freak of nature that my bc came back so quick. So now I have to decide which freak of nature I am. But I still think I am abnormal enough to hold some kind of office in the clucking, puffing community.o.k?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Brawkgkkkkkkk, I feel like I'm in the front, but it could be the bacK--WAITING FOR THE ASPARAGUS AND THE GUYS LATE---cLUCK'EM....... Hmmmmm...used to play guitar, new lots of songs, now can't remember where the feed station is. Chicken poop. what was that we were talking about?

• Europa

LOL Mary, even though I am in the basement I love the freak of nature...I think you are so lucky. But on a serious note I hope that everything works out for you.

((((Mary))))

• Europa

Thank you for the warm welcome Shellshine!!! I am so glad to find all of you.  This thread has so definately kept me sane in some very dark times.  i have scans coming up with a wait of 2 weeks between seeing my doc and already i am already worried. This thread keeps me from thinking about it so much.

Thanks all!!

Euro

• Alyson

Hi girls,Brawkgk, cluck cluck, have escaped the basement and everything else, will explain when I get back. Back, is that the front of the back or the back of the front. Wish I could shate all the asparagus that I have seen. Past eating stage but looked as if it would be easy to smoke. Looking for the cure guy but haven't found any other suitable candidates for us to interogate.

Welcome Europa, Shellshine, Chevy and anyone else I have missed so glad to welcome you to the henhouse, cluck cluck cluck and pass the asparagus and share the mushrooms. We are mad here be warned but we really look after each other especially when lost in the basement.

Veggy and Europa hope you find the stairs, every one is lighting up for you.

Big Hugs

• Chevyboy

Thanks Alyson!  LOVE this thread!  I just want to be in the hen-house...  I'm trying to figure out what y'all are talking about, and having fun doing it, ha!  The closest I ever came to "lighting-up" is when I smoked these dry weeds my brother and I found in the vacant lot.  Well, I didn't actually SMOKE them... but we tried...Wink Does that count?

Oh wait, my Daughters did their share... I gave them a run for their money, when I flushed a baggie of seeds down the toilet one time when I found them AND this glass thing in her purse...  I remembered she sobbed while watching those seeds going down the toilet!  Took 5 flushings to do the deed.

So does this make me "one of the stupid things I did to my Daughter?"  Ha!

• marywh

Actually for all of you girls (pullets?) who are new you would really be doing yourselves a favor by starting this thread at the very beginning. It has made a number of us (me inluded). pee in our pants, and you will get so much more out of it if you know whats going on. and I had another idea-changing my avatar name to just FON short for freak of nature of course. What do you think?

• Chevyboy

I got up to page 9, and woke my Husband up laughing so hard...Wink  I think I have to start all over again...  By the way.... my neighbor just bought 6 new chicks...  One didn't make it, and I'm afraid to ask about the rest.... Her whole idea was so they could eat their eggs...

If they raise their chickens any better than they have their 2 cats, they are doomed!   One cat has left home..... for good!  The other one still hangs around....  At least I made her a bed made out of a plastic bin, and an old comforter that they keep in the garage.   Some people are just dense!  AND stupid...

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

OK - Which AG is better to smoke?  Do we need the cheaper (relatively speaking) stuff so that we can smoke more or do we go for the high dollar s**t?  Never smoked but I guess today is a good day to start.

Chevy - Sounds like the baby chicks are about to be owl or raccoon food.  I'm too afraid of such things plus hawks to even try free range chickens or any for that matter.  And how many eggs could DH and I eat??  He works with a guy who sells them (eggs).  Eggs must be different from milk; can't sell milk without a hard to get license in Texas.

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

Back in the day, parrot food had hemp seeds in it; you could grow some really decent stuff by chucking it into good soil........Now I wonder whether chicken food could also be used in that way.

I would be willing to share mine with all of you fine feathered friends.......

• Alyson

New chooks you should read the pages around about 42-44, somewhere there and you will learn a bit about the hen house.

Sam you are right about the bird food and hemp but evidently its not really the stuff you smoke; not so sure about chicken food I am sure 'they' have prevented such things happening. I could ask the young ones next door for some maybe, never tried it personally but know the smell well. Minister friend leaving after having dinner with us comments that we must have some lovely night smelling plant in the garden I laugh and have to explain that the fragrance is wafting over from neighbours house. DOn't think yu would find such things in chicken feed so asparagus it is. I am sure we could dry and smoke this. Looking at the berries gave me a great idea, maybe that's the cure after all not sure what we do with them?????

• Chevyboy

Okay, I'm up to page 22, and STILL laughing!  I thought about the asparagas cure...  And almost bought 4 bunches.....  I don't have mud yet... nor the Bounty.  But I WILL try the medicinal stuff you can smoke...Wink to make you feel better!  WHAT was I MISSING when I was younger?  Is it too late?  Is THAT why I got cancer, because I DIDn't?  

Guess that means my Dauthter's are safe.  So that's why Daughter #2 cried when I flushed those seeds down the toilet?