Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Because of its shape.

It was considered a big shame for women to  handle it.

Surprised

• sheila888
  • janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

Suzette - we definitely need to send someone to stake out that festival for the cure guy.  (And the deep fried actually looks pretty good with some dipping sauce maybe?

Seyla - I'll never think of asparagus the same way again.  Not only is cure guy stupid, he's a dirty old man esp. dressing up in asparagus drag the way he does!

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

Suzwes...not sure how appetizing  the fried asparagus picture looks but I think I'd probably like it..*L*

Wow..Seyla..never thought of aparagus in quite that way before...*L*

• EmilyInOntario

Oh yes...dipping sauce..definitely..now I want deep fried asparagus!

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

No more "smoking" asparagus for me ... LOL

• thrmine
    thrmine Member Posts: 30

After church Sunday a gentleman came up to see how I was doing.  He complimented my on how great I look and how great I am doing...goes on to pioint out how healthy he is at 73 and how his medical field kids keep telling him he could keep going like this for gosh, years.  "Yup I am healthy."
    Then he turns it back to me and says,  "But you, you have had what you call a curve ball."  

So you see ladies, I don't have BC, I have a curve ball.   

It wouldn't have been sooo funny and I wouldn't have busted out laughing on the way home had it not been for this thread.   Thanks for the laughs.

• thrmine
    thrmine Member Posts: 30

OK, as long as I am here, avoiding my children and the dinner I should be making...

My DH really is a dear.  But he has his moments.  I have been doing really well all in all.  I have tried very hard to put on a smile and take each day as it comes.  My blog is a constant stream of how I am coping andlearning and praying and offering up and on and on, 9 months of this now. 

So my DH who has his  moments..Two days before, TWO DAYS before my BMX, I asked him what's he thinking.  He turns to me and says, "ya know, you could try to be more postive about this."   WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!  Oh did he pay for that one! 

In his defense, he was concerned that when talking to the kids, I tend to go back to all is well now, but we hope for no recurrance.  He thinks I need not include that.  Perhaps he has a point but the timing.  Hello? 

Coffee break, the oral kind is over.  First rads today BTW. 

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

i think i may have been a little stupid myself.....

last night i ate hot wings, and beer. the beer wasn't the problem...... i have had a hard time eating my fav hot and spicy food since the start of chemo, it was either the buzz from my beer or my chemo brain fogging my sense of danger, but i ate hot wings, and today my throat has sores and my gums are sore... dammit!!!

my mouth hurts!Frown

• EmilyInOntario

hdangel...Awww...that happened to me about two weeks after first round of chemo ..no hot wings or beer was involved...but if you don't already havve the "magic mouthwash" from your cancer centre..it works..a sore mouth is misery.

Curveball..that's a good one....

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    Photobucket
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Suz, I might have to make a jaunt to Stockton next month.  Bad weekend (DS's B-day), but perhaps DH will let me go one day.  I need an Asparagus fix.

• sheila888

Which Asparagus Meece?

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Grab me some of the fried asparagus Meece, and send it to Michigan!  Our Asparagus doesn't come up until May or June (I think).

• Meece

You name it.  I don't have enough peeking out of the ground yet, and two is never enough!

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

How do they get tthe asparagus to grow with the fried batter on it?

That's my stupid comment for the day!

• Meece

California sunshine, silly!!!

• Meece

plant asparagus, pour batter over soil and viola' !

• Makratz

Boy do I feel stupid.  Dah!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

ROFL - good question Makraz.  My chemo brain has kicked in so my stupid question because I can't remember is - does asparagus cause cancer or prevent cancer???  OMG, help me - all I remember is that I have bounty that I'm sitting on right now.  Puff Puff Pass.

• Meece

You just haven't seen enough sunshine lately. 

• sheila888
    Too much Asparagus Linda!Laughing
  • Makratz

You have to blend it and take 2 tbsp 3 times a day while smoking a spliff of asparagus while balancing on your left foot.  Silly!

• Meece

Seyla, can you ever have too much Asparagus?

• sheila888
    NEVER NEVER NEVER.........
  • Meece

I didn't think so.  In fact I am going to check on mine and if there are three, I'll pick 'em.

• Makratz

Smoke some for me!

• Meece

My prob is I'm asthmatic.  I really can't inhale.

• Makratz

Neither did Bill.

• Meece

That's what I've heard.