Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254

Salma...wow. I guess that proves another point. Cancer isnt one disease. And if others swear by habanero peppers and it worked for them, great. I forgot how many different types ther are of breast cancer but they indeed are different. And what works for one may not work for another. Each individual responds differently to treatment. They dont treat all breast cancer patients with the same treatment for a reason. There are some promising treatments out there in trials etc and we can remain hopeful that someday breast cancer will be something of the passed. That EBC46 trial seems promising. I cant wait to find out which types of cancer it will work on..and I mean that. But for now...I hope people arent out there stopping their treatments and standing on the street corner waiting for a dealer to sell them some pot. Can u imagine how much money the drug companies would make if pot was indeed the only answer to the cure? They could make a fortune by putting it in various forms, growing it under strict guidelines etc. If pot was the answer..I dont think the drug companies would hide it..I think they would exploit it and charge us a fortune for it and thus still make mega bucks.  I'm thinking they could even come up with ways to use it as a preventive for those who have cancer in their families. ............Until then...for those who have strong stomachs u can do the habaneros, baking soda, lemon juice, flax, cottage cheese, asparagus shake LOLOL Hugs, Mazy

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804

I'm sorry, but the chocolate covered asparagus with the ice cream looked like cat poop!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Lets hope that isn't the new process for asparagus, feed it to a cat first...  You know, like that brewed drink made from the coffee beans the goats ate first, Kopi Luwak.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Thanks for my morning laugh Meece! Now I'm off to find a cat that will eat aspargus.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

OMG - that video reminded me of a story my DD told me years ago.  She had a small basket of habaneros in her fridge, a friend came over picked up and popped it in his mouth before she could stop him.  She said he turned red, gagged and threw up...........and laughed the entire time.  Ugh!!!

I think I'll stick with asparagus, lemons and a little smoke to cure cancer.

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

I got diagnosed with BC mid December last year.  Since it was near the holidays we decided to not tell the family until after the chaos.  So while my beau and I were out shopping we tried to make the best of our situation and use your humor...for instance I would see a pink ribbon and put it on my breast and say "Ribbon marks the spot"  and other grossly inappropriate jokes.  I gave him this box of pink top shopped ornaments that when you turn them at a certain angle they look just like a boob.  I titled the box "For the Breast Christmas EVER"  And of course we had a Breast New Year...and so on!  Well last night my main man comes home from the store with Mineaolas (a type of orange that has a "protuberance" off of one end. Holds it up to himself and says "This is the breast orange I could find, I call it an areola"  Thanks goodness we have the breast sense of humor!

• Meece

Sometimes our emotions are just one bad joke aways from tears, so bring 'em on.  I'd much rather laugh than cry.

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

So I just got home from a chinese buffet lunch...probably a mistake...chemo stomach wasn't quite up for that...but I DID have some asparagus and thought of all of you....

• Meece

I found that I never ate something that I really liked when doing chemo.  That way I didn't associate the yucky tummy with the best foods.

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
  • hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

girl friday, that is exactly how my hubby and i have been handling all this. some people think my husband is crazy or un emotional when he makes jokes, but who cares, as long as him and i are laughing that is all that matters!

and yes, i would much much MUCH rather laugh than cry!!

BTW, add cauliflower to the new cures. i was having my taxol today and reading a magazine. and it touts that cauliflower is now a new cure all, well actually not 'cureall" it was a veg that said it "prevented" breast cancer.

oh and all us ladies who partake in drinking activities, AGAIN the magazine tried to guilt us, saying no more than one drink per day, if not less ( yeah right, like half a beer c'mon). i quite frankly am getting so sick of propaganda that puts the cancer right back on us. our fault. we didn't eat right, drink alcohol, smoke, bear children, breast feed, etc etc.

i am 29, great health, never smoked (except that few and far between puff of MJ), i did drink, but not like a freaking alcoholic! like on weekends and such. and i still got cancer.

ugh! sorry needed to vent a little, i also found out i do in fact have strep throat today. it wasn't the firey chicken wings I ate that caused the fire in mouth!

hopefully i have something funny to add later!!!

not puffing, hurts my throat, but drinking my "herbal" tea, sip sip pass.....

• Makratz

Put some vodka and califlower in your tea.  Hope it helps.

BTW, I am screwed!  I hate califlower.  I can;t even spell it!

29???  You are a baby!  And I mean that in the most loving way.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with cancer so young!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    CAULIFLOWERWink
  • Makratz

Thanks Sheila.  I do know how to spell Vodka!

• CrazyKitties
    CrazyKitties Member Posts: 58

Drink a shitload of organic coffee while smoking pot, on your head, during the full moon.Go to a yoga class run by a passive-aggressive yogi, fart in their direction while chanting,"I give my cancer to the light." Say it like you mean it. Go to a co-op run by people who mean well but can't get past their own hype, ask them for the cure for breast cancer, take your flaxseed oil home, make a smoothie from fruit, ice, and 2 tbs. of the oil, and get on with your life.

Someone asked me after I told them I had breast cancer, "Weren't you getting your checkups?"

Uh, yes, I did have my checkups, THATS HOW I FOUND IT.

You won't get cancer if you have checkups, do yoga daily, drink coffee, have enemas, throw the I-CHING, and worship the moon. Also, I am fairy from the planet Zorgnon.

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780
    Laughing
  • Makratz

LOL!!  Check ups!!  PERFECT!

• EmilyInOntario

Okay..so let's get technical for a minute...this is asparagus curing cancer...or something...and read below what the author of this article has to say about asparagus and HOPE..apparently there is no HOPE without asparagus..

"Whether the asparagus cure or asparagus treatment is effective or not, it gives those with cancer hope and hope is the dearest thing in life when in danger. So if you know someone who has cancer you might want to bring this up to him or her to give them hope and try out something that might cure their sickness."

Honestly..you just can't make this stuff up...

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322

But the question begs to be answered:  Is there any asparagus without HOPE?

• Estel

Of course not.

Everyone knows that asparagus is synonymous with hope.

• EmilyInOntario

So can we substitute the word HOPE for ASPARAGUS in a sentence? Like " I asparagus you have a good trip? or " I asparagus you have a nice birthday? "  Hmm...would we sound like Charlie Sheen?

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210

I asparagus everyone has a great night.

• Estel

I asparagus everyone sleeps well.

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394

SPECIAL @ WHOLE FOODS THIS WEEK: Desperate and Discouraged ASPARAGUS, only $2.99/lb.

I bought two.

Wrapped in bacon, with a side of roasted cauliflower, and I will be immortal.  :-) 

• Estel

EmilyInOntario - LOL!  Indeed!  Undecided

• Meece

I have a resipe fo cauliflower that uses red pepper flakes, you think that's close enough to hanbaneros?

• Makratz

That depends, do you want to 'kinda' cure your breast cancer?  Is that 'close enough' for you?

• Makratz

Don't forget the cauliflower!

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

Ladies...please don't forget to get in touch with your feminine side...this could be the root of your problems.  That's why I've decided to sit on the couch and eat bon bon's while watching soap operas, in my Doris Day dress and wear the pearls I never got for a wedding I never had.  I'd like to take a hit on that joint, but golly I don't know if that would be very ladylike?  Is there an 18inch Cruella Deville filter I could use?

• Meece

So, what is gonna wipe out all the cancer cells that THEY know are in our bodies, but can't prove/locate?  Is it like wireless internet?  You can't see it, but it must be there.