Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

I confess I never tried anything. Maybe I'm stupid.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Neither have I.  I was miss goody two shoes.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765
    I was a miss goody two shoes too.  Although I did try a pack of cigarettes in college but never inhaledWink
  • jsmiley60
    jsmiley60 Member Posts: 31

Maybe I'm a pervert, but that fried asparagus looked like dead penises to me!! (maybe it's been so long I forget what they really look like............)

Went to my mom's yesterday and my sister had cooked. There was asparagus; I smelled it and said no thank you, gag, gag!!

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288
  • Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

I love asparagus and eat it every day.  Really.  I love that asparagus cake more!  I just hope it's green frosting! YUM!

• EmilyInOntario

And THIS, believe it or not, is chocolate covered asparagus with ice cream..

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

i found my cure..... oreo cupcakes.... that's my cure for today anyway!

• mamanmidwife
    mamanmidwife Member Posts: 15

I got this email today (yet again for the 100th time), and apparently ladies the cure man has been right under our noses @ john hopkins

Johns Hopkins Update - 
    This is an extremely good article. Everyone should read it.

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY ('TRY', BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOUTHERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY . 

Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins: 

1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size. 

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime. 

3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer 
      cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and
      forming tumors. 

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has
      nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic,
      but also to environmental, food and lifestyle factors

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet to eat more adequately and healthy, 4-5 times/day and by including supplements will strengthen the immune system. 

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing
      cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc. 

7.. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs. 

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of
      chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor
      destruction. 

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from
      chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either
      compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications. 

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to
        mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy.
        Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other
        sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer
        cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply. 

*CANCER CELLS FEED ON: 

a. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses, but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved. 

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little other meat like chicken. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer. 

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole
      grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into
      an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked
      food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live
      enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to
      cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance
      growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including be an sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104° F (40°C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high
      caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer
      fighting properties. Water - best to drink purified water, or
      filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap
      water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it. 

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of
        digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the
        intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic
        buildup. 

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By
        refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells. 

14. Some supplements build up the immune system
        (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the bodies own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells. 

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit.
        A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life. 

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen  therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells. 

1. No plastic containers in microwave ovens

2. No water bottles in freezer

3. No plastic wrap in microwave

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. 
    Please share this with your whole email list......................... 
    Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead. 

--

Gordon Broido
    New Tel Number

813 379 6742

• mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250
    Wow, Gordon's phone number is in my area code - Tampa, FL.  Never puffed either.  Do enjoy my wine--not so sure about asparagus wine though.  I agree, the fried and chocolate covered asparagus looks like really bad penises to me.  My cure is coming tomorrow.  My grandson is being born.  He will cure lots of things in my lifeCool
  • Eloise
    Eloise Member Posts: 8

Hello everyone, I just noticed this thread yesterday and have been getting caught up with it.  And it's well worth the time! 

I'm in the San Francisco suburbs, not that far from Stockton so if I happen to go to the Asparagus Festival I'll keep my eyes peeled for your Cure Man.  

But! Did you know that here in San Francisco we have a public observance of Saint Stupid's Day? And it's coming right up on April 1. http://www.saintstupid.com/  

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Eloise...Every State should have one. Laughing
  • mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250

What ritual should we do on St. Stupid Day to pay homage to the really stupid people? The one finger salute comes to mind---hmmmm

• EmilyInOntario

mamanmidwife..I've seen that one too. The REAL Johns Hopkins website addresses each of the above claims in the link below and has this to say about that email..

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/Email_Hoax_Regarding_Cancer

STATEMENT: EMAIL HOAX REGARDING CANCER

Information falsely attributed to Johns Hopkins called, "CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS" describes properties of cancer cells and suggests ways of preventing cancer.  Johns Hopkins did not publish the information, which often is an email attachment, nor do we endorse its contents.  The email also contains an incorrect spelling of our institution as "John" Hopkins; whereas, the correct spelling is "Johns" Hopkins. For more information about cancer, please read the information on our web site or visit the National Cancer Institute's web site at http://www.cancer.gov/.  Please help combat the spread of this hoax by letting others know of this statement.

• catbill
    catbill Member Posts: 102
    The Cure Guy lives in Blue Earth, Minnesota Pea In A Pod Bunting Infant Costumewith his 2 sons, Sprout and Sweet Pea.  Here's a shot of Sweet Pea (the youngest).
  • mamanmidwife
    mamanmidwife Member Posts: 15

THank you emily, i copy and pasted the  real stuff right back to the sender and all the other recipients.

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254

Girlfriday ...ROFLMAO

• HollyinMich
    HollyinMich Member Posts: 57

Lol, I love this thread.  You ladies are hilarious!  Thanks Emily for posting a link we can all respond with along with a t-shirt to stupid!  :D

Here's another link that you can forward about the Acidic/Alkaline BS that I'm always hearing too.  I think my new favorite response to that one is going to be "Homeostasis, if you don't know what it is look it up!!"

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/coral2.html

Puff, puff, pass!

• Mazy1959

Emily whats a habanero pepper? LOL Is it hot? I can only imagine the heart burn LOL

• Mazy1959

Nice shape for sure lOL

• Meece

I believe that the habanero is the hottest of the capsium family.

• Mazy1959

Meece thx..I better pass on that cure then LOL

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394

Mazy,

You might know it as a scotch bonnet. Small hot little sucker! Eating a sandwich with sliced habaneros is a sure sign of the stupid gene.

*susan* 

• Meece

I believe it is the capsium that they were experimenting with as a topical anethesia during surgery, several years ago.  i haven't heard much about it since.  I had a friend on a double blind test on it.

• Mazy1959

Susan thank u for letting me know I made a "smart" decision not to eat it LOLOL.

• EmilyInOntario

Here's a video showing you how you might expect to react if you eat a habanero pepper...

http://www.maniacworld.com/Kid-vs-Habanero-Pepper.html

Now imagine "enjoying" that on a sandwich with garlic 3 times a day...

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322

I did that once, on a dare, it was painful.  But it was nothing compared to how much it hurt when I rubbed my eyes with the same hand that I used to handle the pepper.  I truly wanted to die! 

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    I wish that there had been a cure for stupid that day Embarassed.
  • bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210
    I have a stupid question - can I just eat the asparagus?  I like it best that way...Laughing
  • Salma1971
    Salma1971 Member Posts: 4

You know ladies... If anyone tells you about the habanero and Garlic again.. tell them this real story... In our side of the world..some people are actually addicted to habanero... My husband and his brother... both are addicted to habanero... They eat it daily with pitta bread with their lunch... which is usually the main meal of the day and that's a hot cooked meal... So My brother in law..who has been eating habanero for all his life... was diagnosed with Lung Cancer with bone mets last June-------- Or I guess that's an exception to a very solid scientific case ;-)