Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

I think you may be on to something Meece.

Puff, puff pass with the Cruella filter on the joint.  Just keepin' it safe!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I just went to another group I belong to. Someone posted a picture of their lunch... steamed broccoli and cauliflower. A comment read, you should title this "Anti-Cancer Supreme!" I laughed until I choked.

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322

What, no asparagus?

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

next time i go out next, i am taking a picture of my chicken wings, and my Blue Moon Beer, with a pool stick in my hand and smoking an asparagus

then i will post it on here, for you all to see

my cancer cure! lololol!

• crazy4carrots
    crazy4carrots Member Posts: 624

Hey everybody -- I think you've got the makings of a hilariously funny stage play here -- the script is practically written!  Give it some thought :)

Hugs to all,  Linda

• veggy

Or...

"Chemopause- The Musical"

• crazy4carrots
    crazy4carrots Member Posts: 624

Or....how about the title of this very thread?

• HollyinMich
    HollyinMich Member Posts: 57
    Now that my sense of taste and smell is beginning to return PFC, the smell and taste of Oreos are divine.  Oreos give me hope, so does that mean Oreos cure cancer as well?? They're so much tastier than asparagus.  Oh and they have chocolate in them and they help to elevate your mood to help keep that positive attitude that we all know is only way to beat cancer!  Lol, I'm really grasping for some justification here to give in to my horrible craving.  Tongue out
  • hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

oh go for them holly!!! you GOT to! this disease has ripped us apart and taken away from us!

eat a cookie, or if you are like me with those damn oreos, eat a sleeve of them!

enjoy!

• shelly56
    shelly56 Member Posts: 142

CrazyKitties:  Sorry but that someone who asked about your checkups is just plain stupid.  I just have friends (use the term loosely here) that tell me all about relatives that have died from BC.  Nice, huh? 

• veggy

When "friends" tell me they knew someone that died of cancer, I ask them how that is supposed to encourage me.

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304

I LOVE this!!!  When I told my MIL I likely have BC, she told me--well, that's it...no more soda!  (Granted, I should probably stop drinking soda, but come ON!).  She's the same person who told wondered aloud...to my husband...if my lactose intolerance had caused my first miscarriage.  OY!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

People can be so cruel and you have to figure they know what they are doing.  It isn't ALL stupidity, is it?

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

veggy:   That is awesome!  I always wanna say something like that! And am never quick enough because I just feel so shell shocked when someone says it to me.

The other day someone found out I was going to rads appt, and they said, "Ah, that's no big deal, I had a friend that did that"  And I must say, it's not like it's a big deal to me...at least not right now, but still bothered me and I wanted to say "Shah, and monkey's might fly out my butt."  Although my reply doesn't make much sense, my need to quote Wayne's World was very strong.

• Meece
    I got tired of the people who knew someone who did chemo and THEY didn't lose their hair.
  • veggy

My mother used to tell me about other people she knew or heard of that had cancer. I told her that I don't care and I don't want to hear it. She stopped bringing it up. This is my fight. I don't need horror stories. Here's your sign!

• GirlFriday

Ah Meece:  You must be one of those  people that actually suffer from the most common side effect of chemo, next to nausea.  How embarassing.

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    How about the people who know someone who went through chemo and they were flat on their backs, all the while implying that your chemo can't be that bad, I mean you are out and about.
  • GirlFriday

I'm tired of my beau's mother asking to see my boob.  (Of course I haven't shown her since the surgery, and I know it's driving her nuts.) Can you even imagine asking someone that?  I can't.  Here's your sign.

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

Meece, I guess your cancer wasn't that bad.  Maybe those red pepper flakes will work for you!

girlfriday, did you show her your boob before surgery?

puff puff pass....

• GirlFriday

Or someone asking you "Have you ever seen Terms of Endearment?"

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

Holly....you have it all wrong...oreo's don't give you "hope", they give you asparagus....geez

• KELL414240
    KELL414240 Member Posts: 3

You guys are a hoot!!! I have laughed and laughed. If I hear about one more vitamin, cure, etc!!! What I have loved is when your hair starts to grow back, people feel they have a pass to rub your short hair??? It's like being pregnant all over again and getting your belly rubbed by complete strangers.

I know people mean well but the patience is so running thinFoot in mouth

• Meece

I hated it when people I knew thought they should see my bald head, because they thought it was probably cute!

• KELL414240
    KELL414240 Member Posts: 3
    If it's so cute, tell them to shave theirsWink
  • Meece

Better yet, let me yank it out for them!!!

• Melanie_Ann
    Melanie_Ann Member Posts: 53

Ugh, I'm getting tired of the comments too...these are my favorites. I know some have been mentioned...

1. I know so and so and she didn't miss a day of work going through chemo. Me-what type of chemo did she have? Response- the normal kind. 

2. Well my aunt so and so put a cold pack on her head through chemo and didn't lose her hair. 

3. You're 1/6th of the way done. What a relief!

4. You don't look like you're in pain.

5. Well the nause has got to be better than the chest pain! ---ugh, whatever

6. It's only 8 months of your life, then you'll be all done with it. 

I could go on and on I'm sure. Those have been some of my favorite. I'll report back if I come up with more. 

-And the rubbing of the head thing drives me nuts! I just want to scream...don't touch me! In fact, I probably have. But just to my poor dad. lol =)

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965

I must be living on another planet. Either that or I am one intimidating individual (I've heard that before). Nobody *ever* said anything stupid to my face.

Some stupid emails, for sure, and one very annoying act by my SIL (that I slapped down to parade rest) but other than that... nada.

Can we get back to looking for the CC guy now? I think I smelled him when I was outside earlier... like steamed veggies with lemon sauce.

• Meece

I thought you might have smelled where you thought he went weewee in your flower bed.

• Meece

No mistaking where there is asparagus weewee.