Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
    thanks guys!  I was so "asparagus-ful" that it would turn out that way!!Wink
  • Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

We were all asapragusful for you too!  Such great news!

• Elizabeth1959
    Elizabeth1959 Member Posts: 78

Its good to know asparagus has lots of uses.  Helpful health advice courtesy of MSN

Hung Over? Choose Asparagus

When South Korean researchers exposed a group of human liver cells to asparagus extract, it suppressed free radicals and more than doubled the activity of two enzymes that metabolize alcohol. That means you'll feel like yourself again twice as quickly.

Discover the 11 best ways to ease a hangover

Good to know, don't you think?

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I don't think good, ole Captain Morgan would agree.

• Elizabeth1959

Maybe Captain Morgan should discuss his recommendations with the federal agents who are withholding the cure from the rest of us.  Where is the Cure Guy anyways.

• Makratz

That's why you need to mix the Captain with the asparagus.  You can drink all day and night and never be hungover!

I think the Cure Guy is with Captain and Elvis.  Maybe even Jose!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

and Jim Beam

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    That shouldn't be a hard group to find.  Is this them?
  • Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    I actually had a chiropractor tell me she knew a woman with Stage III cancer cure it by putting black salve on it - here I had every surgery known to man, chemo, radiaton - more surgery, hysterectomy - and I could have cured it with tiger balm - damn. When I read those things on how to lower your risk - nurse your babies etc - I just laugh because I've done almost every dang one of them  and I love asparagus - and bounty and weed - hmmmmmmmm EllieCool
  • Makratz

Great pic Meece! Perfect!  Do you think one of them is the Cure Guy?

Ellie, you forget to mix the aspargus with the Captain.  Are you puffin' to much?

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I am so happy that asparagus is the cure for too much captain as well as the cure for cancer.  My life is now complete!  Puff, Puff, Pass

(BTW - congrats on the good news thegood5)

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

thegood5:  You must have smoked plenty of Asparagus to get to B9!  Congrats!!!  Puff, puff, pass!

• Elizabeth1959

Meece

I think that may be the group we are looking for.

I also love asparagus

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

We better add Graceland to the surveillance list. 

• Ellie1959

The Captain and I are old friends - I kind of dumped him for Malibu - couldn't I mix that with the asparagus???Kiss

• Ellie1959
    See full size image
  • Laurie09
    Laurie09 Member Posts: 29

Sure, Cindy!  All you have to do is say that: 

a: you ate thin mints

b: you are currently cancer free

c: therefore, it stands to reason that thin mints cure cancer. Laughing

See?  Simple! 

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

thegood5:  That is awesome! Congratulations!

Iodine:  I love the story of about your son!

I've been eating the Girl Scout "thank you" cookies.  They are educational because each one says thank you in a different language....the only problem is, I eat them before I think to read them.

Laurie09:  Your scientific process is excellent!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

so craving girl scout cookies right now!!!!!

and captain morgan. although i am saving myself for the captain for 2 more weeks! once chemo is done, the captain and i will have a relationship again, maybe not as intense of one we had before BC, but he will be back in my life! Beer and wine has taken his place the last 4 months, and i do miss him!

lololol!! i think i have officially lost my mind!

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

hdangelbaby:  not lost your mind...it's just capt withdrawal.  I'm doing the pose right now in your honor!  I've been trying not to drink all day.  I've cut out during the week drinking all together...and today that just seems like such a stupid idea!  Argh!  I may set sail and raise the pirate flag...Yar!

• mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250

I have a new grandson, Jacob.

I am cancer free;

Therefore, having a grandson makes him the cure guyPhotobucket

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

That ougth to di it, Mary.  Jacob is adorable!!!

• Laurie09
    Congratulations, Mary and Jacob the Cure Guy! Smile
  • HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965

Girl Friday- We've got your back!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

i am loving it heidi!!!!!

ARRGGGGGHHHHH!

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

I received a flower arrangement today with ... A LEMON IN THE WATER!!!  That's right - the flowers do not have breast cancer (I did the exam myself, in the moonlight, on one foot, while Cure Guy awaited me in the shower). 

I'm going to have to add some Captain to this day ...

• SunnyCoconut
    SunnyCoconut Member Posts: 191

Heidi -  that makes me want to go sailing again!  I used to live in Annapolis and went sailing all the time.  Now I live in St Pete and everybody has stupid motor boats.  I miss sailing... sailing away...

• SunnyCoconut
    SunnyCoconut Member Posts: 191

fuzz - where exactly are their little breasts?  I am however very glad that they are cancer free!  And we thought lemons were just for getting rid of freckles.  (Oh, that's so brady!)

• Laurie09

fuzzylemon, Ding! Ding! Ding! That settles it!  Lemons DO cure cancer! LOL! 

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 13

Wow where have I been to miss this thread? I've kinda been working today at work; but mostly LMAO! People are beginning to wonder what drugs I'm on.

Has anybody read this one? Forgive me if it's already here I had to skip a few of the 28 pages here.

Today I'd like to talk to you about my easy victory over my own (alleged)Stage 4 cancer.

Maybe the best place to start with this would be to let you know that researchers at UCLA garnered lots of headlines two years ago because they had done something pretty incredible. (1)

What had the UCLA researchers done? They shrank tumors by 80% with the heat from habaneros peppers. That is quite extraordinary in terms of what is usually accomplished with toxic drugs.

It's also worth noting that in the US the State of New Mexico has the lowest cancer mortality rate of all 50 states. They probably eat more peppers in New Mexico per capita than all the other states, too.

For several decades, modern medicine has tried a lot of toxic compounds, hoping to 'out-toxic' the cancer.

And sure enough, the compounds did out-toxic cancer. Unfortunately, it usually out-toxics the patient as well.

The result has been that cancer treatments are usually an expensive, painful and scary proposition. But you already knew that.

I didn't go bald or get sick to my stomach!

Fortunately, my Stage 4 cancer was none of the above for me. My advanced cancer treatment cost less than two tickets and popcorn at the movies.

My treatment wasn't painful. And I wasn't scared...I didn't lose a minute's sleep...because I knew what to do.

There's more I just hit the highlights. With a shape of an L on his forehead!!!! Can we all sing?

Peace and Love,

Edie