Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

You can just dip your olives in your martini and eat and drink.  It's a complete meal!

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
  • janet in virginia
  • sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890

Burley-----you should wear the olives and never say a word.

TOO bad you work in a small shop------is it owner  vs franchised?  If it's franchised  or part of a bigger operation there are rules.    A private shop. unless your boss reeles her inlike a fish, you have to take the offensive. Tell your boss everything that has been said and done , document everything. If your boss chooses do nothing and one day you tell the bitch off, and it cost's you your job then you have documentation for unemployment. Worst case scenario. ........try asking your boss after your explanation of what she has said to you. ----what does it mean to her business when she says something so malignant to a customer.    Someone here or on another thread had a hairsalon person say something as malignant-----everyone that responded said in part don't go there again . IF your boss realizes that she is going to lose business because this person is so INSENTIVE and has no clue about boundries i.e. she is cutting hair and has no right to ask any personal info. She should be let go.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183

• [Deleted User]
  • burley
    burley Member Posts: 248

You go Hadley!  Thumbs up to calling her out on the carpet!  That's awesome-I applaud you.  And yes, who cares what the response is.  Let's hope she gets a wake up call and apologizes for what she said to you (well, ok, don't hold your breath, but there's always a sliper of hope!)  I'm sorry someone could be so insensitive to you, but hey, there's a lot of that going around isn't there!  What's up with people?

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

Burley/Hadley:  I've been having some blasts from the pasts lately, and I think the one and only response to these fidiots in your life is to reply simply, without malice "Go suck an egg!"  Then smile and walk away.  You both are way to fabulous to have it marr you in any way!

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Just in time for Mother's Day, a bouquet of bacon roses:

http://bacontoday.com/bouquet-of-bacon-roses/

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

Fellow cluckers, I think our cover has been blown.  My DH and I were watching House last night and, yep, you guessed it, they had chickens on the show!  I wonder if House is the cure guy?

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Lost_Creek - here's your bacon roses.

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

I'm trying to remove cheese and wheat from my diet...and yet these are the recipes I keep seeing.  I think the cure guy is a producer at the Today Show.

Recipe: Asparagus and goat cheese crostini, with grapefruit and radish

Curtis Stone

Ingredients

For crostini

1 French baguette (only need a 1/2 of the baguette, cut 1/4-inch-thick slices on a bias)

1 garlic clove, cut in half (using the cut end, rub the garlic clove on the outside of the baguette before slicing the bread)

3 icicle radishes, sliced paper-thin on a mandolin (place in ice water once sliced), if you do not have a mandolin then julienne is fine

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Sea salt, to taste

Black pepper, ground, from peppermill, to taste

For the goat cheese spread:

5 ounces goat cheese

2 tablespoons Greek yogurt

2 tablespoons chopped chervil, packed tight

1 teaspoon grapefruit zest, packed tightly, use a microplane

For the asparagus salad:

1 bunch asparagus cut from the ends, medium-size, blanched (cut in half lengthwise, then cut on a bias 1/4 inch thick, should yield 3/4 pint)

2 shallots, medium-size, minced

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Place the 24 slices of baguette on a sheet tray. Using a pastry brush, apply the extra- virgin olive oil to the slices; make sure to use all the olive oil.

Season the slices with sea salt and fresh-ground pepper.

Place the baguette slices in the oven and toast for 7 minutes or until lightly browned but still slightly soft.

For the goat cheese spread: Combine the goat cheese, Greek yogurt, chopped chervil, and grapefruit zest in a small bowl and mix well.

For the asparagus salad: Combine the sliced asparagus, minced shallots, olive oil, paprika, and kosher salt in a small mixing bowl and combine well.

To construct the crostini: Apply 1 teaspoon of goat cheese spread to the crostini and spread organically - does not need to be spread evenly.

Next, spoon half a tablespoon of asparagus salad onto the crostini

Garnish with two slices of radish,  pressing the radish into the goat cheese.

• [Deleted User]
  • janet in virginia

Amen to that Mindover!

• Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    So I have a question for you clucker's - Do you realize it is 4/20 and what that means - asparagus for all............,Cool
  • Merilee
    Merilee Member Posts: 734

HA! a cure for stupid, imagine the waiting list!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

mindovermatter..............Hysterical................I use to do that with the finger olives to my daughter who is now 42, and she does it to her kids now who are 12, and 10......I thought I was the only goon who did that.....................Nice to know I'm not alone.......hugs

• Makratz

4/20, smoke em if you got em.

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

HAPPY FOUR TWENTY CLUCKERS!!!

PUFF PUFF PASS!!!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I still remember my father playing with his food and he has been gone now 43 years.Two of his favorite snacks were olives and Mom's homemade doughnuts.  With each of them he would always stick one on each finger of one hand.  The olives he ate from the fingers but the doughnuts he didn't want to risk losing by having one fall off when he took a bite.  And oh, how his eyes would sparkle as he ate.

• burley
    burley Member Posts: 248

Olives, homemade doughnuts and crostini...I'm now officially starving.

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333

Cluck Cluck...who's there....just thought I would cluck in for a moment - I am back to work (been out since April 7th) so I have much catching up to do...here and there and everywhere! 

I thought sure that somewhere in my clinic travels I would come across the CCG but no such luck...cluck. 

News is - I will be officially 'retiring' from the world of working in the next couple months...RV is waiting and it is road trip major in real life and for sure...plenty of time to keep an always watchful CCG radar detector on board...Janet...how we making out with the survelience equipment for the hen house?  I wonder if we can get a 'carton deal' if we order up home and travel gear...humm - night vision goggles have been great but how about some night vision radar and satelite? 

And YES...I am going to finally upgrade to a smart phone - this 4G coverage better be as good as they say it is...

I had to skip the reading and just go right to the last page - I will catch up so I am not so lost or the rest aren't so lost about what in the heck I am talking about...clucking grand day - the winter that never ends dumped another few inches of snow on us today - at one point heading to work - it was white out - in clucking April!  Well, gotta love Minnesnowta...some years it really earns the name...

Out for Now....LowRider

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

One Big Mother Clucker

• [Deleted User]

I just knew this would happen.

• [Deleted User]

Anyone else sick and tired of breast cancer stupid stuff.  Why do women with BC have to tolerate this crap?  I was diagnosed in October.  What a great month to get it.  Can't research be done quietly without all the dumb stuff that goes along with it.  I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

• [Deleted User]

You wanna know my wish????  Stop selling this crap.  I'm sick and tired of it, and I'm not going to take it anymore.  How about moving a little faster all you researchers and make it happen now.  Not tomorrow.  Right now or else I'm going to smack you right in the face with a bunch of asparagus!  Then a giant mother-clucking chicken is going to crap on your microscope and lay an egg on your petri dish.  So take that! 

• Makratz

I WISH I never had cancer.  Is that the cure?  A wish.  Boy do I feel stupid!

• janet in virginia

• janet in virginia