Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets do a Sh*t People say to Metastatic BC Patients

Options

Comments

• Raenae
    Raenae Member Posts: 3
    Options

Has anyone ever been told that none of us are guaranteed tomorrow...I guess therefore our Stage IV doesn't mean bull?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    Options

Oh welcome Raenae, sorry about u being here for u'r problems--There are wonderful people hear with all types of knowledge and very caring. And tell us about u'r self too. One thing about me I'm a lousy typist.

And I agree with what u said the only difference is we know about our future a little bit more. But it's true no one knows what tomorrow brins for anyone so all we can do is live the best we can and surround ourselved with those we love.

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    Options

2 oncs telling me my old pain from my previous tumor and my new pain was NOT caused by cancer at all cause my PET was clear and  I needed to have a different type of doctor to diagnose my pain. In reality PET not clear...90% of my bone marrow has cancer and am now on chemo again. 

Are you going to lose your hair again???Im so sorry..I know that has to be the worse part cause you have such pretty hair.  

Why are you out and about..you look like shit girl. One of our customers said this to me...her nickname is Sweety.

Now you know that once they cut into you you're a gonner. You shoulda just left it there and let God do his will.

HOney..how long do you think you have? I want to be sure I'm here when "it" happens....( I couldnt resist on this and told her I would call when I knew LOLOLOL. And then she asked how would I know...I really wanted to slap her 

• singletona80
    singletona80 Member Posts: 44
    Options

Mazy.. Hahaha about the last one!!! I was in tears with laughter. OMG people are so silly sometimes u just have to shake ur head and LOL.

You should have told her that since she wanted to be there when "it" happened.. U might just take her with ya!!!! Haha that would have really been funny

• Mzmerz
    Mzmerz Member Posts: 80
    Options

My sister in law just texted me to ask, Why haven't any of your doctors offered you a bone marrow transplant.

Sometimes, I just don't know what to say to her and her wild ideas. 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Well, MzMerz, at least she didn't ask why you don't eat asparagus 3 times a day.

Leah

• JillThut
    JillThut Member Posts: 97
    Options

Someone said to me when the mets were just in my liver and bones, "Why can't you get a liver transplant and live as a rubber band?"

• Lynn1
    Lynn1 Member Posts: 209
    Options

Mzmerz:  My mom asked me that same thing...why don't they just let you get a bone marrow transplant?  She said it like it was easy as getting a shot or something.  Um, don't think I really want a bone marrow transplant if I don't have to have one!  And said as if that would be the cure - do that, and all will be well.

My mom has also said, "why do these chemos only work for you for such a short time?  So-and-so has been on their treatment for YEARS!!   Which translates to me as "what are you doing wrong?"  :(

• Mazy1959
    Options

single...oh that would be good LOLOL

• Mazy1959
    Options

Rae..I'm ok if a cancer patient or myself says no one is guaranteed tomorrow...But it gets old when others say it all the time..like they are just telling me a revelation that I had never heard. "You know that I could die before you".     ....Yeah but you would be lucky enough to get ran over by a bus and die on impact. I luv this thread LOLOL

• camillegal
    Options

When my ex-H--found out he did call me and ask me how much time did they give me. I just said as long as anyone else has walking this earth. He did say but u'r sick, really sick.  Long story short he died 2 yrs agop--Oh I did feel sadness, all these years he'd call me just to talk and he is the father of But I was still mad at him for not putting in dgtrs in his will-he could do it so that's why I was mad. my girls. Well his wife didn't like it--But he lived in FL so that was fine.

• SPAMgirl
    SPAMgirl Member Posts: 137
    Options

My Mom offered me her liver. If that wasn't bad enough, she offered me my brother's liver. I had to tell her multiple times that it wouldn't work.

• camillegal
    Options

OOOHHH U have to appreciate that, especially that she offered u u'r bothers.

• Raenae
    Options

Thank you Carmillegal for your kind words. One thing about me is that I seem to have a problem putting my thoughts on paper and typing...

I have gotten so caught up and hurt so many times by what people tell me. I had just told someone that I was haveing a hard time taking pain medications. Of course she said that she hurt all the time and she just dealt with it....

Then I logged on and saw this thread and was so thankful to see that other people were having the same problems...

• Raenae
    Options

Thank you Carmillegal for your kind words. One thing about me is that I seem to have a problem putting my thoughts on paper and typing...

I have gotten so caught up and hurt so many times by what people tell me. I had just told someone that I was haveing a hard time taking pain medications. Of course she said that she hurt all the time and she just dealt with it....

Then I logged on and saw this thread and was so thankful to see that other people were having the same problems...

• surfdreams
    surfdreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

A co-worker gets miffed when I have scans and others know and she didn't. Truth is - if someone asks me when my next scans are, or how the results are, I tell them. But if they don't ask, I don't tell them. It's kind of funny and kind of not that she then acts like her feelings are hurt because she's out of the loop. Didn't realize that I had to keep people informed who don't show an interest in me or my condition in the first place? 

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

The mother who thinks you're doing treatment wrong, the customer who says you look like s--t, the mother who offers you your brother's liver, the suggestion that you get an over-the-counter bone marrow transplant..this thread just gets better and better.

Fitz, your video is going to be sooooooo good! Have you begun?

Tina

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,074
    Options

lol, love that over-the-counter bone marrow transplant comment

• superfoob
    superfoob Member Posts: 121
    Options

My mother, in an email about how selfish I am, stated that my illness is comparable to her business failing.

Nice, huh?

This is even better, she also said that our lives are similar now because we both don't know if we will have 5,10 or 15 years ahead of us. Yeah...my mother...who is already 24 years ahead of me in the game of life. Sweet.

• camillegal
    Options

Superfoob u'r mother sounds not really very nice to u. why is she like that? How does she treat other people. I' sorry I don't understand people like that--I'm a mom myself and I can't picture me thinking in those kind of lines any way u put it I'm sorry u have to go thru this while trying to heal and destress u'rself.

• Mazy1959
    Options

Super..wow thats harsh coming from your mom.

• superfoob
    superfoob Member Posts: 121
    Options

Thank you, Camille.

I think she may be trying to distance herself from me emotionally to make it easier for her to deal with my illness.

Or...she just crazy.

• camillegal
    Options

Well foob u might be right, maybe she just can't face it after all we all handle everything differently and maybe she just can't facd thins so it's easier for her this wsy.

or she's crazy

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

i was told once, that after they looked it up on the computer, they found out i didnt have breast cancer again. my doc  wrong. then i said WHAT, really, what else could one say to that, then it was explained to me, since i dont have breasts anymore, i coudnt possibly have had a reoccurance. didnt realize it so simple.  so many books could be written by us. i am a hairdresser, i shake my head often when peope speak..lol

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

i was told once, that after they looked it up on the computer, they found out i didnt have breast cancer again. my doc  wrong. then i said WHAT, really, what else could one say to that, then it was explained to me, since i dont have breasts anymore, i coudnt possibly have had a reoccurance. didnt realize it so simple.  so many books could be written by us. i am a hairdresser, i shake my head often when peope speak..lol

• Mazy1959
    Options

susan...proof that stupid people exist. I shouldnt be shocked I guess. I have a relative who says I have leukemia cause my mets are in my marrow. LOLOL.

• camillegal
    Options

Mazy---I/m starting to feel smarter and smarter all the time.

• mommyx3
    mommyx3 Member Posts: 13
    Options

WoW, you look really good.  I expected you to be extremely skinny and drawn in. This was told to me after not seeing someone for months.  I also get the "how many more treatments" question.  I also have people who are Stage 0 or 1 comparing our situations, ummm no its not the same.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

comment by a rn, Well, my mom had bc but it wasn't the breast cancer that killed her it was the lung mets.(this was the day after I had found out that I had liver mets and possible bone mets!)  There are worse things than dying.REALLY?

• daisyv
    daisyv Member Posts: 1
    Options

My former oncologist: I just lost a patient who had lung mets so bad she could barely walk across the room when diagnosed.  She and her husband decided to retire and travel and she lived ten years. 

Wouldn't it be great if everyone could just retire and travel?