Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2013 Survivors!!!

Options

Comments

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited December 2012
    Options

Congrats on your milestone! 

• websister
    websister Member Posts: 405
    edited December 2012
    Options

Ramols - I have done the ups and downs PFC. Very happy on chemo day, kind of depressed yesterday - but I am still trying to deal with 'the system' in regards to my Mom and where she is going post hip fracture. With post chemo aches and coming down from dexamethasone not a good combination. It will all be good again, going to Handel's Messiah this evening with a group of friends, I'll definitely be joining in the Hallelujah chorus.

• juneaubugg
    juneaubugg Member Posts: 517
    edited December 2012
    Options

just catching up here. mcook; you brought me to tears too. so true, so honest. thank you!

ramols; I was a big emotional mess too. gratitude masks me cry.

• MrsCich
    MrsCich Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2012
    Options

Mcook, congratulations. What an amazing perspective for all of us. I'm praying my last chemo is behind me but as you know, I won't know until the 20th. I have to admit... If my MO says 4 is good, it will be one hell of a Christmas gift for me and there will be a celebration!!!!!!

• mcook301
    mcook301 Member Posts: 314
    edited December 2012
    Options

Happy Sunday!

My question today as I clean out my closest? Will I ever need these push up bras again or for that fact any of these again? Should I throw or donate them?

• 2FriedEggs
    2FriedEggs Member Posts: 324
    edited December 2012
    Options

McCook- don't throw them out just yet. Save until a month or so after your exchange you might want/ need them to keep them from falling down in too far or just for an occassional attempt at cleavage which when they soften up is kind of possible lol

• mcook301
    edited December 2012
    Options

2fried - I did get rid of a lot of them but plan on having a bra shopping party when I can get rid of these dam sports bras! 24/7 I have been wearing these harnesses and I can't wait to burn the dam things!

I talk a Friend of my mom's today who is a 7 yr survivor. She had a frozen shoulder like me and although looks fabulous and in great shape. she gained a lot of weight after Bc and started working out years later. But she told me she has never been able to raise her arm above her head :( I hope mine gets better but it has not budged even as much as I try to stretch it. At least the only time it hurts is when I forget and try and grab something or hit it by accident and man that about brings me to my knees. I pray I get my mobility back but it is not getting better yet. So no skiing for me this year darn it. At least no lymphdema yet so praying that stay the same. My happy today is that I ....mmmm? Trying.....ok I will go walk on treadmill for 15 minutes! Anyone want to virtually help keep me motivated by joining! I need to get my ass back in shape because it is probably making more depressed some days than having cancer! Sad but true I want to look sexy and cute again:) I will but one mile at a time:) hugs! (would much rather grab a fabulous glass of cab! )

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited December 2012
    Options

Mcook, I will join you on my stationary bike :) Some days it is tough to get myself to jump on the silly thing but always feel great when I am done. So go take a stroll on your friendly treadmill.

• mcook301
    edited December 2012
    Options

Perfect! Thanks! Iatigger!

• juneaubugg
    edited December 2012
    Options

I'm a lazy, sugar eating slug myself. I WANT to be healthy again, but it was hard for me to get exercise BEFORE BC, now it's just as hard to get started again... And I'm crazing sugar! Not carbs like I used to, but sugar!

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited December 2012
    Options

Juneau, I am like you ... Chocolate and more chocolate ...

• ramols
    ramols Member Posts: 310
    edited December 2012
    Options

My happy tonight was a giagantic bowl of chocolate marshmallow ice cream. So much for trying to scale back on the sugar. Does cancer really love sugar as much as I do?

• Outdamnedspot
    Outdamnedspot Member Posts: 164
    edited December 2012
    Options

I wonder about the sugar connection an FBC. I have a huge sweet tooth and in the beginning I couldn't stop thinking about jujubes. Then chocolate. Then cake. Now I am trying to stay away from all of that as it sure is hard getting the weight off that crept on these last three months.

• juneaubugg
    edited December 2012
    Options

Outdamnspot...I HEAR THAT! Me too, me too!!!

Ramols: my happy was a vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles!! (A girls gotta get her rainbows somewhere... Now off to find those damn butterflies!!!)

• Chrisrenee77
    Chrisrenee77 Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    Options

well if sugar loves cancer then IT REALLY LOVES ME! I'm a sugar fiend. The more thats out there the more for me. I know I should restrict myself from it but it's really hard to.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm 6 days post exchange and I'm feeling great. I don't hurt except for where the lipo on the sides were done. My boobs don't hurt at all. I take a pain pill at night only so I can sleep. This whole sleeping on my back is for the birds. I came out of the OR with drain tubes inplace once more. I'm hoping to get them out wednesday.

Tomorrow is going to be my most stressful day ever. My mom and dad came over saturday night and brought dessert (clue number one that something is wrong). My mom went in for her mammo in November and was called back for additional views, they saw a mass on her mammo and did an ultrasound. They found a 7cm mass that they are doing a biopsy on tomorrow. We get the results back thursday or Friday. This has been the most screwed up year in my family for mammograms. My aunt went in a week before i did for her routine mammo. I went in on my bday and she and i were both called back on the same day. I got diagnosed on that friday. My aunt was eventually cleared. My sister went in for her mammo got called back did all her testing and was eventually cleared. My other aunt had a great mammo. And now my mom is having to go through all this. My poor granny is dying as each month goes by because she thinks all of this is her fault. Ugh cancer freaking sucks!

• cowpower
    cowpower Member Posts: 91
    edited December 2012
    Options

Juneaubug- You DOhave more hair than a nine month old! It looks great. Mine is about the same length, just more salt in with the pepper. Oh well, I guess we cant control what we get back. Growing hair turns out to be a pretty passive actvity.....

• mcook301
    edited December 2012
    Options

Well dang so I guess I am not completely alone on the motivation to get my rear up and walking:) My mom and sister are giving me subtle hints about how much weight I have gained and they just don't get it. It is not that easy and my body has just been through hell. I am still healing and I am not thrilled about the weight gain but dang it people why can't people give me a break:) I am going to set little goals each day because it does make me less depressed when I do something to try and get back to being some what healthy. Today ...goal ..drink lots of water as I have been lacking in that.

Chrisrenee- that does suck and wishing good news for you mom. Keep us posted! Fucking Cancer! Hugs!

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited December 2012
    Options

You can do it McCook! The last thing I wanted to do last June was to get my butt off off the couch.  First few weeks the walks were to the mailbox and back.  Now I'm averaging 5 miles a day (not all at once) and trying to go a little farther every week.  I find that wereing a fitbit really helps.  I can make tiny little goals for myself, and achieve them.

• Sue2690
    Sue2690 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Options

mcook – I’ll join you on  that treadmill.  After my dx and per my naturopath’s orders, DH and I went walking every night for months (at least when I could through chemo).  But DH hurt his back and can’t walk very far or fast right now, so I’m not either!  But I’ve been lacking the motivation to get on the treadmill…

OMG Chrisnenee77 – that’s aweful!  My thoughts are with you and your family, hoping for the best outcome.

Did I ever mention that this is my favourite group because you’re not afraid to drop F-bombs when they’re warranted?

Ok – gonna go get on that treadmill.  Really.

Hugs to all,

Sue

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited December 2012
    Options

Chrisrenee7 ....thoughts and prayers for your mom and hugs for you.

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited December 2012
    Options

Chrisrenee, your mom and you are in my thoughts ... ((Hugs))

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited December 2012
    Options

Chrisrenee, hugs coming your way.

Mcook, it is that time of night to get on that treadmill, I am already ahead of you, just got done on my bike. :)

301724 Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2012
    Options

Chrisrenee - hugs and prayers for you and your family.

• Chrisrenee77
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thank you all! She went in today for her bx at 130. I dont know who was more nervous me or her. They wouldn't let me in the room for the bx so I got to sit in the hallway outside the door. Sitting in the hallway made me sick to my stomach. All the emotions that I had in that same waiting room in that same hallway in that same room came right back to me. Fortunately the techs I know them all were able to sit with me off and on and keep an eye on me as I was so nervous. So results come in Thursday at 1100. This whole sitting and fucking waiting kills me. I know exactly what my mom is feeling as I feel it for her. Will keep you all updated. Love yall

• mcook301
    edited December 2012
    Options

Well I did not get on the treadmill but I also did not drive straight home to nest on my sofa as usual! I went Christmas shopping out in public by myself and made decisions and did worry about looking like a short hair boy or cancer patient:) it was a start! Some days I want to stay in my house and nest away away from it all but it makes me sad and depressed so one step at a time! I got some really good deals as I am broke so well deserved. They had some Christmas live music and I sat and watch them sing. I just enjoyed the few hours all by myself.

Thanks for the support

Love u all!

• mcook301
    edited December 2012
    Options

Sorry Chrisrenee- thinking about u and your mom!

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012
    Options

chrisrenee, glad you were there with her regardless. Hoping for the clear results on Thursday!

Rough weekend for me, I was away from posting for awhile. Vancouver General Hospital does not have WiFi!  Long story short, I am grateful for the follow up from the help line at BCCA and when my blood work results came back from the pre chemo draw Friday AM, the doctor who read the results called and suggested I go to ER at VGH and when I arrived the paperwork was already in progress. My hemoglobin was 82 and neutrophils .4 so with anemia and neutropenia, I was admitted within minutes. I was there from Friday afternoon until Monday AM and along with lots of IV antibiotics and 2 units of red blood cells my counts all recovered. I got a pass yesterday to see my scheduled appt. with my MO. She cancelled my chemo for today saying no oncologist would allow chemo after what I had been through and a week to recover. So now it is next Tuesday which puts me "behind" a week but means no chemo on Christmas Eve! I posted today on my blog about my hospital stay and also posted a photos of my amazing view. Last night I watched "Parenthood" for the first time. I had heard a main character Kristina, has breast cancer and is on chemo. She too got hospitalized for neutropenia but on Christmas Eve and way more drama but I had a much better room with a deluxe view!

XXOO Marian

301724 Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2012
    Options

I'm so sorry, Marian! What a scary time! Glad you're doing better. Love your positive attitude! Keeping you in my prayers.

• Chrisrenee77
    edited December 2012
    Options

Marian- I'm so happy they caught all of that pretty early. The worse thing is for them to not catch it and then you are in a hell of predictament. When I was first diagnosed, my iron levels were so low, that my Onc put me on her schedule for 3 iiron infusions before my TE placements. My Onc said that if I had waited until after surgery that I would have had to had a blood transfusion as well as iron infusion. I'm so used to being stuck nowadays that I just throw out my arm (the shitty arm with no veins) and of course they all want to go to the suicide vein to get labs drawn from me. When I had my surgery last week they stuck me 6 times and once was the suicide vein to get my labs. That hurt like crazy even with a pedineedle. Stay well

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012
    Options

chrisrenee, I love my port!