Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Oh, thats good news!!!!!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Brenda......yay....💃💃💃 such wonderful news!!!

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited May 2013

Great news Beatmon!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Brenda, yippee! Not for migraines tho. They suck!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Someone help me!

My onc ordered me antibiotics...one pill twice a day for seven days. That equals 14 pills. Right? The pharmacy gives me 60 pills with a refill. The bottle says, " one pill twice a days for seven days." Am I missing something? I did have chemo today.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Too funny....maybe it's the "new math" they teach them now in high school.....😋

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Nope I would call the pharmacist and tell them. Make them do the math. Oops. That happened to me before.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

On the other hand you can save the extra for another time you need them.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Im going back to the pharmacy tomorrow and ask. Mistakes like that make me uncomfortable.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

AWESOME news Brenda! YAY

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

Great news Brenda!

Veggy, I would worry it's not even the right drug. Do go back and ask. Something fishy here.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

notes from pg109 OMG gone noteven 37 hours and there's five friggin pages,  are we without lives, or are we that frigging interesting

Phyllopteryx (the weedy seadragon) & Gma, try yoga position one and two, try you tube or google to find out what they are. Apparently sharmaut ducky is well versed or worn out from them!

Ducky, I agree we are really getting Potty mouths

pge 110

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

May  6, 2013 10:29 AM, edited a few seconds ago    by sas-schatzi

By next week we're going to have to do a roll call to see who's who and who've each has decided to be. I'll start off then as people add the old ,the, new, and the wanna be, I'll keep adding names to this list as I see them, except leave off "B"'s.

"A child of many names is much loved"

ChickaD, ChickieD, chickadee, Miss chickie, chickie, chickiepoo, Dchickie,Chickadana, Our Baby Dana

Mary, Marywhat, Ice-road Trucker,IRT Short for I-R-Trucker,  Hoedown Girl,

Camilegal, Cami, Spunky, Spunkie

Chevyboy, Chevy, Olds

GrannyDukes, granny, GG, Princess Kantaloupe, Princess K

Pdgraham, Phyll, Phyllis, Phyllopian(phoenetically that's fa'-lop-pian, Chevy did you really mean to call her a tube attached to the uterus?), Phillissians(now Chevy's got you in the bible), Ph/pH now your a measurement symbol for acid/base balance. Choro-phyll ah environmentally correct producing___? Is it oxygen or sugar? Phyllo Dough,Phyllopteryx (the weedy seadragon)

DuckyB, Ducky, Promqueen MHC, Duckling

Sas, sassy

Red,

April485, Stretch (am 4'11" - Ha!), Glinda the GoodWitch

Shellshine, Shell, Shells,

Kathindc, Kathy, Kathy-in-dc,

"?", Flower, Flowermound, Flowers, Ms Flowers

Scottie,

Chabba,

VEGGY, Plain Ole Veggy

Blondiex46, blondie

Wren44

Mericat, mer, meri

Iatiger

Beatmom, Brenda

GMAfoley, GMA

savgigi, jeannie

Julianna, Jule(s), Jewel

Reality, Sherry

Joellelee

Who'd i MISS???????? SASSY

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Pg 110 Ducky WONDER WOMAN of the skies with miles to gooooooo

Veggy That twin pooper, there's and old victorian chair designed that way, forget, it was something to do with courting. So, only in America could we take a courting chair and turn it into a side by side pooper.

Oh sweet Shell, seroma's could develop, get thee to the PS. One of my drains had to be pulled earlyb/c it looked infected at skin opening. Forget how many days postop, seroma took >a year to resolve.

Jan saw a sign today in Augustine "I have tears rolling down my legs".  Still in St. A, I was in a dressing room where you had to go into a center room to see what the clothes looked liked, Said Ugh whipped the top off and realized I was in a very public room, no bra LOL,but bottom stayed dry.

Flower sweetie you didn't change your screen name are you safe with this? The small hole or pebble, or slight unevenness our nemesis---so sorry your broke. Elevate,elevate.....

GMA, good, finally, the docs are talking to each other, had they LISTENED before this, you may have been better able to understand what was up. Going to be interesting what ONC says. ONC may say some very predictable things, too long to write surmisings here. Stay strong, your a very smart woman. Me thinks one of the things said, will be your doing to much internet reading and listening to other people, well if they were communicating and teaching you properly, you wouldn't feel the need to go to anywhere else.

Blondie, if swallowing problem only occurs with the pills, could be the pills. If it occurs with other stuff too, that's a different story, Start a diary of when the problem occurs and what it was that you were swallowing right before the difficulty. Swallowing difficulty may feel like it's in the throat area, which the study will show. That's good. But if it's below where the study documents , you won't have an answer. Could be at the junction of the esophagus and stomach called the GE junction or EG junction. And the pain is referred (goes to the throat area). Ask your doc to consider a Fentanyl low dose patch 25mcg. Amazing way to pain relief. Then ask for a oral narcotic for breakthrough. Fentanyl is a strong narcotic, but transdermal patch is a slow release. Accomplishes much and used wisely is a boon to pain relief. I wrote something on it not too long ago in time , but the way these pages fly by it could be 20 pages ago.

Granny, God love you, but I AM NOT A DOCTOR, a questioner, a teacher-----a tinker, a tailor, a soldier or a sailor, a fool or a witty, now etc .......Old song forget. Haven't gotten to pg111 yet. Let there be an answer in the lavendar, but if there is no answer, doesn't mean the search is done. Priness K and I have been talking for about 3 weeks. She's let it out now. It's been hard to read everyone's concern. Know she has been working VERY HARD at trying to decipher an answer. She has studied hard. I'd give her keywords to search the internet. She has learned well. The weaning isn't my way. She learned about the importance of weaning process. Yes, I did give her lots of questions for the doc, but that's as it should be. PLease, remember I say always talk to you docs.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

I thought I already read pg 111 and notes on it, but I don't know, had to go back to find out who Brenda was to put her in the list. Then find 111 stuff, I'm lost and still don't know who Brenda is, But BRENDA HOPE your OKAY

CheVYeeeeeeee, What a great story, DANcINg IN thE Rain, Ya know for us movie buffs, think how Hollywood has held that movie, and Gene Kelly in such high regard for 50 years. Donald O'Conner and Debbie Reynolds. Great movie.  

Must have missed 111, last post is Beatmom aka Brenda

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

How come in 40 years of being a fine upstanding adult citizen, always paid my taxes, NEVER paid a bill late, NEVER got arrested (!!!),  - they never asked me to sit on a jury? Is it because I was  a dyed-in-the-wool democrat? I say "was" because I don't carry any political labels anymore. I can't spell worth shit, lately - is it the drugs I was taking for pain or is it hanging out with you all? Or is it all the stuff I did in my youth that I never got busted for?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Notes pg 112 GMA, the guys bod is gorgeous , but his dingus must not be so big otherwise the wee cloth would go allot lower. I thinks he's been on roids for too long.

Marywhat, in St. A   last night on the Ghost tour. Had the guides ask on the 8:20 bus, and 8:40 bus if anyone was from Ferdin____ beach. No one fessed up. Tried. If they spoke up I was gonna say I know your Grandma, but didn't happen.     Saw the greatest dress for the wedding, got the business card. Told the gal your story. Gal said a woman came in and bought the same dress(wore it with black boots) for the Country Music Awards (CMA) in Nashville. The CMA Awards are like the Oscars, but way more fun.

YEAH Brenda---no brain stuff erh tumors. Migraines yuck. Had a tumor out in 2012, know your fear.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Shellshine,

I got called for jury duty one time in my life and had to ask to be excused because it was last year, the week after my BMX.  Others I know have been called 4-5 times.  I'm sure karma will catch up with us.  I have to laugh when the folks in the assisted living where I work bring me their call for duty.  Most of them are at least 90 years old! So I fill in the form that excuses them from duty due to age.

I have to affirm Sas' call for you to get to the PS!  Shame on you...you know doctors are supposed to be the worst patients, not nurses (even NPs).Laughing

It's nice to have someone closer to my time zone.  By the time I get home from work, the rest of the hooligans are in bed.  So, what kind of trouble can we get into while they sleep?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

VEgGYEEEEEE, STFU, STFU, STFU. Report this to the Board of Pharmacy for the state, Call your insurance company, Call the Pharmacy. Talk about ERRORS. 1.labeled once a day for seven days. 2. There's a place that says"dispensed" if it says 60--error-----if it says 14---error. Don't let that bottle out of your hands. The pharmacy may ask for it back b/c then it can cover up the error. Take a picture of the number of pills, have a witness besides you and your DH.

Don't Take the pill--until it is verified that it's the correct pill. Could be that the wrong drug was put in the wrong bottle, If that's true.... then someone else got 14 pills and is possibly taking a wrong drug. God forbid they are allergic. THIS is a clusterfuck.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

JUllianna, Shells on drugs.

Shells honey, your on drugs and freefloating. Your question would sound reasonable, but your postop and on drugs that you don't normally take lovey, that tends to make us ponder on things, that then seem important.........sleep sweet one.

• juliaanna
    edited May 2013

Sas,

In this day, you would think pharmacy errors would be a rare occurrence.  Each order has to be checked by 2 people-one is usually a tech and the other a pharmacist.  

Veggy, also check on the side of the bottle for the description of the pill and see if it matches what is in the bottle.  Most of the time there will be something like "round, white pill with XX imprinted"  or "blue and gray capsule with number 52".  This will help when you report it to the Board of Pharmacy.

Take care.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Yes, Yes, Yes Julianna, Oh my, we have three nurses here to keep track of things, oh Please Jule-jewel don't go away :)

• juliaanna
    edited May 2013

Sas,

I know Shells' on drugs, but she was the only one to chat with this late at night until you posted.  I seldom get to play with any of you in real time.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Okay I'm here

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Julie I added Jule and jewel, to the list

• juliaanna
    edited May 2013

The names are fine with me.  

Are you awake because you can't sleep or because you used to work night shift?  I always preferred evening shift or nights when I was younger.  Now I'm okay with an 8-5 shift, 4 days a week.  A number of pages back you asked me if I was still working- I am.  I work in assisting living in a continuing care retirement community run by the Mennonite Church.  I love working with our elders-I started as a nurse's aide in a nursing home.  There are 2 residents who are 25 and 30 year survivors of breast cancer.  They gave me a lot of support last year when they heard (not from me) what I was facing.  It meant a lot to me.

Guess I better call it a night.  Thanks for keeping me company.  Thanks for caring.

Jules

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Oh Jules, wish you didn't go, awake b/c when something good happens like the trip to Augustine I get wired and can't sleep

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Cami.............so, tonight you're sleeping?

• shellshine
    edited May 2013

Godammit quit saying I'm on drugs - my last oxycodone was 24 hours ago. 👅 

We can party here all night as far as I'm concerned. The "elders" are sleeping. I have my PS appt tomorrow, he's taking out my eyelid stitches.

• shellshine
    edited May 2013

I talked with my PS by phone and told him that  all the fluid leaked around the tubes, soaking my shirts & sheets, hardly any went into the JP drains -and he told me  he used a  new type of drain. I took them out that night because it was too hard managing the drains AND containing all the liquid drainage in abd pads & chux. The plan was for me to come in today, but I rescheduled for tomorrow, because I'm bridging from lovanox back to warfarin and need to do my INR tomorrow. So one visit for post-op reconstruction,  eye stitches and blood draw, and no drugs tonite because the pain is almost gone.💃