STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the welcome!

I feel lucky that I have a job I love and allows me to live near my family in south Georgia and work lots of places. For the last few years I have been working in San Francisco and San Jose with a few side trips to LA. So location for a get-together is not an issue for me. I feel like I found a group of best friends and similar personalities, even though I don't post much. I feel right at home with the hooligans :)!

Over this next year I will be taking my granddaughter on college trips. She is looking at music programs and will have to audition for schools she applies to. So that is going to be fun. We visited Berklee College of Music in Boston last fall and it would be a perfect school for her. She went to opera camp last summer and sang at Disney World with some amazing opera singers. She wants to perform in musical theater or as a solo performer.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Marywhen, I'm just going to add to your nick names Mary who what when where why howmuch howoften. Those are actually all the questions for asking in a history for a new problem. Add Attempts to modify symptoms and aggrevation and alleviation(what makes it worse , what makes it better) Complete history new complaint. Okay back to present problem. Mary exact date of wedding?

Dana where in the country is it cheapest to take a plane, train, and bus--three converging points(ah Hah geometry)Sept to Oct. Florida might be a consideration, but truly it's iffy. Ya'll wouldn't know the trend, but it's the worst from Aug. to Oct for hurricanes. Dana is it true that rates drop when school starts or is that a myth? Is there anything in the middle thats a hub for all traffic. To far south even in the middle hurricanes can wreck plans fast.

Dana ssdi will PM. Fort Myers is Hours away, equivalent of pittsburgh to chicago 4hours, akron/cleve to chicago 3hrs, but never know what we can work out.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Sassy, wedding is Nov. 9, but she has everything planned to the minute. Dont think that would interfere with a trip in fall. Forgot about hurricanes though. That would make it a little iffy. and Ive been through 1, never want to go through another. especially on a ship. Talked with ds tonight and they didnt make it to St. augustine. My sister was too tired from moving, but he had a great time and is flying home tomorrow. Was the ghost hunt any good in St. Augustine?Hopefully Ill be in Fla. in the next 6 weeks or so, My sister is right over the ga. border so its only about 5 and a half hours from here.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Shells, I go in spurts, whats nice is I can, never in my life could I just do absolutely what I want day to day. Prior to DDBF officialy Nov2012, I was just coming out of 4 very very traumatic years. What was fun is he was here when the time was blossoming. He's DDBF nicknamed by Mad Peacock Essa as Drama(says it all) Dear Boy Friend, but we continue to walk on the same path. It's an irregular path with twists and turns. But it was the last step in the process. Not that he was part of the correction LOL, he was actually a problem that many hours of thinking and work had to resolve relationship problems. The resolution is that there will be no resolution, just acceptance and comprimise on both our parts. LOL that appears contradictory b/c acceptance and comprimise lead to resolution, but not in this situation.

I've had a sense of impending doom my whole friggin life. I quess it started with polio as a two y/o and it's never stopped with STFU stuff happening. Sounds very dramatic , but it's absolutely true. At 62, now I know a phone call can change life in a moment, but whats gone is the impending doom sense. I don't know the future and I'm not going to let it control me. Where till this last 6 months it has. Trying to live in the moment. So, many on these boards have influenced that---so many and God bless them all. All people I've never met except ChrissyB, 3Jays, Maya, SpecialK. Talked to many on the phone. Cool to talk with Chrissy B in Australia like were sisters. Love talkin on the phone--loveit. (VEGGY:)...........So, when you don't hear from me it's cuz, I don't want to be here. When I'm here I love being here. Had a totally fun day researching stuff. Learned allot, that's a good day.

Since I'm updating the nickname/who's here post, I could easily add treatment status.

Keep leaking sweetie as long as it needs to leak, better than a seroma. And if no signs of infection. cool. Ya know the OCD thing just kicked in, be careful nurse, oh my nurse, open drain site. The eyes are lookin good. Just think what you'll look like in 2-3 weeks. L&H's sassy

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

How about around Orlando in late Oct for a meet up? Might be 1or 2 degrees cooler, less chance of a storm? Mt Dora is neat.

Would love to meet you all.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Marywhat, I will drive up and see you, we can meet in Augustine. OR at JT's seafood just north of Palm Coast-outrageously good food. A super side of the road find. However we do it , we'll  get it done. The Ghost tour fun. Silliness.  Both tour operators, not quite sure the question "anyone from Fredinad beach on the bus". Didn't know how your DGS would feel about "Hey i know your GM", but what the heck.

Okay meeting plan, Marywhen's in the clear for Sept.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

It is cheapest when kids are in school....hurricane standard is Aug thru Oct...but with this weird weather all over...who knows.

Cheaper ports can be Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami...lots of ships

You can get specials out of Baltimor and sometimes Galveston....everyone would need passports.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Been up since 4am......Cardio Dr visit, then daughters for dinner, then granddaughters softball game, now home.....going to bed....early day tomorrow...up at 6:30 to drive to Lancaster, Pa to attend my grandson's graduation from Franklin and Marshall College......suppose to rain all day.......just Great!!!!!!!!

So off to bed dear friends...hope this is not another 4: am awakening....hugs

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Night Miss Ducky ♥

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Im up for Fla., but dont know about northern E. coast or W. Coast girls. I think we have some that cant or wont fly. We have to really put our heads together on this. If we could talk them into flying, Ive come up with a brainstorm. I have a cousin who owns a jet who lives in Colorado. I could ask him pretty please!???I would use the c-card in a heartbeat.......Dont know if he'd do it, but if we're all serious, I sure would give it a try......

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Hey Spookie, didn't we meet on Cheesed? Hello for here. Late Oct in Florida isn't too risky, but Dana will have to tell us what the geometry says. For those that won't fly, a west to full east coast trip by car or rail is problematic. A middle geometry thing is at least viable until the research is in.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Marywhy, the no fly thing is b/c of LE potential at least for me. Twin got it that way. Not risking it, but that's just me. This will take lots of heads to figuire out.

Okay at least we can get the passports in order. It takes about six weeks. Can be done at last minute , but $$$$$ to do. This is not to say we are taking a cruise, but passports require planning. Can be obtained at local specified post offices, get a passport card at same time. There's reasons they are valuable, they'll explain. Passport good for ten years, needed now to even go to Canada or Mexico.

Ducky have fun tomorrow, bursting in pride at DGS's accomplishment.....YEAH!!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Maryhowoften, the evidence based research on mosquitoes and chemotherapy is lacking b/c no one seems to have done anything definitively. The following link is interesting in that it presents well, discusses concerns, has a bibliography that at first look seems decent. Concludes by saying to talk with your doc. Well there isn't any evidence based research, so, why would your doc be able to tell you anything of value. This article is a conglomeration of stuff that says nothing based on science. It's a very pretty cheat. I'm going back to read it again, just to be sure. Yup, biliography is from other web sites like the searchers own. So, looks like searcher did a search, but just quoted from other sites that likely quoted from each other. A domino of  non information except for the DEET. For those interested in searching the net, this is a classic example of what not to get sucked into as a source.

http://www.lahey.org/Departments_and_Locations/Departments/Gynecology/Ebsco_Content/Chemotherapy.aspx?chunkiid=156994

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Just reading my edited FINAL surgical pathology...does this mean my "stage" is 1b?

Pathologic Staging(AJCC 7th Edition): p T1b p N0(copied directly from report)

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited May 2013

My daughter, a friend of ours, and I will be at the Portland Saturday's Street Market tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be the one on the red scooter trying to mow my way through peeps....  If you spot me, hollar "Mostly" & we can hug!  Seriously, I would still like to get together with other WA/OR/CAN peeps - there is a NW discussion group on here somewhere - maybe we can stir up some trouble.

Martha

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Hello MM, ah words like"stirring up trouble" fit this hooligan group. Hooligan attributed to our illustrious and well loved Shellshine.

Dana, this is where you go to the main board. BCO has the best, easiest to understand stuff about all the technical info about BC. It's careful in all regards to present accurate up to date info. They are expanding topics all the time. I've linked to staging, but wander around.

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/diagnosis/staging

Savigirl, keep coming back. It's quiet now b/c it's the weekend. So, don't feel ignored. We're happy your here:)

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Computer server needs maitanence or is in overload, goodnight

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

G'night Sas!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

Yep, that was me on Cheezed. And the Blue Monster in LE. I just mostly lurk around.

I'm on west coast, near Clearwater.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

It's 2am. Am I the only goober still awake? Wait, I mean is anyone else still up, or getting up?

Phyllo

• shellshine
    edited May 2013

Your are not alone Phyllodenromia, you are never alone!!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Shells! How lovely. I couldn't sleep so I seem to be watching episode after episode of Monarch of the Glen on Netflix.

• shellshine
    edited May 2013

I'm watching multiple reruns of Law and Order. WTH!!! Cammi & Duckie should be up in about 2 hours. Are you okay? Should we gossip about them? Here's an idea - lets go to a chat room, then they can't read what we are saying about them!!!!

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Thanks Sas...you always know where to send me.....thank goodness its not to hell...lol

Hi Miss Mostly Mom

Hi Miss Spookie (my best friend lives in Clearwater)

Woke up in some serious pain...hmmmm...few pills, shot of morphine...back to bed and I should be able to mustar thru my oldest daughter's college graduation today! YAY....hmmmm, all those loans....ugh lol

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Hey Cami....4 ladies from Chicago sent us messages saying they would love to have dinner with us at our hotel.....soooooo hoping you will make it number 5 .....now can I have my kitty back???? She's MIA AGAIN or is your coffee better than mine ....lol

Where are all my early birds???? I know the mention of gossip gets some people up,

won't mention names though, oh yeah, wait a minute, that's me!!! Ok gossip mongers ...

I'm all ears...👂👂👂👂👂👂👂

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited May 2013

We used to travel to universal studios Orlando every year for Halloween. What HUGE fun...then oldest child started high school and its just too much work to miss notwithstanding HCPSs acts like its an act of treason to mss school for ANYTHING...and we used to go away for spring break. I've not been anywhere in over 2 years :(

Hopefully, soon...

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Can't wait for our Chicago/Iowa GTG in July!!!! Look out America, the Canucks are coming...💃

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Ok you lot ....did you all move to another thread without telling ME!!!!! WTH....not even gossip can stir the hooligans this morning.....ok ...off to find you all...👀

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Morning Hooligans!  I would LOVE to be in a good mood this morning, but I am NOT!  I am just so routinely pissed at my DH.... so this is a place to come to "say" it and forget it. 

It is his mission in life to drink beer.... lots of beer... actually not near as much as he USED to drink.  It only takes maybe 4-5 to get him to "that point."  So I just try and slink around, avoiding words that will set him off, and stay to myself.  BUT once in awhile, for SOME unknown reason, ANY word becomes a confrontation! 

And then it is just getting through dinner, trying to not say anything, and finally after enough silence, going in the bedroom and watching my own TV. 

Oh sure.... it wears off.... every morning is a new day.   Like a new beginning.  It's nothing new.... I lived watching this happen with my folks.  So I will just STFU and keep things calm. 

Isn't it funny, how I can love him to the very soul one minute, and then want to smack him over the head with a cast-iron skillet?   And mornings are so NICE!  But usually I am so pissed from the night before, it's just hard to come OUT of it.

I'v learned to not cry anymore, because it doesn't do any good.  Neither does  writing him letters.... nor even leaving....  Been there, done that.  After almost 56 years, you would THINK that life together would be easier.  SURE!  If one lives in one place, and the other lives somewhere else.

And trying to "talk about it" works for about one night.   Can't talk about it to our Daughter's... Mom wouldn't say much to me either, but you just KNOW what is going on with your "Dad."   So our Daughter's couldn't do anything anyway...  And I won't gripe about it to them, because I have to remember they love him too!  Just like I do....  only not so much at the moment....Undecided

So I just want to get things back to normal this morning....  that's why I came here......    Yes, I know all about enabling... 

I think you just have to work things out for yourself....  what's best for you, might seem stupid to someone else.   I don't want to live separate lives...  going in the bedroom usually works..... to my own space.   I know I am so fortunate that we are still together... I don't know what I would do if something happened to him.... 

I used to lay in bed and pray for him to get sick, so he couldn't drink!  But he REALLY got sick.  So I prayed for us to just get through this... and to just get a "little" sick.... but when he DOES, I am so sorry, and I blame myself, because looking at him so helpless, hurts even worse. 

So guess I'll just STFU now....  good talking to you girls.... xoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

OMG  have so much to catch up on---if only  can remember..

OH ChickaD u'r dgtrs graduaton today----take morphine f u have to --How proud for u and a happy day--and I don't know anything about readng reports or  would help u.

Now I'm sick for 1 day and u guys have planned a trip around the world here WTF (What Chevy was probaly doing for her 'wifely' duties) u guys get gong and wow u come up with great ideas, now  live ight outsde of Chicago, so I'm in the midwest. One of the girls on the Illinois thread and I have been trying to do lunch for a while now--ether Drs. nterfere or my Darrhea  does. so t's hard just to get the 2 of us together and she only lives about 10 mnutes from me. So ths should be nterestng

Welcome to someone new ( forgot the name), but whoever is new welcome. t's hard to keep up wth all the crazies sometmes I'm rght on the ball and othertimes I'm rght on the balls. So  miss alot. (Yea rght)

Ducky are u all rght?

Prncess K --so lavender s the culprit OMG  thought that was a soothng aroma and soothng on u'r skin too. Stay away from all of them--What about Aveeno,  don't thnk tht's perfumed ??? And Dove does have all the shmpoos and condtoners.  don't thnk they're aromad---Now u hae to start readng (hahaha) the ngrediants, I can't read anythng like that anymore.

Mosquitos haven't bitten me in 6 yrs. so ths will probably be the year---- thye dont even come by me--Picky lttle crtters,  hate them anyway.

My kds went out last nite and Joey and I took care of each other-- feel so bad for him cuz I threw up and felt lousy and he was worred and doing anything for me and he's still supoosed to keep his boken ankle up and he started to cry cuz he couldn't help me the way I should be helped (his words) he's so dramatic--but he's so good.  hate the thought of him beng a goofy teenager cuz he's stil at the good stage hahaha

OK animals  have said animals can do an extreme amount of things that man can't and the Amer.   Indians did believe if u saw an owl n the daytme someone will die. But when u think of it the police train dogs for different smells and they find what they need--not in view so why couldn't they smell illness--My Drs. have always thought I was crazy for so many different reasons but they thnk I'm nuts about my cat theory. Let them thnk Im nuts cuz she knows more of what's going on than they do sometimes. By the way I did read (a whle ago) about Amercan ndians and they had such interestng things about nature and animals , When  was yong  thought it was archiac now not so much

and I had Law and order on too during the night I was sleeping with Joey, Katie-Kat and Sox so lots of cuddling,

I hope everyone has a good day today --I'm sluggin; along, my 1DD is supposed is supposed to come today, so that'll be nce. And next weekend Joey and I are sleeping over by her house and my cousin will be coming too so I will be drinking again Yay no meds then--I watch myself with that. LOL XD