Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2013

Ok people...back from work....I 'm married to a Greek and Pita means pita bread to Greeks and now me of course...😜

Shady....welcome...just want to say you really need to tell this pita to STFU...she might be a good doc but she is a bloody terrible step mom...and the girls are right....glad she's not my doc 😡. Oh PS...she can't be such a great doc or she would have checked the stats re lumpectomies vs mastectomies....ok...Said enough.

Sorry ladies can't speak to you individually, just too tired at the moment....I really came on to checkup on the princess...OMG ...the waiting is killing me here. I hope no news is good new!!!!

Hope everybody is doing ok.... Love you all. ❤❤❤

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited January 2013

I hope no news is good news also. I would think he would be in ICU in pretty grave condition for a while after the surgery. And you're not allowed to use computers and cell phones because it interferes with the monitoring equipment. Continuing to send prayers for Granny & son.

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Ditto....Granny prayers and positive thoughts still all coming you're way....we luv ya...❤

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2013

Yes..... we're here little honey.... xoxoxoxo

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2013

WHERE ARE YOU MADAM KANTALOPE?????

We are all waiting to hear from you.  Hope everything went well and you and your son are resting.

Hi everyone!  Hope everyone had a great day.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2013

Me too, waiting--long long day. whew

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2013

Hey guys, I know K (granny) posts here. I have lurked but not posted... Anyway, I heard from her yesterday,Thursday at 6:56 PM:

"The surgery was unsuccessful. He is in ICU now. This is the first time in history that this failed. 14 hrs and we are back to square one. Don't know what that means but he is still on a breathing tube and he had a seizure. That's all I know. I'm waiting for my DD to come now. I'll try to keep you posted."

I have hunted around & didn't see any post from her at BCO so thought I'd pass this along from her. I'm sure she won't mind. I forgot to ask if it was okay that I do this. (love ya K!!)

If I hear more, I will post as soon as I do. Sorry for this delay.

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

OMG--thank u Valjean for letting us know. Oh this is so sad.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Thank you Valjean.......  God, this just makes me sick.... don't even know the guy, but I want to cry... for little Granny and him.  I'm just so sorry.  I didn't even think of this not working.......  Just give her our love, okay?

• shadytrake
    shadytrake Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2013

I'm so sorry. Not sure what surgery as I am new to the board but I'm sending healing vibes and positive thoughts your way granny.

- Melissa

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Valjean....thank you for letting us know. So sad . Please give Granny our love and hugs.

Prayers and thoughts still coming your way Granny... It wasn't on my radar screen

that the op wouldn't be successful!!!!!

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Shady... it was some sort of brain surgery.....  don't know much more than that... just that other surgeons were coming in from another country? And trying something new?   Crap!  But miracles happen gals.... I'm praying for just one more.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Little K, if we could just all be with you, we would hold you in our arms, and help you get through this awful time......  I know there's not much to say, but just know we are here... Love you... xoxoxoxo

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2013

Oh, Granny, we are so sorry for what you and your family are going through. We are thinking of you, sending you strength and hugs. We are all routing for you!!!! xoxoxoxox The Mods and the BCO Team

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Thank you sweet mods..... I know she will appreciate your post....

• jomama2
    jomama2 Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2013

Granny -- I've been thinking of you and your son for the last 3 days...so sorry things did not go as hoped and planned.  Will be praying for a miracle today...and sending huge hugs to my favorite feisty lady!  Please take care of yourself...

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2013

It makes me feel terrible being SO happy when granny is suffering so, so I apologize in advance for being insensitive BUT I made it through my exchange, lipo, and lift surgery and am feeling great....in case anyone was wondering- ill save my STFU pre and post surgical comments for later.....

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Merlcat it's great to hear some wonderful news--I don't know about these things really--does this mean u'r done with surgeries--or do u get flls?

Anyway it good to hear u'r feeling great too.

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2013

Thank you camillegal( every time I c that, I chuckle...cam illegal decadent:)) I'm finished with tissue expanders and have what I hope are my final boobs! I'm also hoping that surgery is finished- I've not decided on whether or not I'm going to bother with a nipple or not ....

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

U know I knew this surgery was very long and laborious--it's almost like a rewiring of all rhat's there---but honestly I never thought it wouldn't work--It just seemed so so much was under control and all these Drs. I assumed to quickly. Now poor Granny has to face what's coming up which of course we have no idea what this means for her DS. I feel so sad and I'm new with Granny so I can imagine how awful u all feel too.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Congratulations Merlcat!  Wow!  Good for you..... geez, I can't imagine what you gals have to go through with that.....  It MUST be like "re-wiring"...  That's a good analogy...  Yea, see what happens to see if you want the nipples, or not.... I don't know how they do THAT either.... 

Take good care gals....xoxoxoxo

• Kassylou
    Kassylou Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2013

I am now an official member of the fabulous flatties.

Home from surgery. I had the surgery at noon on Wednesday and was discharged at 2pm on Thursday. It was so nice to be coming home. The lymph node biopsy was negative. Yes!! I am lucky to have my hubby. He stayed with me in the room all night in case I needed anything, he grounded me from my phone and iPad so I would sleep. I am glad he did. I would have been on it too much.

I have ace bandages and gauze around my chest. The drains are doing well, is it true to wear the ace bandage as tight as you can stand it? Also, my chest looks con-caved, will it eventually be flat across?

My first dressing change was done by a friend who is a nurse, she brought us supper last night and then helped me. She said it all looked good. To rest, only get up for meds and bathroom, and take my meds onetime.

I am not in any pain, I do have discomfort but it is not too bad. The ace bandage is really tight. I am napping in the recliner.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited January 2013

((((((((((Granny))))))))))

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Mericat....congrats...nice to hear some good news for a change.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2013

Thanks so much Valjean for the update. I know she wouldn't mind you posting something. She knows we are all praying for her and her son.  I also want to thank the Mods for posting.  I bet Granny is going ballistic right now.  I am so very sorry the surgery did not work.  I know she was hoping it would.  ((((GRANNY))))

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2013

Still praying Granny!

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Hey Kassie--u sound good--I told u this is not painful, just annoying and I don't remember anything being really tight so either call or ask u'r nurse friend. Ihope u fill out alittle, but I'm o concave on one side the other isn't as vad, never changed and I'm glad u have a DH to help u even if u need drains cleared out, it helps. But do rest, sometimes u feel better and think oh I can do this---DON'T just relax, u need to heal. I remember my Dr. telling me not to carry a purse for a while. Geeze he was strict. So use u'r common sense about taking it easy. OK?

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Oh this is crazy not hearing much, I'm glad we at least heard that--altho it's not good news. Granny must be eside herself.I pray that there are other things that are possible.

• IsThisForReal
    IsThisForReal Member Posts: 154
    edited January 2013

I don't post very often, but do read alot.  I wanted to say (((Granny))) and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your DS.  Cry  Thanks to Valjean for keeping us updated.  

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2013

thanks toVal for sending me a pm on FB..I am numb right now.

Update...he is off the breathing tube and on loads of pain meds.

He keeps on sayin my head is killing me.

Next step is getting him beta and in a few mos.do a reg.surgery to get that aneurysm out.

Most of my family is here takin turns with me.

I'm numb and speechless.

My DD is takin a nap so I thought I would give u an update.

Thank you for all your prayers

Thank you mods.for the prayers too.

In the final analysis it's up to GOD.

Ilove all of you

Hugs kantalope