Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2013

Oh Wow Granny K....  So relieved to hear from you.... Glad he is breathing on his own....  Damnit anyway.  Maybe they can give him something in the mean-time, to stabilize the aneurysm?  I don't know anything about it....  I'm just pretending I do....  We love ya lots little K.... Keep us posted. xoxo

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2013

(( K ))

You know how much I am praying....

Luv ya

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2013

Granny....he's got to come out of this ok.....too many wonderful women praying and sending positive thoughts here... He's breathing on his own so that's the first step.

Prayers, love and hugs to you and your family.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2013

Granny relieved to hear from u, but also saddened that things didn't work out and the pain u'r DS is in. We're all praying for u'r family and what is happening. I don't know a thing about this either so I can't give any ideas to u. I am glad he's breathing on his own, that has to be a good sign.

• Kassylou
    Kassylou Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2013

Oh granny. I am so sorry to hear about your son's surgery and that the outcome is not what was wanted. You are all in my thoughts and I hope things turn around for your son.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2013

Granny - So glad to finally hear from you.  On the upside, your son is breathing on his own and I hope the doctors are able to take care of the pain.  You know we are all saying lots of prayers and you also know how much we all love you.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited January 2013

(((((Granny))))) thanks for taking the time for your family here when you have so much going on.
    Have a peaceful night.
    Gentle hugs.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2013

Thanks Granny for letting us know and Val you also....Granny thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...thinking of you, please take care of yourself, make sure you are eating and sleeping, somewhere...

Sandy

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2013

Thinking of you tonight, Granny...and sending up big prayers for your son, for you, and for your family.

• joan811
    edited January 2013

(((((Granny))))) prayers for a good day today...please take care of yourself.

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Just got a PM from Granny, saying she is hanging in there.....nothing about her son.

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

I'm glad she's doing sll right---there is probaly not much new bout her son. Oh what a horrible sadness for her.

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2013

All that stress...so sad and SO bad for you...it's heartbreaking for anyone to have to go through that......:(

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Yes.... we love you little K....  thinking about you all the time....xoxoxoxo

• jo1955
    edited January 2013

i got a PM from granny just letting me know she is still alive.  No other news on her son. 

((((GRANNY))))

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

I'm glad Granny is keeping in touch with us anyway she can.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Yes, same here Jo....  If I were in her shoes, I would be aching inside....

• joan811
    edited January 2013

Granny said they are considering step-down level care - not out of ICU yet.
    I hope you're doing OK, granny....hugs and prayers.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Ah geez.....   thanks Joan....  Yes, hugs and prayers.....xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Thanks Joan xxx xxxxoooo

• jo1955
    edited January 2013

Thanks Joan for the update.  

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Morning gals.... guess we'll hear from K when she can.... I looked on the other threads she posts on, the Stage 1, Fuzzy's romp room, and Bonfire, but they're all the same...  She just posts briefly there also.

How are the rest of you doing?  I nearly fell on my butt, going outdoors this morning!  It must have almost rained, and the flag-stone was so SLICK!  Man, I nearly lost it......  don't want to break the flag-stone..Wink

Do any of you have that Laminate flooring?  We put it in about 8 months ago, and I LOVE it!  So pretty, and easy to keep clean.  The old rug was just OLD and a mess.   It is in the bedroom, and the front/dining room.  So our table and roller chairs are on it.  HOW do you keep the roller chairs to the table, from sliding all over the place when you sit down?  I mean if you lean over, while on them, it will slide off in back of you, and fall on your back, with you on your knees!    Happened a couple times.... I can be sitting there, and turn around, and just keep sliding!  Whoa there!

So we brought 2 area rugs down, put under the table, on top of the Laminate, and covered it all up!  Damn!  They chairs don't slide now, but that pretty flooring is now under those rugs.  Have any of you tried something else?  Do they sell some sort of adhesive carpet squares that LOOK like wood-grain?   DH always liked the rug.  I hated it.  So somehow, we both should be happy, but I'm not.    I guess for safety's sake, the rug is good,  so I won't take a nose dive out of the chair, but maybe I should just get ONE rug to do the job, instead of these two matching area rugs.

Okay.... that's my dilemma for this morning... just thought I'd change the subject for awhile...hope we're all doing well!  Wink

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Thanks Chevyboy....I can't help you with your dilemma (in an apartment) but glad of

the distraction....can't wait till Granny's son is on the mend so I can get my morning smile

from you gals 😄

Granny must be exhausted by now, I hope her health won't be compromised by all of this. Whenever either of my two sons gets a sniffle....I feel bad for them......just can't imagine what Granny is going through.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Here in Toronto it's been bloody cold for the last couple of weeks (-25) ...it finally broke yesterday and we are back to more seasonal weather

We will even have double digits a couple of days next week....yeah.

Will keep checking in for news about Granny and her son.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Same here Scottiee!  When our GS was here for those few days, I felt like a Mother Hen around him.  There is a lot of intestinal virus stuff going on, and I think he had a touch of that, along with DH!  So I had stuff to help them out, but you just hate for the "kids" to have something WRONG with them! 

I don't think we EVER stop worrying about OURS!  Ha, ha! 

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Yeah Chevyboy.....my older son is 29.....built like a bulldozer, but I still feel the need to "protect him"....lol....

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2013

Chevy, bet your diningroom chairs have carpet casters.  Get replacement casters for hard floors from your hardware store.  Makes a big difference.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Okay Chabba, thanks!  I'll look into that today.  Yes, I took one of the casters off, so I know they should be able to be replaced!  I just hate covering the Laminate. Thanks again!  And the adhesive carpet squares are probably NOT good for the laminate.

• scooter-12
    scooter-12 Member Posts: 26,606
    edited January 2013

Granny.....((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2013

Hi

Just a quick update.my DD went to the hospital this morning cause they took my son out of ICU yesterday cause he is off the breathing tube and eating.she woke up like a mad nut(wonder where she got that from?)he is in a step down from ICU but she was havin nitemares all nite...soooo off she went to try to find dr.wonderful.....did I tell you that they roll out the red carpet for dr.netherlands?

I'm in my room with a stomach ache soo I'm resting.

Thought I would give my best sistas an update.

I love you all so much for all the support you have/are giving me.

Val..thanks for pm on FB.i do goon but I don't post.

AND I do read my pms here too.i read everything.

Love,hugs and kisses kantalope

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2013

thanks for the update, sweetie...take care of yourself, DS is in good hands.

Sandy