Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2013

Chevy- I hear ya about that politician sh*t! I have my beliefs but I, 99.9% of the time keep my mouth shut because I hate to argue and dont care enough to put forth the effort. arguing just to argue doesnt do it for me....Lol.. My husband can drone on and on and on about that crap....we have most of the same beliefs but about a year ago or so, he was pontificating about whatever he was currently rabid about, I kept asking, can we talk about something else?!, he was relentless. I had a couple glasses of wine by that point and was getting annoyed. I finally said- ya just can't reason with a CRAZY person, then got up, went back to our bedroom and to sleep.... I should have said STFU already! Lol

This thread is waaaayyy too quiet.... Plus it's icy here and I'm still, ugh, on house arrest. I have my post exchange follow up tomorrow.

• ShaneOak
    ShaneOak Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2013

Wow, I take a little time off from my favorite post and whammo looks like we have some ruffled feathers here my little bunnies.

A few points to reflect on if this relates to you:

I am a grown woman and have earned the right to use whatever language I choose.  This post is not mandatory.

BC has altered my "normal" kind, loving and nurturing self to a sometimes pissed off, irrational, profanity using kind of gal.  For this I will never apologize.  I have earned the right to be angry.

We are all different in how we process this crappy situation.  Some rise above it and remain in the "I'm going to stay strong and be positive...nothing will damper my spirits" universe.  This is not me.  At least not as of now, maybe someday.  

I have no doubt that 99.99% of these gals here are wonderful, loving goddesses.   

We all need to vent and blow off steam to help get through things.  Sometimes just to get through that day.

Please keeps this post as it was originally intended.  Everyday, each day, someone may find it useful.

If that's not you, kindly find another post....or just well,..... you know.

L421-What people said to you is awful and I'm sorry for that.  We got you back!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2013

L421 we must have posted at the same time cuz I didn't read ur's til now.==Wow a lot of stupid eople out there, but they don't know it. Of course we do.

Merlcat u'd better tell us what happened.

And Shayne that's why we come here, some dys are better than others but when we have those dark dys this is the place to be, cuz we get it.

And I hope Granny is doing OK and maybe we'll hear from her today.

Love to all

• shadytrake
    shadytrake Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2013

L421- hugs to you. People have foot in mouth disease. I'm not so forgiving as I was in the past.

My motto- vent here.. It might prevent an assault. LOL

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2013

That storm is coming in.... Dang!  It is black out, and only 3:15! 

Merlcat.... I think it is called the SDS.... that's Saturday D ***head syndrome.   Our Dh's just have to act like this every once in awhile.  BOY I know what it is like about "going on, and on, and ON!"  So I do the same.... I stomp off into the bedroom, (actually I silently retreat, )  shut the door, and I don't have to listen.   It's usually when the numerous cans of beer have been consumed, and have soaked into his little brain.  Don't get me wrong gals.... I love him with all my heart, but after being married for 55 years, I deserve my peace and quiet. 

Some men drive their women nuts, and don't even drink!  We are so close all day long....  but SOMEtimes  I just get irritated , when he turns into a talking machine.... to the TV, to the dog, and to me.... Ha! 

And yes Shane, we are vibrant, loving, tolerant, and  beautiful Goddesses!  Ha, ha!  I love that!  and yes, we deserve to talk any way we want to!  Even if it IS only here.... It helps.... be LIEVE me!  Love you gals... 

Little K.... what the hell?  What is going on?  Just thinking of you and DS!  xoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2013

Wow Shane.....thank you ....I've been telling my DH for years I'm a goddess .....maybe he'll believe me now....I might get a STFU though.......lol

Hi ladies ...a bit tired to really post...I hope all my fellow goddesses are ok...😜

L421....so sorry you had to experience that....there's just no cure for stupidity and ignorance.

Wait till Granny hears we've all become Goddesses in her absence....does that trump a

princess....lol

Granny I hope you are ok and your son improving slowly....still prayers and good thoughts going up for both of you.

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Granny just posted on the stage 1 thread....her son is improving but he wants to "die"

she says. He doesn't know yet that the op failed, and they are sure he won't want another one. You can imagine how she is feeling, poor granny. Wish we could all be there in person to help her through this.

• Merlcat
    edited January 2013

Omg that just brought a tear to my eyes...she must be beyond heartbroken....the suffering :((( I wish that I had the words.

Sniff

Hugs to granny

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

I know Mericat....there are no words!!!!!

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

I know too---I wish we could comfort her in person, like when there is a real nitemare going on, but all we can do is send our thought and of course prayers---it's just so sad.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2013

whoa that sucks,  I feel so bad for her!!

Sandy

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2013

My heart breaks for you Granny.  Prayers and hugs.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2013

I just read a PM from granny and she is trying to get some rest.  Did not go to the hospital to see her son.  I keep trying to tell her to be sure and take care of herself - she has a bad habit of putting herself last and she pays for it later.  She is so beside herself.  (((GRANNY)))

• jomama2
    jomama2 Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2013

Wiping away the tears...damn...can't imagine what it would feel to hear those words coming from a child in pain.  Granny...I don't usually pray, but will for you and your son...positive thoughts and virtual hugs aren't enough, but will have to do. 

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Oh she needs to rest, I'm glad she's taking some time for herself she needs too.----This is such a sad situation.

• shadytrake
    shadytrake Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2013

Okay girls, I'm up and getting ready to leave for surgery. See you after.

Hugs to granny. So sorry.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Oh Shady.... We'll be thinking of you!  They will "fix" everything I'm sure..... love you! xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Ok Shady (((HUGS))) and let us know as soon as u can.

• Kassylou
    Kassylou Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2013

Granny,

My thoughts are with you, your son and your family. I hope your son is able to find the strength he has received from you and continue to fight. You are not far from my thoughts today!

kas

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Kassy we're all on pins and needles for Granny---always sending prayers.

• Merlcat
    edited January 2013

I can't stop thinking about granny and her son....to have your child be in that predicament would be more than I could handle :( hopefully he will start to rally and everything will work out with an extraordinarily happy ending...in the meantime...granny- you're in my thoughts!

((((((Hugs, albeit gently))))))

• BrandieMcAdams
    BrandieMcAdams Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2013

I am new to the board...and am here to vent. But before I do, I don't know Granny...she must be pretty amazing so I'm throwing out some love her way. And some to her son.

I haven't recieved my dx yet, still waiting on pathology. Had my excisional biopsy/lumpectomy on Friday and my STFU moment comes courtesy of my own mother...who hasn't called to check in on me during this whole experience. Yet when she found a lump (that turned out to be an infected in-grown hair) called me convinced she was dieing and wanted all sorts of love and support, which I GAVE! When it was determined to be benign...I got a simple text.

I'm sure mine is benign (here's to optimism when I'm awake and nightmares of other dx when I'm sleeping), and feel bad dumping on you guys...but how messed up is it that my own mom doesn't even call to see how her child is doing!

Seriously, hugs prayers and love to you all. Especially granny

• blondiex46
    edited January 2013

Granny thinking about you {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Shady, if you can't check in plz have somebody do it....thoughts and prayers.

Sandy

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Brandi welcome this is a lovely group--right now we're all worriied about Granny and her son.

Well u know u'r Mom the best so u know how she might react--but sometimes a mom doesn't like facing things for their kids, but I will say I'd be freakin out so that's just me.

Good luck and come back and tell us what going on.

• blondiex46
    edited January 2013

Brandi don't feel bad....it is fine, and sorry about your mother, maybe it is too much for her..

Sandy

• Kassylou
    Kassylou Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2013

Brandie.

Mom mom is the self centered type as well. It was hard for me to seal with some of the same issues and stfu moments. We are here for you to vent to and if oh want to private message me, we can get really nasty sometimes it helps :)).

I am sorry you are going through this at a time when you really need the support. Mouse will find this group is full of ladies who, even though we don't say it in real life, say stfu on the board.

Welcome to our crazy group!!!

Kas

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Hi Brandi!  Glad you found us wild and crazy gals.....  Sorry about your Mom!  Man, it is sooooo true, you can pick your friends but not your relatives.  Don't say anything to her, just tell us....  You will feel bad, eventually, if you DO tell her what you think.  That was not nice of her at all, to not keep up with you....

So yours was benign?  STILL!  Your Mom could have been with up, with all the ups and downs going on!   I don't know what it is, but sometimes our Mom's just act indifferent to their Daughter's.   Did they put you out to do the "lumpectomy?"   Or was it more of a needle-core type biopsy, where they take a little tissue from the suspect site, then wait to hear what the results are?  

I had a lumpectomy, after they did the biopsy, after they got the results, and then had the surgery, where they give you a general anesthetic.  After they take the tumor out, then they get the final path report, and decide your course of treatment. 

Hope you are doing well.... just let us know!  Take good care...

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Hi Shady ...hope everything went well today....thinking about you.

Hi Brandi....welcome

Oh,how is our princess....I hope she is taking care of herself.....hope we get an update

Sometime tonight.

Everybody else.....hope you are all having a good day.....will check in later ❤❤❤

• BrandieMcAdams
    BrandieMcAdams Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2013

Chevy- I just heard back from the surgeon...once again dodged the proverbial bullet and it's benign! Yay!

My first lumpectomy was a fibroadenoma at 18.

This one on friday was technically an excisional biopsy/lumpectomy. The entire bugger is now gone and dissected--and did I mention B9! I follow up with the surgeon on the 7th to see if I have to keep the MRI every 6 mos schedule or if screenings can back down.

I didn't call my mom (does that make me trivial)...I feel like she should call me...I'm the one recovering and all.

Thanks for supporting and listening! I had to get it off my chest. I'm praying for you all! Hopefully Granny's son is doing better.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited January 2013

Brandie, WONDERFUL news. Always good to hear when a lump is benign.