Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2013

Brandi, that's why we're here....!  So glad everything is benign!  That's a big congratulations!!!  Just keep an eye on everything.  Always get those mammograms.  It's just fine if you don't tell your Mother.... if she was worried, she would call you.

BeLIEVE me, I would be WITH my Daughter's when they had this done!  They STILL worry me, even though my oldest is in Orlando!  But our one here, calls most every day, or I call her...  we are just so close.... and I love it.   When she had her Rotator cuff surgery almost 2 years ago, I stayed all night with her that first night.... it was the least I could do!  We took her for her surgery, went home, then I went back to pick the little dickens up.  We picked up dinner on the way home, then had a slumber-party... Wink That's what Mom's do. 

Glad you feel comfortable coming here.... we all do....

Granny, (Princess Kantalope) will be back soon.... she is just going through family stuff, along with worrying about her other Son's surgery, which "didn't work.".....  

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2013

Brandie....wonderful news....it does out heart good when we here B9.....celebrate now!!!!

• shadytrake
    shadytrake Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2013

She is in recovery. Everything went well. She should feel well enough to leave here in about a half hour. Maybe one of the few times she is quiet. -Paul (hubby)

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Now Paul!  Give her our best, and we will be waiting for her to NOT be quiet....Wink  Does she KNOW you said that?  Ha, ha!  And if so, what did she say?

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Oh Paul.....you're asking for trouble on this thread with that kind of talk.. 💪....lol

So happy she is out of recovery ......give her big hugs from all of us ❤❤❤

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited January 2013

Gentle hugs (((Shady)))
    Brandie, it's really up to you whether you call...in my mind I'd want to wait.  But the best part is that even though you cannot control HER response, you can control yours.  And, so happy for you...hope you never have to deal with BC.
    Thinking of Granny...no word here.  What a tough -- no, impossible, situation. 
    I had a stfu moment with DH a week ago....ha ha he's being so nice...but really, sometimes don't I wonder just how many of these days I'm willing to deal with?

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2013

Gee I thought I reached bottom but this shitstorm is still goin on

The hospital released him today to rehab....too many real sick people there and they want him to start the rehab...ok.so we pack all our bags and go to the hospital only to find out that only 1 person can go in the ambulated with him....guess who went back to the room alone?ME...

No cigarettes and no place to buy them grrrrrrr.

I do believe in miracles but ya know the surgery failed...can I hope the aneurysm just disappeared?Dont think so

I'm numb.

Thanks everyone for your love,support,prayers and pms.they really mean a lot to me

I don't think I would have made. It without all my wonderful sistas

Hugggggs grannydukes

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2013

Granny is god to hear from u, but I'm sorry things aren't going as planned. I prayer they have a different solution and it works--and olease take care of u'rself too.

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Brandie---good for u..B9 IS SUCH A WONDERFUL WORD and just keep up with all or any of u'r mammos--I'm sure u know that. And I'm sorry about u'r mom.

• Kassylou
    Kassylou Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2013

Granny, glad to hear from you. Ou are all in my thoughts,

Brandie, congrats, great news!!!!!!!

• Kassylou
    edited January 2013

Here's the latest

Margins clear on left. No ca in rt breast. 3 nodes checked and all clear. They did not run the hormone receptor status because I had bmx. I asked them to run it and should have results in a week or so. Drains are slowing down. I can't wait to get them and the staples out. Actually, the staples more than the drains.

Yea!!!

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Kassy Great news and just rest and heal.

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Granny...keeping breathing, ok....one day at a time.....the prayers and thoughts will not

Stop. Thank you for keeping us up to date. We love you.

• BrandieMcAdams
    BrandieMcAdams Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2013

Shady- Hope you continue to improve!

Granny-Praying...you don't know me but I'm praying

Kassy-Glad for the good news!

I have dense heterogenous tissue, and they want to MRI every 6 mos. I'm hoping to ask my BS if this is really necessary because that's a lot of imaging on my upper half over the next 40+ yrs (I'm only 26). My husband who is sarcastic like Paul responded to my conversation about being "dense"..."I really don't think a doctor can help you with that"...silly man.Should learn more specifics on the 7th...just enjoying the B9.

You guys are seriously amazing and know that when I say I'm praying I mean it!!!

• shadytrake
    edited January 2013

Hi all,

Groggy but okay. I got the real surgeon and they gave me morphine. Nurse got the stick on the first go. Barely felt a thing. They took extra care since my biopsy was so painful.

Back to snoozeville.

-Melissa

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2013

Thanks Paul for letting us know

Thanks Shady (Melissa for checking in)

Granny so sorry, wish there was something I could do, which rehab center, Moss? Take care of your self.

Brandie congrats...

Sandy

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited January 2013

Shady Melissa, that is really good news and I am glad you got the drug that work.  Sleep well.

Granny K, I just can't believe it...things change before you are ready...am wondering if he is farther from your hotel now??  What is next for you?  

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2013

Shady- so glad things went well for you- being miserable after surgery downright sucks :(

Granny- I continue to think of you and your ds....I hope things improve significantly!

I don't have a STFU but I do have a YAY! I had my first follow up at PS after exchange and the pathology on the non cancer side that was lifted and reduced( PS said she took a significant amount of breast tissue) showed no abnormalities and NO signs of rot. And I am allowed to drive! Thank goodness!! With 3 busy kids that is a drag imposing on others to cart my kids all over the place .

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2013

Granny thinking of you!!

Sandy

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

I just got dissconnected-????

Well as I was saying Shady I'm glad it all went well for u and it wasn't painful.

Brandie I didn't realize u'r only 26, but u'r husband is a doll--funny too, he's a keeper. Now technically I don't know a damn thing about all this with radiation so I can't answer anything--actually even about cancer (my brain took a vacation for a couple of years, so I never listened--and I still don't) but u sound like u have Drs. that are watching u carefully--which is good.

Merlcat things are picking up for u--now u have to get busy and drive all over the place.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2013

I'm goin home(pa) today.my GD the one with the 2 babies is on her way.NOW!

I think the rehab is Good Shepard right in the town of Honesdale.

Once again I want to thank each and everyone of you MODS too for holding my hand.

Higgs grannydukes

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Granny sounds like thins are under contril--I truly pray it is, but glad u'r going home---I know it's not easy, but try to rest some and relax.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2013

Love you Granny!

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Shady, glad things went well for you....not too much pain, I hope.

Mericat.. 💃 Congrats

Granny thinking about you and your son plus family, of course. prayers still going up.

• Kassylou
    edited January 2013

My friends and I had a boob pool to guess the weight of my 40G boobs. I thought you would find it humorous. The winner gets a "booby prize". Any ideas for something fun?

Boob pool

Missy 12 lb

Kassie 10.2 lb

Jase 18.5 lbs

Penny 9lbs

Mary 12.3 lbs

Sara. 20 lbs

Liz 4.25 lbs

Kelly 12.2 lbs

The boobs weighed......

Left 3.2 lbs

Right 3.4 lbs

Total 6.6 lbs

The winner is Liz 🎉🎁🎉🎁🎁🎉🎁

• shadytrake
    edited January 2013

Well I have my STFU moment for today.  I get home from surgery yesterday and we grab the mail before I climb into bed.  I wake up late last night and open the mail and what do I find?  A letter from my insurance company telling me that my Dr is covered but the facility is not.  WTF?  I get a letter AFTER the surgery telling me that the scheduled surgery is not covered at that facility...duh...snail mail from California to TN takes 5 days.  I'm thinking a telephone call or email would have been faster.  Plus, the admitting nurse called me three times to verify that they received approval and to bring my 10% of the bill. 

So I get up early this morning, take my pain pill, and then I call Anthem (BCBS) all loopy on my drugs.  Laughing  I tell them that there is no way that Baptist is not in my plan because I had my DaVinci procedure there in September and it was covered 100%.  I give her all of my information and she puts me on hold (mind you I'm totally loopy on morphine).  After a moderate hold, she comes back on and says to disregard the letter as they don't have all of Baptist's ancillary center addresses in their system.  Something that has been complained about for years.  SO FIX IT.  It's called data entry.  HIRE A TEMP and get it entered.

Just in case, I logged the call time, her name, the date, and had my husband sign my log stating that he heard the conversation.  After I hung up, I took a nap.

The good news is that I got to take a shower.  I just took another pill and I'm going to take a nap.  Later girls! Kiss

• camillegal
    edited January 2013

Oh Shady what a wake up that was---good thing for drus--u made it all right thru this chit at least and u got it straihtend up in no time.Great going for a lady on morphine. LOL And take it til u don't need it.

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited January 2013

Shady....I understand completely.....as I have ANTHEM!!  Liz

• Scottiee1
    edited January 2013

Shady, just as well you were on drugs!!!!! Glad you got it fixed, kudos to you girl....lol

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2013

Yes Shady, that's the secret.... don't deal with anything important, unless you are on drugs.... Ha, ha!  Maybe give some to DH too!  Wink  SOMEtimes, these Doc's offices, AND insurance offices can't find their butt with both hands....  Just hold out for a Supervisor, or someone who actually KNOWS what is going on.  That's the way with any phone calls! 

Either drugs or a drink!  Best fix yourself something like a White Russian before you call Comcast, OR the phone company... Ha! 

Hope you keep doing alright....  Geez, you're up and running pretty good!  Just take good care.... Send hubby out for ice-cream and maybe a chocolate coke..... just to keep his girl happy.