STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Hey Chevy, Veggy is going to be on xeloda, I think, thats what Philly is on too. They tried me on it but I couldnt take it. Its a good drug for those that can tolerate it.Veggy, you know we are all here for you, as I told you yesterday, yesterday was my 1 year metsaversary so my heart is with you.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Ladies, need some prayer right now if you get this.  I'm titrating on the new timed-released gabapentin. Its called Gralise. Last night was the time to up the dose and today I'm really... well... not in pain (good)... really feeling weird and in a panic for some reason.. maybe because I feel out of control.. I REA:LLY have to concentrate to type this.  And I'm editing press releases!! now... OH MY prayers please that I don't make any major mistakes.  

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2013

Morning amazing holligans ;)

First off I wanted to appoligize for being MIA... Second trying to catch up... Reading.

Happy Belated Birthday to Chevy and Sass. I think I figured out why we vibe so well ;) we are a bunch of Leo's ;) My birthday is Aug 2.

Second Veggy I have been praying and sending good thoughts and hugs your way!! You are amazing kick cancers ass. You are so tough brave beautiful amazing.

I have a lot to say to the rest of you beautiful ladies but I want to catch up on my reading.

Also wanted to thank you all for your words of encouragement and advice. Tim's parents are stepping up a little more and have changed their attitudes slightly ;) family dynamics are tough. I was glad to see Tim's positive reaction to their slight change.

Radiation everyday for 5 weeks. I am starting my second week. Treatment only lasts 10 minutes if that just starting to have skin changes ie redness and tenderness. But I have a super fair completion. It is a lot to juggle Austin, Work, and Radiation. My daily treatments are scheduled for 630 am so we don't inconvenience any one with Austin. Plus helps with work.

My family that lives in Vineland NJ are here to see me bc I could go back to the shore for the summer. It is so good to see them. But can't tell you how depressing it is. I know there is next year. Can't wait to put Austin's toes in the sand. The beach is my favorite place to be. I feel healed rejuvenated and relaxed. Sorry I will STFU... Want a sweet corn and the most perfect NJ tomato and of course blue crab yumm

The family and I are heading to the mountains then to the Grand Canyon. They have never seen anything out west so they are excited. But it will be HOT!!

I will catch up reading the next few days so I can respond accordingly. Thank u holligans u mean the world to me!!! Sending healing hugs xoxo

Sweet Pea

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,344
    edited August 2013

Stopping in to say hi, and thinking about you --- wishing the best for everyone.

Lilli

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

My Xeloda arrives tomorrow. I don't feel very brave. Thanks for all the love.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Stacy......had a Jersey tomato, and Jersey Silver Queen this past weekend....I have a home in Cape May Beach.......not happy right now...the motor went on my in ground pool, and it cost $500.00 to repair.......oh well shit happen.....

Had 38 rad treatments..did pretty good....lots of fatigue after it was done....good luck

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

CAMMI: what time is your appointment on Monday?

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2013

((((((Veggy)))). Thinking of you... I am so sorry that you or anyone has to go through any of this..... Praying this medicine will help you.

Cindy

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Shellnosy--8:40ayem---early, dopey me--kinda early.

SweetPea u've got lots going on now-but I'm glad a little progress was made and u'r DH sounds so nice.

Gma sometime these meds give us anxiety (everyone's different) but for some reason any med can do it-maybe it's our own body or the med I don't know and this is not a medical opinion, it's my opinion cuz I've been on so many and some I've counteracted with my xanax, but some meds I can not take I feel like I'm shakey and screwed up (shut up Chevy) in my head.

Veggy is u weren't scared u'd be a real vegetable. We're all scared for u, but we do know there is alot that can be helped with Liver mets now and put u in remission is the goal and u can stay that way for a long time--Please think that way cuz it's the truth. (((HUGS)))

What's this about a NJ tomatoe I never heard it was better than any other tomatoe in my entire life. And that's a lot of years. why is it so special? I need to know this. Is it grown with likker? (yea I know about the spelling)

Have u noticed I've been a little better at typing lately? It's the pain meds hahahahaha--SE shall we add this to SE's for newbies? Hey I feel like some kind of guinee pig anyway so we might as well do our own studies.

Oh I took a nap (?????) and when I opened my eyes I saw this big thing on my ottoman that scared me and I touched it and all of a sudden a head pops up and says meow--the way she was laying I didn't recognize her. Plus my eyes were still crossed.

• marywh
    edited August 2013

I have noticed your spelling, cami. Pain meds are good for a lot of things. ha-ha.But we all know what your talking about anyway, so who cares?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Chevy, I did turn the tables on my DR GI. We were done with me. I kind of trapped him b/c we were in the exam room by ourselves. I thought he was in pain by my observations and he confirmed it when questioned. He's a friend as well as my doc. He's a stoic type. I wanted to make sure that he was getting care. He is. :)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Sass.... tell Cammi to not take any more drugs.  She is sleeping somewhere, evidently with some sort of cat, and thinks it's a bug.   And sure, we can read what she posts, but I'd rather think she knows a cat from a bug.  And she feels like a "pig."..... Well, SHE said it.   She's probably hallucinating.... either that or drinking too much...  or smoking something we won't mention. 

And Veggy!  Yes, I've heard that is the treatment for the mets!  So it's going to work! 

Sass, you have to leave these Docs alone...I think.  Or maybe not?  He sounds very receptive to you....  I think he is intimidated by your knowledge of his and hers problems?    Are you beating him into submission?  

One time a Dentist was also my friend..... He was really a lot of fun to talk to, so one time I called up and asked his Secretary if he could come out and play before my appointment....... Like having lunch with my Daughter and I..... but NNOOOOOO!  He was busy.... Wink

A Jersey tomato~!  It was developed at Rutgers, (I think that is the name of it...) and I ordered the seed on line once.... but I couldn't get them to grow, past being a seedling.... Probably the climate here....  Julia Child's tomatoes and  seed are very good also.... Huge and very tasty!

Grammie!  Are you feeling better right now?  Man, I hate that feeling of being "out of control"....!  I could say a few funny things right there, but I don't want to alarm you....Ha! 

And Hi Sweet Pea, Crog, Shells, & Jackie & MaryWTH.....Be back tomorrow!  xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Sas I like the way Chevy talks to u like I can't read. I've been reading for a long long time--I even know the alphabet Chevy by heart. So there.

How is everyone feeling.

Veggy they've got a good handle on this for u, I'm glad about that.

Maryfashionista--I am rusty on all this, but I do know fashion and make-up and lotions so we'll get u all prettied up for u'r big day.

OK for now crog-native u've been quiet too quiet. What's going on.????

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Chevy there's a bunch of old friend docs, none that are single though-bummer. Cami does sound strange, but who am I tio say anything. I told my PCP that I've chosen just to enjoy my vertigo. When the crystals slide in the inner ear, I take a roller coaster ride. Wheeeeeeee.

Does anyone have foobs? A side affect of the swimming my pectorals are getting firmer, therefore my foobs are perkier. Who knew?

There's a rocket supposed to go off tonight. Night launches are really pretty. Like a candle going up :)

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Well, my back porch is almost done, Yay!!! Went out today and got a rug and will hang my pictures tomorrow. I will get dd over to try and help me post pictures. She knows how to do the avatar so if nothing else Ill post it that way for a few days, its time for a new picture anyway. They'll be working on my front porch the rest of the week. Im so proud of both porches, I cant wait for them to be done.

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Nothing like a Jersey tomato......trust me......a taste you never forget once you have had one......especially done "bruschetta"......again...trust me.......It's Jersey Fresh

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Ducky I just never heard of that before---soil must be different????

Porch pictures tomorrow YYYAAAYYY time for some pretty pics. And u still have plenty of time to use them.

Oh Sas what is the vertigo from? BTW

• crog234
    edited August 2013

Hiya Chevy...

Camillegal.. You talking about me??? I am the quiet one.... Love to read the posts but haven't felt like I had anything to add to the conversation...

Hi to all!!!! Even though I am not posting anything I am still thinking of you all and praying for only the best for everyone...

Cindy

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

mostlymomismissing, Come out, come out, where ever you are!!!  Are you doing okay?

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Mary - we need pictures. You can post yours on Photobucket and then transfer them to this thread. PM if you need assistance....WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK  everyone, mark your calendars - POCKET PARTY for CAMMI this coming Moday - 8:30 am Cammi's time.

photo 54315888-37fb-4717-81aa-80423c39456b_zps1293505b.jpg

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited August 2013

julia - just passed 3 wks since being neutered - doing fairly good.  just need to get checked again next month.  the hardest thing is to remember not to lift anything over 5 lbs. - & since I feel better, it's getting harder to remember.  i've lost 3 lbs but that's like one needle off the haystack....  hee hee.  at least it's not a gain.  i just passed my 2nd yr cancer free so that's excellent.  i believe it will be at the top of my mind for the rest of my life though.  i'm a little down lately but trying to claw my way up from the dungeon.  my sister may be coming for a visit soon from oregon so that's another thing to look forward to - she's such a sweet person.  this site has been an upper for me & I visit it daily - oh, who am I kidding, a few times a day really.  I love everyone here.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Mostlymom, it's good to hear from you. Yeah for 2 years! Sorry, you've been down. Glad to hear your sister will be coming. Nothing perks me up like a visit with my youngest sister. Take it easy.

Cammineedsapocketparty- are you eastern time or central? Either one, shells and I might just as well stay up all night.

Blondie-how are you and Otto doing?

Crog, you don't have to say much. Just give us a sign you are okay now and then.

I've been pigging out on blackberries from my backyard. They are considered a weed around here. I wait til the berries are gone and cut them back and pull them up.

Happy Thursday one and all.

• crog234
    edited August 2013

Julia. Will try to remember to write something every few days... I do stop in at least twice a day to read... The blackberries sound wonderful..

Raining here today but we are meeting friends for breakfast. that is at least something to look forward to on a rainy day!!!!!

Try to have a good day everyone..

Cindy

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Shells, will try to do the picture thing, will get dd over to help. my nephew is coming to hang the fans today, Im going to hang pictures, but I swear its going to look like something out of Coastal Living. I have never had anything like this before. We havnt done anything to the house in 13 years. It needed it. Its so nice to be able to go outside and not worry about bugs. Ds wrecked my van last night. Its not my everyday car, but Ive had it for 230,000 miles and still ran like a top. He hit a big deer, but hes ok so thats what matters, deer are awful right now, all over everywhere. I dont even drive at night unless I have to. We cant go anywhere without seeing 2 or 3.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Doc called me back - we are staying at my dose I'm on and he gave me another sample pack of the Gralise so I didn't have to pay for a months worth if it doesn't work out.  Been really off since I upped the dose the other day.  Told me to give it 2 days and if not better back down to my last dose.  I'm really in the basement today... not sure why.. bummer.. 

Cami - I'll be in your pocket on Monday at 8:30 -  so that would be my 6:30 or 5:30???? pacific - No matter I'm up at 3:30 here just let me know. Being you all like my peaceful pictures, here is an oldie that I love:

One of my "Above the Clouds" pictures

• Charles_Pelkey
    Charles_Pelkey Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013

Good day. 
    I am just stopping in to say hello as the sole male representative in this group.

I hope all of you are doing well ... or will be soon.

I just got through with my quarterly check-up, by the way and still so far, so good.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

CHARLES it's good to hear from u and so glad everything is going well for u. That's what we all strive for.

Mostlymomneutered---it's so common to feel down after that type of operation after all that all our female parts and we've always had them so it's kind of normal--it will pass soon. Really.

GMA trying to regulate right doses can be a real PITA--it can be so difficult and I think we tend to look at everything then. When u get the right combo u'll start to feel better--I'm sorry.

Crogsilly why would u say u have nothing to say--There are some on here (OK me included) that have whole long posts on NOTHING but that's why we're here sometimes we just want to rant and we get to do it ere without anyone stopping us or judging us--I mean (no names mentioned besides me) there are some post by someone whose name is like a car that talks about chickens for God sakes, and then we all talk about chickens, so u have to be able to beat that in conversation. Just join in and say whatever u feel.

Julia u really pay attention to everything and remember, that's what's impressive to me. LOL

Everyone better check in.

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Hey Charley,Charley Boombarley.....how the hell are you.......you have been MIA......glad your back, and with good news......always like good news........not a lot on here lately, but we are getting by.........we have all put our "big girl" panties on......some need suspenders, but they are tough, and they will win this battle too......hugs to you

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited August 2013

Good On You Charlie.  I too am stopping bye with HUGS and Blessings for everyone.  Dealing with the joint pain still now that I am on Femara but getting "a little help from my friends" (Sheila) and will knock heads with my cutie patootie MO on Monday.  For now, the pool, pain meds PRN with Benedryl and praying for you all and ME.  Namaste.  

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Cmber.......I take Letrozole...(generic Femara) .it whips your ass too, but honestly.....I think Femara was worse......It cost me $35.00 for 90 day supply.........Femara almost put me in the "gap", and once I reached it, it would have been $1,500 for 90 day......tried Letrozole and actually did a little better......still joint pain, maybe not as bad, but what can you do......it all suck......