STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Hi all

I will be there for the pocket party though I might just be a bit sleepy. Anyway Kiwis are noturnal birds and I do tend to wake about then so put a sleepy kiwi in the pocket as well.

Have LE appointment this morning to make sure I have the right things for travelling.  Its just over two weeks now till I hit North America.

Big hugs

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Yay Cindy, you came out of your shell. Now the hoolies can give you the help and support from experience. I'm a blood clotter, too. My MO said no Tamoxifen becasue of  multiple PEs.

Renamer (let's find a cute nickname for you) - please get that SOB (shortness of breath) checked out to make sure it's not related to thrombosis. 

LMG - I've wanted to work in hospice for years. When my position ended at Kaiser Permanente last year I had the option of trying to find another (less satisfactory) position or taking severance pay and retirement. I took the severance and went back to school for Family NP so I can work in hospice. May have to start as a RN, but its the path I'm supposed to be taking now. It just feels so good to rest for awhile!

Sassy - WTH is a "pervious" discussion? Sounds pervocative.

Beautiful house GG - congratulations - just love that kitchen!

Since I can't drink alcohol at home I'm bringing Cosmopolitans to Cammi's pocket party on Monday.

Miss you Blondiee, Veggy, Wren and Joan.

Hey Ally - we posted at the same time!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2013

Hi Shellshine. Nice to meet another blood clutter although I wish neither one of us had that issue... I am on Anastozole. I have been on it just over 2 years (August 1, 2011)....

Cindy

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2013

I am here, sorry, had chemo yesterday and of course it kicked, will catch up when I can....thanks for checking on me Sassie!!!

Beautiful house!!!

Me ok I guess chemo yesterday along with zemota....the port was not working again for the 5th time so got cath flo and was there was 1030 til 550...got home at 630 after stop at swiss farms to get milk...they still don't know why I can't breathe and took Oscar (yep changed the name) to chemo yesterday....the results of the breathing test were abnormal so thinking a complete pulmonary function test is what they are looking at, whatever that entails....just figure it out!!!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

OO - I want a part of the pervious discussions. Wink

Cami - I found this cartoon just for you from yest. newspaper.

Close to Home

I'll bring some yummy chocolate strawberries for Cami's pocket partay.

GardenGumby - Love your house. Big day tomorrow.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

My daughter had a colonoscopy at 39........I have a great GI guy who knows just how to word things..........all my kids ad theirs done well before 50...........

I also had a grandson who had novel and stomach problems......he got him approved at 19.. ........damn if they did not find a polyp.......Doc said he would have had full blown colon cancer by the time he hit 30.........so insurance companies know shit with the 50 year age for a colonoscopy......

It all depends on your GI's words......and how you present your symptoms and family history.....

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

By the way......I had no deductible with my Plan D......just co-pays.....got close to the Gap, but never hit it..........Femara would have done it......that is why I switched to a generic...

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013
    The Mr. Charles came back!  I'm so glad you are doing good Mr. C! 

We have just been pining and whining since you were last here!  Nothing special, with most of us, but a few are feeling pretty puny! 

Littlegardens!  I LOVE your new home!  How exciting!   And it closes tomorrow!  Congratulations!  Do you have everything packed?  Man, what a job, but I know it's worth it.  I LOVE your yard.... AND your house and kitchen! 

And then MaryWTP....which means "with the porches" has something to celebrate also!    It's so fun to read good news!

And Sass.... what are you doing?  You are putting the moves on Mr. Charles?  He's married, has cute little kids, a wife, and lives somewhere on the Tundra in Wyoming!  Not here with me in Colorado! 

You can't have him probably......  So behave! 

You can have HIM....

Cammi!  I'm with you!  Today, tomorrow and for always..... Monday I'm tied up....  Just KIDDING!  But I'll be with you anyway!

I'll be back in the morning..... xoxoxoxo

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Sas

There is a psych hospital here by that name, but I've never heard of it otherwise. The fur kids don't get out without me. I have a 6' wood fence around most of my yard, 4' chain link for rest of it. I've seen them around here, unreal. 1 1/2 million people in this county.

• crog234
    edited August 2013

Thanks for the info Duckyb1 on the part D....

Cindy

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

ok, I know you all want to hear about my brilliant gs. He can now count to 20, knows all his abc, his address, and dds phone number. He is so smart, must take after his grammy.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Hi hoolie sisters...I have 2 new unused Raquel Welsh wigs and I would be happy to share them with someone in need...they are the same color..one is a bit longer than the other but very similar.....please PM me if you are interested.Here are some photos......

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Miss Sassypantshotlips....OMG....lol...I hate you...then loved you...lol  our little secret...lol

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Wait....sassy is hitting on Chuck??   WTH, I didn't know that was allowed!  Well, he is quite a handsome devil, I admit.  I would hit on him too, but I hate being an also-ran.  **mumblemumble learn the damn rules graham mumble mumble**  Okay, I made that all up except for the part that's true, like Chuck being a handsome devil and sassy hitting on him, but it was fun!

Shellyfish - I helped someone?!  No sh**?  That hardly ever happens.  Thank you!

Little squishy - when you first responded about 'squishy' being okay, I thought you were pretty brave.  Now I think you are brave and amazing. The name squishy does NOT do you justice and you probably need something like Mighty Cindy or Stone Cold Cindy from ____.  Gotta say though, that I love 'squishy'.

Gumbygirl, beautiful house and yard,  Congratulations!  Be sure to reserve one cabinet for bugles and M&Ms.

• crog234
    edited August 2013

Phgraham. I like Squishey cause my granddaughter came up with it!!! But Stone Cold Cindy isn't to bad either. What do you all think my name on here should be?

Cindy AKA Squishey for now at least!!!!!!

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Miss Crog...I love squishey!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Marysmartone--see he does take after you. I knew it.

GG don't forget cookies and doritoes in that cabinet

I forgot who did the pic with the cats--I reeally like that idea with the catnip, to funny.

Now who's after Charles---Sas? OMG keep to u'r self--he's married and if he's going to cheat it would be with me.

Phylogibberish is that code u learned in the big house--it's hard for u to get used to the real world again isn't it?

Who just had chemo and feels like crap? I'm sorry just rest.

Now Crognolongerquiet aren't u glad u opened up, lurking is fine but then there comes a time.

Tomorrow end this week and I hope a good weekend is in store for everyone.

Oh my sister is another one driving me crazy---I told her I put ice on my side and she said are u supposed to? Did the Dr. say to do that? And I said nooo, but a frozen liver is better than if I put heat on it I don't want to cook it. And she's serious saying well I'd ask first OMG like I'm going to call a Dr. for that. My DD checks my temp all the time----I'm loosing my mnd with everyone.

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Oh Cami, I have a sister like that, she just sent me 2 books on how to heal my thyroid holistically.She is one of those who keeps finding new "cures" for cancer too.

• marywh
    edited August 2013

And Chicky, those are really cute wigs, but I would look like an idiot in either one of them, since I dont look any thing like Raquel Welch.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Squishycrog, I sent you a PM about Medicare D.  I'll post it if others are interested.  

Charles, Nice to hear from you again.  Happy things are going well.  We seem to be on our "best" behavior so haven't needed any legal services-lucky you!

It's so nice to see everyone checking in.  

Sas, what page was the last list of hooligans located?  I feel like we have some hoolies missing in action.

I have one nip looking red and unhappy.  Went to the on-call MD on Tuesday but he said it was "okay".  My PS's assistant looked at it, too.  She told me she thought it didn't look good (after the MD) left the room.  My PS is back in the office on Monday-I have an appointment on Tuesday.  I take doxycycline for rosecea daily.  I just upped the dose to twice a day and it's looking better.  

Hope someone brings coffee on Monday morning-I'm going to need it.  I'll bring a breakfast casserole.

Have a good evening.

• crog234
    edited August 2013

Juliaanna. I got your PM and sent one back to you. Your info was very helpful to me.

Thanks Chicka I like Squishey the best too....

Yes Camillegal I am glad I came out from lurking.. Some wonderful helpful people here!!!

Good night all.

Cindy AKA Squishey

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Stone Cold Squishy!  I like Stone and Squishy in the same name.  

Juliaaana , do you mind sending or posting the medicare part D info for me also?

If it's okay, I will bring the band to Monday's party. They won't go home, so we should use them.  They have grown attached to us.

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Phyllo, just what kind of band is this? Should we bring our dancin shoes, Does cami need really big pockets?Are we going to line dance? Ive never done that before, although when I was young I used to clog.

• juliaanna
    edited August 2013

Here you go, miszphyllo,

There is a deductible at the beginning, usually $200 or so but some plans have a $0 deductible.  Once that is met, then you pay a co-pay until the costs reach $2970 (for 2013).  This cost is what you pay plus the cost the insurance pays.  If you pay $10 and insurance pays $90, then $100 is applied to the $2970.  Once you reach $2970 then you pay either 47.5% of the cost of the name brand drugs (Arimidex) or 79% of a generic anastrazole (?sp) until you reach $4700.  Usually folks reach this amount around September/October depending on how many drugs they take.  After $4700, then you pay just a co-pay again.

The cycle starts all over again January 1st.  There are now some rules that narrow the "Gap" or "Donut Hole" over the next few years.  You can also get "Gap" coverage to help with the costs.  

As you look at plans, check to see if your drugs are covered-what tier they are.  The tier usually determines the co-pay.  The other thing to consider is if your pharmacy has a contract with the plan you choose.  You can also change pharmacies.  And as far as I know, you can change plans once a year, usually in October.

Remember any out of pocket expenses can be claimed on your income tax if you can itemize as well as the insurance premiums.

Hope this helps.  It's a bit different than when it first came out.  By default, I became the MedicareD guru at the assisted living where I work.  Didn't cover this in nursing school!Laughing

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Marywhp, rock of course, though they will throw in some zydeco when we ask. We can do any kind of dancing we want. They are wild ones so we should be careful and not forget we are dancing for cammi.

Thanks jooolsiana!

• CassDugan
    CassDugan Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2013

I wish Pogrebin's "How to be a Friend to a Friend Who's Sick" were required reading. I was baffled the first time a woman I have long considered my best friend invited me to do something athletic outdoors not long after my surgery. At this point, I have gone beyond confused to frustrated, annoyed, and just plain angry and hurt. No, I can't go paddling kayaks or help work in you garden after two surgeries and still in the midst of rads. No, it isn't the thought that counts. Rather, the invites for things I clearly am not yet able to do are instead hurtful, since they speak volumes that she is unable and unwilling to hear what I am going through. Nor do I have the energy to confront her to explain how her thoughtless invitations make me feel. :sigh:

• juliaanna
    edited August 2013

CassDugan, welcome. It is so frustrating to deal what we've been dealt and then have to spend energy educating our "friends". Sometimes it seems better to be left alone.

• Charles_Pelkey
    Charles_Pelkey Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013

Thanks to all of you for the kind welcome back. I'm not a regular poster, due in large part because I've been pretty darn busy and that's a good sign in my book, since it means that the cancer thing is a quickly fading memory. I know there are no guarantees, but I sure hope it stays that way.

By the way, here's something my firm got involved in. It's worth a read, since it's one of the best crazy-cops-gone-bad stories I've run across:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/blind-cat-guy-taser-lj-faith_n_3714418.html

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Good Morning Hoolies[

Charles I coudn't get the post, I'll try later, sometimes my comp. is so screwy--Thanks for sharing.

Welcome Cass, we a good group here. I think u'll find info and car and fun here which we all need.

Maryporchlady my sister is /stage IV also hahaha so she has no answers she gets more afraid for me than her and I worry about her but she never complains and still works full time at 74--she's a powerhouse I think. So I really mean it lovingly when I tell her she's a PITA, my cousin too also cancer and heart problems and yet she waits on me--I tell her to leave me alone and she keeps on hugging me. hahaha Oh and my cousin still works at FT too at 74. They are both nuts but are really my rocks and I can tell them when I'm really afraid and in the whole family they are the only 2 that I tell everything to. Cuz they do get it, except all these side tracks that I've had along the way.

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Phyllo...also if you buy a 90 day supply at one time...you save 1 months co-pay........I have Aetna and that is what I do.......you sign up for it, and your Meds come by mail....You can order and refill online, or by phone.......they bill your credit card.......also when a refill is getting close they will even contact your Dr. to get the ok if your out of refills.....it is called Prescription Mail Order.....and mine is called CVS Cares......also U.S drugs, not out of the country.

I get Letrozole as one of my drugs.....if I bought a 30 day supply it would cost me $35.00 a month.......by getting 90 the 3 month cost me $70.00 instead of $105.00.......also they have a red flag to just send me the same manufacturer all the time, so I am not constantly being subjected to new fillers and dyes which can cause new SE's because of the change.....hope that helps.......