STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

LILLI, I know lots of good to excellent male docs, BBBBUT you are sooo right about males. I couldn't resist googling it  because certain medical specialties have been changing ratios since I started in the 60's. Ob/gyn was the earliest to start changing. Plus a number of years ago it was noted that many more women were going into medicine. The article stated that it was due to the trend that docs were making less money. I remember the article b/c it pissed me off. The real fact was there was less dicrimination against women. The youngers don't remember what those days were like.

"What percentage of doctors are female in the USA?" ASK.com "Women entering medicine have made a lot of progress in the last forty years. In the 1970's only ten percent of physicians in the U.S. were women; as of 2009, thirty percent of practicing physicians are female as are fifty percent of medical school attendees." NUmberof.net "There are 661, 400 physicians and surgeons in the United States in 2008. This is according to the 2010 Statistical Abstract of the U.S. Census Bureau. This represents about 12% of all healthcare professionals and 0.6% of all employed persons in the United States. 30.5% of all doctors are female and 16.6% are Asian."

OH well, tried to find more recent stats than the last at 2010, got bored, it'll do. Seemed like allot more females than 33% which was the highest I could find.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

OMG Sass!  Okay I printed it off!  Yes, I think I am relieved!  So it probably isn't anything to do with my heart.... Not CHF, beCAUSE it is only in my left leg....    And I'll keep elevated when I am sitting, AND walk a lot, which we do anyway, AND even soak....  When I go to Docs, I'll have her look at it. 

She had me wear compression stockings, when I had statis dermatitis....  "pooling" of water on my lower leg....  But THAT had intense itching, and this doesn't..... Just a lumpy, sore when pushed, and swollen.  But the stocking really helps!   Thank you for all your research, again! 

And yes, I read about "foot pumps" also!   In fact I will take this print-out when I go see my PC! 

Oh NOW Cammi will do all sorts of wonders!  She is a fast learner....Ha!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Great thoughts from Chicago........yep, so ready to give their opinion they tune you out from the words......"what do you think about this idea"............already if it is not their suggestion you are cut off at the pass....

I think with Dr's they don't always want to go the extra mile, cause at times they are bucking the system.....

My feeling if you know in your heart, for whatever reason you want more follow-up, and they are nay saying you.............you tell them........my complaint and symptoms are real.......so you either find a way to get this done (whatever it is), or I will remember this if something serious is wrong, and then I walk out of here and find another Dr who will take me serious....

I have seen that work............thank God, my Docs listen, take me serious, and find a diagnosis that gets it approved.

I believe the squeaky wheel gets the oil.......you must be your own advocate.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy, my dear lovey, what do I do with you. LUMPY BUMP. How long? Does your doc know? Yes it can happen that a lumpy bump can be present for a very long time. I had one for> a year after a canoe injury. It was a clot in the muscle, a hematoma, in the left calf. Still bothers me periodically 20 years later.  BUt it went through extensive evaluation, to be sure what was up and Doc and I determined together how to manage. I rarely ever assume anything. Notice I do admit to some assuming. I'm not perfect. BUT I would never suggest to anyone else to assume anything --serious :)

AH HAH--excellent point my dear Chevy. Socks were precribed for a status dermatitis which can lead very quickly to stasis ulcer. BUT the KEY is to recognize when something has CHANGED.  To assume that lumpy bump is a stasis problem can lead to big problems if your wrong. So, please, my dear noodle brain check in with your doc Wink

Walking and swimming are two of the best exercises. Swimming is great when there is arthritis or other musculoskeletal problems.  I know Cami loves swimming, but I don't think has access to a pool.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy, Research is done when I don't know the stuff or want to check to see if there  would be expected newer information on a subject. When I taught Emt's the standard joke among EMS teachers was in regard to CPR, burns, bug/snake bite etc. treatments was  "What are we teaching this year?"

BTW You may have to google re: Epsom salts soaks and take the articles to your doc. If they are younger than 60 they may not know the uses of Epsom salts.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Chevy

Check out the site, Dog Food Advisor. It's really good. Home cooking for your girl is wonderful but gets to be a PITA. a lot of dogs have food allergies these days and chicken is a main culprit. Watch her treats too. My 2 will eats fruits and veggys, Spookie loves watermelon and honeydew.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Sas I do have acces to 2 pools actually but since this last thing going on, I tend to not want to over do until I get the OK, and I hope it's soon, the pain after isn't worth it for me on my side. My back isn't as bad as my side right now, but I'm not doing PT--they put me on hold til this is all figured out.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

I do the happy dance in water,

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

OH Cami , knew you put everything on hold b/c of this buggered belly. Hopefully you will get the answers you need MOnday. But since you are here. Thanks again. Your talk a couple months back got me into swimming and exercising. I feel mAveHoloUS

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Drat, no goat burgers today. (Close your ears, littlegoats) I did turn up (haha turnip) a box of pickling cukes so I'll be busy this afternoon.

If it's not joolsey's BD, I wonder who I missed. If it was YOU, I apologize.

Turning on the zydeco and getting to work!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Yummmmm what kind of pickles? I have my gmas recipe for bread and butter. Soooo good. DH is up north now, I asked him to bring me some cukes, I'll make dills if he does. I used to do all kinds of canning and freezing up north, not so much here.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh u silly pickledPhylo---whoever u forgot we might all have I don't remember.

U actually still pickle stuff, WTF u ladies all do so much--How wonderful. I get picked but not the way u mean.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy missed a post cuz I was typing. You said you get lumpy bumpy AFTER the socks are applied. Compression hose and TED hose, if they roll at the top can have a tourniquet liike affect on the venous system. Analogous to a venous tourniquet put on the arm for a blood draw. If these socks roll or even plain old knee high nylon socks or any socks are too tight or roll, they can interfere with venous return. This is a BIG DEAL. Instead of making the venous return better and preventing swelling, either swelling or lumpy bumps can appear. The socks might be making your condition worse.

So, if lumpy bumpy business is only occurring after socks applied , a phone call to let your doc know might be warranted just for safety, but if you discern that the rolling is causing the problem, she will likely tell you to keep them from doing that.. Definetely watching the rolling is IMPORTANT.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

This is pickled

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Sheesh, CamiPhyllo, spookie it's 12:13 are we getting pickled already?

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Spookie, it's my great-aunt Frances' recipe. About half as sweet as bread and butter and half as sour as dills but they do use dill. We grew up on these and my mom had me help when she canned. Will also make some bread and butter and maybe some relish. Not sure how many pounds of cukes this is. Also plan to pickle my first kholrabi! Maybe not today tho...

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Okay this is tooo MUCH. Looking for a faucet. Happened upon this Kohler toilet. All computer stuff. Has Bidet thingy that I swear they used a dog for the engineering. It's only 5,978 $

http://www.kohler.com/numi/#video.html

http://www.kohler.com/numi/#comfort.html

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Sassy - We bought 2 toilets from Lowe's both the same. I refuse to get those high rise ones. I'm too short. If one of us becomes disabled and needs a higher one, I'll just pay for a new one. I'm pleased with them so far. We have teeny tiny bathrooms. If not for the eventual resale value I would knock out one wall and combine the 2 BR. Lowe's (contract plumber) has done an excellent job on the plumbing. They also designed and rebuilt our kitchen 9 years ago. I have much better luck on their website navigating rather than Home Depot. You can even put in your local store and see if the item you want is in stock.

Toilets - I know others are just fascinated with this discussion. NOT.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_113376-834-2447.128NT.020_4294737213__?productId=3306712&Ns=p_product_price|0

Could not get your video to work but the pics are fascinating. Looks like a mini washing machine. Comes with music and a dryer. Oh My. Did you notice the name Numi (like Nummy UmUm Good). Just kidding. I know it's pronounced New-me, right?

Pickles - these were posted on the What's for Dinner thread this week. Refrigerator pickles. Lady that posted them is a wonderful cook so bet they are goooood.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/kinda-sorta-sours-recipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/abs-b-and-bs-recipe/index.html

No alcohol for me today. Started on Mobic for my costo. and sore thumb. Celebrex did very little with exhorbitant copay. Mobic is on the $3.99 list - yeah.

Is everyone else napping?

Got laundry going, still cleaning up from DH's toilet plumbing booboo that led to toilets getting replaced - been wanting to do that forever. Also already given the dog a bath.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Hi kids..WTH are you all talking about...lol..totally lost  HA

Yep napping napping napping..cant stay awake..neither can Cooper

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Omg Sassy, what a toilet- and where they had it? Overlooking the city? Im on my way out to buy one now..I thought Id put it on my porch like they did.ha-ha

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

OH Marywiththebarederriereontheporch Wish LMG could have seen the video. This thing has it all. Wonder if you have to use TP @ all. STFU. We have the most intelligent conversations on stfu. From toilets to pickles

LMG, I love working through Lowe's. If I can't get someting through lowe's then I go to HD. Hmm was that a commercial. Probably would have been nice to combine the two baths, but from a resale standpoint you are better off with the two. Even if the one would have been spectacular. Try the video again or when you are on the comfort page click on the page to the left, forget what it says, but it'll get you to the video. LOL

Chickie, we are here to amuse you between awakenings. :)

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Okay Sass..... I mean my one leg only was lumpy without the stocking!  When I put the stocking on, everything is good....  I DO know what you mean about "too tight"...... I've done that too.

The firmness in that leg, was a little sore and lumpy....  But with the stockings, it is not.     I looked up blood-clot, and it doesn't sound like that at all.
    And when I elevate my leg, and rub it, it isn't sore.  It is not "warm, or red"......  The gal that fitted me with the stocking told me it would help, wearing it all the time, except at night.  And that it would help my veins.... I have those little broken capillary veins?  Not big veins, like I have seen.

CHICKI!!  Go back to sleep..... We're not talkin' about nothin.....Wink

Littlegoats!  WTH?  Pickles, toilets and you gave your dog a bath TOO?  I did also!   Now she is napping!  

Oh wait!  Who told me their dog was allergic to chicken?  If I go "back" I will lose this!!!  But that is so good to know!  I hope that is the problem with Lacee!  We just got back from "Sprouts"...this neat little market here..... and bought some reduced ground lamb!  The Vet had mentioned that also..... along with DUCK!  But DAMN!  I would need a JOB to afford this food!   I cooked up the lamb, and will mix it with her potatoes, celery and carrots.  SHE eats better than most people, I know!  

You know, I don't like the idea of lamb, veal or ANYthing small....  but I don't eat them myself.... Not rabbit either....  DH used to go hunting....  but doesn't anymore.... I just don't like to think about where any of the meat comes from.   Except Spam.....  That doesn't come from anything.  I think they just make it up from something.

Mary, did you see that toilet all in glass?  I saw that on the internet one time!  You could see out, but not in!  It was on some street corner....I'll try and find it. 

I know Bryant Gumble has a bidet' ..... You get a wash job WITH it!  AND I think a blow-dryer!

And the little Cammi is drinking..... again.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

This is my bathroom....  I just built it today.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy it was Spookiesmom talking about Spookie and the chicken.  AND it was Phyllypickle, LMG(?) and Spookiepickle talking pickling. AND ME and Cami talking about getting pickled.    

That outdoor mirrored toilet. In europe(I think France) they rate/rank by quality the outdoor toilets.  Finally figuired out how they keep the goldfish from flushing. I like that, nice touch. Luv the new bath, darling.   

When you start posting to BCO after turning computer on, open up two pages through the browser. Then if your typing on a reply box you can minimize it, maximize the other page to look for whatever you want. Then when found, minimize it, and maximize the reply box page.

Suggest you send to MODS, your description of how to do PICS, b/c Cami said she could do it with your instructions. Yours must be better than theirs.

OKey dokes one the leg, sounds like you have a handle on it :)

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

I told you Zig is allergic to chicken too. My goodness Chevy you are so talented, building that bathroom in a day. I always knew youd do something spectacular...

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Mine is on the go

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

All these topics and Chickie u can certainly nap while all of this is going on THIS IS MENUTIA of what we say no need to stay awake for this.

Chevy I'd think if wearing a stocking helps then it probably isn't something to bad, but u should have it checked anyway--

And yes I want to get pickled but I don't drink, so I do cyber drinking, it's great.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Oh wow!  I hope chicken is the culprit!  The Vet wanted me to stop ALL beef, chicken, turkey....BUT I told Lacee that, and she cried her little heart out.... So I told her okay, let's just stop your chicken and sliced turkey breast for awhile.  She jumped for joy!  NOW she gets potatoes, carrots, celery, beef, pork, and some lamb tonight!  She has lost 6 pounds this Summer.  She needed to, and probably more, but I just want her to be healthy, and not get all those hot spots!   I'm not feeding any kibbles yet for awhile.

My neighbor.... the chicken neighbors, left us a huge bag of Beneful dog food, and a lot of cans of dog-food.... but I have to look through it better....  I KNOW it would take her YEARS to eat the dry food, so maybe I'll just take a little, for when we try her on the kibbles again.  I'll have to read if it has chicken in it.... if THAT'S the reason for her breaking out.

So you guys are pickled?  I love pickles!  Just the Vlasic ones.  I remember going to a drive-in when we were first married, and had the girls, and they would fall asleep in the back-seat, and I would always get a pickle and a tamale.... Ha!   We didn't have much money at all, but we could afford that.

Okay, Sass, I'm going to try what you just suggested, after I post this.....Wink

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Okay now....YES!!!!  But all I did was leave THIS page, go to BC.ORG again, to favorite topics, go back a page, then click THIS page, and the post-in-waiting was still HERE! 

Does ANYone know WTH I am talking about?  Sass does!  Thanks Sassy! xoxoxoxo