Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited February 2013

It is more stressful NOT KNOWING than KNOWING....  Haven't our families learned that yet?

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited February 2013

I can't say enough good about this thread and this site.  I'm coming up on 2-yr this Friday since my diagnosis.  When I lost my mother 14 yrs ago, it took 2 yrs before I could forgive myself for not letting her die at home like she wanted - I took her to the hospital.  The grief I felt then is the same I had after my diagnosis.  But I don't see any end in sight for the grief I'm going through now - although it's gotten "easier", it never quite leaves.  I can say things here I can't even talk to my family about.  I read things here that make me lol, cry, and I feel at home and welcome when I'm here.  You are my friends and you understand when I need cheering up, a kick in the pants, or just a shoulder.  Thanks for being here.

Martha  (STFU Martha....)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2013

Hi martha I' just woke up blh I hate when I fall asleep to early.

OK Granny I had the cigs, u didn't ask u were playing with the tape recorder, but u got everything down--See I never use one, never write anything, don't bring anyone--that's why I never know what's going on and pretty much the way I like it for me. But I dislike whrn my DD's tell me how I feel and why. I have said STFU, but they are used to thst from me soooo no one cares.LOL

Dr. Friday ick it's like we never stop--there my whine now I'll have some wine.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2013
    Holy crap!  She's back!  Probably been listening to her .... a-hem...TAPE RECORDER!  IN CAPS YET!  GUNS A BLAZIN!  SMOKE COMING OUT OF HER NOSE!  BRIGHT RED LIPSTICK ON, AND THOSE SHOES!!!!!  Ha, ha!   I'll bet you still use a typewriter..... and a wringer washer.  She sleeps in a bunk-bed you know...... 

Ducky, she is after you too... that bitch!  Don't let her get away with it.  Even if she IS having tummy trouble.... Are we the cause??? 

I remember when Princess Kantalope first came on here....  Nothing like she is now....  All sweet and innocent, and just scared to death!  Somehow she "turned".....  and now I can smack her around, and we are just plain "buddies."  She doesn't always know what she is talking about, but when you love someone, you don't care...Ha, ha!

Okay Shady, I see now.... "barn-friends"....  that's like my DH.... He has "bar-friends".....  and then he comes home and acts like a horses-a$$...Is that the same? Wink

Redhead.... Yes, Philly steak sandwiches.... this one place here used to make them with sliced pot-roast.... they were soooo good... Then they changed the bun, THEN the meat, so I don't get them anymore.

Foxey!  I live near old Elitch's in NW Denver.  Now this area is called "West Highlands"... because we are snooty. Wink  These people around here are all in their 30's and 40's... except a few of us old hangers-ons.  I grew up a block away... went to the same schools as our Daughters.  I graduated from North, like my Dad almost did... So we love this area...  Probably because I haven't lived anywhere else, Ha! 

Yes, I think most of us believe in God... or if we don't, that's okay too, but I think everyone believes in a higher power...  It's not okay to swear and use HIS name... but us old Sailors... like little K know how to get around that... but thank GOD for little miss Princess...  who would I tease if she wasn't here?

Miss K... you probably had your mouth washed out with soap so many times that when you opened your mouth, bubbles came out!  

Morning Chabba... nice to see you hear...  you aren't a spy, are you?  You have to talk like us, or we will wonder who you are working for!  My DH talks like his buddies when he comes back from "THE BAR!"  We don't usually talk like this, so this thread is like ditching!  I can cuss and probably even smoke!  Ha, ha!  That is if I didn't quit in 1964.  I think if I took a drag now, my chest would collapse.

Welcome mostly mom!  My Mom died about the same time yours did... And I still miss them....  I'm sorry that you feel that you should have done something different, but we ALL have those feelings.  I think you can forgive yourself now...   I feel bad the way some things were with my family too... but try and just not think about the things that hurt you.  See, I am an old sage... I heard that somewhere... "Old Sage"... that means I must think I know a lot.  But we are your shoulder...  and we're always here.... especially Granny... (Princess Kantalope, Special K)  She has aliases, you know.

Yes Camille, I don't like for anyone to come IN the Doc's office with me either... unless they are helping me WALK!  I felt much better, hearing that I had BC, without my DH in the room... But I ran outside and got him, and had him sit with me, in front of the Doc, and I just sort of said, "I have breast cancerbutwhattheywilldoisdosurgerythenprobablyradiationorsomethingandthenIwillbeokay!"

But it hurts them as bad as it does us, to hear something is wrong with us.

Well okay gals.... it's getting light out...which is actually dawn.... Ha! Going with my Daughter to have our taxes done later... We both use AARP, so it doesn't cost anything... That gives us enough money to buy food.... Ha, ha!  I'm just kidding..... xoxoxo

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2013

u guys r the best......thanks for making me smile...had chemo yesterday and welll.....it was ok.....nauseous, tired, cranky, etc.....oh and the philly cheaksteak thing, well we think it is the rolls not the steak.....there is a place called a taste of philadelphia that makes them and sends them to anyplace in the US i think......wish I could write back to you alll individually but i forget what you all wrote and I hate when the page changes.....my puter is having issues......on sons he is out...

ducky.....the kid thing....oh well they get on my friggin nerves, says they are coming to check on me and then asking for a pain pill, really.....

granny glad everything went well with the surgeon...

glad the girls made up, even on this site we don't want anybody leaving (we will hold you hostage)....everyone is important and brings their own thing

red so sorry you had a bad day the other day....hope today is better.

to everyone else, chevy, shady, cam and others....sorry if i missed you which I did...but...take care and have a great day...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2013

Blondie sorry bout the chemo hope u feel pretty good with this.

OK my oldest DD called and we talkd for a bit now I have know idea whateer I was going to talk about. OH I can't do 2 things like I used to anymore--my mind is bland (as usual) 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited February 2013

Holy shit chevy...did you write a book?and waiting for daylite?are u kidding me....what time was that?I will not get out of bed before daylite unless i must get somewhere early which i try not to do.

Phylly cheese steak??????if i ate one now i would have to go straight to the emergency room and have my friggin stomach pumped for day....i hope after this surgery i will be able to.its on my bucket list.ha.

BTW I dont use any of those friggin old shit.im modern now.just got the ipad.still tryin to get to the mall to get the wireless router.I was goin today but my GD called to tell me she told my son about the failed surgery.He told her she should have kept it a secret.Well now not only did she ruin her day,my sons day and pulled me along.I cannot let this put me back in that dark hole.Im gonna be on and off all day here.my sanity....even tho chevy rips me apart she always makes me crack up.

princess yeah right.....in my dreams.ha.

enuf...grannydukes talks to much anyway.I was never quiet.Dont listen to miss chevy.

xoxoxo kantalope

and a good day to all of you.

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2013

Hi everyone, yes today is a much better day, I told my co worker to STFU this morning and it was GREAT!  So all is well in the world for the moment.  Embarrassed my 17 year old, an additional plus.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, Granny, so sorry to hear about your son, don't let yourself get pulled into the dark.  I know its hard not to though.  Hang in there! Sealed

• shadytrake
    shadytrake Member Posts: 69
    edited February 2013

Hi all,

I feel like crap today. DH is out in the rain picking up Chinese soup for me. I'm staying in and curled up in a ball. Ugh. :-(

• ShaneOak
    ShaneOak Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2013

Maybe we should plan a Philly Steak eatin'/Book reading/Margarita drinking events for the group...what fun this group would be together!  I'm sure Team Fiesty Fireballs....aka Granny, Chevy, Shady and Sandy could drink Team Loose Cannons under the table...aka me and um...well, whomever else wants to join me....I can't drink alone.  Well, I can and do but would prefer the company.  You are a spicy bunch and I L-O-V-E it! You seasoned gals make me laugh.  Hopefully, seasoned isn't offensive...if it is just tell me and I'll kindly STFU.

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

Hey Shane-dont forget ducky....you know how she loves her drinks.

I cannot drin or eat that Philly Steak but ill join that book club.

In fact today im gonna order the book that Scottie told me to read...about the 2 sistas who killed their parents.

• redheadinwv
    edited February 2013

I am not supposed to drink but I'll join you! I want to read that book about the sistas too!! Although I would knock off my sista instead of my dad, my dad has Alzheimers and doesn't know me anyway.  My sister is a useless cause......

• ShaneOak
    edited February 2013

I knew I was forgetting someone...sorry Ducky! Redhead I got you down.  I think the book sounds good.  Makes me think of my MIL!! 

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

Well lets see what the other sistas say about reading that book.Im gonna anyway but it would be nice for an open discussion.Great idea.lets do something all together.....

lets start with WHO WANTS TO READ THAT BOOK?????

Food and drink dont interest me at all!!!!!!!

• redheadinwv
    edited February 2013

I will read it, what's it called again?

Food is not high on my list today at all....... blah!

• ShaneOak
    edited February 2013

Count me in!

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

Death of bees by Lisa ODonnell.

Scottiee is the one who told me about it.

She can probably give us more info but im gonna go to Amazon and order it today.

I always wanted to be in a book club.never figured it would be on the STFU thread....love it!!!!!!

im waitin to see if chevy or ducky will read it....Ducky when she is sobor and chevy when she is not redoing her house.

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

that book is not on amazon.wont be till oct22,2013.what the hell does that mean?

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2013

Hi all....sorry I'm so behind but a bit tired as it was my first day back at school since last Friday!!!!

Granny.....sorry about your son.....one day at a time....keep your healthy UP as you need to be fit for YOUR op. BTW I'm half way through the book and it really is a page turner.

It kind of helps a little if you grew up in Glasgow but it doesn't take away from the story.

This is the first book I've been able to focus on since my dx last Feb. I used to be an avid reader till BC struck and then all I could read was F...ing BC info and research papers 😜....so I say BC STFU now and let me read something interesting.

You guys continue to crack me up ....some of you are feeling a little down or under the

weather, I'm so sorry!!!!!!....as I said to Granny....one day at a time.....this is my "new normal"....just don't take everything g for granted anymore...luv ya ...❤

now WTH...oh STFU Christine....no pitty parties allowed here...💃

• ShaneOak
    edited February 2013

Granny, I'm looking at Amazon now and it says they have 45 new ones for $11.00.

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

ShaneOak.....you got the the right book?????? I checked about a week ago and there was nothing so I downloaded it on my IPad....really prefer to have paper in my hands....lol

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

I too have not read anything except about bc or wellness since dx 3 yrs ago.Its about time I read something that is a page turner......

how come when i looked at amazon(for a soft covered book)ah thats probably why there was none...I hate those hard covered books.its probably not in softback yet.....AM I RIGHT?????????????

• ShaneOak
    edited February 2013

It says in stock and I double checked the title and author.  I must be doing something wrong :(

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

is the book hard covered?

I think we posted at the same time.

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

ShaneOak....sorry you are right....wow, what a difference a week makes....lol

Granny, it is available in soft cover on Amazon.....just checked ❤

• ShaneOak
    edited February 2013

Yes, Granny it is. 

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited February 2013

The book available now is hardcover.  Paperback is due out in Oct.  About a $5.20 difference.

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

ok so its me...im gonna check right now

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

I just checked again...now they do have it in paperback but u gotta pre order it.will not be ready for shipping till Oct...am i goin off my rocker!!!!

help.

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

Granny....lol.....don't go off your rocker please!!!!..why don't you do what I did and download it from iBooks ....I think I paid around $12.00